Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2020, 20:51   #151
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandatrooper View Post
I went to the other dealership today and there was a stark contrast in the experience. The dealership was not only ready to accommodate my interests without any hesitation but also offered me basic accessories as freebies
In Gurgaon too I faced a similar situation. While one dealer kept promising he would do the best "possible" from his side (while subtly hinting at the fact that Creta is a hot sell), another immediately offered removing basic kit, coating and matching online quotes for insurance. I intend to go with this second dealer to book a silver Petrol SX(MT) tomorrow.
There's a lot of deviation for on-road prices as per the price sheets available at each dealer. This is mostly in the RTO/Road Taxes/Fast Tag/HSRP section (for which they do not provide a break up) and Insurance section (which is not up for negotiation easily, especially with a hot sell like Creta), as usual. Also, In order to give a negotiation win to the customer, they have added an absurdly priced Ceramic Coating, which of course they are happy to exclude for you if you agree to buy the basic kit. So, it definitely makes sense to do a sanity check across dealers to keep these inflated prices in check.
RocketRaccoon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th October 2020, 16:22   #152
BHPian

My dealer (Himgiri Hyundai, Dlishad Garden) is offering front parking camera as an accessory for my 1.4 DCT SX (0) at Rs. 8000. He will link it with the Hyundai infotainment system and install an operation switch on the lower left panel between steering and the screen. Car warranty will not be voided; the camera is from Hyundai OEM supplier 'Oneplug' and comes with 1 year warranty.

Do you guys think it is a good idea to get it done from the dealer or elsewhere? Are there aftermarket alternatives available at a better price which can be hooked up with the Hyundai Infotainment screen and can double up as a dash-cam?
iamitp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th October 2020, 16:42   #153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamitp View Post

Car warranty will not be voided; the camera is from Hyundai OEM supplier 'Oneplug' and comes with 1 year warranty.
This is the key. My dealer told me it will void the warranty, but then, he didn't have this camera. May be that was the reason he mentioned so. If this needs to be installed, best idea is to get installed from dealer itself which can be a ground to contest (in case warranty becomes an issue)

Generally camera cost 2-3k, so 8k seems like a good margin for the dealer

Wish to hear from fellow BHPians
deepakdograbhp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2020, 12:16   #154
Distinguished - BHPian

The Creta has garnered 115,000 bookings since its launch in mid-March! Sales cross 5.2 lakh since 2015, which means that 1 Creta is sold every 5 minutes!
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Creta : Official Review-9a8107b2037d45ba860a119cecf8691a.jpeg  

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 9th October 2020 at 12:24.
CEF_Beasts is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 9th October 2020, 13:42   #155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
The Creta has garnered 115,000 bookings since its launch in mid-March! Sales cross 5.2 lakh since 2015, which means that 1 Creta is sold every 5 minutes!
This car is even a bigger hit then the 1st gen!
I still remember the flak it had received initially when the International model was released for it’s hideous looks. Even I was amongst the one who criticised it’s looks, especially the front.

But talk about a design that grows on you. Man, my opinion is completely the opposite now. The car does look good to me, provided they have those Diamond cut wheels & not the boring grey tone wheels.
That feel-good factor of the panoramic sunroof is a big bonus & for sure is a major drawing factor for the new Creta.
Also, not to forget the dealer reach of Hyundai is much superior to that of the Kia. We have Bhpians who had to choose the Creta over Seltos primarily due to the absence of a Kia dealership in their area.

With these kinda sales of the Creta, I am pretty sure Kia will launch the facelift version of the Seltos sooner then later. And I have absolutely no doubts that it will sport the massive Pano roof.
ashvek3141 is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 9th October 2020, 14:39   #156
BHPian

After reading the 3M Nomad and 3Dspider Kagu's threads, I've shortlisted the Kagu's for my Creta.

Final price, including a 5% discount coupon and Rs. 250 shipping, comes to Rs. 8410.

Any reviews on the fitment of the Kagu's, especially with the new Creta? I don't see a return policy for fit issues.

Here's the product link -

https://3dmatsindia.com/product/new-...wccf_qv_conf=1
Old 9th October 2020, 20:17   #157
BHPian

Quote:
After reading the 3M Nomad and 3Dspider Kagu's threads, I've shortlisted the Kagu's for my Creta.

Final price, including a 5% discount coupon and Rs. 250 shipping, comes to Rs. 8410.

Any reviews on the fitment of the Kagu's, especially with the new Creta? I don't see a return policy for fit issues.

Here's the product link -

https://3dmatsindia.com/product/new-...wccf_qv_conf=1
Just curious, why are you not considering 7d mats which covers a good amount of the carpet and are
i) Easy to clean
ii) Cheaper than these options listed
iii) Looks good as well
D'Ro@dSt@r is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 9th October 2020, 22:21   #158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D'Ro@dSt@r View Post
Just curious, why are you not considering 7d mats which covers a good amount of the carpet and are
i) Easy to clean
ii) Cheaper than these options listed
iii) Looks good as well
I did consider them but didn't buy because:

1. I am not a fan of the PU quilted leather design at all.
2. I couldn't find any reputable and well reviewed brands selling it.
3. Got the Kagus at a final price of Rs. 7900 from the official 3DMats website, which is less than double of 7D mats.
iamitp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th October 2020, 23:56   #159
BHPian

Quote:
3. Got the Kagus at a final price of Rs. 7900 from the official 3DMats website, which is less than double of 7D mats.
I bought Autofurnish ULS 7D Economy Foot mats for Creta 2020 for Rs.4500/- (after discount) from their website. In fact, there was another premium model also available for Rs.7300/-.

I was using the mats given by Hyundai dealer. The quality of the mat was good, but it did not cover the dead pedal and most of the area in the rear seat also, where we keep our legs. This was soiling the black carpet, especially during the rainy days. The quality of Autofurnish foot mat seems to be good and also covers the floor surface.
AshBabu is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th October 2020, 00:49   #160
BHPian

I am surprised to see the price spread of this car, starts from 9.8 lakh !

Do we have a drive test of the humbler engine, the NA petrol? I suppose the vehicle being heavy, it won’t satisfy.

Will be curious to know out of all Cretas being sold, how many of them are being sold in E and Ex variants? Any guesses.
Old 10th October 2020, 01:28   #161
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvek3141 View Post
That feel-good factor of the panoramic sunroof is a big bonus & for sure is a major drawing factor for the new Creta.
I agree that it’s a big bonus but Hyundai should have given it as an option in SX variant.
The SX variant get the important safety features like ESC etc which are skipped till S variant.
Also there would be few like me who are phobic about what if sunroofs crack, if something falls on it!

I know it’s weird to think like that

Are damages to sunroof covered under insurance?
firstdrive is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2020, 01:44   #162
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdrive View Post
Are damages to sunroof covered under insurance?
Yes, it is. Think of it like a windshield. Just like how the windshields are covered under insurance, so are the sunroofs.
ashvek3141 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2020, 03:05   #163
BHPian

At some point in the near future, I intend to pick up the base variant with the diesel heart, the E variant to be precise. The value quotient is extremely high for a diesel engine in this segment.
Earlier I was confused between this and the EX Petrol variant which adds the all important ICE and steering mounted controls, but Hyundai just jacked the prices by around 70,000 which makes the base diesel variant a no-brainer for me.
Anyone whose bought this specific variant ? What are the mod capabilities for the interiors ?
armaan_singh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2020, 05:36   #164
BHPian

Quote:
Did you get any additional discount beyond the 5% coupon? They're not willing to give anything beyond the 5% coupon. Sorry if this is off topic.
andafunda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2020, 08:14   #165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by andafunda View Post
Did you get any additional discount beyond the 5% coupon? They're not willing to give anything beyond the 5% coupon. Sorry if this is off topic.
Yep! I used 3D5OFF and 3DNEW together which give 5% each.
iamitp is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks