Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2022, 23:17   #1651
BANNED

Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support: There are several language, spelling & grammatical errors in your posts. This negatively affects the forum experience for other readers.

Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Also, it would be a good idea to use a spell-checker.

Thanks for the support & understanding

Last edited by GTO : 24th October 2022 at 09:11.
Dhams is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th October 2022, 00:34   #1652
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhams View Post
Hello Friends

I'm die hard fan of Hyundai being proudly owner of 12 yrs of Santro GLS relationship. Till now, not a single incident or thought of any regrets , rather enjoying companionship with great respect and still on...

Well, i have decided to go for Creta SX(o) auto transmission but bit confusing in choosing between IVT and DCT as well petrol v/s diesel.

In test drive, IVT feels silent, reliable in long run and smoother but somewhere in ride lacking power while on highway test drive and pressing full paddle. Can it be anticipated in sports mode while in that mood!? No idea though..

DCT is like punch in belly and enjoyed a lot but not sure on longevity, silent drive, heat up issue and lower FE number after reading through this thread.

If you are ok with diesel then SX(O) Diesel AT would fit your requirements perfectly. Engine and gearbox combo is among the best you can get in this price point. If you are not concerned with the long term future of diesel cars then you can go for it.

I drive IVT and though it is not for peddle to metal driver, I find it quite satisfactory for city and highway runs. Strangely I find the eco mode much better on highway then the sports mode. I drive in 90-100 kmph range and never found anything lagging in the IVT. Obviously it can't beat the torque of Diesel or the punch of DCT but the long term reliability and quiet cabin make up for it. If you are used to and happy to drive the city CVT then IVT is in the same league.
Aviator_guy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th October 2022, 01:05   #1653
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
If you are ok with diesel then SX(O) Diesel AT would fit your requirements perfectly. Engine and gearbox combo is among the best you can get in this price point. If you are not concerned with the long term future of diesel cars then you can go for it.
Is there heat up issue in Diesel AT?
Any indicative FE per L?
Old 5th October 2022, 01:09   #1654
BANNED

Quote:
I drive IVT and though it is not for peddle to metal driver, I find it quite satisfactory for city and highway runs. Strangely I find the eco mode much better on highway then the sports mode. I drive in 90-100 kmph range and never found anything lagging in the IVT. Obviously it can't beat the torque of Diesel or the punch of DCT but the long term reliability and quiet cabin make up for it. If you are used to and happy to drive the city CVT then IVT is in the same league.
I hanged up with Manual City . Auto transmission is the first time I'm going in. Many time I felt 8/10 difference between Santro and City in pick up point of view

Diesel AT makes sense over DCT petrol,?
Old 5th October 2022, 01:16   #1655
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Diesel AT makes sense over DCT petrol,?
I'd any day recommend diesel AT over DCT due to the reliability and fuel efficiency of diesel engine vs the DCT which is still fairly new in the market. As I said, if you are not concerned with the future of diesel cars then it is a no brainer over the DCT. Although there are cases of DPF clogging reported in BS6 diesel engines when car is mostly used for shorter trips in city traffic. But since you plan to have weekly highway runs, that should not be an issue.
I'd suggest to take a test drive of whichever model you want to go for (multiple drives in different traffic and road conditions if you are unsure).

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 5th October 2022 at 01:21.
Aviator_guy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th October 2022, 12:34   #1656
BANNED

Quote:
I'd any day recommend diesel AT over DCT due to the reliability and fuel efficiency of diesel engine vs the DCT which is still fairly new in the market.
I'd suggest to take a test drive of whichever model you want to go for (multiple drives in different traffic and road conditions if you are unsure).
This is really good input to have take drive Diesel AT. I will update soon. As of now, I have taken test drive of two diff variant - Petrol IVT and Petrol DCT and posted my experience in my recent first post.

Edit :- Diesel - Being first time thinker, how is maintenance when comparing down the line at least 10 years. I also hope Diesel will be available at that time, if not cars.

Last edited by Dhams : 5th October 2022 at 12:36.
Dhams is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2022, 13:42   #1657
agm
BHPian

Took the delivery of my White Creta SXO today

Some photos :-
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Creta : Official Review-c56d9206ca0f4337ab729e9c2c57d61c.jpeg  

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-c32c56eee8104e6a8620990b273fe89a.jpeg  

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-d489be0d9fa34b4d872ac7b21fb1f5db.jpeg  

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-8f32d480f66d47b89a7d44ba25213acb.jpeg  

agm is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 6th October 2022, 19:20   #1658
BANNED

Quote:
I'd any day recommend diesel AT over DCT due to the reliability and fuel efficiency of diesel engine vs the DCT which is still fairly new in the market. As I said, if you are not concerned with the future of diesel cars then it is a no brainer over the DCT. Although there are cases of DPF clogging reported in BS6 diesel engines when car is mostly used for shorter trips in city traffic. But since you plan to have weekly highway runs, that should not be an issue.
Drove Diesel AT today as well 1.5 Petrol manual. I am wondering why I didnt have a feeling of huge power gap!!. Is it due to manual 1.5 NA Petrol engine ? not sure though. Hyundai representative said there is no difference in driving between MT 1.5 NA Petrol and IVT petrol. anyone here can put word on this, if taken both test drive ?

To add more on, I need to drive daily 4 km drive to & from office and weekly shuffling (250km/week x 4 = 1000kms, #max 1300km/month) is this makes sense to Diesel variant ?

Going through again in above 2 confusions ... any insights bro ?

Last edited by Dhams : 6th October 2022 at 19:23.
Old 6th October 2022, 19:27   #1659
Kln
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agm View Post
Took the delivery of my White Creta SXO today

Some photos :-
OT, but super glad to see you wear a N95 mask. Heartening to see not everyone has thrown caution into the wind.

Wish you many happy years with the Creta!
Kln is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2022, 20:37   #1660
BHPian

Quote:
To add more on, I need to drive daily 4 km drive to & from office and weekly shuffling (250km/week x 4 = 1000kms, #max 1300km/month) is this makes sense to Diesel variant ?

Going through again in above 2 confusions ... any insights bro ?
As per my rule book, which might not for fit for all, but here it goes.

If the vehicle weight is >1200 Kgs + Engine > 1.2L + Monthly running 800 + Kms = Diesel
If the vehicle weight is >1200 Kgs + + Engine > 1.2L + Monthly running < 800 = Petrol.

If the vehicle weight is <1200 Kgs + Engine < 1.2L + Monthly running 1000 + Kms = Diesel
If the vehicle weight is <1200 Kgs + Engine < 1.2L.+ Monthly running <1000 = Petrol.

Exceptions apply, if you live in delhi or west bengal, where the rules could change overnight.

Risk of depreciation is less with Diesel, considering that, its a wise choice to stick to Diesel.
Mustang_Boss is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th October 2022, 08:13   #1661
agm
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kln View Post
OT, but super glad to see you wear a N95 mask. Heartening to see not everyone has thrown caution into the wind.

Wish you many happy years with the Creta!
Thank you

Yes, have made it a practice to wear a mask no matter what. Taking all the precautionary measures, probably that is why have not been infected even once in the last 2 and a half years. Even though most of the people I meet now keep saying what’s the point of wearing a mask now when things have gone back to normalcy.
agm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th October 2022, 13:42   #1662
Senior - BHPian

I have a question about after market tail light bar installation on the Creta. The horizontal bar one which runs across the two tail lights. I have seen some YT videos and it looks cool.
Has anyone installed it in Bangalore and could please share details? Does it affect warranty?
Old 10th October 2022, 22:46   #1663
BANNED

Quote:
Guys. finally booked sxo ivt with making deal to get delivery on Dhanteras thanks
Dhams is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th October 2022, 10:26   #1664
Senior - BHPian

Need some advise. A service reminder notification is popping up when I start the car. I recently got the second service done but looks like they forgot to reset the alarm. I was told that it could be reset from the settings but somehow I am unable to find that option on the screen and on the steering controls. Watched some YT videos but not able to replicate same thing and do not see any setting options shown in the videos. May be I'm missing something.

Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks in advance

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 17th October 2022 at 10:29.
Old 17th October 2022, 15:05   #1665
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Need some advise. A service reminder notification is popping up when I start the car. I recently got the second service done but looks like they forgot to reset the alarm. I was told that it could be reset from the settings but somehow I am unable to find that option on the screen and on the steering controls. Watched some YT videos but not able to replicate same thing and do not see any setting options shown in the videos. May be I'm missing something.

Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks in advance
As per my understanding, you need to reset it under Maintenance Alert settings in Bluelink app - select More from bottom of app > Alert Settings> Maintenance Alert. I have not faced this issue. But read it somewhere. Try it.

Last edited by PatienceWins : 17th October 2022 at 15:07.
PatienceWins is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed