Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th December 2022, 12:01   #1801
BHPian

Re: Kia Sonet : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by spanner777 View Post
Hello!

Wanted to know from you all - how real is the DPF pain ? My usage can be considered as mostly city (as intercity traffic within Kerala dont let you go beyond city speeds for long).
I would say go for a weekend drive to prevent this. Or at least fortnightly 30 mins high RPM drives. Should be doable.

Worst case, I think you can put it in neutral and keep revving or just drive in lower gears to clear the soot. Anyways, it has some DPF regen option when the filter is clogged I think.
epiccross is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2022, 11:41   #1802
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spanner777 View Post
Hello!

Kia Sonet Deisel AT fits perfectly my requirement for a new car.
Wanted to know from you all - how real is the DPF pain ? .
I believe not many Diesel AT have faced DPF issue. It's mostly the manual ones which may have faced DPF issues.
ECU in the AT might be raising the RPMs to keep DPF clear.
ArijitGupte is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2022, 14:03   #1803

Quote:
Originally Posted by YashD View Post
Exactly! I have spoken to a friend who owns a workshop to get the job done for me.
It's an easy fix.
Please post an update once this is done, I am also considering to get an under-hood insulation done. Even though the engine is silent, it would help in situations with higher revs.

Also another interesting find, ACC switches to fresh air mode when sunroof is opened or put into tilt mode and reverses back to recirculation mode when it is closed.

Last edited by anup_av : 11th December 2022 at 14:31. Reason: Missed Quote
Old 11th December 2022, 16:34   #1804
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YashD View Post
Exactly! I have spoken to a friend who owns a workshop to get the job done for me.
It's an easy fix.
Please update me on this, will you? Thinking of getting this done myself once I get my Sonet.
Also, how much does it cost?
Old 11th December 2022, 16:55   #1805
BHPian

As per news, New Brezza recently got an OTA update which enabled wireless Android Auto and Apple Carplay.
However in Sonet GTX, we have wireless charging but cabled Android Auto and Apple Carplay.

I just got a new phone me with Android 13, when I connect to Sonet using Bluetooth, i get a notification on the phone saying Android Auto available click to connect, on opening this notification the app says connect a cable to use Android Auto.
Does that mean that Sonet and Android are communicating on Bluetooth but Kia has disabled further wireless Auto and Carplay compatibility?
Old 11th December 2022, 17:13   #1806
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArijitGupte View Post
As per news, New Brezza recently got an OTA update which enabled wireless Android Auto and Apple Carplay.
However in Sonet GTX, we have wireless charging but cabled Android Auto and Apple Carplay.

I just got a new phone me with Android 13, when I connect to Sonet using Bluetooth, i get a notification on the phone saying Android Auto available click to connect, on opening this notification the app says connect a cable to use Android Auto.
Does that mean that Sonet and Android are communicating on Bluetooth but Kia has disabled further wireless Auto and Carplay compatibility?

I got a new Sonet D AT i guess it is HTX Variant. Wireless android auto enabled on it while i was taking the car home from showroom. Maybe the newer sonet have it but the older ones do not. The connection was as seamless as it could get.
Old 11th December 2022, 17:33   #1807
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by psbali View Post
I got a new Sonet D AT i guess it is HTX Variant. Wireless android auto enabled on it while i was taking the car home from showroom. Maybe the newer sonet have it but the older ones do not. The connection was as seamless as it could get.
I think it's an idiotic thing where higher trims don't have wireless Android Auto/Carplay. Dealership said it's owing to the inbuilt navigation but seriously doesn't make any sense to me.

Hopefully fixable with OTA update though, but not sure.
epiccross is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th December 2022, 20:36   #1808

My one year + old Sonet HTX D AT supports wireless Android and ios seamlessly.
Old 12th December 2022, 11:30   #1809
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by epiccross View Post
I think it's an idiotic thing where higher trims don't have wireless Android Auto/Carplay. Dealership said it's owing to the inbuilt navigation but seriously doesn't make any sense to me.

Hopefully fixable with OTA update though, but not sure.
Absolutely agree 💯%. Wireless charging but wired connection. Defeats the purpose of wireless. And this is in the Top end trim.
ArijitGupte is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th December 2022, 10:42   #1810
BHPian

Has any sonet user faced braking issues (like with Creta/Seltos) where the brakes go hard (particularly on bad roads)?
Old 14th December 2022, 12:06   #1811
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Has any sonet user faced braking issues (like with Creta/Seltos) where the brakes go hard (particularly on bad roads)?
The pedal has jammed a few times, the service guys were not able to identify it, anyway, I always check the brakes before I leave my compound. The roads are smooth where this happened though.
Old 14th December 2022, 12:10   #1812
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avira_tk View Post
The pedal has jammed a few times, the service guys were not able to identify it, anyway, I always check the brakes before I leave my compound. The roads are smooth where this happened though.
Can you explain in detail? Is it like mid-journey it gets jammed? How fast were you going? Is it the ABS?
Old 14th December 2022, 12:15   #1813
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Can you explain in detail? Is it like mid-journey it gets jammed? How fast were you going? Is it the ABS?
The pedal gets stuck and doesn't move, it happened about 200 meters from my compound gate. Speed must have been around 30, luckily avoided rear ending a car. It's not the ABS.
avira_tk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2022, 12:21   #1814
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avira_tk View Post
The pedal gets stuck and doesn't move, it happened about 200 meters from my compound gate. Speed must have been around 30, luckily avoided rear ending a car. It's not the ABS.
Is this the D/AT? It's really weird that this is happening.. Do you have any clue as for why this happens?
Old 14th December 2022, 12:35   #1815
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Is this the D/AT? It's really weird that this is happening.. Do you have any clue as for why this happens?
Yes, it's a DAT, the issue occurred even after service took a look at it. There has been no issue in the last two months. Its a September 2021 model.
avira_tk is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks