Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 5th September 2021, 15:56   #1186

Re: Kia Sonet : Official Review

Here's an updated price list after the recent price hike.
Apparently the price hike did not affect teh GTX+ 1.0 7DCT petrol. It's the only one unchanged from the previous price list.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Pricelist_Sonet_01_09_2021.pdf (177.6 KB, 325 views)
SgtRuckus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2021, 10:42   #1187

Does the price hike affect those who have already made the booking?
Old 6th September 2021, 14:26   #1188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmathur28 View Post
It could. It depends when the vehicle is invoiced to the dealer. You should talk to your dealer.

I booked my vehicle in Jan and there was a price hike in May, my vehicle was delivered in July as per the new price.
aeeshaan007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2021, 15:25   #1189
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmathur28 View Post
Yes, our will be delivered soon and will have to pay the updated price.
harry10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2021, 15:53   #1190
Senior - BHPian

Got it today.
Will post an ownership review after driving for 1000km atleast.
Attached Thumbnails
Kia Sonet : Official Review-20210910_145651.jpg  

Kia Sonet : Official Review-20210910_132320.jpg  

Kia Sonet : Official Review-20210910_131332.jpg  

harry10 is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 11th September 2021, 01:20   #1191

We got our first service done today. It was quite a pleasant experience, the whole process took around 4 hours. We also went ahead with an anti-rust coating which cost Rs. 2600.

I have one little sound that comes from somewhere in the dashboard that's a little annoying - it only happens when going over expansion joints in concrete roads. It's a sort of a click. Just a single click every time. The service consultant came along with us for a drive, but couldn't identify where the sound was coming from. He did try a few things - checking for loose bolts and other parts under the hood, tapping around on the dashboard etc - but to no avail. In the interest of not opening the dashboard up, we have chosen to ignore it, and hope it goes away over time

I've attached photos of the car on the lift with the coating getting sprayed on, as well as of the underbody of the car, if anyone is interested in seeing what it looks like.

Also, is it just me or do the rear speakers of the car sound terrible? HTX model with the Arkamys system. It feels like the rears have no treble at all, and the whole system relies on the front two tweeters for treble.

One more interesting observation I had, and I don't think I've read this in any of the reviews so far - when using Google Maps with Android Auto, with music playing in the background, and turn by turn navigation on, the directions only come through the front right speaker, only for the driver to hear, while reducing the volume on the other speakers, but still keeping the music going. It's a neat feature.
Attached Thumbnails
Kia Sonet : Official Review-img_20210910_152003.jpg  

Kia Sonet : Official Review-img_20210910_151758.jpg  

ChiwdaG is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 12th September 2021, 21:08   #1192
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiwdaG View Post
One more interesting observation I had, and I don't think I've read this in any of the reviews so far - when using Google Maps with Android Auto, with music playing in the background, and turn by turn navigation on, the directions only come through the front right speaker, only for the driver to hear, while reducing the volume on the other speakers, but still keeping the music going. It's a neat feature.
Wow, the attention to detail is impressive.
Voyager-1 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th September 2021, 12:05   #1193
Senior - BHPian

The Kia Sonet has crossed the 1 lakh sales milestone in less than a year since its launch. Kia says it makes up nearly 32% of its overall sales in the country.

Kia Sonet : Official Review-20210914_120500.jpg

Link
Venkatesh is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2021, 17:27   #1194
BHPian

Is there a sonnet thread which mentions how much waiting time is currently experienced for Sonnet models. I would like to know in Bangalore what is current wait time for Petrol DCT top end model.
Old 22nd September 2021, 18:41   #1195
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 666 View Post
Is there a sonnet thread which mentions how much waiting time is currently experienced for Sonnet models. I would like to know in Bangalore what is current wait time for Petrol DCT top end model.
Wait times are uniform across dealerships in Bangalore at 19-20 weeks. They say they can deliver earlier based on allocation.
abhinav.s is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2021, 20:19   #1196

Quote:
Originally Posted by 666 View Post
Not sure of any other threads. Couldn't find any on searching.

I spoke to the dealer with respect to my booking of the same model(GTX+ Petrol 7DCT) today.

They usually have an allocation in the beginning of the month and the end of the month.
This month's allocation has not been communicated to them. Unofficially they say there seems to be a slowdown in production owing to chip shortage and raw material shortage (sic).

Official waiting period for all the models is 19-20 weeks.
SgtRuckus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2021, 19:08   #1197
BHPian

Finally after a long introspecting thought and mulling , decided to trade my City (VX idtec) for a car that gives below
High ground clearance (a sore point of City)
A decent ride quality with lower NVH
With lockdown and WFH taking precedence – Petrol was the calling as against diesel after going through some literature here (obviously ) and few friends with interesting discussion.

TD of few cars – compact SUVs to be precise
Ford Ecosport – unfortunately with a heavy heart had to let it go due to Ford doing a hardstop on all its cars especially was elated for the facelift version
Hyundai Venue- did not like the matchbox like looks and a staid interior
Sonet – Ah ! yes some interest kindled and wifey permitted the budget else was raring for a Seltos diesel.
XUV300- great features but ride was pretty light

Went for a Sonet TD in the petrol (iMT) – car was pretty decent and impressive ground clearance of 211mm. TD of the mid version HTX- petrol(OTR- Hyd is 12.73)
Fabric seats , cabin airiness, steering feedback grip and braking were decent.
spare wheel is space saver and non alloy – really stingy from KIA
infotainment is still ok though decent bit
TD of 8 km done showed FE of 7.3km/L
Monthly rides will not be too much except for the office drive and a weekend trip if permitted
Outstation trips – to BLR / Chennai/ Pune may be once in a while

Any thoughts from the more enlightened gurus for the choice!

Cheers
Prasad

Last edited by Dieseldunk : 23rd September 2021 at 19:09. Reason: Mods sorry for posting here if not correct please help to move to correct section
Old 23rd September 2021, 21:22   #1198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieseldunk View Post
Any thoughts from the more enlightened gurus for the choice!

Cheers
Prasad
Won't the CSUVs you mentioned be a downgrade from your current ride in terms of space, comfort, and mileage ?
sreerknair is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2021, 22:40   #1199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreerknair View Post
Won't the CSUVs you mentioned be a downgrade from your current ride in terms of space, comfort, and mileage ?
Yes it would but got a good deal on the city - definitely will miss the city's comfort. Wanted to trade off for high stance and a CSUV type.
Old 23rd September 2021, 22:51   #1200
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieseldunk View Post
Yes it would but got a good deal on the city - definitely will miss the city's comfort. Wanted to trade off for high stance and a CSUV type.
I sold my City Idtec in July and took delivery of Sonet D-AT on 9th Sep. In most things Sonet feels like an upgrade. NVH is superb, anyone sitting inside can't even make it as a diesel. Space is obviously less than City but for a 6.1 guy like me it's enough. Seat comfort was better in City but Sonet is only slightly less in that. Ground clearance is a big plus, stock music system is good enough for me. It's only 630 kms driven so far but I am already glad for buying it. I usually drive it in manual mode as paddle shifters are so much fun. Personally I will recommend it though I haven't driven IMT gearbox so can't comment on its positive and negative.
harry10 is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed