Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2022, 14:27   #1576
BHPian

Creta Petrol IVT, 1200 km ownership review

Hello folks...

After 8 years with Wagon-R and life-long with Maruti, on 3rd July, we got delivery of our Creta PETROL IVT SX (O).

The hunt for a new car started in Aug'21 and after multiple TDs, and multiple bookings, thanks to a cancellation we got our car in less than weeks from the time a Dealer reached out.

Thanks to the whole family of TEAM BHP, where I asked and was able to clear numerous queries of mine. This community is fab!

Here is initial impression of this beauty -

PROS
1. It's a LEAP in terms of overall driving experience, comfort and ownership experience coming from a Wagon-R.
2. Automatic (IVT) is a life changing driving experience. I am doing WFO more often just to experience the drive
3. Crawl feature in Bangalore traffic is such a nice thing to have
4. Car is very zippy, super smooth
5. Brings smiles to me and my family every time we are in it.
6. Whoeever sits behind LOVES the panaromic sunroof, my kid especially!

Some niggles
1. There is 1-2 seconds of lag from 10-14 speed, after which it flies
2. At times I get the message "Accessory" due to which the car doesn't get locked with remote. The only recourse is to switch off and again start, again off and then unlock. Not sure why this is happening. Perhaps cos I don't put the lever to P this is occurring?
3. Getting mileage between 12.5-14...not sure if this is less or expected or more.

One question to all - my 1st service is due around 1500 which I will cross in the next 10-15 days. And I have a 600 km odd Tirupati trip coming in Aug end. Should I give it for service before or after my Tirupati trip?

Last edited by Eddy : 7th August 2022 at 16:42. Reason: Extra smiley
anirudhbb is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2022, 21:25   #1577
Senior - BHPian

Re: Creta Petrol IVT, 1200 km ownership review

Quote:
Originally Posted by anirudhbb View Post

One question to all - my 1st service is due around 1500 which I will cross in the next 10-15 days. And I have a 600 km odd Tirupati trip coming in Aug end. Should I give it for service before or after my Tirupati trip?
First free service is 2 months or 1500km whichever comes first. You can do the service between 1000-1500 km if you plan to take a long trip and may overshoot the 2 months window or 1500km mark due to your outstation journey.

First service is just some basic check up and wash so if you are going to be well within 2 months or 1500km when you return, then you can do it after your trip.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 2nd August 2022 at 21:28.
Old 3rd August 2022, 18:45   #1578
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Is there a remap for the Diesel 1.5? I know there was one for the older Diesel 1.6.

I did search online and there seems to be none.
Old 4th August 2022, 20:46   #1579
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Hi there,
Im considering an automatic gearbox for my next upgrade, preferably a torque convertor (TC). However, Hyundai India doesn't provide a TC with petrol engine. My question is for 1k per month usage, is it worth to go with a diesel engine? Please advise.
IamThat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2022, 21:27   #1580
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamThat View Post
Hi there,
Im considering an automatic gearbox for my next upgrade, preferably a torque convertor (TC). However, Hyundai India doesn't provide a TC with petrol engine. My question is for 1k per month usage, is it worth to go with a diesel engine? Please advise.
BS-6 diesel engine has a tendancy of exhaust filter clogging, you can look up thread on DPF issues.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...ml#post5371025 (BS6 Diesel Car owners - Your experience with DPF / SCR / AdBlue here)

If your usage is mostly city drives and only occasional highway runs, then you can consider petrol for the peace of mind. It is sad that Hyundai /Kia doesn't provide petrol TC for Creta/Seltos.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 4th August 2022 at 21:30.
Aviator_guy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th August 2022, 21:27   #1581
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamThat View Post
Hi there,
Considering the price difference between petrol and diesel in the top spec automatic variants of the Hyundai Creta and Kia Seltos , you may go with either. Test drive both and make a decision. The slick shifting turbo DCT against the frugal Diesel Torque Converter AT.

As far as I was concerned we booked the Diesel AT Kia Sonet, it's the same one that does duties on the Seltos and Creta too.
Old 6th August 2022, 18:03   #1582

Quote:
Originally Posted by madaan.aman View Post
Hi,

Did you get the delivery? If so did you opt for the 360 camera?

I am about to get the delivery in next 2 weeks and the dealer is offering the same 360 camera (by DHC) for 38000/- which includes 3000/- for the 3 years of warranty.

Thanks
Hi,
My apologies for replying late. Yes, i did get my delivery of Creta SXO IVT couple of days back. Some hits and misses but it went fine. I am definitely happier than i was couple of days back.

On the 360 degree camera, i did not opt for it. The dealer quoted me a similar price. I would assume that one can get about 15-20% discount on that (based on my discussion with accessories guy). However, i watched some videos and it requires too much of wiring / disassembly / re-assembly in the car (as also suggested by another BHPian on my question) and at this point i do not want any of that with my new prized possession.

Also, my parking space is just fine. In comparison to my previous brio, which i could park in one shot, i have to reverse my car once to fit between the two building pillars. But i am able to manage. In my opinion, please evaluate your day-to-day parking and decide based on that. I dont think driving on road requires a 360 camera.

regards,
Vivek
vsm_bang is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th August 2022, 16:36   #1583
BHPian

Hi,
Does anyone have a review/feedback/ advice about the Creta S IMT, 1.5 NA petrol ?

My cousin is keen on getting it, and is toggling between that and a corresponding version of Seltos.

Any reviews or pointers for the same would be greatly helpful.

Thane dealer is quoting 14.6L for the the Creta S IMT.

- Slick
Old 7th August 2022, 17:12   #1584
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick View Post
Hi,
Does anyone have a review/feedback/ advice about the Creta S IMT, 1.5 NA petrol ?

My cousin is keen on getting it, and is toggling between that and a corresponding version of Seltos.

Any reviews or pointers for the same would be greatly helpful.

Thane dealer is quoting 14.6L for the the Creta S IMT.

- Slick
I guess you are comparing the Hyundai Creta S 1.5 Petrol iMT with the Kia Seltos HTK Plus 1.5 iMT

The Seltos gets alloy wheels and 6 airbags as standard over steel wheels and 2 airbags IN the Creta.
The Seltos gets Brake Assist,ESP and Hill Descent Control which the Creta lacks.
The Creta does not get a Sunroof in this variant in the iMT whereas the Seltos gets a small electric Sunroof.
The Creta gets LED taillights over Halogens in the Seltos.
The Seltos gets wireless android auto and apple carplay whereas the Creta has wired android auto and apple carplay

Do test drive both before taking a decision
itsmeparvathy9 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th August 2022, 17:20   #1585
BHPian

@itsmeparvathy9,

Thank you for the information.
Any idea how is the IMT in these model ? Is it a reliable box?
Asking since it looks like a recently added option.

- Slick
Old 7th August 2022, 17:24   #1586
BHPian

If its showing Accessory in the MID, it means the car is running in Accessory mode without the Engine being started. You can press the power button once without pressing the Brakes to turn the car off completely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anirudhbb View Post
Hello folks...

2. At times I get the message "Accessory" due to which the car doesn't get locked with remote. The only recourse is to switch off and again start, again off and then unlock. Not sure why this is happening. Perhaps cos I don't put the lever to P this is occurring?
TechLiveMANA is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th August 2022, 09:31   #1587
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechLiveMANA View Post
If its showing Accessory in the MID, it means the car is running in Accessory mode without the Engine being started. You can press the power button once without pressing the Brakes to turn the car off completely.
This I have not tried, thanks!
Old 8th August 2022, 14:43   #1588
BHPian

Has anyone upgraded their LED setup on the Creta? The stock lights are just not enough even for city driving and it gets worse in the rains due to the white light. Need recommendations for something which is much better.
Old 13th August 2022, 20:13   #1589
Senior - BHPian

Recently the low tyre pressure warning lit up on the dashboard (it is low line TPMS). First time I got the air filled at a petrol pump and warning went away, only to reappear again the next day. Got it checked and nail was found. After fixing it and running for few minutes, warning went away. All this while there was no alert or anything reported in the Bluelink app. It kept showing car is in healthy state. It makes me wonder, doesn't the bluelink have feature to detect and report low tyre pressure warning ? If not, then it is such miss to not have a basic warning feautre on this good for nothing app! All tyres can have puncture and the app will keep showing "all izz well"

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 13th August 2022 at 20:17.
Old 15th August 2022, 08:47   #1590
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
All tyres can have puncture and the app will keep showing "all izz well"
In my case, it shows an alert of the specific tyre in which the pressure is low. May be its with only highline TPMS.

Most Viewed