Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th January 2023, 14:30   #1846
BHPian

Re: Kia Sonet : Official Review

Heard complaints about Sonet stopping suddenly (DCT Petrol) from an acquaintance. Anyone with D-AT experienced anything as such? Is it owing to gearbox overheating?
Old 8th January 2023, 17:23   #1847
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by epiccross View Post
Is it owing to gearbox overheating?
I think the transmission overheating will show proper warning and advises to park safely. I own a DCT, but never seen such warning or faced this issue.
Old 8th January 2023, 17:58   #1848
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by robincsamuel View Post
I think the transmission overheating will show proper warning and advises to park safely. I own a DCT, but never seen such warning or faced this issue.
I mean what was told to me was that it just stopped randomly and refused to start. Which sounded weird. First I assumed it was overheating, but then again, you're right, it gives ample time to park safely. Weird.
Old 8th January 2023, 18:11   #1849
BHPian

Quote:
I mean what was told to me was that it just stopped randomly and refused to start. Which sounded weird.
That sounds strange. Do you know if there’s any error message?

My car’s battery drained recently (my mistake, I kept music and fan on when I was cleaning and forgot about that) and the car couldn’t start. However, it didn’t show a battery low error, instead it complained about ESC as it couldn’t finish the startup ESC checks due to the low battery.

Kia’s roadside assistance then helped me to jump start.
robincsamuel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2023, 12:17   #1850
BHPian

Quote:
I mean what was told to me was that it just stopped randomly and refused to start. Which sounded weird. First I assumed it was overheating, but then again, you're right, it gives ample time to park safely. Weird.
I think a few 2021 models had fuel pump issues which may have stopped the engine and refusing to start again.
ArijitGupte is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2023, 21:38   #1851
BHPian

I was driving the other day back to my workplace from Chandigarh and was driving rather sedately. Stumbled across the average instantaneous fuel consumption for the trip. Needless to say, gives me serious doubts about the calculations behind it it went up to 27.3 but could not click a pic of it

Kia Sonet : Official Review-img20230108183820.jpg

One irritant I've observed is that my right headlamp beam seems to be pointed towards the left. This is especially visible in high beam. Has anyone noticed the same or is it just me? I have a GTX DAT which comes with LED headlamps
Old 16th January 2023, 23:47   #1852
BHPian

I have a question for all the Sonet and Kia car owners reading this. I've observed paint fade within a year or two of most of Kia cars in my society and region (where I can inspect closely).

What has been your ownership like?
Is the shine still on? Has the paint faded?
Will ceramic coat prevent this to some extent?
Old 17th January 2023, 00:10   #1853
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torq View Post
I have a question for all the Sonet and Kia car owners reading this. I've observed paint fade within a year or two of most of Kia cars in my society and region (where I can inspect closely).

What has been your ownership like?
Is the shine still on? Has the paint faded?
Will ceramic coat prevent this to some extent?
This is the first time I am reading this. Personally, I have not come across any Kia car where the paint (not the plastics) has faded.

I know my car isn't ceramic coated and is 3+ yrs old already. Paint is holding up well so far. The next time you come across such a Kia car, can you please click a pic and share here?
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2023, 21:15   #1854
BHPian

A query for DCT owners, just before the gear changes, as the RPM rises, I can hear a hiss and click sound and then the RPM drops the noise is gone. Is this normal?
Have not seen any performance issue.
Old 20th January 2023, 13:41   #1855
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
This is the first time I am reading this. Personally, I have not come across any Kia car where the paint (not the plastics) has faded.

I know my car isn't ceramic coated and is 3+ yrs old already. Paint is holding up well so far. The next time you come across such a Kia car, can you please click a pic and share here?
Thanks for the confidence.
I've been trying to lookout for the Kia Sonets in society but the owners must be out or something for the past few days.

Meanwhile, decided to get my own ride ceramic coated for the peace of mind. With the sun blinking in partially inside the covered parking and the society guy cleaning and wiping with his rag, I might as well spend for this.
Old 22nd January 2023, 06:15   #1856
Senior - BHPian

Came across this video.

He explains that using creeping function in iMT gearbox damages the clutch. So he recommends to use accelerator wherever possible when moving off in first gear. He explains the clutch is partially engaged if you use the creep function and it burns the clutch.

Can someone please verify if he is correct? I normally use the creep function in traffic and now I am worried about my clutch plate.
Old 24th January 2023, 20:27   #1857
BHPian

Finally after 7 months, my ride is here!
Here's hoping for a pleasant enjoyable ownership!
Attached Images

Torq is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th January 2023, 21:41   #1858
BHPian

Quote:
Whoa, congrats man! Still impatiently waiting on my HTX D AT. Just an incredibly well-rounded car, just so much fun to drive.
epiccross is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2023, 21:56   #1859
BHPian

Quote:
Whoa, congrats man! Still impatiently waiting on my HTX D AT. Just an incredibly well-rounded car, just so much fun to drive.
Absolutely agreed. I too had booked HTX D AT. Mid Dec, the dealer called and asked if GTX was OK. Uptil now, I wasn't interested, but considering the future price increase and availability, I decided on jumping the gun.
Torq is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th January 2023, 10:36   #1860
BHPian

Quote:
Hearty Congratulations on your new car. I too got the same color GTX+ DAT in Dec. Happy driving and you'll certainly enjoy the ownership.

One question - since KIA increased the price from 1st Jan, did you end up paying the new price or the price at the time of booking?
AmazeGuru is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks