Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 5th September 2022, 11:50   #1606
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

I got my 3rd service done for creata SXO Diesel @15k kms. The service center did only following:
1. air filter for engine replacement and engine oil.
2. Cabin AC filter
3. Check electricals
4. No water wash - only dry wash available (that is sure to make your car cry due to scratches). I let it go for I shall get it done outside.
5. HU firmware and maps update.
6. Engine codes update via OBD2 to take care of DPF.

Changes observed:
1. Engine is dead silent and smooth.
2. Mileage figures have improved.

They skipped applying lubricant to doors and all other hindges. Need to visit again.
Updated the service center about the useless trio beam headlight, they said they cannot do anything about it.
The JK tires are really sloppy ones out there I feel. Every time I find one or the other puncture. Not sure if is it due to their rubber or bad quality. Would upgrade to Michleans after 15k more km.

Rest - the car drives very smoothly and has one of the best noise insulation to drive calmly from Bangalore's mad traffic.
Anandg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th September 2022, 18:47   #1607

Re: Creta Petrol IVT, 1200 km ownership review

Quote:
Originally Posted by easyrider View Post
[*]Insurance (how/where to get it from for a lower rate?, I have an NCB of 45% from my current insurance for i10)
I can comment on the insurance bit from my recent experience.

* I took delivery of my Creta DCT SX(O) in May 2022.

* I had max 50% NCB on my 8 year old Dzire, latest policy was from Acko.

* When I contacted Acko how can I transfer my NCB to the new car's policy, they said it can either be done when the Dzire's
registration is transferred to a new buyer (I sold my car through Ola Cars, so I didn't know when the ownership will be transferred to the new buyer) OR I can surrender NCB on the current policy, get an updated policy for Dzire without NCB, and in exchange Acko will give me an NCB certificate which I can produce to the new insurer to get 50% NCB benefit. Since my NCB benefit was just ~Rs 500 on the old policy, I didn't debate much and paid that to Acko, got a revised policy (which I shared with Ola while selling my car), and received the NCB Certificate, all within a few days.

* I got a quote from HDFC Ergo which was around Rs 38k including 50% NCB benefit.

* Dealer originally shared an insurance quote of Rs 90k+ (excl any NCB benefit, no premium breakup was shared). I obviously pushed back and shared the HDFC quote with the dealer (Trident Hyundai).

* Dealer promised they will try to get me some discount on the premium but did not openly discuss anything till delivery date was finalized. I kept pushing that I will buy policy from outside unless they match the quote though I was mentally prepared to pay extra premium if it came to that, rather than delaying delivery much.

* Dealer finally shared a detailed quote, where the quote was reduced to Rs 62k with 50% NCB benefit on own damage premium (after I shared the NCB Certificate from Acko). Dealer further said they will give me Rs 30k discount on the invoice from their side in lieu of the higher insurance premium.

* I am not sure if taking a discount on invoice value is sensible (does it reduce the car value for the future??), but net net, I got the insurance for Rs 32k (62k - 30k discount), thats 6k lower than what I was getting from HDFC. So overall a happy ending!

Last edited by Eddy : 7th September 2022 at 18:54. Reason: Spacing for better readability
sudeepmehrotra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th September 2022, 21:57   #1608
BHPian

Hello everyone, this is to inform you about the alleged fraudulent activity committed by a Hyundai dealership. I am quoting the following verbatim from the Facebook post of one Mr. Sandeep Saraf who posted this on a Creta group :-

"I have booked a creta 2021 sx (o) model in the month of December 2021. I have the booking details and booking booklet with me but unfortunately, I lost my receipt so they are saying that it can't be considered now. they are asking me to book it again and there is no refundable amount ( Rs 21,000 )from my last booking which I paid. I have shown them my bank statement of the amount debited from my account to their showroom name. But they are not ready to listen.
They have asked me to courier back the booking booklet which I had with me as I was in my native then they will refund my amount. But after receiving the booklet they are saying they are not going to refund the amount.
I even told them that I am going to file a case against the showroom but the salesmen asked me to go ahead they don't care.
They were supposed to deliver the car in 9 months. but when the delivery time came they have shown their real face.
Such a fraud. I have lost my booking amount.
My only suggestion is not to book any vehicle from this Bannerghatta Main Rd, opposite Brand Factory, Bilekahalli, Bengaluru showroom. They are cheaters.
Sales Person name: Santhosh Kumar
Salesperson phone number: 9880289271
#FraudCase
#FraudAlert
#HyundaiIndia
#Hyundai
#hyundaifraud
#fraudbooking
"

Mr. Sandeep Saraf has also attached the proof of acknowledgment of the booking (image below) in the comments' section of the aforementioned post :-

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-tbhp.jpg
Chhanda Das is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th September 2022, 10:29   #1609
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudeepmehrotra View Post
I can comment on the insurance bit from my recent experience.
May I know which Trident Hyundai did you get your car from? Appreciate, if you can share the Sales person details via DM.

Last edited by Axe77 : 7th September 2022 at 11:47. Reason: Trimming quoted text
Old 7th September 2022, 11:34   #1610

Quote:
Originally Posted by easyrider View Post
May I know which Trident Hyundai did you get your car from? Appreciate, if you can share the Sales person details via DM.
This was Trident Hyundai, Hosur Road. I must say that I faced delivery miscommunications / delays from this dealer too (as is everywhere) and I had to escalate to Hyundai also, but towards the end, the delivery experience was quite peaceful. I could get a discount on insurance, I wasn't forced or pushed much for accessories and other such issues that people generally face elsewhere.
Will DM you the details.
Old 7th September 2022, 18:33   #1611

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col Mehta View Post
Hyundai Creta centre console creaking noise fixed, well almost!

So as most of us know, Hyundai decided to drop their standards and use pathetic cheap plastics on its Creta - yes, we're talking about that notorious centre console creaking noise which has been annoying us from day 1.

In the meantime, however, these guys informed that there is a "fix" which has come from Hyundai to reduce/eliminate the creaking noise from the centre console. Basically some foam/double tape is applied on the console internal locks. This helps in greatly reducing the internal flexing which produces the noise.
I had a similar experience recently when I highlighted the constant creaking sound to the service center during my first service. The SA told me that Hyundai has recently started advising to apply this foam tape to all places where the center console inserts into the main body. At first, they only pulled out the AC control panel to apply this, but when the sound continued for a week, they ripped open the entire console, spent close to 3 hours applying this tape to all possible contact points and fixed it. Since then, I have driven about 1500km on all sorts of roads (including a road trip to Goa) and I have noticed creaking sound only for very very limited time, which used to be quite frequent before this.
Needless to say, this seems to be a hacky solution from Hyundai, but seems to address the problem to a large extent.
I have still kept the conversation open with the SA that I am observing the noise now and will come back if it re-emerges. The SA also stated if its a particular part related problem, I need not worry since everything is under warranty and will be replaced if required.

Attaching some photos below, if you notice closely, you can see grey / white coloured tapes applied at various points in one of the pics.

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-img20220730125016.jpg

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-img20220730124016.jpg

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-img20220730125007.jpg

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-img20220730124133.jpg
sudeepmehrotra is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 7th September 2022, 19:06   #1612
agm
BHPian

Quote:
I had a similar experience recently when I highlighted the constant creaking sound to the service center during my first service. The SA told me that Hyundai has recently started advising to apply this foam tape to all places where the center console inserts into the main body.

Hi! Although this should not be the case with any vehicle, especially one like Creta which costs almost 2million. But happy that Hyundai is proactively working on the issue and trying to sort it out to owners satisfaction.
Yours is a diesel or petrol Creta?

Have booked Creta IVT, which will hopefully be delivered to me this month. Wish they’ve got rid of all these problem with new Creta and I won’t have to go through this ordeal.

Would like to know if this issue is faced by majority of the Creta owners or minuscule number of vehicle is affected by this? I already see two post related to it in this very page, including yours.

Last edited by Turbanator : 7th September 2022 at 21:51. Reason: Please quote only relevant portion. Trimmed quoted post
agm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th September 2022, 19:18   #1613

Quote:
Originally Posted by agm View Post
Hi! Although this should not be the case with any vehicle, especially one like Creta which costs almost 2million. But happy that Hyundai is proactively working on the issue and trying to sort it out to owners satisfaction.
Yours is a diesel or petrol Creta?

Have booked Creta IVT, which will hopefully be delivered to me this month. Wish they’ve got rid of all these problem with new Creta and I won’t have to go through this ordeal.

Would like to know if this issue is faced by majority of the Creta owners or minuscule number of vehicle is affected by this? I already see two post related to it in this very page, including yours.
Mine is a SX(O) DCT (petrol) delivered in May 2022. I wouldn't want to disappoint you in advance but the SA mentioned that this is a relatively new problem they have heard of since Hyundai started providing the all-glossy plastic center console, though in the pictures of the previous post, I could notice matt plastic console, so this may not be entirely true. Having said that, the plastic quality is definitely average at best and not expected in a car this costly.
sudeepmehrotra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2022, 19:59   #1614
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agm View Post
Would like to know if this issue is faced by majority of the Creta owners or minuscule number of vehicle is affected by this?
I have a 2 year old diesel SXO AT and I too face the 'creaky sound from center console' issue.
It is widely reported in forum, facebook etc and looks like very few might escape the issue.

My car is currently at 22K Kms and I started getting the issue from around 7-8K Kms.

Below review of 2022 Tuscon (at 2:46) mentions a wobbly center console, which I believe will lead to similar issue (although I do not have any evidence of the same as of now, so I may be wrong here).

srikanthmadhava is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th September 2022, 21:53   #1615
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Attaching some photos below, if you notice closely, you can see grey / white coloured tapes applied at various points in one of the pics.
Little OT, but 4 persons attending to this Job Wonder what will be costs of doing such work elsewhere in the world, $25-30 per person per Hour

Last edited by Turbanator : 8th September 2022 at 07:34. Reason: Added $
Old 7th September 2022, 23:35   #1616

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Little OT, but 4 persons attending to this Job Wonder what will be costs of doing such work elsewhere in the world, 25-30 per person per Hour
Well yeah it was quite an intricate work. Just pulling out the entire thing and taking each small piece apart needed care and caution. But it wasn't a 4 man job, mostly 2 folks for a few hours. Rest was supervisory stuff. But I do appreciate the effort put in by the technicians.
sudeepmehrotra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2022, 01:03   #1617
BHPian

Quote:
The creaking noise from the centre console isn't limited to any batch/year of manufacturing. We have another Creta SX(O) DCT in our extended family, bought in October 2020, which has the same issue. Even the Alcazar has the same noise from the centre console - irrespective of batch/year of manufacturing.
Col Mehta is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2022, 08:33   #1618
BHPian

Hi All, Have booked a Creta SX O Diesel 1.5 AT in July 2022 and dealer called me yesterday to inform that vehicle will be delivered by 25th September 2022 as they have got the allocation list from Hyundai. The colour is Polar white.

Could you please share the PDI checklist as well as any other aspects to be looked at during the purchase process?
Old 9th September 2022, 16:23   #1619
BHPian

Are they able to fit it back to factory finish? I am in two minds about living with the creaking noise or taking the risk to have to dismantle stuff for this fix.
Old 9th September 2022, 17:42   #1620
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by couswheels View Post
Hi All, Have booked a Creta SX O Diesel 1.5 AT in July 2022 and dealer called me yesterday to inform that vehicle will be delivered by 25th September 2022 as they have got the allocation list from Hyundai. The colour is Polar white.

Could you please share the PDI checklist as well as any other aspects to be looked at during the purchase process?
Congratulations on getting your car alloted! The car in Polar White looks good. It wasn't our first choice, but it has grown on us and doesn't take hours of detailing and maintenance. Here is the link to teambhp PDI checklist link:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buyin...ck-list-2.html (ARTICLE: Pre-delivery Inspection (PDI) & Check List)

The checklist is exhaustive and covers the things one should check. Just take a second look at the paperwork for errors/typos though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpeshc View Post
Are they able to fit it back to factory finish? I am in two minds about living with the creaking noise or taking the risk to have to dismantle stuff for this fix.
The SA in our case was experienced and skillful. This resulted in good workmanship, and the fit and finish remained top notch with no scratches or misalignment. This was definitely one of our concerns and we are very much satisfied with the work. I would recommend getting this job done ONLY when you know that your car is in safe hands.
Col Mehta is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed