Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th November 2021, 08:29   #1246
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Kia Sonet : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamahunter View Post
This was raised to Kia svc and their response was that this is a safety feature, quite strange to me actually.
If they continue with this narrative, talk to the service manager of the SVC. Ask them to give it in writing that it's a safety feature and see how they react.
Old 11th November 2021, 14:28   #1247
BHPian

The Sales number of Sonet has fallen over the last 2 months and is almost half when compared to Nexon and Venue sales.

Are the sales falling as people don't see value in the car or is it because of better competition or because of supply chain issues

Not sure why the waiting period is 6-7 months when they are selling only 5K cars a month.

Regards
Attached Thumbnails
Kia Sonet : Official Review-jpeg.jpg  

chandrda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2021, 15:31   #1248
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandrda View Post
The Sales number of Sonet has fallen over the last 2 months and is almost half when compared to Nexon and Venue sales.

Are the sales falling as people don't see value in the car or is it because of better competition or because of supply chain issues

Not sure why the waiting period is 6-7 months when they are selling only 5K cars a month.

Regards
Demand for Sonet and Venue is higher than Nexon , they just cannot produce enough of them due to supply chain issues and that is why there is a high waiting period.
Old 11th November 2021, 19:42   #1249
BHPian

Quote:
The Sales number of Sonet has fallen

Regards
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
Demand for Sonet and Venue is higher than Nexon , they just cannot produce enough of them due to supply chain issues and that is why there is a high waiting period.
I think KIA assembly line is at its full capacity in India factory. May be they are prioritising Seltos over some varient of Sonet.
Old 13th November 2021, 19:33   #1250
BHPian

A leisurely weekend drive today, wanted to check how much can we extract out of manual HTX Diesel. A straight highway, least twists and turns, 75% cruise control, ACC at 24°C showed almost 25kmpl. Was already on ring road traffic after I realised I missed taking a pic.
Attached Thumbnails
Kia Sonet : Official Review-pxl_20211113_102752051.jpg  

Last edited by _chikku : 13th November 2021 at 19:45.
_chikku is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2021, 21:42   #1251
BHPian

Quote:

Regards
After 12 weeks I suddenly got a mail giving me a new forecast for delivery of my Sonet GTX+ D-AT. The sales head at the dealership says he cannot comprehend what going on with Kia as this is the variant that is just not being suppl from the factory. He’s asking me to take the top spec Seltos instead, but that’s a further ₹5lakh which I don’t want to spend. So there’s no Sonet GTX+ D-AT being manufactured at all. Strange production planning
armumbai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2021, 08:59   #1252
BHPian

Here's an update for people who are waiting for the delivery of their Kia Sonet -

After a lot of consideration, I booked the Kia Sonet Diesel Automatic GTX Plus at Car Automotive dealership in Gachibowli, Hyderabad on 20/09/2021. At the time of booking, I was told that it would take three months for the car to arrive, which means that I should get the car by December end.

Since the booking, I have been in constant touch with the sales executive to check on the availability status. During the first few weeks of booking the car, the sales executive was telling me that I'll get the car in December, just like I was promised.

However, two weeks ago, he informed me that the delivery might get delayed. According to him, I'll get the car in January 2022. He says that the reason behind the delay is that the company is producing the Sonet in very low quantities, especially the Diesel Automatic GTX Plus variant. According to him, the dealership received 147 Kia Seltos last month and only 2 Kia Sonet units. He informed me that the company will focus on the Kia Sonet production from January 2022.

The question is why is Kia producing the Sonet in such low quantities. If this was due to semiconductor shortage then that should have also affected the production of the Seltos. But the company is producing the Seltos in much higher quantities. Maybe Kia has more profit margin on the Seltos than it does on the Sonet and that is why it is prioritising the production on the Seltos. This would also explain why dealerships are trying to upsell customers who have booked Sonet to get the Seltos.
AbidIqbalShaik is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th November 2021, 12:05   #1253
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbidIqbalShaik View Post
Here's an update for people who are waiting for the delivery of their Kia Sonet -

After a lot of consideration, I booked the Kia Sonet Diesel Automatic GTX Plus at Car Automotive dealership in Gachibowli, Hyderabad on 20/09/2021. At the time of booking, I was told that it would take three months for the car to arrive, which means that I should get the car by December end.

Since the booking, I have been in constant touch with the sales executive to check on the availability status. During the first few weeks of booking the car, the sales executive was telling me that I'll get the car in December, just like I was promised.

However, two weeks ago, he informed me that the delivery might get delayed. According to him, I'll get the car in January 2022.
I booked my Sonet GTX DAT yesterday after a test drive. I've been told by the SA that there is a 24-25 week waiting for Sonet and 18-19 week for Seltos. He even had more Seltos than Sonet ready for delivery.

However, he has told me that I'll tentatively get it by Feb/March of next year.

They're giving priority to Seltos maybe because of bigger margins as well as lower demand for top end models.

Last edited by jasjotbains : 14th November 2021 at 12:08.
jasjotbains is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2021, 17:07   #1254

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbidIqbalShaik View Post

However, two weeks ago, he informed me that the delivery might get delayed. According to him, I'll get the car in January 2022. He says that the reason behind the delay is that the company is producing the Sonet in very low quantities, especially the Diesel Automatic GTX Plus variant. According to him, the dealership received 147 Kia Seltos last month and only 2 Kia Sonet units. He informed me that the company will focus on the Kia Sonet production from January 2022.
I booked the Sonet G1.OT 7DCT GTX+ Petrol in August 2021. Official waiting period was 19-20 weeks which would be somewhere in December end.
At the time of booking and in all subsequent conversations I was assured early delivery.
After a couple of months the sales advisor quite (was fired?) and someone else took over my booking. This person and the sales manager are very arrogant.
I got fed up with no updates or any kind of communication. Also Kia has not officially announced any delays in the Sonet production.
After waiting till November I tweeted about the delay (official waiting period is 19-20 weeks so still within time but delay as per the commitment) and the opaque ordering process.
I got a reply from the company and subsequently from the dealer with the same spiel, but this time they wrote down there is a delay in supply from the manufacturer.

Yesterday I received the following update from the dealer along with the attachment.
The waiting period has been increased to 24-25 weeks. (Notice how the attachment says it is valid for all fresh bookings, yet they are using it as a means to increase all waiting periods)

Dear Mr. SgtRuckus,

Greetings from ARM KIA Motors Mangalore!

This further to the trailing mail, we have received the revised waiting period by the manufacturer and the same is been attached for your reference.

The booked vehicle Sonet G1.OT 7DCT GTX+ will be tentatively delivered by February 2022.

We are working on delivering your car at the earliest. If anything possible earlier to you that will keep you updated.

We appreciate your patience and cooperation.

For any further queries please feel to write and contact the below undersigned.

Always assuring our best services to your satisfaction.
Kia Sonet : Official Review-waiting-period-sonet.jpeg

I am seriously considering canceling the booking and waiting for any new launches or updates to other cars (XUV300 or even the Venue)

Any thoughts on this? Should I wait it out or cancel?
Old 21st November 2021, 19:03   #1255
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamahunter View Post
At times, very random occurrence, during parking, his steering jams up and behaves like there is no power steering at all. Neither electronic nor hydraulic.

This was raised to Kia svc and their response was that this is a safety feature, quite strange to me actually.
I have the exact same variant and my parking is also a congested one. Between pillers and other parked cars, I need minimum 5 back and forth attempts to take it out of parking. I have never faced any power loss in the steering and there is no such safety feature mentioned anywhere in the service manual.

Below text from the manual

”The steering effort becomes heavier as the vehicle's speed increases and becomes lighter as the vehicle's speed decreases for better control of the steering wheel.

Should you notice any change in the effort required to steer during normal vehicle operation, have the system checked by a professional workshop. Kia recommends to visit an authorised Kia dealer/service partner."

Also there is one point mentioned in manual which is

"The steering effort increases if the steering wheel is rotated continuously when the vehicle is not in motion. However, after a few minutes, it will return to its normal conditions."

I think, you might have to check the above point. Make sure the vehicle is in motion while steering.
Ethnicul is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2021, 12:32   #1256

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saitama View Post
As per SA This app can connect to the diagnostic module connected to the fuse box area over bluetooth and doesn't need internet. This module has not come from Kia yet for Sonet so couldn't check it. It gives real-time readings of vehicle data. This app also tracks your service history.
So this diagnostic module does not come attached in the car? Were you able to login to the Kia Link App without it then..
Old 23rd November 2021, 17:13   #1257

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmathur28 View Post
So this diagnostic module does not come attached in the car? Were you able to login to the Kia Link App without it then..
No it did not come with the car when I took delivery. Login to the app requires only OTP sent to your mobile.
Saitama is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2021, 19:55   #1258
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtRuckus View Post

Any thoughts on this? Should I wait it out or cancel?
I had spoken to KIA PPS Motors in Bangalore and they said they could deliver the vehicle by March,2022 if I book it today.

I am not sure how of this is B.S and truth.
vishegde is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2021, 15:53   #1259
BHPian

I booked early September at PPS Bangalore. They had promised Nov late allocation or Dec. Today there were hinting at Feb 2022. Booking was for 7DCT top end.
666 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2021, 10:30   #1260
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone used the Sonet D AT in the city predominantly for a few months now?? If yes, how is the DPF holding up? Has there been clogging issues?? Or a drop in performance??

And with city traffic, I mean a bit of stop and go with some occasional bursts of strong acceleration in lower gears. With no open road sustained high-speed runs for months together! How does it fare??

Just wondering what the real world experience has been!
deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks