Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2020, 12:43   #466
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Kia Sonet : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGearBox View Post
Is the digital instrument cluster standard across variants of the Sonet?
Yes, it is the same cluster, but lower variants HTE, HTK and HTK+ get Mono 4.5 Inch Multi Information display while Higher Variants get a Colour MID display.
Behemoth is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th October 2020, 13:51   #467
BHPian

Malpractice by Shreenath Kia, Malad, Mumbai

Visited Shreenath Kia, Malad, Mumbai showroom today and was shocked at their malpractice and arrogance (sales have gone to their heads):-
  1. Sales guy :- with utmost assertion, you cannot buy insurance from outside it's Shreenath Motors policy! what about IRDA guideline?
  2. Sales guy :- You can only pay 1 Lac by credit card, rest has to be by NEFT, its our policy! What about RBI policy?
  3. Request from me, my wife & kids cannot travel, can you send a test car
    to our residence which is < 10Kms distance from the showroom. Sales guy :- Sorry but we can't send car this far, we are running very busy (there was no customer in the showroom when I visited, busy my foot! I was never denied this by any dealer in last 20 years!

Overall utterly disappointed and appalled by with experience at Shreenath & in turn with Kia Motors.

Last edited by Aditya : 7th October 2020 at 15:46. Reason: More appropriate term used
k_gpatel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2020, 15:34   #468
BHPian

Re: Malpractice by Shreenath Kia, Malad, Mumbai

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_gpatel View Post
Visited Shreenath Kia, Malad, Mumbai showroom today and was shocked at their malpractice and arrogance (sales have gone to their heads):-

...with experience at Shreenath & in turn with Kia Motors.
Well, only expect their arrogance to go up with the sales figures. Please go ahead and lodge a complaint through kia's website or twitter handle : @kiacareindia all the dealers are almost goons working under kia. Not sure if kia knows these issues or letting them slip by or actually a part of the scheme. I had a dealer drop interest in my booking when I told him I don't want insurance and loan from your so called inhouse expert service. He never got back! So, yeah razor thin margins or boom in demand or both are playing in.
bhansali_hardik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2020, 16:54   #469
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedshift View Post
Has anyone seen a HTK Plus Diesel Automatic till now?
Yes I saw it yesterday and tried it on a slope at the Dealer. For some reasons, Kia has not provided Hill Assist and other sensor type safety features on this D/AT. However, I was pleased to find that the car did not roll back (in D mode) on the slope (about 20-30 degs). Torque Converter is indeed "the auto" for mountains.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 9th October 2020 at 19:13. Reason: Fixed quotes.
TS Rawat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th October 2020, 12:41   #470
BHPian

I am looking for a worthy Petrol automatic, preferably a CSUV after owning Polo manual for more than 7 years. I was eying on Sonet but looks like the cramped interiors are putting many people off. Is it really that cramped as Polo?
Old 8th October 2020, 13:06   #471
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambersariya87 View Post
I am looking for a worthy Petrol automatic, preferably a CSUV after owning Polo manual for more than 7 years. I was eying on Sonet but looks like the cramped interiors are putting many people off. Is it really that cramped as Polo?
During my TD, the space at the back felt adequate (am comparing with my Vento which is marginally bigger than the Polo in the back). In fact since there is no protuding transmission tunnel and the seating is higher, you should be more comfortable in the Sonet IMHO.

Last edited by Aditya : 8th October 2020 at 21:25. Reason: Seltos - Sonet
Old 8th October 2020, 15:07   #472
BHPian

Quote:
The space at the back is definitely better then the Polo. I am a 6 footer & I definitely cannot seat at the back with driving seat set to my position. Heck, I cannot even enter properly in the rear space. However, I can do that in the Sonet, even though my knee just about brush the front seat back. I also have a relatively laid back driving position.
It is definitely roomier then the Polo, no doubts about that. Even the overall seating position is better in the Sonet compared to the Polo.

Last edited by ashvek3141 : 8th October 2020 at 15:09.
ashvek3141 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th October 2020, 20:11   #473
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Things like seating/ passenger space are so important and personal, these are best checked by yourself (and family, who you intend to seat at the rear, if its rear seat).

Being a little less than 5"9, I was very comfortable in the rear seat after the driver's seat was set to my ideal driving position. But many others have said rear seat space isn't sufficient.

Do check it out yourself, if you could.
k_ajay is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th October 2020, 20:35   #474
BHPian

Quote:
I don’t think people are complaining that much about the rear space. For a CSUV, the space management is fine. For 2 people and a kid it’s good. For that matter it is the case with all these CSUVs. Compared to a Polo, it’s quite spacious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
Things like seating/ passenger space are so important and personal, these are best checked by yourself (and family, who you intend to seat at the rear, if its rear seat).
Very true. People are at times pleasantly surprised when they travel in a car which they have Dropped from their consideration list, thinking the space is not sufficient.
greendream is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th October 2020, 21:05   #475
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
Couldn’t agree more on this! I myself test drove the car 3 times, all 3 variants (DCT, iMT & Diesel MT)
Took my family along today to experience the car in totality. I am the only one who’s a 6 footer in the family. Everyone else is under 5’10”. Hence, even with my laid back driving position everyone else who chose to sit in the rear seat where pretty comfortable. Also, I will be sitting in either of the front two seats 99% of the time, hence the question of me sitting behind my driving position is ruled out. I also had a decent leg room when the front seat was set to 5’10” driving position.
Having said that, I did find the under thigh support to be lacking for my height. But than, it’s just me, no one else complained.

For our requirements, with regards to seating comfort the Sonet ticks all the boxes. It’s always a different perspective when you go to see the car alone & the one with your family.

Hence, I would suggest to please do a thorough check of your requirements & finalize accordingly. Don’t shy away from test driving it 2-3 times if you feel so, because at the end of the day, it’s you who’ll be paying that big money.

Last edited by ashvek3141 : 8th October 2020 at 21:09.
ashvek3141 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th October 2020, 22:39   #476
Senior - BHPian

I checked out the Kia Sonet yesterday. I am 6' tall and like to keep the driver seat as far away from the steering as possible. My Punto is literally left with no space behind my seat.

When I adjusted the driver seat as per my convenience, my knees barely touched the seat back when I sat behind. This did not happen in Vitara Brezza.

The dashboard of Sonet is high and bigger than Venue. The car is feature loaded and HTX variant is the maximum one should go for in my personal opinion. The price of Sonet HTX+ goes in Seltos HTK+ territory and it seems sensible to go for Seltos HTK+ over a Sonet HTX+ anyday. This is strictly my personal opinion based on experiencing both the cars back to back.

Last edited by PaddleShifter : 8th October 2020 at 22:46. Reason: Punctuation and text rephrasing
PaddleShifter is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 9th October 2020, 08:44   #477
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaddleShifter View Post
The dashboard of Sonet is high and bigger than Venue. The car is feature loaded and HTX variant is the maximum one should go for in my personal opinion. The price of Sonet HTX+ goes in Seltos HTK+ territory and it seems sensible to go for Seltos HTK+ over a Sonet HTX+ anyday. This is strictly my personal opinion based on experiencing both the cars back to back.
Unfortunately, the top brass at Kia has taken the decision not to offer the diesel automatic in the HTX version, and only in the HTK and GTX+ versions. Therefore, any customer looking for a feature loaded variant in this diesel auto trim has to perforce consider the top end expensive version. However, I do expect that at some point, the diesel auto might be offered in the HTX trims due to customer demand for the same. Though the HTK+ has most of the essentials covered, the feel good factor is definitely missing from that variant which for me is important especially if I am spending more than 10 lakh big ones!

Last edited by arindambasu13 : 9th October 2020 at 08:48.
arindambasu13 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th October 2020, 16:15   #478
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
Yes, it is the same cluster, but lower variants HTE, HTK and HTK+ get Mono 4.5 Inch Multi Information display while Higher Variants get a Colour MID display.
Ah HTX as well! Htx+ and GTX+ are the only 2 variants which get color MID
bhansali_hardik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2020, 16:53   #479
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhansali_hardik View Post
Ah HTX as well! Htx+ and GTX+ are the only 2 variants which get color MID
Thanks for the correction.. I was confused about the HTX.
The HTX variant though is good value for money and at 9.99 lacs for the IMT as well as 1.5D Manual variants, should find a lot of buyers. Are you finally going ahead with your booking - would be great to see some ownership threads of the Sonet on TBHP.
Any other TBHP members who have taken delivery of their Sonet yet?
Old 9th October 2020, 17:15   #480
Senior - BHPian

Saw one Sonet parked on road today. It's got handsome looks. It's clearly smaller than Brezza, but if I were to shop in that segment I would ignore size difference (not much actually).

It looks fresh from oven, bigger than Venue (design/ visual issue, not dimensions) & makes EcoSport looks dated (despite Ford small SUV having ageless looks IMO). Tata's Nexon is positively different to my eyes. Yet the Venue scores above all to me.
CARDEEP is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks