Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 18th January 2022, 21:19   #1381
BHPian

Re: Kia Sonet : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Drove 90% in sports mode as in NCR conditions sports mode is useless. What an addictive and fun to drive on highways.
Agreed wholeheartedly. It's the engine and gearbox combo along with nimble footprint of Sonet. Have driven in sports mode on KMP Expressway and surely the car has enough juice to keep up with the bigger guys.

One question though, I see your location as Faridabad and you must have used NH44 to go to Punjab. Being a frequent on this route, there are at least 7 speed guns working till Ambala. Eager to know the stretches where you unleashed the horses in sports mode.
Old 18th January 2022, 22:07   #1382
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headbanger View Post
Agreed wholeheartedly. It's the engine and gearbox combo along with nimble footprint of Sonet. Have driven in sports mode on KMP Expressway and surely the car has enough juice to keep up with the bigger guys.

One question though, I see your location as Faridabad and you must have used NH44 to go to Punjab. Being a frequent on this route, there are at least 7 speed guns working till Ambala. Eager to know the stretches where you unleashed the horses in sports mode.
We went this Saturday and there was complete lockdown in Delhi so while going we took Gurgaon, Jhajjar route and on return we took the Jind, Gurgaon route.

Didn't notice any speed guns or speed cams both time and we didn't get any speed offence messages as well so I guess we didn't encounter any.
harry10 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2022, 22:11   #1383
BHPian

What's the waiting period being quoted for latest bookings? In Pune, I hear they're still saying 5+ months. How about other cities?
Old 18th January 2022, 22:30   #1384
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by morphique View Post
What's the waiting period being quoted for latest bookings? In Pune, I hear they're still saying 5+ months. How about other cities?
Agree with Pune waiting period. For GTX plus DCT booked in December, been told to expect delivery in March. All due to Semiconductor shortage.
Seems manual versions have less waiting period due to less semiconductor in them.
Old 18th January 2022, 23:45   #1385
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by td_kia View Post
My SA provided the booking docket and shared the pdf with the Price Details.
It contains Ex-Showroom, RTO, Insurance, Warranty and Accessory Kit values. Should we negotiate the prices before this Booking Docket generation, or do we still have some room for negotiation before delivery and payment?
My SA quoted ~39.5k for insurance.
I checked with policy bazaar and the insurance along with the riders is more or less equivalent to PB. Do note that the price quoted on PB is without GST at the start.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
This is the FE I got for the entire trip. Could have gotten a bit more if we weren't revving it hard. This is D-AT HTX variant.
That is some seriously good mileage considering ARAI rating of the DAT is nearby 19. How did you manage it?

Quote:
Not sure about Pune but getting mine in slightly more than 2 months. Being a diesel helps though. But usually within 4 months, delivery will happen. This was informed by my SA during test drive
jasjotbains is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2022, 08:56   #1386

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasjotbains View Post
I checked with policy bazaar and the insurance along with the riders is more or less equivalent to PB. Do note that the price quoted on PB is without GST at the start.
Thanks! The showroom guy will definitely have some twists at the time of delivery. I am trying to compare different insurance options available, hopefully, the Showroom guy would not make any face at the time of delivery.
Old 19th January 2022, 10:57   #1387
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That is some seriously good mileage considering ARAI rating of the DAT is nearby 19. How did you manage it?
I always drive it in mode which is according to traffic conditions while maintaining the right rpm.
I use Eco mode only in bumper to bumper traffic. Otherwise it's Normal mode always and on open roads I use Triptonic with paddle shifters. Sports mode like i stated is only for highways and that too if I want to revv it hard. Otherwise Normal mode is also fine on highways. It isn't tough to get 20+ on highways.

This is the FE I got today morning from my Home in Faridabad to my office in Karolbagh. It's also in peak hour of 9.30am to 11am. And by time taken you can see it wasn't driven sedately. Completely driven in Normal mode. In ECO or Triptonic average would have been slightly higher. I wonder what will ARAI say about this
Attached Thumbnails
Kia Sonet : Official Review-20220119_104159.jpg  

Last edited by harry10 : 19th January 2022 at 10:59.
harry10 is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 19th January 2022, 14:12   #1388
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks! The showroom guy will definitely have some twists at the time of delivery. I am trying to compare different insurance options available, hopefully, the Showroom guy would not make any face at the time of delivery.
I am putting MAX IDV in PB. Just make sure all the areas are covered and ask SA to match it. Shouldn't be an issue.
Old 19th January 2022, 23:54   #1389
BHPian

Quote:
Just booked the HTX D AT in Bangalore, waiting period quoted is 24 weeks.
rhsakarp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th January 2022, 12:07   #1390

Quote:
I am putting MAX IDV in PB. Just make sure all the areas are covered and ask SA to match it. Shouldn't be an issue.
Can you or someone list all the components covered in Kia Showroom provided insurance?
Old 20th January 2022, 17:48   #1391

Quote:
Can you or someone list all the components covered in Kia Showroom provided insurance?
KIA Safety Includes :
1. Nil Depreciation (including consumables),
2. Engine & Gear Box Protect,
3. Tyre Cover,
4. Key Loss
5. Loss of Personal Belongings.

KIA SAFETY Advantages
1.Pan India Cashless at all KIA Authorised Workshops
2.No Salvage Deduction
3.Maximum TAT for Survey is 04 hours
4.Claims settlement through Video Streaming
5.Hassle Free Claims Settlement

EXCLUSIVE BENEFITS
1.Standard Pricing for all Program Insurers
2.Rodent Bite Cover part of the policy at No Extra Premium
3.Unlimited Nil Dep Claims Covered
4.No Pre-inspection Charges
5.Dedicated Toll Free Number exclusively for Kia Car Owners
& Dealers 1800 2666 9666 & email id Support@kiasafety.com

•Key Loss Cover for Sum Insured of INR 50,000 per claim
•Personal Belonging for Sum Insured of INR 100,000 per claim
Available at additional cost.

As communicated by the dealer.
(This was communicated at the time of my purchase in January 2021)
chandan.10 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 21st January 2022, 11:26   #1392
BHPian

With waiting of 4+ months for Sonet and Seltos wonder how will Kia be handling production of Carens. Won't the semiconductor shortage affect this new product.

I know I am being selfish, but would have loved it if they deliver already booked cars and then focus on new products.
Old 21st January 2022, 18:08   #1393
SJN
BHPian

Yes Kia needs to seriously do something to get things in line to reduce the waiting period. People are getting fed up with the waiting period and looking at other options.
Old 21st January 2022, 22:54   #1394
BHPian

Sonet Diesel owners - can you please share your running-in procedure? A driver with 10 lac+ kms has advised me to go full throttle from the onset. Would appreciate your feedback
Old 23rd January 2022, 22:48   #1395
BHPian

Diesel AT owners - Could someone please confirm if the Sports mode makes the steering heavy? Asking since in Seltos the steering does become heavy when you turn on Sports mode.
morphique is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed