Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2022, 19:30   #1621

Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpeshc View Post
Are they able to fit it back to factory finish? I am in two minds about living with the creaking noise or taking the risk to have to dismantle stuff for this fix.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Col Mehta View Post

The SA in our case was experienced and skillful. This resulted in good workmanship, and the fit and finish remained top notch with no scratches or misalignment. This was definitely one of our concerns and we are very much satisfied with the work. I would recommend getting this job done ONLY when you know that your car is in safe hands.
I agree, if there's somehow you can ensure the technicians are experienced enough, go for it. In my case as well, the fitting back has been pretty clean with no incremental problems observed.
Old 9th September 2022, 22:28   #1622
Senior - BHPian

I am currently facing an Infotainment screen issue in my Creta, which happened literally all of a sudden a few days ago. It just starts up, hangs for a few seconds and goes blank. Showed it to the ASC. They said they have taken it up with the vendor, if there is no solution provided they will replace the screen as part of warranty. Its a strange issue, the camera works fine, but nothing else does. What's more weird is that they are unable to diagnose the issue. So I am, for now, equipped with a perfectly ok 'mechanical' car with zero entertainment. Perhaps the Creta got a whiff of my booking the Tiago and is making a protest out of jealousy !

Last edited by fhdowntheline : 9th September 2022 at 22:31.
Old 10th September 2022, 14:24   #1623
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhdowntheline View Post
I am currently facing an Infotainment screen issue in my Creta, which happened literally all of a sudden a few days ago. It just starts up, hangs for a few seconds and goes blank. Showed it to the ASC. They said they have taken it up with the vendor, if there is no solution provided they will replace the screen as part of warranty. Its a strange issue, the camera works fine, but nothing else does. What's more weird is that they are unable to diagnose the issue. So I am, for now, equipped with a perfectly ok 'mechanical' car with zero entertainment. Perhaps the Creta got a whiff of my booking the Tiago and is making a protest out of jealousy !
In my opinion it's a software glitch which could be resolved by factory reset of the infotainment screen.
PrathamTSI7DSG is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th September 2022, 14:38   #1624
BHPian

There is a reset button on the bottom right corner on the main EU. Press it for 4-5 seconds and the display resets. Also in your next service you can get he EU updated with new firmware for system and MAPS. This also shall help.
Old 21st September 2022, 18:05   #1625
agm
BHPian

Hi!

Today I received a call from the local dealership where I had made the booking for Creta SXo IVT in the month of June. They told me the car has been allocated to them for this month and within next couple of days they’ll share the VIN number with me and car will arrive within a week.

SA to whom I spoke this morning requested me to make the full payment for the vehicle after they provide me with VIN number. I categorically refused to do that without thorough PDI, but she kept insisting.

Later received a WhatsApp msg from her explaining me that in the past owner of the dealership gave the car to someone whom he knew by taking full payment as the customer who was suppose to get that vehicle delayed clearing the full payment. I politely told her the day vehicle will arrive I’ll do a proper PDI and if everything seems fine I’ll transfer the full amount. She told me she’ll get back to me. Guide me as to what I should do in this case? Make the Full payment after receiving the VIN and tell them to only go ahead with the paper work once I do the PDI?

Also, even after telling them multiple times at the time of booking that I won’t be going for SOT(rs 9999), Teflon coating(16k), silencer coating/rodent spray(2.5k) & accessories worth 17k, SA is continuously “requesting” me to take all this.
Old 21st September 2022, 18:55   #1626
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agm View Post
Hi!

Today I received a call from the local dealership where I had made the booking for Creta SXo IVT in the month of June. They told me the car has been allocated to them for this month and within next couple of days they’ll share the VIN number with me and car will arrive within a week.

SA to whom I spoke this morning requested me to make the full payment for the vehicle after they provide me with VIN number. I categorically refused to do that without thorough PDI, but she kept insisting.

Later received a WhatsApp msg from her explaining me that in the past owner of the dealership gave the car to someone whom he knew by taking full payment as the customer who was suppose to get that vehicle delayed clearing the full payment. I politely told her the day vehicle will arrive I’ll do a proper PDI and if everything seems fine I’ll transfer the full amount. She told me she’ll get back to me. Guide me as to what I should do in this case? Make the Full payment after receiving the VIN and tell them to only go ahead with the paper work once I do the PDI?

Also, even after telling them multiple times at the time of booking that I won’t be going for SOT(rs 9999), Teflon coating(16k), silencer coating/rodent spray(2.5k) & accessories worth 17k, SA is continuously “requesting” me to take all this.
Unfortunately, many dealers are using this pressure tactics for high demand SX(O) IVT model. It is sad but it could happen that they can "conveniently" allot the car to someone else who apparently would have offered to pay full amount upfront! I'd say if VIN is shared with you (email) and it is recent batch only (it should be within one month), you can release the payment on condition that they will do RTO process only after you do PDI and if anything wrong then they will assign you another car. I don't think there is anything more you can do than to walk away from the deal!
Aviator_guy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st September 2022, 19:13   #1627
agm
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
Unfortunately, many dealers are using this pressure tactics for high demand SX(O) IVT model. It is sad but it could happen that they can "conveniently" allot the car to someone else who apparently would have offered to pay full amount upfront! I'd say if VIN is shared with you (email) and it is recent batch only (it should be within one month), you can release the payment on condition that they will do RTO process only after you do PDI and if anything wrong then they will assign you another car. I don't think there is anything more you can do than to walk away from the deal!
Unfortunately due to lack of any other option(s) I don’t want to walk away from this. Also, if I’ll cancel this booking and go through same process again with some other dealer I’ll have to wait at least 3-4 months, which I really don’t want.

I really don’t understand this hoopla. Since I’m not getting it financed and will make payment instantly once the PDI goes smoothly, this should not be any issue with them and I have conveyed the same to SA. I’ll go to dealership once they share VIN with me and make them understand.

I have not said a word(bargain) regarding insurance as I know what the outcome would be if I refuse to take it from them but what I should do about Teflon coating, SOT & accessories? I don’t think other than mudflaps & floor mats I’ll need any other accessory.
Old 21st September 2022, 19:53   #1628
BHPian

Quote:
I have not said a word(bargain) regarding insurance as I know what the outcome would be if I refuse to take it from them but what I should do about Teflon coating, SOT & accessories? I don’t think other than mudflaps & floor mats I’ll need any other accessory.
Its sad to see that Dealers are literally threatening customers using Insurance as a weapon. Since you are anyways making a full and final payment without financing maybe you can talk to the SA about the insurance quote and ask him to at least match a bit with what you are getting outside.The biggest profit they earn is from Insurance so at least give it a try.I bought it from outside and the SA was OK with it but then that was 3 years ago. Situation has gotten worse now i suppose.
For Insurance ask them to share the quote so that you can pick and choose the addons you need and not what they want to sell. At least you can remove the unnecessary ones to save some money if at all you are buying from them.Teflon Coating and accessories are just another way to mint more money so you can deny taking them.SOT and Extended warranty is what even i would suggest you to go for and try to max it out . SOT I guess you can get for 5 years/60k and extended warranty can be purchased for 7 years max(For Petrol vehicles Only) and 5 years for Diesel. There are multiple slabs like X year/Y Kilometers which you can decide upon based upon your running.
Artyom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2022, 20:57   #1629
agm
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artyom View Post
SOT and Extended warranty is what even i would suggest you to go for and try to max it out . SOT I guess you can get for 5 years/60k and extended warranty can be purchased for 7 years max(For Petrol vehicles Only) and 5 years for Diesel. There are multiple slabs like X year/Y Kilometers which you can decide upon based upon your running.
Thanks for your input, it’ll be of great help!

I’m already going for 5 years extended warranty. Although had asked for 7 years but the SA is clueless about it. According to SA SOT is only available for the first 2 years. Some of the basic things are included in it like clutch, wiper blade etc and if any of these things which comes under SOT goes bad will be replaced without any extra cost.

Last edited by agm : 21st September 2022 at 21:01.
agm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2022, 21:45   #1630
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for your input, it’ll be of great help!

I’m already going for 5 years extended warranty. Although had asked for 7 years but the SA is clueless about it. According to SA SOT is only available for the first 2 years. Some of the basic things are included in it like clutch, wiper blade etc and if any of these things which comes under SOT goes bad will be replaced without any extra cost.
Looks like the SA is not aware of the 7 year Extended warranty.. Again the 7 year Extend warranty is ONLY for Petrol vehicles so keep that in mind.As far as SOT is concerned when we bought Venue last year we went for the max coverage and it was 5 years or 60k Kilometers.. I am not sure if the duration of SOT you can buy depends on different models.I highly doubt that to be honest so better check with the SA again.SOT prices you will only come to know once the vehicle is registered on your name as in you can buy SOT once the sale of the vehicle is completed.The reason we bought SOT was for the same reason as you mentioned above. Please go through the below link and it shows the prices for the extended warranty.
https://www.hyundai.com/in/en/connec...-warranty#none

Last edited by Artyom : 21st September 2022 at 21:46.
Artyom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2022, 12:00   #1631
BHPian

You can also do part payment like 60% and then tell them that once i do PDI, I shall do the remaining 40% immediately.
Also, I would say go with underbody coating as it would stay longer on a new car with no dirt underneath it.
5 years warranty is good enough. You never know what happens to tech after 5 years.

Even for me, 2 years before when I got my car a guy in the Adivaith dealership came out of nowhere threatening me to allocate my car to someone if I did not buy insurance. That altercation even leads to that guy coming to fight with me physically. He was stopped by other colleagues. So they can stoop at any level to get the money. I got loan from them but insurance from outside.

With Hyundai, you cannot do much about the tantrums of dealers as they have offer no help/support or central email and number that you can use to complain about dealers. The one that they give you for support is nothing but a call redirection center to the dealer only. You call that number and they shall say say "let me connect you to a senior person" and that person would be from the same dealership you had problems with. So you are the mercy of the dealership.The only time someone from Hyundai shall contact you is for getting feedback after you get your car serviced.

This is just the opposite of how Maruti pampers its customers. Just one call/email and the dealer is on his toes doing ballet for you.

Last edited by Anandg : 22nd September 2022 at 12:02.
Anandg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2022, 12:21   #1632
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anandg View Post

Even for me, 2 years before when I got my car a guy in the Adivaith dealership came out of nowhere threatening me to allocate my car to someone if I did not buy insurance. That altercation even leads to that guy coming to fight with me physically. He was stopped by other colleagues. So they can stoop at any level to get the money. I got loan from them but insurance from outside.

This is just the opposite of how Maruti pampers its customers. Just one call/email and the dealer is on his toes doing ballet for you.
Oh man! I too had a very bad experience with Advaith sales team. I got my own insurance and they kept saying it was invalid. I had to fight it out with their management (thankfully just over the phone). I don't know how they are one of the biggest and most popular dealer across country. I only hear horror stories about their sales experience and no clarity on delivery.
Aviator_guy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2022, 13:09   #1633
BHPian

Trust me, the way Hyundai works is it gives full liberty to its dealers, and still stands as a top dealer in India esp. in front of customer-centric Maruti, which is a miracle. Try to reach out to Hyundai on any of their toll-free numbers and you shall be talking to a dealer only. As they are the second biggest in India, they get to carry out what they want. Unless the transport ministry makes toll-free support and related mandatory by car manufacturers like Maruthi, these dealers shall always have the upper hand in controlling all the sources where they can get money from you.
Anandg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2022, 17:34   #1634
agm
BHPian

Thank a ton all you amazing fellow bhpians for your precious suggestions & inputs. Really appreciate

Today, in the morning had a long conversation with SA and they’re not ready to budge. So, the end result is I’ve accepted the way things are and realised I’m in no position to dictate terms.

By tomorrow or latest by Saturday I’ll have the VIN. Have told SA that will make the full payment on Monday(26th Navratri) and she was perfectly ok with it. Since my mother is very particular about the day/date(tithi) have requested her to get all the paper work done once I give the green signal after PDI, because I want the delivery on Dussehra(5th oct). She told me it won’t take more than 3 days for them to get every thing done.

I’m attaching a rough copy shared to me by SA this morning, which I shall pay to them by Monday. She forgot to subtract 25k which was paid to them while making the booking. Will be adjusted at the time of final payment.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Creta : Official Review-ab460a5c8a6b463880eb9152f9563169.jpeg  

Last edited by agm : 22nd September 2022 at 17:39.
Old 22nd September 2022, 17:57   #1635
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you all great fellow bhpians for your precious inputs!

Today, in the morning had a long conversation with SA and they’re not ready to budge. So, the end result is I’ve accepted the way things are and realised I’m in no position to dictate terms.

By tomorrow or latest by Saturday I’ll have the VIN. Have told SA that will make the full payment on Monday(26th Navratri) and she was perfectly ok with it. Since my mother is very particular about the day/date(tithi) have requested her to get all the paper work done once I give the green signal after PDI, because I want the delivery on Dussehra(5th oct). She told me it won’t take more than 3 days for them to get every thing done.

I’m attaching a rough copy shared to me by SA this morning, which I shall pay to them by Monday. She forgot to subtract 25k which was paid to them while making the booking. Will be adjusted at the time of final payment.
28K rupees of outright daylight robbery.Even for the Insurance they would be earning 5-8k so roughly 33-35k you have to shell out just because the dealers are class leading thugs. My heart goes out for you brother.
Ill be honest if spending this additional amount gives you the peace of mind and makes you a happy man on the day of delivery as you are getting the delivery of your dream vehicle then go for it eyes closed. And i say that with due respect and without any sarcasm.However if deep down you feel this is cheating and you feel you are being ripped off for no fault of yours then better look elsewhere. Why don't you take a look at Seltos (Similar variant will cost you almost the same). I say this with an assumption that Kia folks will be professional and wont rip you off AND assuming you are ok with Seltos.You are spending 20.71 Lakhs and in this budget I am sure you would have other options available as well so why don't you check them out. Anyways you are mentally prepared to shell that amount of money. Right?I dont intend to confuse or discourage you instead i am trying to point out that with that much money you have other options also available in market which can be considered rather than getting ripped off. Just give it a thought and if still you feel that the current purchase is what you want go ahead my best wishes are with you along with million miles on your new ride.
Artyom is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks