Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th December 2020, 13:38   #886
ADH

Re: Kia Sonet : Official Review

Can you post a pic of the charger and share the Price please ? Is it a Charging plate similar to the one which comes pre-fitted in higher variants ?
Old 18th December 2020, 15:23   #887
BHPian

Just changed the booking from HTK+ 1.2 5MT to HTX 1.0 iMT!

Finally at peace.
DeathPig is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th December 2020, 16:29   #888

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbolove View Post
I have the same variant and have noticed this noise at higher speeds too. To be honest I presumed it to be wind noise since it only comes at higher speeds and sounds like its coming from the ORVM.
Seems to be wind noise to me too and its in the ORVM area. I find the noise annoying and I seem to hear it even with reasonably loud music being played. Do you know what can be done in order to fix it?
Old 18th December 2020, 18:46   #889
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADH View Post
Can you post a pic of the charger and share the Price please ? Is it a Charging plate similar to the one which comes pre-fitted in higher variants ?
Perfectly fits in that limited space. I copped this for 999 during Amazon Diwali sale :P
Attached Thumbnails
Kia Sonet : Official Review-04a2c4372d6b4c78b5ff5f45e1b2610f.jpeg  

Old 18th December 2020, 21:27   #890
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merc4Life View Post
Seems to be wind noise to me too and its in the ORVM area. I find the noise annoying and I seem to hear it even with reasonably loud music being played. Do you know what can be done in order to fix it?
The noise isn't audible below 80-100 for me so never really looked at it as a problem that needed solving.
Old 18th December 2020, 22:10   #891
BHPian

Some have been asking about waiting period for Kia Sonet.

Below is information form a Bengaluru based dealership. The picture quality might be poor. Sharing it as received. Hopefully helps prospective buyers.

Kia Sonet : Official Review-6c2491e6cec844b393c84762fb58d148.jpeg
Old 18th December 2020, 22:48   #892
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCar View Post
Some have been asking about waiting period for Kia Sonet.

Below is information form a Bengaluru based dealership. The picture quality might be poor. Sharing it as received. Hopefully helps prospective buyers.

Attachment 2094567
Where is this information available? Can you share the link, where someone can go and check the latest waiting period. I made a booking on 8th December(Bangalore) for GTX+ Diesel MT. I explicitly told I want a 2021 VIN on my vehicle. Going by this screenshot my delivery will be around May-June.
Old 19th December 2020, 07:59   #893
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mainali View Post
Where is this information available? Can you share the link, where someone can go and check the latest waiting period. I made a booking on 8th December(Bangalore) for GTX+ Diesel MT. I explicitly told I want a 2021 VIN on my vehicle. Going by this screenshot my delivery will be around May-June.
The same information was shown to me by the SA on his phone. We were going for the HTK+ then, and it showed 7-8 weeks then (Nov 20th).

However, two things have happened since then. There are varying versions of this same document floating around on the various KIA Sonet owners/booking groups on Facebook. While the quality of discussion in these groups is nil, it gives a much better vibe as to what the larger percent of the car's bookers/owners are going through. In those documents, the waiting time is much higher to what the SR showed me.

Also, I had asked for an update on the availability of my car this Monday. This was before my upgrade to HTX, so the older waiting period should have been applicable - the amount of time I waited. But I got a mail saying my revised waiting period is 10-12 weeks from the time of the mail they sent.

I'm pretty sure I won't see my car until it's March/April. They're also closing the factory for a few days for Christmas apparently. KIA have dropped the ball on delivery... there's also allegations they're pushing all deliveries to 2021 so as to take advantage of the increased car price.
Old 20th December 2020, 03:12   #894
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathPig View Post
The same information was shown to me by the SA on his phone. We were going for the HTK+ then, and it showed 7-8 weeks then (Nov 20th).

However, two things have happened since then. There are varying versions of this same document floating around on the various KIA Sonet owners/booking groups on Facebook. While the quality of discussion in these groups is nil, it gives a much better vibe as to what the larger percent of the car's bookers/owners are going through. In those documents, the waiting time is much higher to what the SR showed me.

Also, I had asked for an update on the availability of my car this Monday. This was before my upgrade to HTX, so the older waiting period should have been applicable - the amount of time I waited. But I got a mail saying my revised waiting period is 10-12 weeks from the time of the mail they sent.

I'm pretty sure I won't see my car until it's March/April. They're also closing the factory for a few days for Christmas apparently. KIA have dropped the ball on delivery... there's also allegations they're pushing all deliveries to 2021 so as to take advantage of the increased car price.
I think you are correct here, I received an email today from Naara Kia, Bangalore.

<email quote>
"Greetings from NAARA KIA!!

Thank you for booking KIA SONET with us.

We would like to inform you that we are committed towards delivering your dream Car at the earliest. However, the delivery of your car may take longer than expected.

The revised tentative waiting period for your booking is around 11-12 weeks."
</email quote>

This seems to be in-line with your experience, even though I didn't change my booking or did anything to disrubt the original commitment against my booking.
Old 20th December 2020, 09:28   #895
BHPian

Quote:
I think you are correct here, I received an email today from Naara Kia, Bangalore.

<email quote>

We would like to inform you that we are committed towards delivering your dream Car at the earliest. However, the delivery of your car may take longer than expected.

</email quote>

This seems to be in-line with your experience, even though I didn't change my booking or did anything to disrubt the original commitment against my booking.
I've also seen people getting cars quite quickly, especially the GT Line trims, so you might be in luck. I believe there's a surplus of these cars that Kia is pushing out, due to these costing the most. Losing out on an HTE customer at the current demand level is nothing, but losing a few GT Line customers to rivals will be bad for business. I've seen posts by people who got their new GT Lines in 2-3 weeks (in November). So you might get yours early/mid January if fates play to your favor.

I still can't believe Kia underestimated their demand to such an extent. The only reason I am not changing my decision is because we fell in love with the vehicle. This was the one car that clicked for both myself and my wife after looking at EcoSport, Venue, XUV 300 and the ilk.
Old 21st December 2020, 09:37   #896
PKH
BHPian

It’s a myth that the higher spec cars are available faster as I booked the GTX+ AT 6Speed Dual Colour White and Black which is the most expensive of them all on 11 August and I am still awaiting delivery. After raising complaints to Kia on waiting period they send a mail to me on 14th December stating my revised waiting period is 7 to 8 Weeks. My SA told me that they don’t expect any deliveries in December.

Would have got an earlier delivery if I was not adamant about colour they did call me multiple times that a different colour was available. But since I am going to pay over 15 Lakhs did not want to compromise and later regret.

Now I am seriously considering changing my decision to a Nissan Kicks 1.3 Turbo just 80K more and I do get a bigger car and felt better back seat comfort than Sonet.

But I need a smaller car for city drivability and ease of parking so still hanging on to the Kia booking and looking at what the price increase would be.
PKH is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2020, 13:36   #897
BHPian

Quote:

<email quote>

</email quote>

I received a similar email, but I just contacted my SA he again confirmed that the new waiting period is for Dec'20 bookings whereas for me, he confirmed that I would get it by Jan'21 end with the 2021 model. He said on 4th of Jan he would get a list of cars which would be allotted on FIFO basis.
Old 21st December 2020, 14:33   #898
BHPian

Came across this post on Facebook. Though it is inline with all companies hiking prices, the word substantial increase looks worrisome.

Kia Sonet : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20201219-17.18.39.jpeg
Old 21st December 2020, 15:48   #899
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SansGT View Post
Came across this post on Facebook. Though it is inline with all companies hiking prices, the word substantial increase looks worrisome.

Attachment 2095273
This looks like they cut production to make sure the deliveries will happen at a higher price. I can't blame them, they're operating without competition as far as the diesel automatic option is concerned. There is no competition in the near or distant future, it'll sell whatever they price it at.

I called the SA today asking about the waiting period, he didn't get back. The sales experience is terrible, but I guess that's how it is when you buy a popular car.
avira_tk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st December 2020, 16:15   #900
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avira_tk View Post
I called the SA today asking about the waiting period, he didn't get back. The sales experience is terrible, but I guess that's how it is when you buy a popular car.
Amen to that. And I think they're swamped by calls on delays as well. The first response from my SA when I told him I'm going to upgrade from HTK+ to HTX was "Ok sir, then revised waiting time so it will be delayed." It was only after that he told me that the price would increase, and that he'd update the booking once I sent in a mail with the reference ID.

But I believe this is a pattern in most, if not all, KIA showrooms now.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks