Search this Thread
Old 28th May 2021, 01:02   #1081
BHPian

Re: Kia Sonet : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKB999 View Post

Added a silver shoulder line.
Attachment 2159966
The rear wheel gap to the wheel arch looked wonky. When I opened the photo on a separate tab, I realized you had passengers inside during your photoshoot.

On a separate note, I just realized that you have picked the perfect place for the TeamBHP sticker at the front. I'm going to add one soon, thanks!

I own a black GTX+, and I think the black looks the best on Sonet. It masks the curves well. Congratulations are in order for the car, wish you many happy miles with it.
7000plusrpm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2021, 01:19   #1082
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7000plusrpm View Post
The rear wheel gap to the wheel arch looked wonky. When I opened the photo on a separate tab, I realized you had passengers inside during your photoshoot.
Thank you for the wishes!

I just noted that only when you pointed out! I guess its the angle that I took the photo, because I have never noted such a difference in real. And the load was on the other side so even if it happens, logically it should have happened on the other side, isn't it? Anyway, I will check this in a couple of days and update it here.
Old 30th May 2021, 08:45   #1083
BHPian

I too have noticed, the horn pads are difficult to reach with thump, when you are driving a Kia Sonet. You don't want to take away the entire hand from steering wheel to press the horn. It is let down in the design.

Among the accessories, one let down is the head rest. It is not suitable for both the front or back seats. Rather, it pushes your head uncomfortably forward.
jkrkrish is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th June 2021, 09:49   #1084
Senior - BHPian

Sonet outsells Nexon, Venue and Brezza. With dispatches of 6,627 units, Kia Sonet emerged as the best-selling Compact SUV for May 2021

Kia Sonet : Official Review-20210605_093828.jpg

Source
Venkatesh is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2021, 10:29   #1085
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Sonet outsells Nexon, Venue and Brezza...
Gievn the pandemic and lockdown conditions prevailing, May 2021 is not exactly a good month to compare dispatch numbers between companies or competing models.

Some like Maruti had even diverted their stock of oxygen for medical use. There were supply disruptions and even shutdowns at factories due to Covid-19.

We need to wait for perhaps July-Sep when the unlock has been effected everywhere, to compare dispatch numbers.
Rigid Rotor is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th June 2021, 05:25   #1086
BHPian

Today, as I started my Sonet I saw the ABS warning light stay. I decided to go ahead with my drive (had to pick up someone) since normal breaking would be operational. After a km of so, the EPS (Power Steering) warning light turned on and the steering has become way too heavy. I was skeptical to drive further and has asked for RSA.

It was taken to the nearest Service Center and they’ve diagnosed rat bites on the ABS sensor. The SA told me they can only repair it since they don’t have the part available and it’d take 15 days for it to arrive. Charged me 2300 (wiring + rodent repellent )

Is that it? Or anyone of you can sense anything fishy out of this whole incident?

If its rat bite, any longterm solution to fight? I am surprised, there are 20 cars parked very closely in my apartment. Why mine? :
Old 13th June 2021, 07:29   #1087
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinitadikonda View Post
If its rat bite, any longterm solution to fight? I am surprised, there are 20 cars parked very closely in my apartment. Why mine? :
Rat bites are common. There is no 100% solution for this problem. However, you can try to use 3M rat spray once in every 4-6 months in the engine bay. We even have a separate thread for rat menace. Search it and you might find other solutions as well.
amvj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th June 2021, 09:32   #1088
Senior - BHPian

Kia had sent out a message directly asking which model and variant I had booked, at which dealer. There was also a question about when I could take delivery, June or July.

I guess they want to match production and demand as accurately as possible. They are resuming normal operations.
Old 13th June 2021, 22:32   #1089
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinitadikonda View Post

It was taken to the nearest Service Center and they’ve diagnosed rat bites on the ABS sensor. The SA told me they can only repair it since they don’t have the part available and it’d take 15 days for it to arrive. Charged me 2300 (wiring + rodent repellent )

Sorry to hear about the rat ordeal. Rat menace is surely not one that is easily solved. No wonder there’s a dedicated thread on team bhp on it.
If these are smaller mice and not bandicoots, try Nichem rat spray off Amazon. This is the one that’s worked for me. I spray this generously on a clean engine bay every 40 to 45 days and not a single noted activity since almost 6 months now.

Why yours? Rats must be sadistic
I used to park my old car in the same spot for over 2 years and not a single rat entered. My new car was a playground within a month!
carriage.retorq is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2021, 14:12   #1090
Senior - BHPian

We are looking to replace our Honda city.
Need a diesel automatic. After doing a lot of brain storming choice came between Nexon and Sonet. Finally, we have settled at Sonet HTX AT. Nexon's AMT and lack of features were the deciding factor otherwise we would have gotten a very good deal. Wife was in favor of Creta and I like it too but paying 6 Lacs more for same engine/gearbox doesn't makes much sense.

Looking for some feedback from Diesel AT owners here for the experience so far, especially the A.S.S. Also, do mention your City and Highway mileages. Thanks.
harry10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th June 2021, 17:26   #1091
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Need a diesel automatic. After doing a lot of brain storming choice came between Nexon and Sonet. Finally, we have settled at Sonet HTX AT. Nexon's AMT and lack of features were the deciding factor otherwise we would have gotten a very good deal. Wife was in favor of Creta and I like it too but paying 6 Lacs more for same engine/gearbox doesn't makes much sense.

Looking for some feedback from Diesel AT owners here for the experience so far, especially the A.S.S. Also, do mention your City and Highway mileages. Thanks.
Congrats on settling on the Sonet!

I suggest you to extend your budget a bit and get the GTX+ model over the HTX model as it has features like rear washer/wiper, black interiors, and 6 airbags!
Old 15th June 2021, 18:21   #1092
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_guy1998 View Post
Congrats on settling on the Sonet!

I suggest you to extend your budget a bit and get the GTX+ model over the HTX model as it has features like rear washer/wiper, black interiors, and 6 airbags!
Thanks.
I have compared both variants thoroughly. TPMS and 6 airbags is what we need from GTX+ and will miss. We like dual tone beige interiors better than all black as it makes it feel bit more lively and roomier. Also, I have rear washer/wiper in Tiago and I have used it hardly twice in 3+ years of owning it so it ain't a miss for me. 10 inch screen would be great to have but HTX has 8 inch one with wireless Android auto which will be really useful for me.

So, in nutshell, spending 2+ Lacs extra for GTX+ for only 2 desirable features doesn't looks like a good deal to us. Hence settled on HTX.
harry10 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th June 2021, 19:55   #1093
BHPian

Quote:
Have top of the line Sonet and mid variant of Seltos in diesel automatic in my extended family. Infact, Seltos was picked after a good experience with Sonet.

The gearbox and engine will not disappoint you. There is sufficient grunt all across the spectrum till 120-130. Where Seltos trumps Sonet is in space and overall ride quality. The mileage depends upon how and where you travel. Sonet has given from 15 till 22 kmpl in city and highways with AC on.

Since you are coming from City, if usage of rear seat is not too frequent for long distances then Sonet is a good pick. to your reasons for mid variant. Good choice.

Last edited by headbanger : 15th June 2021 at 19:56.
headbanger is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2021, 22:25   #1094
BHPian

Quote:
I think Kia has done a wonderful thing by offering the Sonet Automatics in the HTX variants against the earlier HTK+. Both the HTX autos hit a sweet spot for people looking for proper automatics; especially the Diesel Auto.

The GTX+ on the other had is a bit of a stretch, and you kinda end up in the ‘compact SUV’ segment and are tempted by the Seltos / Creta value preposition.

If you compare to the Venue SX+ DCT, Sonet HTX DCT is priced very similar & offers slightly better feature set. The semi-leather seats, leather on the door pads, etc. do add to the feel-good factor. Not to forget the D AT which is a BIG plus!

I would really love to hear from you about the transition from the City to the Sonet. They both are different cars in terms of almost everything! The biggest difference would be in terms of space, and also the driving dynamics.

Do share your thoughts.

Last edited by ashvek3141 : 15th June 2021 at 22:34.
Old 16th June 2021, 12:59   #1095
Senior - BHPian

Below are my driving impressions from the test drive of 1.2 Petrol Kia Sonet, belonging to one of my relatives :

The engine right from the word go felt extremely lazy. It was so slow that it reminded me of my 2 decades old Diesel Indica (NA engine) which had similar pathetic pickup. There is no fun to drive factor with this engine. I don't know if there are any drive modes with this engine option (can anybody confirm?). After driving the car it felt like all the other positives of the car were suddenly washed away by this one major negative.

I am very surprised that even TBHP has not reviewed (based on the posts on 1st page) this engine option. Any particular reasons for that?

Last edited by Zappo : 23rd June 2021 at 03:45. Reason: Grammatical errors edited out.
mercedised is offline   (3) Thanks Received Infraction

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks