Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 26th October 2020, 22:35   #646
Senior - BHPian

re: Kia Sonet : Official Review

Yes, the Kia Sonet HTK Plus has got a full time rear view camera view aka DRVM. Is it possible to allot the shortcut to the favourites button on the HU or the steering wheel (HTK Plus/HTX owners can confirm)? It is distracting to browse for it in the HU while driving.

GTX+ gets a dedicated button to activate DRVM rather than scrolling through the options in the HU.

Regarding its use as a compensation for the lack of rear wiper, it surely can be useful if the lens is clean and its not raining. Infact rear wiper will only clean a part of the rear windscreen whereas the DRVM provides full view of the rear while driving. As I have never used a rear camera till date, I can not comment on how useful they are during rains.

Last edited by PaddleShifter : 26th October 2020 at 22:36. Reason: Typo
Old 26th October 2020, 22:44   #647
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaddleShifter View Post
Yes, the Kia Sonet HTK Plus has got a full time rear view camera view aka DRVM. Is it possible to allot the shortcut to the favourites button on the HU or the steering wheel (HTK Plus/HTX owners can confirm)? It is distracting to browse for it in the HU while driving.
Yes, you can configure it to the favorite button of Infotainment system and also have a widget on the infotainment home screen.
Old 27th October 2020, 10:26   #648

Has anyone who has bought the Sonet able to buy any accessories?

I am looking for 3D mats, boot mat and mud flaps.

The accessories department at my local dealership says there are none in stock and so far only 1 lot of about 15 or so have been dispatched so far.
Old 27th October 2020, 12:37   #649
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merc4Life View Post

The accessories department at my local dealership says there are none in stock and so far only 1 lot of about 15 or so have been dispatched so far.
The accessories which I wanted were :
  • Mud Flaps
  • Sill guards
  • Carpet mats

The only thing that I got was 3d mats. The 3d mat is actually great! There are a lot more cheaper items out there, but this is actually worth the money!
Do consider buying these if you get hands on them.
Old 27th October 2020, 15:20   #650
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaddleShifter View Post
GTX+ gets a dedicated button to activate DRVM rather than scrolling through the options in the HU.
I have a dedicated button on my HTX + so didnt feel the need of adding another as fav.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merc4Life View Post

I got floor mat with car delivery. however the boot mat and mudflaps were OOS, they will give me one when I go for the number plate (hopefully).
Old 27th October 2020, 17:21   #651
BHPian

Re: Kia Sonet bookings cross 50,000 mark in 2 months

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS2024 View Post
Thanks, are you saying even without the hill hold feature, it does hold the car for a couple of seconds?
Is it not possible to move the car on steep inclines without using the hand brake?
I have tested HTK+ Diesel AT and found the torque converter holding the car at approx 20 degs slope without the brakes. However HTK+ D/AT has no traction control, ESC etc. In my view this is serious lacking for an SUV.

Rear wiper should not be a concern. Rear spoiler is fitted on all variants. I have rear wiper on other hatchback and I can say that its only used for cleaning the car. Its never used during rain. Why it is available on GTX+ - Probably Kia knows that people going for this variant will be happy to pay for anything extra and fancy.
I wish car companies could let the buyers decide on the required features.
Old 27th October 2020, 18:01   #652
BHPian

Re: Kia Sonet bookings cross 50,000 mark in 2 months

Quote:
Originally Posted by TS Rawat View Post
I have tested HTK+ Diesel AT and found the torque converter holding the car at approx 20 degs slope without the brakes. However HTK+ D/AT has no traction control, ESC etc. In my view this is serious lacking for an SUV.
Does the HTK+ Diesel AT have Hill hold function? Am not aware, hence asking. Maybe the Torque is helping matters as well? I was more keen on how the Petrol iMT model behaves without Hill Hold function.
Old 27th October 2020, 18:15   #653
BHPian

Had a worst ever experience with Kia last week.
My friend was looking for a C-SUV (Sonet or Nexon) or SUV (Seltos or Creta), and I was his advisor buddy
He loved the Nexon after the test drive for the value it offers.
But I convinced him to evaluate other options too, especially Sonet or even a mid-spec Seltos
With lots of hope and excitement we approached the showroom which were instantly tarnished by showroom staff.
The SECURITY guard turned us back from the door by asking us to visit after an hour(!).
We assumed that, considering COVID situation, he might be instructed this way to manage social distancing inside (which was clearly lacking inside though, but still we assumed that way).
When we returned after an hour, the same guy told us on the face that showroom is closed and asked us to visit some other day with PRIOR APPOINTMENT (!). No courtesy shown.

Let's say if the situation was forcing him to do so, he or some sales person could have noted down our name and contact number, which nobody did.

I know the both the Kias are hot-sellers but does this mean you ill-treat or ignore your prospective customer?
I am sure there would be many people like us across India too.

Even then, I thought of trying it for one last time and approached Kia through their own site, through Carwale and through Twitter.
This time I was not surprised that these requests went un-heard too.

Thank you Kia and wish you very best luck for the future in India.
Old 27th October 2020, 18:30   #654
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveOnceMore View Post
With lots of hope and excitement we approached the showroom which were instantly tarnished by showroom staff.
The SECURITY guard turned us back from the door by asking us to visit after an hour(!).
We assumed that, considering COVID situation, he might be instructed this way to manage social distancing inside (which was clearly lacking inside though, but still we assumed that way).
When we returned after an hour, the same guy told us on the face that showroom is closed and asked us to visit some other day with PRIOR APPOINTMENT (!). No courtesy shown.
Please provide the showroom name and location. If you want you can create a new thread to get even more attention to this showroom's staff behavior.

TATA seems to follow Team-BHP quite closely. If KIA has any PR guys with common sense they would too.
Old 27th October 2020, 18:31   #655
naj
BHPian

Quote:
My friend was looking for a C-SUV (Sonet or Nexon) or SUV (Seltos or Creta), and I was his advisor buddy
He loved the Nexon after the test drive for the value it offers.
But I convinced him to evaluate other options too, especially Sonet or even a mid-spec Seltos

Let's say if the situation was forcing him to do so, he or some sales person could have noted down our name and contact number, which nobody did.

I know the both the Kias are hot-sellers but does this mean you ill-treat or ignore your prospective customer?

Even then, I thought of trying it for one last time and approached Kia through their own site, through Carwale and through Twitter.

Hello ,
On the contrary we are having a very different experience with dealerships in Pune. Reading and noting all the reviews about limited rear space in Sonet and Nexon being better in all respects , inspite of 2 test drives and various visits to different Kia dealerships in Pune , called them again and asked if they can provide a re-test drive . We have booked the iMT HTX . The test drive once again reaffirmed the decision to go with the Sonet .
The SE was quite accommodating and since he was busy allocated us with his colleague . Did a really long TD and he also showed us the Seltos if we wanted to upgrade .
But what we heard this time was the waiting time for Sonet is going to be more than 2 months for people who have booked in the first week of Oct and even more if the buyer opts for a non moving color like Blue or Beige Gold. We have booked the Blue .

Thanks-

Last edited by naj : 27th October 2020 at 18:57.
Old 27th October 2020, 19:25   #656
BHPian

Quote:

KIA DEALERS ARE PATHETIC.

There you go guys anyone who has an eye out on this thread, if you are associated with KIA this must be crystal clear!

@mods can we have a thread dedicated to KIA dealers!

Well, please go ahead and try another dealer? I was adviced the same from other folks here and that lead to a purchase of sonet! I am very happy with the car too!

So, maybe we should have a dedicated thread for the these goons and see where it goes. It might be selling like hotcakes but unt when? If this attitude is at the store front. I can only imagine how the service centers will be, given that they will be overwhelmed by the sheer numbers sonet and seltos are clocking!

PS : I remember going through a thread on the pathetic service provided by kia via the UVO/sos. Also, endless list of issues with Diesel and air purifiers.
Old 27th October 2020, 23:00   #657
PKH
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKB999 View Post
I felt like I'm reading my own post 😅 because only the dates are different (Aug 20 and Sep 21). I was about to cancel the booking today evening and then got call from the Dealer CRM that the vehicle has been allocated in plant and soon will be allotted to the dealer; may be I can get it by next weekend. fingers crossed!!
Same here I booked on the Aug 20 changed the variant from GTX+ DCT to GTX+ 6AT on Sep 12 and still waiting for the car. The dealer states that he has no control over the variant colour as Kia issues a set of car to them every week even though they received over 70 cars my variant and colour combination has not arrived yet.
PKH is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2020, 23:20   #658
PKH
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhansali_hardik View Post
KIA DEALERS ARE PATHETIC.

There you go guys anyone who has an eye out on this thread, if you are associated with KIA this must be crystal clear!

@mods can we have a thread dedicated to KIA dealers!
Again these are dealer specific the one in Kollam, Kerala is very responsive even after I booked the car they gave me a pretty long test drive on the engine and gearbox combination that I booked as well as other combinations. And always kept me informed about the status of the booking including centralised docket number from Kia. I have still not received the car but he does call me whenever a set of cars come for delivery.
Old 28th October 2020, 00:19   #659
BHPian

Quote:
We dealt with 3 dealers for booking Kia Sonet and finally got the delivery yesterday. Ironically, the dealer which delivered the car was the most undeserving out of three. There were compulsions for picking that dealer. The whole delivery experience left a sour taste. But we cherish the decision to pick a super product.

Firstly, the car is good. So don't ditch a good product for an engagement which has got little worth post the sale.

Secondly, while the post sales experience remains to be seen, you have an opportunity to try different dealers for pre sales. I am not trying to shield the incompetence of the specific dealer that you dealt with but don't let an idiot stop you from making an informed decision.

Last edited by headbanger : 28th October 2020 at 00:22.
headbanger is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2020, 00:35   #660
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKH View Post
Again these are dealer specific the one in Kollam, Kerala is very responsive even after I booked the car they gave me a pretty long test drive on the engine and gearbox combination that I booked as well as other combinations. And always kept me informed about the status of the booking including centralised docket number from Kia. I have still not received the car but he does call me whenever a set of cars come for delivery.
Nope, even a single rotten apple is enough right?

The thing is I dealt with 3 dealers on 2 different occasions. One was when we were planning to buy a seltos manual and the dealer was happy to offer someone elses brand new car!

The second occasion was, when we bought the sonet! Compulsions of buying insurance inhouse, taking loans inhouse, no clarity on the delivery dates to general consumers, absolutely no respect for buyers to make their decisions and while doing this they scare you by trekking things like, if there's an issue it'll be tough if you go with options outside our showroom. Do they imply that they will give bad service as we are informed consumers? Kia has to take a stand and tighten up their standards!

For once the industry should learn in this aspect from MSIL. (Have bought MSIL before so can vouch for them!) They have absolutely no room for dealers/service centers to act like goons. One mail/call and the dealers are all ears to resolve the issues! Because MSIL keeps a check on them.

For Kia the SEs have been good and bad both. But dealers have always been bad! My SE was the one that actually helped me and was frustrated with his own office policies imposed! (He obviously did not tell that openly, but was evident) hopefully is market demand corrects itself over time KIA and there dealers might mend their ways. If stinger and the likes come to India soon there would be absolutely no change in their attitude for sure!
bhansali_hardik is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed