Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2022, 06:03   #1426
BHPian

Re: Kia Sonet : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mainali View Post
I own a Kia Sonet GTX+ Diesel MT, 2021 model. The total Kms I have accumulated is somewhere around 21xx Kms. For some family emergency the car was parked and was not in use for close to
No. I have not faced this problem in my vehicle. My Sonet is an automatic though.

The closest parallel that I can think of is a sudden braking situation where you are going over uneven terrain with neutral engaged during the last part of the manoeuvre. The vehicle would slew only such a situation.

Could it be down to higher than usual tyre pressures? Please do have the service personnel check it out.
Old 5th February 2022, 09:49   #1427
BHPian

Quote:
I own a Kia Sonet GTX+ Diesel MT, 2021 model. The total Kms I have accumulated is somewhere around 21xx Kms. For some family emergency the car was parked and was not in use for close to 3 months. After I came back, I have done two Bangalore International Airports trips. There are few rumble strips in between my house and the airport, what I have observed recently is the car looses the balance when you go over them even at really lower speeds in the range of 50 KMPH. I can feel that the tyres are swerving in some directions, from the steering feedback, its mostly towards the right.

Has any other owner faced the same, my third free service is due next week. I can definitely tell them about the issue but it will be really difficult to re-produce the same. Any suggestions how do I go about it explaining the issue and the problem?
Could it be the tyres? Was the car standing still at same location? Was it in open parking or closed? Heat could have hardened tyres. Do check tyres condition for any small cracks.
Old 7th February 2022, 22:33   #1428
BHPian

Hi

Was in the market for an immediate delivery car
Was ok with budget of upto 18 Lacs.

Found a 2022 Kia Sonet GTX+ Diesel AT
Booked it right away.

After test driving N Line, Astor, Taigun, Seltos was either not getting the car immediately or was not liking the vehicle.

Was blown away with Diesel Auto of Sonet, CVTs DCTs dont have anything on traditional torque convertor autos.

The deal is struck with all bells and whislstles extra addons and accessories at 17 Lacs.

Paying bit extra but immediate delivery is a very very big requirement.
Will post detailed update on taking delivery.
DesertRain is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th February 2022, 08:33   #1429
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertRain View Post
Found a 2022 Kia Sonet GTX+ Diesel AT
Booked it right away.

Was blown away with Diesel Auto of Sonet, CVTs DCTs dont have anything on traditional torque convertor autos.
Congratulations on your booking! It's a sweet sweet car with a butter smooth engine and gearbox. Enjoying my GTX+ since the past two weeks, waiting eagerly for the first service to be over.
jasjotbains is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th February 2022, 13:00   #1430

Quote:
I own a Kia Sonet GTX+ Diesel MT, 2021 model.
=====
Any suggestions how do I go about it explaining the issue and the problem?
It could be due to the car standing for 3 months on same portion/patch of the tyre. It might have created a sort of flat spot due to the weight being exerted constantly. Get it checked with the service centre and also have a look a the alignment of the tyres.
Nikhil0812 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2022, 21:54   #1431
BHPian

Has anyone received delivery for Petrol DCT recently? So far all recent post have been for delivery of Diesel ones.
Old 9th February 2022, 22:38   #1432
BHPian

Existing owners - Could you please confirm this:
Post-booking, who informed you when the vehicle was allocated? Was it a SMS from Kia or a call from the dealer? Just trying to understand the process transparency.
morphique is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2022, 23:36   #1433
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by morphique View Post
Post-booking, who informed you when the vehicle was allocated? Was it a SMS from Kia or a call from the dealer? Just trying to understand the process transparency.
I booked through dealer, so dealer was the one who informed about allocation. Don't know how it works for online booking.
_chikku is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2022, 14:59   #1434

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArijitGupte View Post
Has anyone received delivery for Petrol DCT recently? So far all recent post have been for delivery of Diesel ones.
I'm waiting for delivery of my GTX+ 7-DCT petrol (in Kolkata). The dealership has indicated that I'll hopefully get the delivery in March (car booked in first week of December '21).
saurabhricha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2022, 19:15   #1435
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by morphique View Post
I booked online. Haven't got a single message from Kia even though I've waited 3 months for delivery and have already spent two weeks with my GTX+. You'll have to depend on your KEC only.
jasjotbains is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th February 2022, 07:28   #1436
BHPian

[quote=Mainali;5250948] There are few rumble strips in between my house and the airport, what I have observed recently is the car looses the balance when you go over them even at really lower speeds in the range of 50 KMPH. /QUOTE]

I too face this in my Kia Sonet HTX imt. I think this imbalance occurs when your front wheels (or rear wheels) traverse a speed breaker at different points of time. i.e. say your right side wheel climbs the tip of the speed breaker first, followed by left wheel. Try driving, perpendicular across the SB, this maynot happen. The high ground clearance might be the reason.
Old 13th February 2022, 14:06   #1437
BHPian

Is anyone having problems with connecting their phones to Android auto? I'm getting "Error 16". Google search says it's related to dual apps which I use. I'm hoping someone has a solution/workaround for this?
Old 14th February 2022, 08:59   #1438
BHPian

Hi Guys

Took the delivery of car yesterday but very very disappointing experience.
At time of delivery just when the car was idle hand brake light was falsely on, the showroom guys tried switching the ignition on/off and without luck proceeded with readjusting the fuse. Problem was solved.

This only put me off but i ignored it. But before car could reach temple this issue has erupted again.

So anyone else faced this issue?
Please help, with escalation email IDs?

Will it be wise to send the car to service station for through checkup, or should i insist for a home maintenance check?
DesertRain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2022, 09:22   #1439
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertRain View Post
Hi Guys

Will it be wise to send the car to service station for through checkup, or should i insist for a home maintenance check?
Being a brand new car, would suggest to go to the service centre and have it thoroughly checked with all equipments and electronics available at disposal. Home check would be very limited.

I have realized that purchasing phase, delivery and customer handling experience is something Kia should really work on. I refrained earlier from booking a Kia due to pathetic customer experience at the Kia Autobahn showroom in Powai, Mumbai. Then later found another dealership in Mumbai where experience was opposite and commendable including their service centre accessibility and staff.

I would urge you to find out more about a reliable Kia service centre option near you and then only choose.

Congratulations on the new car, we do always hope that something like this doesn't happen when you bring your vehicle home but sometimes there are one to two cases, so don't worry it will get resolved.
Old 14th February 2022, 14:46   #1440
BHPian

Just 4 days in after getting the car delivery, I have noticed a strange problem. While connected to the Android Auto wirelessly or wired, if I go over rumble strips or potholes, which cause a sudden jerk/vibration, the system automatically dials the distress number. Is this expected or should I get this checked during the first service? Has anyone else faced this issue on the HTX variant?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks