Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2022, 15:20   #1531
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

I was comparing Creta SX IVT with Seltos HTX IVT. Earlier there were several features missing in Seltos and it made sense to go with Creta and pay extra amount.

But since last update on Seltos (2022) all the significant difference in terms of features are added. And now all the features in Creta SX is also there in Seltos HTX.

Only significant difference is Panoramic sunroof in Creta compared to normal sunroof in Seltos. But to balance it out Seltos has plush leather seats compared to fabric in Creta.
There might be some minor difference which might not be worth mentioning (like electric parking brake in Creta).

The price difference between the two is significant.
Seltos HTX IVT petrol - 15.15L (ex-showroom)
Creta SX IVT petrol - 15.86L (ex-showroom)

The difference is about 71k.

Am I missing something and unable to see the other major feature differences? or there are no more difference and Creta is just asking extra 70k for its brand name?
Old 2nd June 2022, 15:56   #1532
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dextor View Post
I was comparing Creta SX IVT with Seltos HTX IVT. Earlier there were several features missing in Seltos and it made sense to go with Creta and pay extra amount.

But since last update on Seltos (2022) all the significant difference in terms of features are added. And now all the features in Creta SX is also there in Seltos HTX.

Only significant difference is Panoramic sunroof in Creta compared to normal sunroof in Seltos. But to balance it out Seltos has plush leather seats compared to fabric in Creta.
There might be some minor difference which might not be worth mentioning (like electric parking brake in Creta).

The price difference between the two is significant.
Seltos HTX IVT petrol - 15.15L (ex-showroom)
Creta SX IVT petrol - 15.86L (ex-showroom)

The difference is about 71k.

Am I missing something and unable to see the other major feature differences? or there are no more difference and Creta is just asking extra 70k for its brand name?
Apart from what you mentioned, here are some more.

Features in Seltos over Creta

1. 4 airbags (vs 2)
2. Auto dimming IRVM
3. Ambient lights (mutii color)

Features in Creta over Seltos
1. Auto hold

I guess the biggest puller for Creta inspite of higher price is panaromic sunroof and wider Hyundai network.
Aviator_guy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2022, 18:40   #1533
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
I noticed that while playing Gaana app or Amazon music for that matter on the screen, it shows very limited contents. While connected to car screen, the app shows up as in drive mode in my phone. Although I can use the app on phone to go back to normal mode but I want to have that functionality on the car screen instead of fiddling with my phone to search and play music of my choice. Is it how it is supposed to be or is there a workaround? If any suggestions please do share.

Car mode can be enabled/ disabled in settings for Spotify music app. With regards to limited content available on the headunit, it is how it is supposed to be. Head unit view via Apple Carplay is meant for minimal distraction of driver and hence, is designed with larger font, limited but necessary menus and views. For everything else, you have the voice control feature(Siri/Google Assistant) which is quite easy to use from its dedicated voice button on steering wheel. While voice control is not able to automate everything we do on our phone screens, it certainly has wide usability once it learns your voice tone and preferences.
Old 3rd June 2022, 07:48   #1534
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarav100 View Post
Car mode can be enabled/ disabled in settings for Spotify music app. With regards to limited content available on the headunit, it is how it is supposed to be. Head unit view via Apple Carplay is meant for minimal distraction of driver and hence, is designed with larger font, limited but necessary menus and views. For everything else, you have the voice control feature(Siri/Google Assistant) which is quite easy to use from its dedicated voice button on steering wheel. While voice control is not able to automate everything we do on our phone screens, it certainly has wide usability once it learns your voice tone and preferences.
Voice control has a mind of her own and one is lucky if commands are obeyed

Searching limited content is more distracting than playing already made perosnal playlist which unfortunately doesn't show up on the HU. Hardly ever had success with voice command to play a song

I am referring to Android Auto. May be car play has better performance, not sure.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 3rd June 2022 at 07:49.
Old 5th June 2022, 01:37   #1535

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
Apart from what you mentioned, here are some more.

Features in Seltos over Creta

1. 4 airbags (vs 2)
2. Auto dimming IRVM
3. Ambient lights (mutii color)

Features in Creta over Seltos
1. Auto hold

I guess the biggest puller for Creta inspite of higher price is panaromic sunroof and wider Hyundai network.

Auto hold and electronic brakes are features which we don't realise how useful they are until we use them. I own a Sxo turbo petrol Creta. Auto hold is just so convenient that I always have it on when driving within city. It makes city driving totally hassle free.
Ps. I would not recommend seltos or creta after their safety ratings. slavia n virtus siblings look really appealing. Have you test driven them?
Tanush03 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th June 2022, 14:00   #1536
Distinguished - BHPian

Creta spotted in a new color shade. Customized for airport authorities.

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-4.jpg

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-1.jpg

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-2.jpg

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-3.jpg

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 10th June 2022 at 14:03.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2022, 13:55   #1537

I just got delivery of the 2022 Creta. The dashboard is dual tone & the visibility of the drive is pathetic! If anything dangerous to the sight. The problem persists at night as well. Pls see attached picture.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Creta : Official Review-screenshot-20220615-1.54.00-pm.png  

chintenshah is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2022, 22:04   #1538
BHPian

Here is the all famous video of the idiots who drove a Creta on Anjuna Beach in Goa two days ago. The men were apparently natives of Delhi and had rented the car - which is rather odd since it has a private registration. The car eventually got stuck in the sand and wouldn't budge, probably since the engine got hydrolocked.

The car is just about two months old. They learnt the true definition of Instant Karma.

Clayton Crasto is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2022, 21:13   #1539
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay6988 View Post
So I got my Creta serviced yesterday at Somani Hyundai, Baramati, odometer reads 71xx kms.
So I got the 3rd servicing done today, as car has run 17100 kms so far (10k since last servicing in December , 21) and I was feeling the car wasn't driving "smooth", was hearing coarse engine sound. SA said that it'd be fine if I drive another 2 - 3k kms before servicing but I didn't feel ok about pushing the servicing. As usual SA added AC disinfectant service, I refused and he removed it promptly. Changed engine oil, oil filter, air filter, AC filter was good so just cleaned it. Coolant level was just one notch above the "E" mark, is it normal ? I did ask them to top it up. Wheel alignment I'll get it done at a MRF tyre shop. No issues with the car, apart from some battle scars, thanks to the lovely Pune traffic
Old 22nd June 2022, 10:31   #1540
BHPian

My 2020 Hyundai Creta 1.5 NA Petrol S model has completed 30,000 kilometres today and I’m delighted to report that the overall ownership of the car been blissful overall, barring a few external factors like an accident and poorly tuned aftermarket ICE.

The car has performed reliably over these 30K kilometres and the routine maintenance has also been so far quite affordable.

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-5341861d67cc4897aac5765ba848be41.jpeg
sarav100 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th June 2022, 12:29   #1541
BHPian

So my 2016 Creta Petrol AT is 5.5 year & 35K Kms done.

The past 2 Corona years it has pretty much been standing outside in the hot Delhi sun and baking itself.

I have religiously taken out the car every week for a 10-15kms spin and for a few long road trips (about 5-6000 Kms in total)

My usage now is very minimal since I am WFH, so just mall runs or road trips.

The issue I have is with the tyres- 1-2 tires' sidewalls seem to have dried/cracked up a bit because of the prolonged standing in the hot sun.

I am okay to get 4 tires replaced but wish to get something that has better grip/handling than the current OEM Bridgestone Dueler HP Sport. 215/60/17

Wish to go with Michelin ( not sure whether they still operate or not) ,
Yokohama or even
Continentals.

Does anyone have experience with these brands and what would you guys suggest?
Old 28th June 2022, 19:26   #1542
BHPian

Seems like Hyundai has silently updated the interiors of the creta. I was in the showroom today and found the infotainment system in glossy piano black finish. The finish extends right upto the gear box. If I remember it right, it was plastic dull finish earlier both near air conditioner vents in the center and below as well.

I checked multiple times with sales advisor if it was any special edition or knight edition but then he denied it was any such edition. It seems like interiors are updated on the creta. Vehicle in the picture is SX (O) iVT variant.

Apologies if I am missing something here.

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-creta1.jpg

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-creta2.jpg

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-creta3.jpg

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-creta4.jpg

Last edited by Aditya : 30th June 2022 at 11:25. Reason: Watermarks added
vijay.s is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 29th June 2022, 13:02   #1543

Dear fellow Creta owners, just clocked the first 1000 KM on my SX(O) Diesel AT.

I have couple of questions, would appreciate if you could help on the same:
  • I live in Mumbai, and quite often commute in bumper to bumper traffic. When on traffic signals, often I keep the car in D mode with brakes pressed, at times I use the auto hold. Would this put additional pressure on the engine and should I move the car to N every time I stop? Honestly, this would defy the purpose of owning an automatic though.
  • Monsoons have just started here, and suddenly I hear a small irritating sound every time I apply brakes, again is this normal with disc brakes?
  • If the pressure in the tyres fall, will the TPMS display a warning automatically or do I need to keep toggling the display on instrument cluster to follow TPMS?
  • Lastly, while at the fuel pump today morning, the executive over there tried to sell “Toyota Diesel Injector Cleaner” to me. He said it keeps the vehicle condition good and improves fuel economy. For the 250 ml bottle, he quoted Rs 580, pic attached. Any comments on this?

Name:  Toyota Diesel Injector Cleaner.jpg
Views: 1683
Size:  3.8 KB
Old 29th June 2022, 20:11   #1544
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarav100 View Post
I got my 2020 Creta S 1.5 NA Petrol car’s 30000 km service done today. Since this was the car’s first paid service, it costed me 4100 INR inclusive of all charges.
A regular service paid or free will include Mineral or Semi Synthetic as the default top up. Engine oil is usually the item which costs the most. Had you opted for Fully Synthetic engine oil then the same bill would have gone to 6-7k roughly.
You are lucky that the ASS did not charge you for unnecessary items like interior cleaning and Teflon coating and all that stuff which also helps in keeping the actual bill amount in check.
When I got the 4th service my bill was roughly 7000 Inr.
Artyom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th June 2022, 11:31   #1545
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijay.s View Post
Seems like Hyundai has silently updated the interiors of the creta. I was in the showroom today and found the infotainment system in glossy piano black finish. The finish extends right upto the gear box. If I remember it right, it was plastic dull finish earlier both near air conditioner vents in the center and below as well.
Hyundai updated Creta in the month of APR’22 with few cosmetic changes. We even have an article in team-bhp regarding this. Apart from piano black inserts in the dashboard/steering wheel, the gap between split tail lights is now finished in black irrespective of the body colour and tail light assembly has some amount of black tint on it. Mine is APR’22 manufactured and hosts these changes.
bwildrd#1 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed