Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2023, 15:23   #1726
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamitp View Post
Broke my passenger side fog lamp while parking. Should I claim insurance for it? Or get it fixed on my own? At HASS or FNG?

My NCB is around Rs. 2600

Attachment 2415299

Attachment 2415300
Update - Claimed insurance. Paid about Rs. 1100, for fog light and bumper replacement by HASS (Koncept Okhla) which cost approx. Rs. 18000. Quick service by Bajaj Allianz, got the approval within 2 days.
Old 27th February 2023, 20:03   #1727
BHPian

I have a 2018 Creta 1.4 D. I was wondering if I could install anti-roll bars to reduce body roll.

Has anyone fitted the same? If so, could you please share information on part numbers and how to source them?

Also, references to workshops, in and around Coimbatore, who can help me will be much appreciated!

Thanks
Old 1st March 2023, 12:37   #1728
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtonsing View Post
1. My AC seems to be not cooling properly. I had driven to Udupi and Gokarna recently and cabin cooling has been not satisfactory. I faced the same earlier and had taken it to a Bosch garage where they checked and said everything was fine (and a checkup was done prior to my drive to Udupi where I specifically asked to check the AC and related stuff). Do you face the same problem? What needs to be done?

2. What top speeds have you achieved on the highway? I feel the car juddering (not sure if this is even a proper word) when I touch 120 at about 2.5 rpm and am hesitant to go above that. Would you say going more than ~120 is possible? Also, I feel the engine noise is becoming loud beyond 2.4K rpm.

3. Braking. There was a time when I had to brake rather quickly. It just didnt slow down as fast as I thought it would. ABS didnt seem to kick in either (there is no error from the dashboard about ABS). It just feels rubbery. Guys facing same/similar situation? What can be done?
For the 1st issue you can check the cabin air filter, check if it's clean, if not then replace it. Just tell me one more thing do you use AC for all 12 months or never use it in winters. If it's the latter then the gas would have gone down and would need a top-up. If both these things doesn't solve the issue then take it to a Hyundai service station preferably between Tuesday-Thursday or whenever they have less rush. Let them diagnose the issue.

For the 2nd it could be an alignment or uneven worn-out tyre or a bent alloy issue. You need to check all these three to find the root cause. As for the speed, the car is capable of hitting unmentionable speed but for your safety and of others it is advisable to stick to the speed limits.

For the 3rd get you brake pads cleaned and if required the brake disc skimmed. This should solve the problem. If it still persists check if there is air in the brake line.

Although you haven't asked the question to me but my friend has the same car (although he has clocked far more kilometers) and faced similar issues in so sharing his experience. Hope it helps.
AROO7 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2023, 03:18   #1729
BHPian

Re: Creta/Seltos 1.5 CVT Engine performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhandelwal View Post
I currently have Creta SX+ 1.6 petrol Manual. Now I am planning to go for an automatic variant.
I have a question for the owners of a 1.5 petrol CVT. have you ever felt that this engine is underpowered on hills or anywhere?
For sure there is huge difference between 1.6L manual and 1.5L CVT. I was owner of 1.6L E+ Creta which I upgraded to SX IVT & the difference is very visible.

1.6L had lot of free power and car would touch 140 kmph with just a slight accelerator press. But same is not the case in 1.5L specifically CVT/IVT.
- With driving modes Hyundai restricts the RPM which in turn reduces the power and overall speed. Only in sports mode we can feel some free power but then again going above 100 kmph is little struggle.
- CVT has a rubber band effect in terms of immediate pickup. So we need to get used to the slow pickup style. Overtaking needs to be planned.
- Continuous speed warnings (after reaching certain speed levels) is a big pain.

But never the less the engine and transmission is super smooth and reliable. In the city (with traffic) it is effortless to drive. Easy to get fuel mileage of 13 in city & 15+ on highway.

Probably you can get some feedback from this thread
https://www.team-bhp.com/news/sold-m...-years-6000-km.
Old 9th March 2023, 15:25   #1730
BHPian

Hi Creta Owners/Prospects,

After the recent govt announcements on Ethanol blending going up to 20%, i went back to the 2021 Creta user manual and found this:

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-creta-fuel.jpg

The most worrying part is "Damage to the fuel system or performance problem caused by the use of these fuels may not be covered by your New Vehicle Limited Warranty." It is unavoidable to use blended petrol and all of us would have gotten it atleast once, knowingly or unknowingly.
For our dealers and OEMs, who are already well known for rejecting warranty claims on flimsiest grounds, this might give them another reason.

What do you think is a way out?
Totoro11 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2023, 08:20   #1731

Hey members my family recently acquired a new Creta( SX(O) diesel) last month.It has ticked just a shade over 900 kms so far.I have noticed some strange jerking at times between 40-50 kmph and some throttle jerkiness at low speeds when there is not much pedal input.Should I get this checked or am I looking into this too much.I would like the owners to point me in the right direction.
Old 12th March 2023, 19:39   #1732
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GS2K View Post
Hey members my family recently acquired a new Creta( SX(O) diesel) last month.It has ticked just a shade over 900 kms so far.I have noticed some strange jerking at times between 40-50 kmph and some throttle jerkiness at low speeds when there is not much pedal input.Should I get this checked or am I looking into this too much.I would like the owners to point me in the right direction.
To start with, check wheel alignment and balancing. That is first thing to rule out before you visit service center.
Old 18th March 2023, 08:07   #1733
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlove_83 View Post
Anybody here installed 360 Camera in Creta 10.25 touch screen models like SX or SX(O) ?
If so, which brand and how much is the cost?
Hyundai's Mobis Accessory team has two options one for 30k and another for 37k. The difference between the two being adapative guide lines and recording (like dash cam, but only when car is running).
Old 18th March 2023, 09:02   #1734
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarshVShrotriya View Post
Hyundai's Mobis Accessory team has two options one for 30k and another for 37k. The difference between the two being adapative guide lines and recording (like dash cam, but only when car is running).
Hi Harsh, I couldn't find this listed on Mobis website. Can you please share where you found this? Have been looking for this for quite some time.
Old 18th March 2023, 09:05   #1735
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakdograbhp View Post
Hi Harsh, I couldn't find this listed on Mobis website. Can you please share where you found this? Have been looking for this for quite some time.
I too couldn't find on the website. When I went to local Hyundai dealer and talked to their accessory department, to my surprise, they had these two options readily available.
Old 24th March 2023, 23:02   #1736
BHPian

Hello Team Bhpians,
I had booked a Creta SX (O), 20 days back and yesterday got a SX (O) Knight edition assigned to me. I had made a Part payment to the Showroom of 10 Lakh Rs.
I saw the Titan Grey color in Knight edition and I’m not liking it. In 24 Hours I requested my SA to cancel the booking and refund my Amount. He is being hesitant about it and is saying the Management will deduct some amount as Penalty.
What should be the Case and is there any policy where amount is deducted just because I didn’t like the Car.
The Car that is assigned to me is still in the Plant and not at the Dealer warehouse. One of my friends colleague had the same knight variant in Titan Grey.

Please help me.
Old 25th March 2023, 07:51   #1737
Senior - BHPian

Did anyone notice that Hyundai/Kia have not included the 1.5 TGDI engine for the 2023 Creta/Seltos variants ? They only have the 1.5 NA as the petrol option. I suppose this is to differentiate the Carens/Alcazar.
Old 25th March 2023, 13:09   #1738
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starwar19 View Post
Hello Team Bhpians,
I had booked a Creta SX (O), 20 days back and yesterday got a SX (O) Knight edition assigned to me. I had made a Part payment to the Showroom of 10 Lakh Rs.
I saw the Titan Grey color in Knight edition and I’m not liking it. In 24 Hours I requested my SA to cancel the booking and refund my Amount. He is being hesitant about it and is saying the Management will deduct some amount as Penalty.
What should be the Case and is there any policy where amount is deducted just because I didn’t like the Car.
The Car that is assigned to me is still in the Plant and not at the Dealer warehouse. One of my friends colleague had the same knight variant in Titan Grey.

Please help me.
Generally booking can be cancelled with a nominal cancellation charge (3k-5k Rs). If no RTO processing has started in your case then you can ask for cancellation. Dealers are not prompt in processing cancellation and one needs to follow up for weeks to get the refund (mostly they.will ask to collect cheque). Since amount is big in your case, they may not want to lose out on a almost certain sale. Try to talk to someone senior in the dealership if your SA is not helping.

Always remember - never pay huge advance down payment unless you are sure of the purchase / satisfied with the choice of model, color, manufacturing date as well as terms and conditions of the dealer. At least hold the down payment until you see the car in their stockyard/showroom or as a minimum, ask for photos/videos of the car along with the VIN number for manufacturing date confirmation

If possible, do PDI and then only release any big amount.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 25th March 2023 at 13:27.
Old 25th March 2023, 14:08   #1739
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starwar19 View Post
Hello Team Bhpians,

Please help me.
If you have booked SX(O) and if the Knight edition was assigned, you can clearly backtrack by insisting you want only regular SX(O) which had mentioned in your booking voucher. For Knight edition, dealers add SE(Special Edition) along with SX(O).
Old 30th March 2023, 04:20   #1740
BHPian

Hi team,
Has anyone with Creta SX (O) version managed to get Android Auto work for their Android phone(which actually uses USB C, and not USB A) using wire/cable?
I have a Samsung Galaxy S21 phone that normally uses USB C to USB C (fast charging cable). But, as we all know Creta SX, or even O for that matter, uses system which does not support Wireless Android Auto, and only comes with standard USB A ports.
I have now tried couple of USB C - USB A cables but, with no luck in connecting Android Auto. When I plug the cables in, the phone starts charging (yes, I tried both the USB A ports) but, phone does not recognise that it is connected to an Android Auto enabled system, and in the car's system Android Auto remains disabled.
Wondering if it is just the matter of finding the right cable, or is there anything else I am missing at my end?
If someone had a similar experience and knows of any particular type of cable that can help here, please do let me know. ��

Most Viewed