Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th October 2020, 21:29   #511

re: Kia Sonet : Official Review

Got the 1st free service done at JSP Kia Marathahalli @980kms ODO. Called up JSP in the morning and got an appointment for the same day. First free service included:
  1. Air Filter Cleaning
  2. AC filter Cleaning
  3. Interior vacuum cleaning
  4. Body wash
  5. Underbody checkup [this was not done as JSP Marathahalli has only the mobile service van and no ramp, they said a full-fledged service center is going up in 2-3 months]

I found the ABS to be a little bit aggressive. The brakes would vibrate sometimes on bad roads for gentle breaking. The SA told me that it was common for KIA cars and Seltos owners also faced the same and complained a lot. He told that on bad roads ABS also kicks in if one of the tyres are about to lose contact due to undulations. He demonstrated the same on the Test car, and told me not to worry.

I am yet to get the owner’s manual/service booklet. JSP told me it will take another couple of weeks as they are waiting for the same from KIA. However, the service invoice of Zero INR was promptly uploaded in Kia Link India App (not the OVO app)
Kia Sonet : Official Review-6.jpg

Few clicks form service day visit:

A Gravity Grey GTX+ Sonet getting cleaned for delivery.
Kia Sonet : Official Review-2.jpg

Sonet waiting up on cleaning ahead of its Big Bro.
Kia Sonet : Official Review-1.jpg

As my luck would have it. It rained again just after I took it out of showroom. All drenched in rain after a nice wash
Kia Sonet : Official Review-3.jpg
Kia Sonet : Official Review-4.jpg

Factory fitted tyres for anyone who was wondering. MRF Wanderer Street
Kia Sonet : Official Review-5.jpg

Few pages of Kia Sonet Detailed Brochure at Showroom: (Sorry if details are blurry, I was in a hurry and couldn’t take pics of all the pages. Will try to take better pics on my next visit for MUD Flaps)

1.2L NA Petrol Power Curve
Kia Sonet : Official Review-.jpg

1.0L GDI Petrol Power Curve
Kia Sonet : Official Review-b.jpg

1.5L VGT DAT Power Curve
Kia Sonet : Official Review-c.jpg

Suspension Characteristics
Kia Sonet : Official Review-e.jpg

Drive Modes
Kia Sonet : Official Review-d.jpg

Body Structure
Kia Sonet : Official Review-f.jpg
Saitama is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 13th October 2020, 23:07   #512
Senior - BHPian

Kia motors dispatched its 50th consignment (rake) of SUVs by rail today. This is also the 5th rake despatched in this month. Some pics of Sonets:

Kia Sonet : Official Review-eknd14cuyaatrbf.jpg

Kia Sonet : Official Review-ekndprsucaaunpa.jpg

Kia Sonet : Official Review-ekndkiivoaamqt6.jpg

Source

You can also see a video of Sonets being loaded into train here.
AkMar is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 14th October 2020, 00:57   #513
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saitama View Post
However, the service invoice of Zero INR was promptly uploaded in Kia Link India App (not the OVO app)
Thanks for sharing the initial experience. I am sure you're enjoying your ride.
Is this App available in Play store? How is it different from UVO app?
Old 14th October 2020, 09:06   #514

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKB999 View Post
Thanks for sharing the initial experience. I am sure you're enjoying your ride.
Is this App available in Play store? How is it different from UVO app?
Yeah, car is a hoot to drive.

Kia Link App is available in Google Play Store, IOS I'm not sure.
Kia Sonet : Official Review-screenshot_20201014085821.jpg

As per SA This app can connect to the diagnostic module connected to the fuse box area over bluetooth and doesn't need internet. This module has not come from Kia yet for Sonet so couldn't check it. It gives real-time readings of vehicle data. This app also tracks your service history.
Saitama is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th October 2020, 09:43   #515

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhansali_hardik View Post
I've heard from many in Bangalore that the dealers are apparently not letting people take insurance from outside! But if you do, for the same add ons you'll save close to 7-8k.
As mentioned here, there are absolutely no accessories in stock! So, that 20k is out of the question. It's filled with chrome bits and other not so important accessories. You should certainly not buy that as a kit. Rather choose the ones you want.

I did the same thing, bought additional warranty for 1,20,000 km /5years. Paid 15,817/- for it.
The extended warranty price that you have mentioned seems to be lesser than that quoted in the price list of KIA. Could you share how you got the price down?
Old 14th October 2020, 10:26   #516
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avaneeshvyas View Post
The extended warranty price that you have mentioned seems to be lesser than that quoted in the price list of KIA. Could you share how you got the price down?
No, I did nothing to bring the price down it's what it's!
The price quoted on the website + 18% Gst.
Attached Thumbnails
Kia Sonet : Official Review-img20201005wa0005.jpg  

bhansali_hardik is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th October 2020, 10:58   #517
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saitama View Post

As per SA This app can connect to the diagnostic module connected to the fuse box area over bluetooth and doesn't need internet. This module has not come from Kia yet for Sonet so couldn't check it. It gives real-time readings of vehicle data. This app also tracks your service history.
This seems interesting. Wasn't aware about it at all! Can you share some more details on this module?
Old 14th October 2020, 11:04   #518
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avaneeshvyas View Post
I think the price list shared by dealerships have the 5 years and unlimited KM warranty options. He has opted for the 120K KM, one reason for the reduced price
7000plusrpm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th October 2020, 19:41   #519
Senior - BHPian

Korean cousins comparison

Venkatesh is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 14th October 2020, 21:21   #520

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhansali_hardik View Post
This seems interesting. Wasn't aware about it at all! Can you share some more details on this module?
Yeah, even I was unaware of this utill the SA asked me to download and login to KIA Link India App.

More details can be found in the APP help section. Some ready reference images below:
Kia Sonet : Official Review-kia-link.jpg

Kia Sonet : Official Review-kia-link-driving-info.jpg

Kia Sonet : Official Review-kia-link-driving-dashboard.jpg

Kia Sonet Owners Manual PDF File size of the PDF is 167MB so couldnt upload directly.
Saitama is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th October 2020, 12:24   #521
BHPian

Hi guys, my brother is fixated on the Sonet GT line. However he is confused between the GT Petrol 7 Speed DCT and the GT Diesel AT. We have already test driven the Petrol DCT and he has liked it. However he is of the opinion that the diesel AT has better performance. Can anyone suggest which is better in terms of performance? Since both of them are at similar price points we are confused. Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks!
Old 15th October 2020, 12:34   #522
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manubg92 View Post
Hi guys, my brother is fixated on the Sonet GT line. However he is confused between the GT Petrol 7 Speed DCT and the GT Diesel AT. We have already test driven the Petrol DCT and he has liked it. However he is of the opinion that the diesel AT has better performance. Can anyone suggest which is better in terms of performance? Since both of them are at similar price points we are confused. Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks!
From my personal short test drives, the diesel version definitely has better punch and driveability. Not to mention that the fuel efficiency is bound to be better on the diesel. Given that they are priced the same, the diesel AT should be a no brainer. Further, the TC gearbox on the diesel should fare better in our demanding road conditions than the DCT gearbox on the petrol. If I were in his place, the diesel AT will be my clear choice. Please drive both versions, I think he would be pleasantly surprised at the refinement and power of the diesel AT.

Last edited by arindambasu13 : 15th October 2020 at 13:00.
arindambasu13 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th October 2020, 12:35   #523
BHPian

Booked a Sonet HTX+ and going to make the full payment in the noon. Delivery expected on Saturday.

Booking was quite eventful. Taapasi motors being the neArest dealer, I initially walked in for a test drive after I was told doorstep test-drive is not available. I test-drove a Venue, they came to my house and dropped me back, I did not like Venue because looks like they are following the Maruti way in terms of interior plastic quality.
Was happy with Sonet but the sales guy never bothered to call me back. I waited for 2 days for a sales pitch from them.
After 2 days I made an online payment of 25K and called the sales guy to tell him I booked the car and need a receipt (wanted to give him a sweet surprise, but he didnt seem bothered). He was good to provide receipt through whatsapp. Few weeks passed and I never heard from them so I called the sales guy day on Monday to just have a casual chat. Bloke told me he was in training and would call me back. Still waiting for that call back.
So I waited till Tuesday and obviously I was a little disappointed and wanted to give them a little nudge so they don't take me for granted. I called up the reception and told them I want to cancel the booking. Lady asked no question and asked me to drop an email. I asked why can't I do it on call since I am already talking to them. She said they would atleast need verification, fair enough, I asked the TL phone number and gave him a call. Same, no question asked, no effort made to retain me. He just asked me to send an email to the email address he provided.
By this time I decided I will not go with this dealer (So they lost a customer in just 2 calls, about 15 minutes) If they asked me 1 question "Why are you canceling the booking sir?" They could retain me.So I sent an email right after the call ended.

Started calling multiple dealers all around bangalore, all of them promised a callback after 5 minutes. It's a pity why they commit to 5 minutes when they gonna call back after 2 hours, why not just say that they would call back after 2 hours, I would be fine with that.

Anyways, after an hour or so happened to get connected to this sales guy from VST who was the first one to call me back from so many dealers I called.

He mentioned there is an HTX+ variant immediately available. Again, I booked the car and he shared receipt on whatsapp. Wednesday was all about questions and answers about the car. Today morning he shared the car's pic. Although I wanted to inspect the car before making full payment but that doesn't seem feasible since their stockyard is far away it seems.

I am opting out of the accessory kits that costs 20K because it's nothing much but all Chrome additions. I would want a floor mat and mudflap but the ones Kia is providing looks basic for the price, so decided to go with after market ones.
Insurance, going with KIA just for the hasslefree-ness. Quick check on policy bazaar tells me same insurance is available for 35K but the Sales guy warned me about the loopholes and terms and conditions.. fine, I'll pay the 15K extra and go with KIA just for the peace of mind.
Extended warranty is also optional, but I better be safe than sorry. buying that too.

Any pointers, suggestions from fellow members? regarding Accessories, Insurance etc. Appreciated.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf SONET Accessories Price LIst.pdf (181.4 KB, 5141 views)

Last edited by Googleman : 15th October 2020 at 12:36.
Googleman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2020, 12:53   #524
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
From my personal short test drives, the diesel version definitely has better punch and driveability. Not to mention that the fuel efficiency is bound to be better on the diesel. Given that they are priced the same, the diesel AT should be a no brainer. Further, the TC gearbox on the diesel should fare better in our demanding road conditions that the DCT on the petrol. If I were in his place, the diesel AT will be my clear choice. Please drive both versions, I think he would be pleasantly surprised at the refinement and power of the diesel AT.
Thanks, we are planning to get a back to back TD of both the DCT and the AT which should help us in finalizing. And yes the TC is way reliable and suited for our roads. Thanks for your suggestion.
Old 15th October 2020, 13:11   #525
BHPian

Mod note: Please avoid quoting entire large post for short replies. Affects readability. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Googleman View Post
Booked a Sonet HTX+ and going to make the full payment in the noon. Delivery expected on Saturday.
================
Any pointers, suggestions from fellow members? regarding Accessories, Insurance etc. Appreciated.
I'm surprised by the way you were treated at the first dealer. I walked in to Advaith Kia (JC Road) and asked for a TD (I had booked a slot on the KIA website for a TD). However the executive didn't have any records of me booking the TD and even I hadn't got any confirmation SMS/E-mail. However they did provide me a iMT TD whereas I had booked for a DCT one. They asked me to wait for 30 min and arranged a DCT TD as well. The experience was good given the crowd at the dealership.

Even we would go take insurance from the dealership to make it a smooth process, also a lot of the dealers are not ready to let customers by insurance from outside. Maybe if we push them enough they will but I think its too much of a hassle and don't know if it will affect us during the claims.

The accessories seems to be a little overpriced and I think we will get a better deal/product outside.

Hopefully you will have better experience at this dealership. Congrats on your car!

Last edited by Jaggu : 15th October 2020 at 13:29.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks