Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd June 2021, 11:38   #1111
Senior - BHPian

Re: Kia Sonet : Official Review

In the IMT, does the cruise control disengage whenever one is shifting through the gears?
Old 22nd June 2021, 12:41   #1112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S15 View Post
Your post intrigued me enough to make me log-in again into Team-BHP, and I was just wondering what do you normally drive, so I can understand what your yardstick was.

The performance of the Sonet 1.2 should be no different from an i20 1.2 or for those of you who have an experience, from the 1.2 Punto/Fabia/Polo.

Ofcourse if your parameter is a turbo-diesel, or a turbo-petrol of whatever cc, or even a high revving 1.5 NA petrol (Ford Dragon/Honda 1.5 petrol), then, ofcourse, your being under-whelmed is to be expected.
I drive a Swift Diesel and a Honda City AT 2009. I have not driven i20 Petrol but the 1.2L Sonet felt extremely underpowered to me.
mercedised is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2021, 14:24   #1113
BHPian

If you are facing a performance issue with the Sonet Diesel AT box, please check the drive modes. Sonet, in sports mode, becomes a different beast altogether. It may not be suitable for city driving but out on the highway or in ghat sections, the performance ought to make you smile.
The engine note in sports is an added bonus to the performance!
7000plusrpm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2021, 14:51   #1114
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07CR View Post
In the IMT, does the cruise control disengage whenever one is shifting through the gears?
Yes, as per design, Cruise control would disengage during gear change, clutch use or braking. This is valid for IMT too.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2021, 18:36   #1115

Got my Sonet Petrol iMT HTX 2 weeks ago.

I was curious to get a feedback about other fellow members who also received the new variant, I received Apollo Alnac 4GS tyres, as opposed to MRF tyres that many folks here have received in the older HTX models. This is my first car so I can't complain much, but as against many folks have upgraded their stock MRF tyres to Michelin, what do you feel about the Apollo ones?
Old 22nd June 2021, 23:15   #1116

Same here. Got the new iMT HTX Sonet on 8 June for my son and it comes with Apollos. Any feedback from anyone on the performance of these tyres, or issues, will be much appreciated. They look swell BTW!
Old 23rd June 2021, 13:38   #1117
BHPian

Dilemma between Sonet and Honda City

I am keen on replacing wifey's 9 year old i10 to something new, though she is happy keeping her old car. She was keen on a c-SUV, as it would be our secondary vehicle, which she exclusively drives and her mileage is quite limited. Her existing one has clocked less than 18k Kms till date. I was very particular about AT for her, not MTs or AMTs or IMTs. So this ruled out many models, from the sea of CSUVs, except for Venue, Sonet and EcoSport.

Venue was not even considered as me and my wife aren't very happy about it's interiors (no offense to existing owners). Sonet's interiors look couple of generations ahead of Venue, IMHO. Ecosport was something I was eyeing for her, but I feel that it needs an update now. The boss lady is very particular about having beige interiors and she can't stand black interiors. (I am aware of maintaining a lighter interior, as my 1.8 TSI Octy has it. But it is just a small price to pay for an airy and bright look). I dragged my reluctant wife to Kia showroom on Sohna Road and asked for a test-ride. Naturally, the test drive vehicle was GTX with black interiors, which put off my wife. Luckily, there was an White HTX DCT and Red HTX IMT getting cleaned for delivery.

We had a walk around of these two vehicles and she was impressed and loved the interiors, but chose the red color for the outer paint. Then was the time for test drive, which she enjoyed and wanted to go in for HTX DCT. Made the booking by paying 25 K, while we were told that though officially the waiting period is 18-20 weeks, normally vehicle is delivered between 20-30 days. Though I will take his guarantee with a pinch of salt.

Now comes the thought in my twisted mind. The Honda City V CVT!! It might cost just about 1 - 1.5 L more than HTX DCT, but the attraction of having a proper Sedan is always tempting. After reading the review of Trackday about his V CVT, it made me all the more interested in it. Now, I will have to take the wifey somehow to take the test drive of City and know how she feels about it.

Though SUVs / C-SUVs/ Crossovers are in high demand, after shifting to my Octy from XUV 500, I started loving the sitting position and the driving dynamics of Sedans. I just hope she likes the City, else the tiny Sonet is already booked.
K.grg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2021, 22:37   #1118
BHPian

I had booked Kia Sonet, online through Kia India website in April. Booking status was visible in the portal till last week. Now it doesn't show any booking information, though my dealer is saying car might come by month end.
Anyone else, who has an active booking or earlier was tracking the booking online, confirm on this? Will the booking details disappear, when allocation is done.
Old 24th June 2021, 10:08   #1119
BHPian

My friend owns Sonet HTX and looking to buy Kia's official accessory seat cover. Its been more than 6 months now we couldn't find or source it from any dealership here in Bangalore.

None of the dealers have stock and they don't even know when the seat cover will be available.

It would be a great help if someone can suggest us the dealer or where its available to buy immediately.

We are looking for this one.
Attached Thumbnails
Kia Sonet : Official Review-screenshot_20210623175553_chrome.jpg  

Old 26th June 2021, 11:44   #1120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethnicul View Post
I had booked Kia Sonet, online through Kia India website in April. Booking status was visible in the portal till last week. Now it doesn't show any booking information, though my dealer is saying car might come by month end.
Anyone else, who has an active booking or earlier was tracking the booking online, confirm on this? Will the booking details disappear, when allocation is done.
how does the online booking system work ? is there no dealer involved - direct from manufacturer (like Tesla) ?

what about negotiations, quote, etc - especially for insurance which is generally overpriced.

And most importantly..what about refunds if you cancel ?
Old 27th June 2021, 21:12   #1121
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverbyte View Post
how does the online booking system work ? is there no dealer involved - direct from manufacturer (like Tesla) ?

what about negotiations, quote, etc - especially for insurance which is generally overpriced.

And most importantly..what about refunds if you cancel ?
Basically, one needs to create an account[sign up] and select variant, color, preferred dealer and then make the payment for booking amount. You will be provided with a booking reference ID and a copy of payment confirmation mail is sent to your mail id. Dealer contacts you next day and further processing and negotiation on insurance and discount happens. Insurance quotes from KIA, I found reasonable as compared to quotes from Hyundai dealers. For Sonet and Seltos, it is mentioned that there is no cancellation charges for an online booking. You can cancel online, anytime before dealer invoicing.
Ethnicul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2021, 16:04   #1122
BHPian

Can any Sonet diesel auto owner confirm the real world mileage of the car? From carwale I see the diesel auto is rated at 19kmpl vs 24kmpl of the manual? Is there such a drastic difference?

Also how long is the clutch travel for the diesel manual?

Thanks in advance
Old 28th June 2021, 16:29   #1123
BHPian

I had read somewhere in this forum, that the delivery of Sonet was done in around 2-3 weeks time. Just wanted to know what's the waiting period for bookings done this month. Any pointers would be of immense help.
Old 28th June 2021, 19:02   #1124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.grg View Post
I had read somewhere in this forum, that the delivery of Sonet was done in around 2-3 weeks time. Just wanted to know what's the waiting period for bookings done this month. Any pointers would be of immense help.
The post on the Kushaq thread says 4 months for the gtx diesel automatic.
Old 29th June 2021, 12:22   #1125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.grg View Post
With COVID affecting production and delivery, I would say not to go on what they say.

Initially it was 12 weeks for my booking, which got changed to 16 weeks (no intimation from dealer) and another 1.5 month delay due to COVID. So its been 6 months since the day I've booked and the dealer is still kind of clueless.

I am right now looking at options on now to escalate this
aeeshaan007 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks