Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 25th November 2020, 15:55   #751
BHPian

Re: Kia Sonet : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishal.jayakuma View Post
In Chennai, all except one dealer forecasted 9-10 weeks waiting period. The other guy confirmed that he can deliver by Jan second week.
This is for the diesel gtx+? Dealers are notorious, they hype up the wait times unrealistically as well. My dealer was pressing me to buy my car ASAP and had forecasted 4-6 weeks as well.
bhansali_hardik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2020, 22:18   #752

Hi Guys in Bangalore,

I booked GTX+ Diesel AT (Black) on 14th Sep and I also faced the same delivery issue. I could not get the clear dates from them. I did one more booking with another dealer as well. This time I told more colour choices of Red and White with both dealers.

Finally, last week I met the Sales Manager and he said the Silver is available immediately but I did not want that. Then he said Gold Biege is available from Hubli and I confirmed it.

Yes. I had to compromise on the colour (it is fine; my family liked this colour and I am doing black sticker on the top). I got the delivery today and handed over it to 3M for wrap, under chase coating and ceramic coating. I will get the car on Saturday morning and cant wait to drive it.
drajesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2020, 12:30   #753
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drajesh View Post
Hi Guys in Bangalore,

I booked GTX+ Diesel AT (Black) on 14th Sep and I also faced the same delivery issue. I could not get the clear dates from them. I did one more booking with another dealer as well. This time I told more colour choices of Red and White with both dealers.

Finally, last week I met the Sales Manager and he said the Silver is available immediately but I did not want that. Then he said Gold Biege is available from Hubli and I confirmed it.

Yes. I had to compromise on the colour (it is fine; my family liked this colour and I am doing black sticker on the top). I got the delivery today and handed over it to 3M for wrap, under chase coating and ceramic coating. I will get the car on Saturday morning and cant wait to drive it.
Well, congratulations! Also, what are the prices you are shelling out at 3M. Could you share those details as well here, will be helpful to all! Which 3M did you give your car to?
Old 27th November 2020, 14:59   #754
BHPian

Has anyone had any weird experiences of people inquiring about their new Sonet ?

I had 2 experiences like this for the first time ever and it felt super weird.

1. I was driving from Indore to Mumbai and the police signalled to stop at a checkpost before Nashik, I started to take out the papers and the policeman says he just wants to see the car, and then within a minute I have 4 policemen inquiring about the car, I'm just glad they all were wearing their masks properly.

2. In traffic, a guy in a land rover freelander pulls down his window and literally screamed at me whats the on road price, I took a few seconds to comprehend him, at first I thought maybe I cut him off thats why he is screaming.

In general I do see people looking at the car quite a bit when I park it in a crowded place, I've never experienced this with any other car that we have in the family. Just wanted to know if anyone else is experiencing something similar with their new Sonet. It just seems weird for a normal mass market car to have this sort of hype.
Turbolove is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th November 2020, 15:43   #755
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbolove View Post
Has anyone had any weird experiences of people inquiring about their new Sonet ?

I had 2 experiences like this for the first time ever and it felt super weird.

1. I was driving from Indore to Mumbai and the police signalled to stop at a checkpost before Nashik, I started to take out the papers and the policeman says he just wants to see the car, and then within a minute I have 4 policemen inquiring about the car, I'm just glad they all were wearing their masks properly.

2. In traffic, a guy in a land rover freelander pulls down his window and literally screamed at me whats the on road price, I took a few seconds to comprehend him, at first I thought maybe I cut him off thats why he is screaming.

In general I do see people looking at the car quite a bit when I park it in a crowded place, I've never experienced this with any other car that we have in the family. Just wanted to know if anyone else is experiencing something similar with their new Sonet. It just seems weird for a normal mass market car to have this sort of hype.
Well, I've been in such situations at least 5-6 times in past couple of months. Being the first few sonet owners I was literally harrassed at one of the morning breakfast drive. Where a group of uncle's swooped in to check the interiors. If I stood there quiet they would've taken a test drive as well!

If this is not enough, one fine evening during the grocery run,a chap casually went to the passenger side window and started prepping in. (Holding hands across and trying to look through the window!)

It's nerve wrecking when people get this close during a pandemic.

Well, I've got a lot of attention for the bikes/cars that I've bought in the past. But this has some extra pull for the crowd not really sure why!
bhansali_hardik is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th November 2020, 22:30   #756

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhansali_hardik View Post
Well, congratulations! Also, what are the prices you are shelling out at 3M. Could you share those details as well here, will be helpful to all! Which 3M did you give your car to?
Thanks!!! Sure. I am taking delivery tomorrow from 3M Car Care in JP Nagar, 24th Main. Will post my feedback once I get the delivery.
Old 30th November 2020, 13:24   #757
BHPian

Hello everyone!!

Update:-

First problem with my Sonet. As you can see in the picture and video below, my engine light is on (its actually flashing) and the indicator for DPF filter being clogged is on. I have had the DPF filter clogged warning light on a couple of times, but it would resolve on its own. The engine light flashing is since saturday evening and i spoke to the Kia service center and the earliest appointment they can give me is for Tuesday. Let's hope its not something major.

Kia Sonet : Official Review-20201128_161434-1.jpg

sambhav.jain is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2020, 13:36   #758

Quote:
Thanks!!! Sure. I am taking delivery tomorrow from 3M Car Care in JP Nagar, 24th Main. Will post my feedback once I get the delivery.
I took the delivery of the car on Saturday afternoon. I did the following things with 3M:

1. Black sticker on top (like a dual tone). After that, it looks amazing with gold colour.

2. Partial PPF (for bonnet, bumper corners, below door handles) and full ceramic coat

3. Under chasis coat

All the above costed me 70K and overall it looks very good. I will get one free inspection in 7 days and that time they will see for any issues and replace it for free.
Old 30th November 2020, 14:22   #759
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sambhav.jain View Post
Hello everyone!!

First problem with my Sonet. As you can see in the picture and video below, my engine light is on (its actually flashing) and the indicator for DPF filter being clogged is on. I have had the DPF filter clogged warning light on a couple of times, but it would resolve on its own. The engine light flashing is since saturday evening and i spoke to the Kia service center and the earliest appointment they can give me is for Tuesday. Let's hope its not something major.

Attachment 2087359

https://Youtu.be/hzqdoL4QzO4
Should not be anything big! It's always sad and very tensed moment for you! But hopefully it'll get figured out, make sure you keep the service center on toes and if it does come back they should be accountable to pick it up ASAP next time around!

Quote:
I took the delivery of the car on Saturday afternoon. I did the following things with 3M:

1. Black sticker on top (like a dual tone). After that, it looks amazing with gold colour.

2. Partial PPF (for bonnet, bumper corners, below door handles) and full ceramic coat

3. Under chasis coat

All the above costed me 70K and overall it looks very good. I will get one free inspection in 7 days and that time they will see for any issues and replace it for free.
That's barely any good news for us! We're still hoping for those pictures! 70k does does sound a little steep, but I'm sure it'll pay overtime.

I'm sure it looks good but pictures would just be a better scale for us to judge!
Old 30th November 2020, 14:24   #760
BHPian

Quote:
Hello everyone!!

First problem with my Sonet.
Is the 253 KM ODO reading or Trip reading? If it is ODO, surely seems very less for a DPF warning.
Old 30th November 2020, 14:50   #761
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhansali_hardik View Post
Should not be anything big! It's always sad and very tensed moment for you! But hopefully it'll get figured out, make sure you keep the service center on toes and if it does come back they should be accountable to pick it up ASAP next time around!
Hopefully not. I have read that if the engine light is on continuous you can drive the car to the service center but if its blinking its something serious and one should get the vehicle towed to the service center. The service center guys told me there is no such thing and you can drive the vehicle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SansGT View Post
Is the 253 KM ODO reading or Trip reading? If it is ODO, surely seems very less for a DPF warning.
Its the ODO reading.
Old 1st December 2020, 14:05   #762
Distinguished - BHPian

Sonet becomes best seller the CSUV segment beating the Brezza, Nexon, XUV300, etc. The Sonet sold 11417 units.

https://www.rushlane.com/kia-sonet-s...-12385210.html
CEF_Beasts is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st December 2020, 19:13   #763
naj
BHPian

Hello ,

Insurance saga:
Had initially protested for compelling me to buy insurance from the showroom while booking . The showroom had given an option to match the offer from outside. Updated them with a quote I got from policy.com for Rs 24K and with better specs . They countered with Rs. 27,600 initially and later when pushed are giving same for Rs. 26000. Although a Rs. 2K expensive will now go thro the dealer. The initial offer was for Rs. 36k from the price list and hadn't I not negotiated , would not have saved a good Rs. 10K. Kia has expressly said insurance is customers prerogative and cannot be forced to buy from the showroom

Second issue was the warranty. They were quoting for unlimited 4th year and 5th year warranty for Rs. 19,771. Took the other option for 120K km at Rs.15,817. Some savings there too knowing I will never clock 120K km in 3 to 5 years rendering unlimited km warranty useless.

Delivery : Am still working on it with Kia and the dealer as its close to 10 weeks now . But the SE said its happening end of week with a different color - red instead of the nice blue for which I have given consent.
Thanks-

Last edited by Aditya : 1st December 2020 at 22:11. Reason: Currency unit changed
Old 2nd December 2020, 12:22   #764

Quote:
Hello everyone!!

Attachment 2087359
Hi Sambhav,
You have driven less than 300KM in how many days? And Have you driven on highways or just city driving?
Old 2nd December 2020, 15:30   #765
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidlalla View Post
Hi Sambhav,
You have driven less than 300 KM in how many days? And Have you driven on highways or just city driving?
Almost 1 and half month. I purchased my car on 25th October. A mix of both city and highway. My run from home to the hospital is only of 1.8 kms one way, so its a very short run.

First Service / Engine light error:-

The funny thing is both errors had disappeared the moment i set for the service center (thank god i had video recorded to show them). It was as if the car knew it was going to the service center and like a mischievous kid became obedient fearing the service center.

As i had taken a prior appointment, the car was immediately taken in. The service advisor noted down my problems:-

1. Engine light on.
2. DPF light on.
3. Reverse and 1st gear don't slot in smoothly.
4. Perfume dispenser not working.

First the tyre pressure was checked and air was filled to 35 psi. They told me that's the recommended pressure. As you can see below that's not the case.

Kia Sonet : Official Review-img20201202wa0010.jpg

As they had already filled in the air in the car with warm tyres, i decided i will decrease them later on my own. The technician told me the engine light is on because of the DPF being clogged. They connected the car to their system and then ran the protocols for DPF regeneration. The car ran at 2k rpm for more than 30 mins.

In the meanwhile i was exploring the service center and caught up with my sales advisors (I had two. As the original SA was unwell because of covid during delivery). I got the documents for the extended warranty and at last the all exclusive KIA Delivery Kit. He also wanted to give me chocolates but that was out of stock.

The showroom was much calmer than last time. Only one delivery was planned for the duration i was there. For the perfume dispenser, the technicians could not figure out how it would open and after much deliberation and a video call later managed to open the perfume dispenser. I still can't smell any perfume in the car or know how to dispense it. The service advisor told me the perfume is dispensed slowly so i would smell it after some time (I knew that was crap just din have the time to argue with him). They had taken care of all the problems after 1 and half hour and then the car went in for washing which took around 45 mins. As it was the first service only fluid top ups was done were necessary and bolts were checked if they were tight.

I had reached the service center at 2 pm and left there at 5 pm after all formalities.

The service experience was good only that it took 3 hours to complete. Also the service advisor tried to make me take the lubrication package and rat repellent spray. He told me that the lubrication package is mandatory at 1000 kms and 10,000 kms service. I politely declined. The final bill was ZERO.

PS: Today morning i checked the tyre pressure it was 30 psi in all tyres. This means their system is also not calibrated properly or less than 35 psi was filled in at the time. Just for the record the car had 30 psi on cold start yesterday morning.

Thanks for reading!! Cheers!!

Last edited by BlackPearl : 2nd December 2020 at 17:17. Reason: Minor typo. Thanks.
sambhav.jain is online now   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed