Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2022, 20:31   #1321
BHPian

Re: Kia Sonet : Official Review

I got a mail from my KIA dealership with the quotation. I am not sure if I should make this out as a sign that things are moving at the factory end.

1. The insurance quote received seems pretty high @ 47k. Anyone was able to negotiate on this? I remember getting quotes @ 25k from Paisabazaar.
2. Is it mandatory to take extended warranty upfront or can we take it later on too?

Kia Sonet : Official Review-untitled.png
jasjotbains is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2022, 09:57   #1322
BHPian

After some long deliberations, finally booked the HTX diesel 6AT in Aurora black pearl and thus the long wait begins. The tentative wait period is 25 weeks.
Oomph11 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th January 2022, 11:19   #1323
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasjotbains View Post
The insurance quote received seems pretty high @ 47k. Anyone was able to negotiate on this? I remember getting quotes @ 25k from Paisabazaar.
47k seems to be the same quote offered for GTX in Bangalore too, so that seems to be consistent. While comparing with policybazaar or any other policy, please ensure you have all the add-ons (riders) selected, atleast the ones that you will need. There are not selected by default on most of the online portals. Also, check the cashless garages and if the ones near you are in the list, maybe check with the workshop manager about the companies that have cashless tie-up before taking external insurance too.

Also, you cannot discount the fact that if you take KIA's insurance, then in case of any issues, all you need to do is call your dealership and they will help you with it. If you go with external vendor, they will not get involved.

Finally, you may be able to negotiate with the dealer, mine has agreed to decrease the amount (There was a difference of 3k-4k from the same insurance company that they are offering, along with all the add-ons). By how much, it is yet to be seen as we are still waiting for the actual formalities to start.

Quote:
2. Is it mandatory to take extended warranty upfront or can we take it later on too?
No, it is not mandatory to get EW upfront, you can opt for it later. Check with KIA customer care on till when you will have the option and you will have to pay a slightly higher amount at that time.

Last edited by kvsriki : 8th January 2022 at 11:20.
kvsriki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2022, 14:42   #1324
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oomph11 View Post
After some long deliberations, finally booked the HTX diesel 6AT in Aurora black pearl and thus the long wait begins. The tentative wait period is 25 weeks.
Congratulations! On a side note, good to know the waiting period hasn't increased
Old 8th January 2022, 15:07   #1325
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I got a mail from my KIA dealership with the quotation. I am not sure if I should make this out as a sign that things are moving at the factory end.

1. The insurance quote received seems pretty high @ 47k. Anyone was able to negotiate on this? I remember getting quotes @ 25k from Paisabazaar.

Attachment 2255323
We took the insurance from Kia too as they weren't ready for outside insurance and we needed the car soon. Already took a claim and everything was hassle free. If your dealership agrees take the insurance from outside and save some money. Just make sure outside insurance provider is cashless.

As for extended warranty you can take it from 3 months of car delivery with same amount. From 3 months to an year amount increases by 2k.

Quote:
Congrats!
I have the same one in same color.
Keep in touch with your sales GM and SA regularly and keep pestering them for the delivery. Sometimes cancellations are there so you may get delivery early as well.
Old 8th January 2022, 18:53   #1326
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
We took the insurance from Kia too as they weren't ready for outside insurance and we needed the car soon. Already took a claim and everything was hassle free. If your dealership agrees take the insurance from outside and save some money. Just make sure outside insurance provider is cashless.

As for extended warranty you can take it from 3 months of car delivery with same amount. From 3 months to an year amount increases by 2k.
Thanks. I talked to my dealership today and asked them for the breakup of the insurance. Though I had clearly told him during booking time that I'll need them to match the quotation and he had agreed.

I pinged them today and have been informed I'm 3rd in line and can get delivery by first week of Feb that will be approx 2.5 months of waiting since my Nov booking. Though have asked them to postpone it to last week of Feb due to prior commitments earlier in the month of Feb.

Last edited by jasjotbains : 8th January 2022 at 18:54.
jasjotbains is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2022, 19:51   #1327
BHPian

It has taken me almost 7 hours to update the software in the Sonet.

And after finishing the update it has again started with a fresh update ...... next firmware?

I have done this at home with the engine running. Is there an easier (and faster way of doing it). I checked with the service centre and I was told that they would be doing it in the same way. Just that the car would be lying around with them.

Wonder if they have a 2G SIM installed.
gpagedar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2022, 21:45   #1328
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpagedar View Post
It has taken me almost 7 hours to update the software in the Sonet.

And after finishing the update it has again started with a fresh update ...... next firmware?

I have done this at home with the engine running. Is there an easier (and faster way of doing it). I checked with the service centre and I was told that they would be doing it in the same way. Just that the car would be lying around with them.

Wonder if they have a 2G SIM installed.
By software update, you mean a software update for the infotainment unit, right? Did the infotainment unit gain any new features? Such as wireless Android Auto and wireless Apple CarPlay?
Old 8th January 2022, 21:56   #1329
BHPian

Yes, it is the software update for the infotainment system.

I am yet to check what features have been added or updated. Will update here once I check it out.

Regards,
gpagedar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th January 2022, 22:46   #1330
BHPian

Just saw this article on KIA price hike for 2022, did someone else get confirmation on this from any other source?

Link
Old 8th January 2022, 23:33   #1331
SJN
BHPian

Yes my sales executive told me that prices have indeed increased as given in the article. Surprisingly there is no increase for DCT variants but diesel AT variants are now more expensive by 20k. So the OTR difference is now 1 lakh from earlier 77k in Pune!
SJN is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2022, 10:38   #1332
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations! On a side note, good to know the waiting period hasn't increased
Thank you, yes the official waiting period remains the same but the sales executive has been reassuring me of delivering by march-end or April.
Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Congrats!
I have the same one in same color.
Keep in touch with your sales GM and SA regularly and keep pestering them for the delivery. Sometimes cancellations are there so you may get delivery early as well.
Thank you Sir for your warm wishes. Will do the same, but still have to make peace with this waiting period. Also any tips to maintain the color? The black color was preferred solely because of the character it brings out of the car.
Old 9th January 2022, 12:55   #1333
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpagedar View Post
I am yet to check what features have been added or updated. Will update here once I check it out.
Can you please share the version info screen when you get a chance? I tried updating but it says updating map and that’s taking a lot of time.

Also there’s a “what’s new” menu under “system info”, which lists the changes along with a QR code to the update details webpage.
Old 9th January 2022, 12:55   #1334
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJN View Post
Yes my sales executive told me that prices have indeed increased as given in the article. Surprisingly there is no increase for DCT variants but diesel AT variants are now more expensive by 20k. So the OTR difference is now 1 lakh from earlier 77k in Pune!
I called my SA yesterday and nothing of the sort intimated. Hoping against hope the price doesn't increase.

Quote:
Thank you, yes the official waiting period remains the same but the sales executive has been reassuring me of delivering by march-end or April.
I've been informed of Feb delivery. Waiting time of max 3 months after booking (Nov 21). Check up with them after a week or two.
Old 9th January 2022, 13:39   #1335
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by robincsamuel View Post
Can you please share the version info screen when you get a chance? I tried updating but it says updating map and that’s taking a lot of time.

Also there’s a “what’s new” menu under “system info”, which lists the changes along with a QR code to the update details webpage.
Can you please share the content in the "what's new" section? Also, can you please share the QR code for the changelog? I'm very curious to know what this software update is all about.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks