Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2021, 16:32   #1126
BHPian

Re: Kia Sonet : Official Review

Still cannot wrap my head around the fact that my HTX iMT is outdated within the first few months of ownership! I can swap alloys anytime I want, but the major concern that I have now is, can we get the bill hold assist, ESP and other safety functions enabled on our existing cars? It’s a piece of code that will probably enable these modules! Or is there something on the hardware end as well? Like actuators? If it’s just a piece of software, any chance that wet can get it on the existing models?
bhansali_hardik is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2021, 23:16   #1127
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhansali_hardik View Post
... can we get the bill hold assist, ESP and other safety functions enabled on our existing cars? It’s a piece of code that will probably enable these modules! Or is there something on the hardware end as well? Like actuators? If it’s just a piece of software, any chance that wet can get it on the existing models?
Nope, ESP is a hardware change and cannot be retrofitted. Unfortunately the market will keep evolving and sometimes it hurts!

I'm so glad Kia has added ESP to the mid trims though. ESP is proven life saver.
fiat_tarun is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 4th July 2021, 20:17   #1128
BHPian

Question to existing Kia owners : Was anyone able to to negotiate prices for the insurance with the dealer or took insurance online(or elsewhere)?

If it was a discount, how much did they budge?

I think Kia's insurance is too expensive.

Thanks
Old 5th July 2021, 10:55   #1129
BHPian

Ok this is slightly off topic. I was wondering how difficult it is to cancel a booking made for a Sonet with the payment of ₹25k booking amount. Do they accept easily or are they very sticky about cancelling. I’m not talking of full refund, but the SA / TL interaction for cancellations
Old 6th July 2021, 00:11   #1130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeeshaan007 View Post
Question to existing Kia owners : Was anyone able to to negotiate prices for the insurance with the dealer or took insurance online(or elsewhere)?

If it was a discount, how much did they budge?

I think Kia's insurance is too expensive.

Thanks
We recently booked Sonet GTX Plus Diesel AT and the dealers in Delhi were absolutely fine with we getting the insurance from outside. Yes, their insurance prices are indeed expensive and it's always a good practice with car dealers to ask them to either bring down the prices or let you get it from outside. As a consumer, you have all the rights to do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by armumbai View Post
Ok this is slightly off topic. I was wondering how difficult it is to cancel a booking made for a Sonet with the payment of ₹25k booking amount. Do they accept easily or are they very sticky about cancelling. I’m not talking of full refund, but the SA / TL interaction for cancellations
They will try their best to retain your booking but at the end you need to be assertive and demand refund, as applicable. Btw, I didn't really get what you want to say here - "the SA / TL interaction for cancellations".
Col Mehta is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th July 2021, 04:22   #1131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 400notout View Post
Can any Sonet diesel auto owner confirm the real world mileage of the car? From carwale I see the diesel auto is rated at 19kmpl vs 24kmpl of the manual? Is there such a drastic difference?

Also how long is the clutch travel for the diesel manual?

Thanks in advance
I am driving the GTX Diesel Auto from last 6 months. My car's mileage mostly hovers between 11.5kmpl to 13kmpl within city limits.

With the rates of fuel going up daily, it's taking a heavy toll on my pocket (compared to my elite i20) and creating a lot of unnecessary anxiety about the future. Full tank mostly gives between 550 kms to 600 kms with sedate driving.

Last edited by Dinesh_Malhotra : 6th July 2021 at 04:23.
Dinesh_Malhotra is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th July 2021, 09:00   #1132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinesh_Malhotra View Post
I am driving the GTX Diesel Auto from last 6 months. My car's mileage mostly hovers between 11.5kmpl to 13kmpl within city limits.
That sounds excellent. My Ecosport Titanium O in all the 7 years/75k kms ownership never gave better than 9-11 in Mumbai city driving. My run never took me to South Mumbai from Santacruz. So I wasn’t a victim of the notorious bumper2bumper traffic. So I think the cars got a good mileage. Depends on the city you’re in though. The i20 should be much lighter than the Sonet, so your observation stands to reason
armumbai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2021, 09:02   #1133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col Mehta View Post
Btw, I didn't really get what you want to say here - "the SA / TL interaction for cancellations".
Sorry I didn’t post a response in my earlier post. SA-sales assistant; TL- Team Leader at the dealership. I was wondering how persuasive/sticky they get to lose your booking. My pondering is in light of the humongous wait list there is for Kia cars.
Old 6th July 2021, 09:23   #1134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinesh_Malhotra View Post

With the rates of fuel going up daily, it's taking a heavy toll on my pocket (compared to my elite i20) and creating a lot of unnecessary anxiety about the future. Full tank mostly gives between 550 kms to 600 kms with sedate driving.
Thanks Dinesh, really appreciate your response. Those figures are similar to what my city zx delivers in Mumbai traffic. However I have realised I am getting higher fuel efficiency as I cover 40kms under 1.15 hrs at best and 2hrs in the worst situation with the average time being 1.30 hrs. Could you share how much distance you cover daily and in what time approximately? Thanks.
400notout is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th July 2021, 10:14   #1135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by armumbai View Post
Sorry I didn’t post a response in my earlier post. SA-sales assistant; TL- Team Leader at the dealership. I was wondering how persuasive/sticky they get to lose your booking. My pondering is in light of the humongous wait list there is for Kia cars.
Given that these guys have more bookings than they can handle, I don't think they will create much issues there. But yes, they wouldn't want to lose your booking either so be prepared for some rebuttals. You will have to sound firm and have them refund your money.

We had enquired with couples of dealers in the past and no one bothered to follow up, it's only when we chose one of the dealers and contacted them for booking, they responded and insisted that we get it done asap as the bookings are running in months for Sonet.
Col Mehta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2021, 02:34   #1136
BHPian

Quote:
Could you share how much distance you cover daily and in what time approximately? Thanks.
I cover around 30-40 kms daily (to and fro) within a short span of time with a good mix of city and highway driving.

It might be good mileage automatic transmission per se but, the rising fuel prices clubbed with less mileage is really tough to manage nowadays.

We can only wish that these situations change sooner than later.
Dinesh_Malhotra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2021, 16:07   #1137
BHPian

No Traction on this Sonet forum

I am keen to know about BHPian's buyer's experience of Sonet, from June '21 onwards (after the facelift was launched). But, this forum has very less traction and no new updates from new owners. I am wondering if new deliveries haven't happened to BHPians of late or deliveries have been drastically delayed.

If anyone has received face-lifted (May '21) version deliveries, please share your buying experiences, like the booking date, delivery date etc. It would give an idea for the rest of us who are waiting for the deliveries.
K.grg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th July 2021, 17:55   #1138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.grg View Post

I am keen to know about BHPian's buyer's experience of Sonet, from June '21 onwards (after the facelift was launched). But, this forum has very less traction and no new updates from new owners. I am wondering if new deliveries haven't happened to BHPians of late or deliveries have been drastically delayed.

If anyone has received face-lifted (May '21) version deliveries, please share your buying experiences, like the booking date, delivery date etc. It would give an idea for the rest of us who are waiting for the deliveries.
I too had posted a similar question sometime back! Somehow the sales figures & popularity of the Sonet doesn’t kinda sync with this thread.
There are hardly any updates on this thread. It’s been really long since there was any good delivery/ ownership experience shared here.

Like you mentioned, probably the deliveries are terribly slow & BHPians are waiting for their cars to be delivered!
ashvek3141 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2021, 18:28   #1139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.grg View Post

I am eagerly waiting for my delivery. It was supposed to be on first month of May(booked in Jan) . Then lockdown struck here until last week of June. Have been touch with ASM as well and there's still no clarity due to covid production delays and semi conductor issue.

This wait has killed all the joy of owning the vehicle.

Even if i get the car now, I don't think I'll be enthusiastic enough to blog here
Old 11th July 2021, 16:26   #1140
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Can any Sonet diesel auto owner confirm the real world mileage of the car? From carwale I see the diesel auto is rated at 19kmpl vs 24kmpl of the manual? Is there such a drastic difference?

Also how long is the clutch travel for the diesel manual?

Thanks in advance
Main reason for the difference is that AT has variable Geometry Turbo(VGT) which bumps up the power.
giri1.8 is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks