Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th May 2022, 18:48   #1486
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Looks like there is an update to the SX(O) DCT model from Apr 22, it will be coming with diamond cut alloys rather than those shoddy looking gray alloys wheels.
One of my friend picked it up yesterday in Bhubaneswar and he got the diamond cut alloys.
D'Ro@dSt@r is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th May 2022, 01:22   #1487
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D'Ro@dSt@r View Post
Looks like there is an update to the SX(O) DCT model from Apr 22, it will be coming with diamond cut alloys rather than those shoddy looking gray alloys wheels.
One of my friend picked it up yesterday in Bhubaneswar and he got the diamond cut alloys.
Finally, the much needed update to the SX(O) DCT. Wonder, why can’t Hyundai realise this right from the word go!
Old 8th May 2022, 01:37   #1488
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvek3141 View Post
Finally, the much needed update to the SX(O) DCT. Wonder, why can’t Hyundai realise this right from the word go!
Looks like these changes in all the models are a stock clearence rather than an update to make way for the facelift.
hareshjethwani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2022, 10:52   #1489
BHPian

Hello Creta Owners,
Need an advise from you all. I have a budget of 20 Lakhs ( after a big stretch ) and looking for a decently spacious crossover with AT. I am also expecting a boot of 400+ L. I drove an Amaze earlier and can't compromise with a small boot in the upgrade. There is no much choice in the market, other than the Korean twins. Taigun/Kushaq and Astor are cramped to my liking. Liked Creta & Seltos and family has stunning experience with the Panaramic sunroof. I am also satisfied with the Bose music system. Compared to Seltos, Creta is missing on 360 degree camera and front parking sensors.
My intention is to go for either SX(O) IVT or SX(O) IVT knight edition. Dealership here is pushing for knight edition as they are expecting faster allocation compared to regular variants.
Keeping the story apart, now could you please suggest to go ahead and book it or to wait for a facelift. Request all owners here to provide your valuable inputs to close my dilemma. I selected IVT instead of turbo because of better fuel efficiency.
I liked the Bose audio even many criticized the system here as well as other forums. Diesel does not fit in my requirement as my usage won't exceed 300 - 400 km per month.

Last edited by Hickstead : 8th May 2022 at 11:00. Reason: Corrections
Old 8th May 2022, 11:07   #1490
BHPian

Quote:
The other cosmetic updates that I read about were piano black center console, blackened tail lamps and a full size spare rim instead of the space saver 16 inch rim. Could you confirm that as well?
Old 8th May 2022, 11:12   #1491
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hickstead View Post
Hello Creta Owners,
Need an advise from you all. I have a budget of 20 Lakhs ( after a big stretch ) and looking for a decently spacious crossover with AT. .
My intention is to go for either SX(O) IVT or SX(O) IVT knight edition. Dealership here is pushing for knight edition as they are expecting faster allocation compared to regular variants.
Keeping the story apart, now could you please suggest to go ahead and book it or to wait for a facelift. Request all owners here to provide your valuable inputs to close my dilemma. I selected IVT instead of turbo because of better fuel efficiency.
Creta Sx(O) IVT is a good choice for the feautres, low maintenance and long term reliability it offers. It is very difficult to find another car (proper 5 seater) in similar price range which can offer all bells and whistles, specially from a brand which you can trust eyes closed. Even Seltos doesn't offer top end IVT.

If you like the test drive and not a very enthusiastic pedal to metal type of driver then IVT fits the bill perfectly.

What is the wait time dealer has mentioned? Generally IVT models have 6+ months long waiting so if you book now, chances are that you might get facelift version (if Hyundai launches it around Diwali). If you are willing to wait and OK with slight increase in prices down the line then it is better to get facelift model with latest features.

Please keep in mind that Creta has seen multiple price revisions in last year or so, making it costlier by up to 1L (on road) depending on the model

If you can't wait and dealer is offering quicker delivery then you can go for it now and enjoy the new car without worrying about price hikes

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 8th May 2022 at 11:41.
Aviator_guy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2022, 14:36   #1492
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AB10 View Post
The other cosmetic updates that I read about were piano black center console, blackened tail lamps and a full size spare rim instead of the space saver 16 inch rim. Could you confirm that as well?
Yes those other updates are also coming in now.
  1. Piano black inserts in the dash
    2. Blackened tail lamps
    3. I got full size 17" steel rim with my car which is oct 2020 model. I hope there will not be any change.

Attaching some pics for reference
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Creta : Official Review-img_20220508_142658.jpg  

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-screenshot_2022050814285385_6012fa4d4ddec268fc5c7112cbb265e7.jpg  

D'Ro@dSt@r is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th May 2022, 15:05   #1493
BHPian

Quote:
Yes those other updates are also coming in now.
  1. Piano black inserts in the dash
    2. Blackened tail lamps
    3. I got full size 17" steel rim with my car which is oct 2020 model. I hope there will not be any change.

Attaching some pics for reference
God!! This glossy black centre control looks too garish IMO; or maybe it’s the photo angle?
Old 8th May 2022, 15:30   #1494
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hello Creta Owners,
Need an advise from you all. I have a budget of 20 Lakhs ( after a big stretch ) and looking for a decently spacious crossover with AT. I am also expecting a boot of 400+ L. I drove an Amaze earlier and can't compromise with a small boot in the upgrade. There is no much choice in the market, other than the Korean twins. Taigun/Kushaq and Astor are cramped to my liking.
My 2 cents- You have stretched your budget to 20L and now you are looking for the highest variant with the least powerful engine, one which offers "adequate" performance at best, and certainly not worth 20Lac. Since you dont have a problem with CVT, why dont you stretch just a wee-bit further and get yourself a Hector CVT ?Its one whole size bigger than the Koreans, much bigger boot space, more powerful engine, and it has got same or better features, as well as arguably a good after-sales experience based on various reports. If you were limited to 17-18L, I could have agreed with the Seltos/Creta, but since you are already in the 20L zone, stretching a little bit further will get you a car one segment above in the CVT Hector. You may lose out a bit on FE, but the car ownership and comfort may make up for that. Slavia/Virtus could also be potential candidates.

Last edited by fhdowntheline : 8th May 2022 at 15:34.
fhdowntheline is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th May 2022, 15:42   #1495
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvek3141 View Post
God!! This glossy black centre control looks too garish IMO; or maybe it’s the photo angle?

True. I think it would look good only with the DT/Black/Grey varients. Not with white, red, blue or silver
AB10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2022, 21:11   #1496
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhdowntheline View Post
My 2 cents- You have stretched your budget to 20L and now you are looking for the highest variant with the least powerful engine, one which offers "adequate" performance at best, and certainly not worth 20Lac. Since you dont have a problem with CVT, why dont you stretch just a wee-bit further and get yourself a Hector CVT ?Its one whole size bigger than the Koreans, much bigger boot space, more powerful engine, and it has got same or better features, as well as arguably a good after-sales experience based on various reports. If you were limited to 17-18L, I could have agreed with the Seltos/Creta, but since you are already in the 20L zone, stretching a little bit further will get you a car one segment above in the CVT Hector. You may lose out a bit on FE, but the car ownership and comfort may make up for that. Slavia/Virtus could also be potential candidates.
Agree with your opinion. This is the exact dilemma in which I have struck right now. Hector is too big a car for me to park as I have some space constraints in the parking lot of the apartment . I understand that I am thinking about the too expensive variant of Creta to the performance it offers. Turbo variants are even far expensive for me and seriously entering the next segment .

Last edited by Hickstead : 8th May 2022 at 21:13.
Old 9th May 2022, 05:18   #1497
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Agree with your opinion. This is the exact dilemma in which I have struck right now. I understand that I am thinking about the too expensive variant of Creta to the performance it offers.
I would suggest you prioritize your requirements amongst the following: i) Parking Space ii) Seating Comfort iii) Boot Space iv) Performance v) Safety features.
I would look at Parking Space first, if it is such a big constraint, after which Safety and Performance come later. With regard to seating comfort, please consider a constraint only if you have medical issues or age-related constraints. Otherwise most of these are just "feelings" which will disappear once you start driving that car. All other features like sunroof, touchscreen ICE, digital cockpit etc are just nice-to-have.
Old 10th May 2022, 10:54   #1498
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autocool View Post
]

The service center did diagnose the car Monday morning. The SA called and confirmed my initial suspicion that a rat had indeed chewed the fuel pipe. The fuel was being sprayed out of the hole in the fuel pipe whenever they cranked the car.

While this is not the first instance that rats have caused havoc with my car, this certainly was the worst and first on my Creta. Sadly, Hyundai doesn't offer anything to counter the rat problem.
Rat bite incidents have been reported in my apartment complex and reading your experience makes me nervous. I heard that rodent mesh can be installed underbody to prevent easy access of rats. My friend got it installed for Seltos at the Kia service center recently.

Have you or anyone in the forum installed such mesh for Creta in Bangalore? If so, please share your feedback and where can we get it installed.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 10th May 2022 at 10:56.
Old 10th May 2022, 12:33   #1499
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
Have you or anyone in the forum installed such mesh for Creta in Bangalore?
Not really, I got tips from local mechanics to tie potlis of gutkha (tobacco) in engine bay to avoid rodents

Last edited by autocool : 10th May 2022 at 12:38. Reason: added reference to "tobacco" for clarity
Old 10th May 2022, 13:00   #1500
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
Rat bite incidents have been reported in my apartment complex and reading your experience makes me nervous. I heard that rodent mesh can be installed underbody to prevent easy access of rats. My friend got it installed for Seltos at the Kia service center recently.

Have you or anyone in the forum installed such mesh for Creta in Bangalore? If so, please share your feedback and where can we get it installed.
For the rat menace, we boil tobacco in water and spray that water on the tyres and below the engine bay. Never installed a mesh as such on the previous cars. Also place some additional tobacco in the engine bay. The rats hate this and we have’nt had a rat problem since. On the other hand, our security guard loves this as the excess tobacco is always given to him

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks