Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 12th January 2022, 00:04   #1351
BHPian

Re: Kia Sonet : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasjotbains View Post
If i remember correctly, 15 minutes. Make sure you're entering the same mobile number while logging in on the Kia website which you used during booking the Sonet.

Check your account statement to confirm that your payment went through. I would also suggest you check with your Kia SA once. I have a faint memory that they had to do some backend work for my booking. Your SA might have skipped the courtesy follow up call which might be leading to him having no knowledge of your booking, and subsequently, that backend process not being done which is leading to your booking not showing up.
Thanks

will speak with SA to get some clarification as to why booking is not seen on Kia site
Old 12th January 2022, 21:36   #1352
BHPian

A general update. My SA has informed me that I can get the car within 10 days. It would seem sufficient but considering that I will be returning to Chandigarh only on day of delivery, I have a few things to ask here:

1. I have to transfer my 50% NCB from my i10 to the Sonet. Anyone here has had hands-on experience with transfer of insurance NCB? My i10 will be stationed at home afterwards and Sonet will come with me. Currently there seems to be no option of transferring NCB to Godigit (policy offered by Kia)

2. With transfer of NCB, United India Insurance is almost cheaper by 10k. However, prices and IDV differ on policybazaar and UII website. Is it ok to buy from Policy Bazaar? UII is offering the highest IDV on PB of Rs 14.95 lacs.

3. Any other precautions / awareness to keep apart from the PDI checklist on T-Bhp? I'll be vary of any under body protection and stuff that they'll be trying to push.

4. Accessories are Rs 20k. Can we pick and choose which ones we want?
Old 13th January 2022, 15:50   #1353
BHPian

Quote:
3. Any other precautions / awareness to keep apart from the PDI checklist on T-Bhp? I'll be vary of any under body protection and stuff that they'll be trying to push.

4. Accessories are Rs 20k. Can we pick and choose which ones we want?
Congratulations!! For your questions on insurance, there is another thread on this forum that has a lot of information and might be better to post your questions there.

The PDI checklist is pretty comprehensive, but please make sure you have another person, friend or family, with prior experience to help you with this task.

Accessories are optional, you may choose the package they are offering or pick your own, it doesn't necessarily have to be 20k.
kvsriki is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th January 2022, 16:02   #1354
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvsriki View Post
I tried logging in with the same mobile number, but it doesn't show any booking.
I booked the car last January (2021) and got the delivery in April, but it never showed up on this webpage. I checked with the dealership a couple of times to make sure the booking is proper, and they verified in their system (DMS) and confirmed the booking status.

I think the bookings through the dealership doesn’t show up here, maybe it’s only when someone books online.
robincsamuel is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th January 2022, 23:02   #1355
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations!!

Accessories are optional, you may choose the package they are offering or pick your own, it doesn't necessarily have to be 20k.
Thanks! I'm planning on taking my cousin along to cross check any points my excited eyes might miss.

So you mean to say if i want, i don't have to spend a dime out of the 20k mentioned in the quotation under "Accessories"? I'll be taking the mud flaps etc but nothing more i guess.
Old 13th January 2022, 23:19   #1356
BHPian

Quote:
So you mean to say if i want, i don't have to spend a dime out of the 20k mentioned in the quotation under "Accessories"?
No, you may completely reject the so-called Basic Kit or Accessories and opt for only those that you want. I am planning to take just the mudflaps and maybe the floor+Boot mats, but that's when my turn comes
kvsriki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2022, 09:31   #1357
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks! I'm planning on taking my cousin along to cross check any points my excited eyes might miss.

So you mean to say if i want, i don't have to spend a dime out of the 20k mentioned in the quotation under "Accessories"? I'll be taking the mud flaps etc but nothing more i guess.
Quote:
No, you may completely reject the so-called Basic Kit or Accessories and opt for only those that you want. I am planning to take just the mudflaps and maybe the floor+Boot mats, but that's when my turn comes
Before buying mats, check the prices online and also in accessories shops. There are some better VFM options. Basic mat which they are selling doesn't cover the footwell properly.
_chikku is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th January 2022, 12:23   #1358
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
1. I have to transfer my 50% NCB from my i10 to the Sonet. Anyone here has had hands-on experience with transfer of insurance NCB? My i10 will be stationed at home afterwards and Sonet will come with me. Currently there seems to be no option of transferring NCB to Godigit (policy offered by Kia)
Easiest way is call your i10 insurer and tell them you will pay the NCB amount and request a NCB certificate which you can present to the new insurer to get the discount.

I followed this process with Bajaj Allianz (old car) to HDFC Ergo (new car) to transfer my 50% NCB back in 2018.
fiat_tarun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2022, 19:45   #1359
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by _chikku View Post
Before buying mats, check the prices online and also in accessories shops. There are some better VFM options. Basic mat which they are selling doesn't cover the footwell properly.
Thanks. I will just have a go through on Amazon. I hope the 3D mats which they are giving are worth the purchase.

Quote:
I just hope my SA doesnt throw a fit I will only transfer the loan amount then negotiate on these accessories and transfer the final amount. I just checked online and VIN has been allocated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
Easiest way is call your i10 insurer and tell them you will pay the NCB amount and request a NCB certificate which you can present to the new insurer to get the discount.

I followed this process with Bajaj Allianz (old car) to HDFC Ergo (new car) to transfer my 50% NCB back in 2018.
Pay the NCB? Not sure I got you here. My insurance is Hyundai assured by I believe Aditya Birla; will have a word with my insurance agent at Hyundai dealership.

Last edited by jasjotbains : 14th January 2022 at 19:49.
jasjotbains is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2022, 23:55   #1360
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Pay the NCB? Not sure I got you here. My insurance is Hyundai assured by I believe Aditya Birla; will have a word with my insurance agent at Hyundai dealership.
Basically pay the NCB discount that you received the last time you renewed the policy. Once you do that your policy is effectively as good as one with a 0% NCB discount and hence you can ask for the certificate.

There is a dedicated thread on this topic - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buyin...emiums-92.html (ARTICLE: No Claim Bonus - How to save on your insurance premiums!)

Last edited by fiat_tarun : 14th January 2022 at 23:57.
fiat_tarun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2022, 19:09   #1361
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
Basically pay the NCB discount that you received the last time you renewed the policy. Once you do that your policy is effectively as good as one with a 0% NCB discount and hence you can ask for the certificate.
Thanks! I had a word with my soon-to-be-ex dealership and they've informed me the process to get NCB takes anywhere between 1 week to 3 months

My query
1. Can i claim reimbursement of NCB AFTER the policy has been issued?
2. Is there a way I can claim this certificate and pay the residual fee online?
3. Can I transfer the insurance later on to the new purchaser?
4. Can I cancel the insurance and claim refund on pro rata basis?
Old 16th January 2022, 07:22   #1362
BHPian

Quote:
The driver-side floor mat, doesnot cover the left foot-rest area, in case of automatic or imt, and over a period that place gets soiled, and difficult to clean. Check this aspect of the floor-mat before buying.
jkrkrish is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th January 2022, 12:09   #1363
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by _chikku View Post
Basic mat which they are selling doesn't cover the footwell properly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrkrish View Post
The driver-side floor mat, doesnot cover the left foot-rest
I guess you both are telling about the basic and 3D floor mats. I was thinking of opting for the 7D ones, which seem to cover the footwell properly. I checked their prices online (less by upto Rs.1500, not sure about their quality) and at a couple of places near me that sell car accessories (less by Rs.1000, but no warranty). Will keep checking some of the vendors shared on the car accessories thread, but for now inclined to get them from the dealer, as the ones they are providing seems to be of good quality and come with 1 year warranty.

Boot mat will be 3D, and not much difference between dealer price vs aftermarket, the ones from dealer will have 1 year warranty.
kvsriki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2022, 13:09   #1364
BHPian

Quote:
I was thinking of opting for the 7D ones, which seem to cover the footwell properly. I checked their prices online (less by upto Rs.1500, not sure about their quality) and at a couple of places near me that sell car accessories (less by Rs.1000, but no warranty). Will keep checking some of the vendors shared on the car accessories thread, but for now inclined to get them from the dealer, as the ones they are providing seems to be of good quality and come with 1 year warranty.

Boot mat will be 3D, and not much difference between dealer price vs aftermarket, the ones from dealer will have 1 year warranty.
What is the price of 7D mats which you have been able to find? I checked the website but only 3D mats are mentioned. Sorry for the noob question, but is there any remarkable difference between 3D and 7D?
Old 16th January 2022, 14:13   #1365
BHPian

Quote:
What is the price of 7D mats which you have been able to find? I checked the website but only 3D mats are mentioned. Sorry for the noob question, but is there any remarkable difference between 3D and 7D?
7D mats are listed as Dual Layer Mat under the official KIA accessories list (website) for Rs.5149.

Name:  sonetduallayermat.jpg
Views: 1359
Size:  114.6 KB

You will find many vendors on Amazon which sell it as 7D mats, priced at approximately Rs.3500 and more.
kvsriki is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed