Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 24th November 2022, 19:52   #1681
BHPian

Default Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vkap257 View Post
Hi,

I am in a similar situation like you regarding the thuds and creaks in Creta. Do check wether the thudding noise is actually coming from the boot or somewhere else. In my case the culprit was rear headrest which was pushed all the way up. Also, the empty front passenger seat rattles like a can when going over potholes.
In addition to this, the seat-belts in the car are an exquisite work of enigma in themselves. Whenever they are unbuckled, they always find some way to twist and turn and get stuck between the seat and the pillar. They donít retract properly and thereby try to imitate a rattlesnake over every speedbump.

I drive a diesel - manual creta. My driving impression in 14 months of owning the car is that it slots perfectly between the 2 petrol engines. It has good push off the line and beyond 2000 RPM it pulls like a train.
Thank you for your response, dear.

The thud noise is definitely from the boot. My son who is very irritated by it, has already tested various settings and combinations (lol) to isolate the noise coming from the boot. The rear seats, headrests, seat belts, parcel tray, stuff in the boot etc - all have been ruled out. The service center guys haven't been able to locate the source either after multiple visits. I don't think they have any clue, all they do is follow trail and error method and give up.

It's definitely disappointing to see a 2 million car producing such noises - door squeaking and creaking is also highly irritating. Silicon spray helps, but only for sometime and doesn't rectify it completely. Our 1st gen Creta makes no such noises, a super silent cabin it is.
Col Mehta is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2022, 10:38   #1682
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vkap257 View Post
I am in a similar situation like you regarding the thuds and creaks in Creta.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Col Mehta View Post
The thud noise is definitely from the boot.
The first gen Creta had two issues in the boot and guess the new Creta got the parcel tray to some extent too.

Add some double side tape with some cloth and the parcel tray wont make any noise. Also, the boot hinge was known to cause some creaks in the first geb Creta. Maybe that can checked. I had stuck tape over it and that took care of the creaks. But I do hear occasional creaks while going through potholes.

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-dsc_0028.jpg

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-img_20151028_092415.jpg
naveen.raju is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th November 2022, 12:04   #1683

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
The first gen Creta had two issues in the boot and guess the new Creta got the parcel tray to some extent too.

Add some double side tape with some cloth and the parcel tray wont make any noise. Also, the boot hinge was known to cause some creaks in the first geb Creta. Maybe that can checked. I had stuck tape over it and that took care of the creaks. But I do hear occasional creaks while going through potholes.
I find it amusing that we fortunately own a car which to some extent has 70% of features of, letís say, a BMW X3 which costs almost 3 times as much. The rest of the 30% has to be added by us in form of some double-sided tape here-some WD-40 there.

Only if structural rigidity could have been added by using some angle-iron and Fevicol. We would have been golden .
Old 25th November 2022, 21:43   #1684
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post

Attachment 2383771

Attachment 2383772
As stated earlier, everything in the boot, including the parcel tray, has been ruled out. My son took out everything from the boot and the noise still persisted. The boot and rear seats hinges are nicely taped too. The HASS has called the technical team to investigate. Hopefully they will be able to find the root cause of it.

Thank you for your response though.
Col Mehta is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2022, 08:11   #1685
BHPian

Upcoming Hyundai Creta CNG spied during ARAI emission testing near Pune

Likely to be launched early next year

Source Rushlane

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-20221130_081003.jpg

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-20221130_081005.jpg

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-20221130_081008.jpg

Most Viewed