Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2023, 08:52   #1741
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarshVShrotriya View Post
If someone had a similar experience and knows of any particular type of cable that can help here, please do let me know.
You can try these options if not done already:
1. Download Android Auto app on your phone from play store and enable connection to car.
2. When you connect to the car, does it show any notification on mobile screen to allow the connection? Press ok if you see that message.
3. Use original Samsung cable and check. Some third party cables may not be compatible.

Last edited by aah78 : 31st March 2023 at 19:47. Reason: Quote trimmed, typos.
Old 30th March 2023, 16:13   #1742
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
You can try these options if not done already:
Thanks mate for getting back. Already did the first two parts. App is all set. I have used Android Auto (on same mobile, though wireless) in previous cars, so that part should be covered.
No, not getting any notifications either side (in car or on phone). The only thing that happens is the phone starts getting charged.
Apple CarPlay is working fine though. So, my suspicion is also on cable (your 3rd point). Guess will have to just bet my money on a new original cable and then try this. Unfortunately, my friends are all iPhone fans(as I was couple of years back) so, borrowing is out.
Just needed to hear from someone on which cable they use and don't face issues.

Last edited by aah78 : 31st March 2023 at 19:46. Reason: Quote trimmed.
Old 30th March 2023, 20:19   #1743
BHPian

Not sure if this warrants a question here, but we have observed that the rear wheel wells in our car look a little ‘smaller’ than some of the other Cretas (the gap between the wheel and the body is lesser than others).? I think it’s not limited to our car as we have seen this with a few more cars, both in person and online pictures. This basically makes some cars look taller from the rear than others. This observation is made on the cars standing still on a flat surface and without any load. Can someone please help explain? Here are couple of pictures to support the question.

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20230330-20.09.00.jpeg

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-creta.jpg

Last edited by aah78 : 31st March 2023 at 19:46. Reason: Pictures inserted in-line.
Old 30th March 2023, 21:11   #1744
BHPian

Hello All,

We are planning for a new Creta and the insurance cost from dealer is whooping 83k for SX (O) IVT variant. This seems like a ridiculous pricing. Dealer is saying that this is from Hyundai and cannot be negotiated and it includes all add-ons and is cashless.

Previously we took similar from Kia called Kia Safety for that very reason and it was around 50k for the top end model. Even that was very high but this is extreme.

Can you please suggest on what options do we have in regards to insurance and getting cashless for the claims?

Also can someone please shed some light in regard to the need for purchasing these 2 below. Are they worth?

1. Shield of trust
2. 4th and 5th year extended warranty

TIA for all your help.

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-cretajpg.jpg

Last edited by aah78 : 31st March 2023 at 19:45. Reason: Image inserted in-line.
Old 31st March 2023, 04:07   #1745
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy2021 View Post
TIA for all your help.
Dealer insurance are highly inflated because they earn fat commission. It is not mandatory to buy from dealer and customer is free to chose and buy on his own. You can get insurance quote from outside and negotiate with the dealer. Unless dealer is giving you delivery out of turn, I'd say you should insist thet they lower the quote otherwise you'll buy on your own. I purchased SX IVT about 18 months ago and bought insurance on my own from icici for about 50k including all possible add-ons and cashless. I know many folks in the forum bought even cheaper insurance from other providers like Digit, Acko etc. If you are willing to do some research then it is definitely worth buying insurance on your own if dealer is not willing to negotiate. If insurance company has a tie with the service center then it will be cashless. You can check the network coverage while doing the research, most of the reputed and established players like ICICI, HDFC, Tata, Bajaj etc offer cashless tie ups with OEM garages across India.

About warranty, I'd say it is worth to go for extended warranty as much as you can. I didn't opt for SOT because I didn't feel that it was making sense for the kind of coverage/TnC.

Last edited by aah78 : 31st March 2023 at 19:45. Reason: Quote trimmed.
Aviator_guy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2023, 10:47   #1746
BHPian

Took my Creta for a highway run and was pleasantly surprised with the mileage. It even touched 20.5 Kmpl before dropping down on entering the city.
Hyundai Creta : Official Review-mileage.jpg

This was in Comfort mode with speed in 80-90 km/h range. End of trip stats:
Hyundai Creta : Official Review-mileage-2.jpg

The 1.5L NA IVT is a real gem
Totoro11 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2023, 18:56   #1747
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
About warranty, I'd say it is worth to go for extended warranty as much as you can. I didn't opt for SOT because I didn't feel that it was making sense for the kind of coverage/TnC.
Thank you so much for the detailed response. Was definitely considering extended warranty but wasn't keen on SOT or SOT support.

With regards to buying insurance outside, what is the best way? PolicyBazaar or are there any other options?

Last edited by aah78 : 31st March 2023 at 19:45. Reason: Quote trimmed, grammar.
Old 31st March 2023, 20:42   #1748
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you so much for the detailed response. Was definitely considering extended warranty but wasn't keen on SOT or SOT support.

With regards to buying insurance outside, what is the best way? PolicyBazaar or are there any other options?
I stayed away from policy bazaar for couple of reasons - too many pesky calls, didn't have options from some prominent insurance companies I was interested in and thirdly I was not able to customise add-on I wanted. So I decided to call couple of insurance companies directly and once my car was alloted, I shared car details like engine and chassis number for final quote/issue of policy. Hope this helps.
Old 1st April 2023, 08:21   #1749
NPX
BHPian

One day I was exploring the menu options in infotainment screen and during that i unlocked the driver door which switched off the infotainment screen. After that the infotainment screen is frozen and it only shows Hyundai logo when the car starts and goes blank after few minutes. Rear camera feed is showing on screen but nothing else is working.

First I tried resetting the infotainment by pressing small pinhole button and then removed the battery -ve terminal for sometime to drain battery power and then reconnected it but the issue remained, the screen is still frozen.

Any suggestions from members apart from visiting the ASC for the issue?
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Creta : Official Review-20230330_231339.jpg  

Old 1st April 2023, 10:43   #1750
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPX View Post
First I tried resetting the infotainment by pressing small pinhole button and then removed the battery -ve terminal for sometime to drain battery power and then reconnected it but the issue remained, the screen is still frozen.

Any suggestions from members apart from visiting the ASC for the issue?
Mostly it is a motherboard issue and will require a replacement . If the car is under warranty it will be covered for zero cost. Visit the dealership immediately and have it covered. Generally the motherboard takes a week's time to arrive
Turbokick is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2023, 07:43   #1751
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPX View Post
Experienced the same issue. At first, it was just the Hyundai logo with no other response from the AVN. Reset button wasn't working either.

Few months down the line, the AVN only showed the rear camera feed but the radio did work in the background and I was able to skip stations using steering mounted controls.

Then finally after few days, the display died. The IC went bust and I had to replace the IC. Since the car was over 6 years old and out of warranty, I sent the AVN to Delhi and got it repaired. It's documented in my ownership thread.

So I think it's the start of the same issue. Kindly get the AVN replaced under warranty (doubt whether they will replace the motherboard alone).
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2023, 08:51   #1752
BANNED

Quote:
Hello All,

We are planning for a new Creta and the insurance cost from dealer is whooping 83k for SX (O) IVT variant. This seems like a ridiculous pricing. Dealer is saying that this is from Hyundai and cannot be negotiated and it includes all add-ons and is cashless.

Previously we took similar from Kia called Kia Safety for that very reason and it was around 50k for the top end model. Even that was very high but this is extreme.

Can you please suggest on what options do we have in regards to insurance and getting cashless for the claims?

Also can someone please shed some light in regard to the need for purchasing these 2 below. Are they worth?
Even I was quoted similar numbers with no scope of lowering it. The SA said I can't get one from outside as well, I immediately asked him to connect me to manager, the manager openly agreed on condition that I should get it before the delivery as they need insurance details for invoice generation.
I finally decided to buy outside from SBI, although it was a whole different headache, escalating a issue to IRDAI, but I got it under 45k. I am sceptical about claim resolution, just tell them to connect with higher authority and get it resolved with them.

Mod Note : Hello,

Your post is very poorly constructed, and is an eyesore to read.

Please ensure that you:

- Use CAPITAL letters where required (this PM is a good example).

- Proof-Read your posts to correct Language & Grammatical errors.

- Use the right punctuation.

- Use spaces properly (between sentences as well as paragraphs).

Thank you for the Support. These steps would go a long way in making your posts pleasurable to read for all of us (members & guests included).

Last edited by Sheel : 3rd April 2023 at 12:11. Reason: Mod note attached.
car_is_matic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2023, 10:37   #1753
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_is_matic View Post
Even i was quoted similar numbers with no scope of lowering it. The SA said i cant get one from outside as well, i immediately asked him to connect me to manager, the manager openly agreed on condition that i should get it before the delivery as they need insurance details for invoice generation.
I finally decided to buy outside from SBI , although it was a whole different headache, escalating a issue to IRDAI. but i got it under 45k. i am sceptical about claim resolution.
just tell them to connect with higher authority and get it resolved with them
Insurance is needed before the RTO registration process can be initiated by the dealer. I found it easier to work with pvt insurance companies - I could receive the quote, make online payment and receive insurance policy soft copy- all within a day's time as soon as I shared car engine and chassis number with the insurance customer care. Dealer informed me about car allotment on Friday, I did research on the weekend and shared insurance policy with the dealer on Monday.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 3rd April 2023 at 10:41.
Old 3rd April 2023, 11:41   #1754
BANNED

I have a white Creta MT 1.5 Petrol SX. still have stock fabric seat covers.
i am looking to wrap them in a leather ones, exactly same as the one that comes with top end.
will the service center able to replace with genuine one? or
Someone has any lead where to get the genuine hyundai seat covers(black and beige) or any dealer who has it and can replace with the genuine one around Bengaluru?
thanks!

Last edited by Sheel : 3rd April 2023 at 12:12. Reason: Mod note attached.
Old 4th April 2023, 12:25   #1755

I had bought a 1.5 SX IVT around a month back. On the insurance piece, negotiated with the dealer to bring down the insurance quote to 60k. But there seems to be some merit in dealer's concerns as well. I was told to drop them a mail with evidence of finding much lower quotes online, which they wanted to keep on record as rationale for reducing the quote. Regarding SOT based on my usage and what was being covered, it did not make sense and accordingly I did not purchase. Lastly, on the extended warranty, I insisted on getting the 7 year warranty. Accordingly, was given the 7 years / 100k km warranty for INR50k. This was ideal for my usage pattern.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks