Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2023, 11:47   #1756
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy2021 View Post
Hello All,

We are planning for a new Creta and the insurance cost from dealer is whooping 83k for SX (O) IVT variant. This seems like a ridiculous pricing. Dealer is saying that this is from Hyundai and cannot be negotiated and it includes all add-ons and is cashless.

1. Shield of trust
2. 4th and 5th year extended warranty

TIA for all your help.

Attachment 2435201
Same happened with me. Dealer said its company policy that they won’t allow customers to get insurance on their own. I spoke with Hyundai customer care and got it clarified that dealer cannot force you to buy insurance from them. It’s your choice. For proof I made a chat communication in Hyundai website and took a screenshot where representative from Hyundai confirmed that its not mandatory to buy insurance from dealer, and shown the same to sales person post which they came to terms with me. I find Hyundai customer care to be very supportive.

Regarding pricing, I was given a quotation of 78k(SX-O D MT) from dealer and i got for 40k from cholamandalam directly, with all add ons and RTI. Reason for going with cholamandalam - This dealer has a tie up with chola for cashless claims. Also executive from chola gave me in writing that they have tie up with all Hyundai dealers across the country for cashless claims. Though I couldn’t verify their statement yet.

I would suggest you to call your nearby Hyundai authorised service centres(not just the dealer’s) and get info on their insurance provider partners and decide accordingly. I used polizy bazaar for premium comparison but bought the policy directly from the provider.

And for the last part, I didn’t opt for SOT as I found it be unworthy, again my personal opinion. But please go ahead and buy Extended Warranty. With the number of gizmos in the car, EW might actually help you.

Disclaimer: I’m not associated with Cholamandalam in any way, just sharing my personal experience since I thought it might help you in your car purchase journey. I faced issue with vehicle allocation and delivery since I didn’t opt for dealer insurance. I escalated my issue with Hyundai customer care again post which things were smooth and transparent.
bwildrd#1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2023, 00:04   #1757
BHPian

Hi everyone! I am planning to book a Creta dark knight S+ 1.5 P. The car has six airbags but fabric seats. Upon asking the guys at the dealership they told that Hyundai has seat covers specifically made for seats with airbags which have cutouts in them. If this is true can I use them or is this just dealership BS?
Old 10th April 2023, 00:56   #1758
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan View Post
The car has six airbags but fabric seats. Upon asking the guys at the dealership they told that Hyundai has seat covers specifically made for seats with airbags which have cutouts in them. If this is true can I use them or is this just dealership BS?
I would avoid installing custom seat covers specially made for seats having airbags. There could be a risk of airbags not getting deployed due to few issues.
You can go through below threads to understand the reasoning behind not installing those:

Seat Covers for cars with front seat airbags: Is it safe?

Kia Seltos - Airbag sensor failure when fixing new seat covers

Last edited by Bhupesh_2628 : 10th April 2023 at 00:58.
Bhupesh_2628 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th April 2023, 23:54   #1759
BHPian

With a heavy heart, I've said goodbye to my 7 year old Ecosport diesel. I've had multiple reasons why i had to let her go, even though she had only 20K KM mileage on her.

My next car is most likely going to be a Creta. I know that Hyundai made an announcement that they won't release the facelift this year but the three year typical facelift lifecycle, the actual facelifted Creta being made available in other countries, multiple auto review YouTube channels suddenly talking about the facelift etc makes me hopeful that this happen some time this year. I don't mind going with the existing Creta but if the newer version came with too many new features such as ADAS just after I buy the current model, it'll be just too depressing. Is it wrong to keep waiting for the facelift to come to India in the next few months?
Old 11th April 2023, 00:29   #1760
BHPian

Hi! I actually went through those threads and I am utterly confused. I will try to get photos of the seat cover from the dealership so that we can get a better idea.
Old 11th April 2023, 07:52   #1761
BHPian

Has anybody bought a replacement for their Creta 2020's rear wiper? Any suggestions.

Also my Hyundai Bluelink has been down for the past few days? Anybody else too?
Old 11th April 2023, 08:45   #1762
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamitp View Post
Has anybody bought a replacement for their Creta 2020's rear wiper? Any suggestions.
You can ask the service centre to replace the wiper rubber blade only. Due to lesser use, the frame should be in a good shape and can be retained.
ashis89 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th April 2023, 10:30   #1763
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
You can ask the service centre to replace the wiper rubber blade only. Due to lesser use, the frame should be in a good shape and can be retained.
Still 4000 KM away from next service. So was thinking of replacing myself. Bought a blade from Amazon which did not fit.
Old 12th April 2023, 14:57   #1764
BHPian

My wife is driving Honda City 3rd Gen. Its 2010 purchase but very less milage of 95K. I am also looking for Creta.

After seeing the youtube video, front lift is awesome. I am not a fan of ADAS and the new version will cost higher in lieu of that. So, I am thinking of going ahead.
Old 13th April 2023, 11:40   #1765
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Looks like the rear assembly is same as first gen Creta. I have replaced this multiple times. Try this - https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-blad...rear-25454200/
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2023, 21:38   #1766
BHPian

Guys anyone done Leh Ladakh trip in Petrol Manual Creta recently or in the past?
Please do let me know.
I am planning so would appreciate some clarity on few things.
Artyom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2023, 06:46   #1767
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chukash View Post
After seeing the Youtube video, front lift is awesome. I am not a fan of ADAS and the new version will cost higher in lieu of that. So, I am thinking of going ahead.
My personal 2 cents (as I was in same position - whether or not to wait for the new version): In Indian conditions, ADAS will probably not be that useful. The only feature of ADAS suite that may be handy is emergency braking (provided some two wheeler behind doesn't tailgate and bump you). So, cosmetics aside(unless they mean world to you and worth extra cost), if you need a car now, do consider current Creta.

I went for current 23 version. For simple reason, that I needed a car now. The current version already has more jingles than I can normally use. I haven't touched paddle shifters and rarely got to use cruise control, as been mostly city driving. In Bangalore traffic, I did not even get a chance(post Test drives) to try Sport (S) or any other mode.
Realised that 90% times I don't need Apple Carplay/Android Auto (as Hyundai's lane guidance is real timesaver in Bangalore's service v/s flyover choice).

So, look at your practical needs (when is the latest you can get the car by, what features you will normally use in day to day, how much technology you will like to bog your mind with), and then make the call.

The current version has a decent pack (not listing as it's covered in depth in reviews) for my liking and daily city commute. In 1 month of city driving the only thing I felt the car lacked is - Rear A/C blower is not strong but, the privacy nets in rear make up for that.
HarshVShrotriya is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th April 2023, 16:35   #1768
Senior - BHPian

Need some advice. I lost one key of my Creta SX IVT which comes with push button and remote engine start. The SA is advising to replace entire lock assembly instead of ordering replacement key as the price difference won't be much and insurance claim can take care of it.

This cost of replacement key is about 5500 plus cost of manual key cutting.

I don't want to claim insurance if a replacement key is an option. Any idea what is the best way forward?

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 17th April 2023 at 17:00.
Old 21st April 2023, 22:55   #1769
BHPian

2yr, 12,000km ownership update (SXO IVT)

The New Creta looks were love at first sight and I was lucky to get the car in 4 days flat (a miracle in these times of 1 year waiting). The ownership experience has been wonderful so far. It does not get driven much due to partial work-from-home but that is compensated by the long drives we take. Car is super comfortable, spacious and has almost all the features we need.

1. Excellent NVH and silent cabin, a friend commented it felt almost like sitting in an EV.
2. Combo of 1.5L NA engine and IVT make the ride very smooth. Ride quality improved further after doing Wheel Alignment & Balancing at 10,000Kkm
3. Fuel Efficiency: pleasantly surprised to regularly get MID figure of 18-20kmpl on highways and 14-15kmpl in city on petrol. was able to stretch it to 20.5kmpl on few occasions
4. You never feel lack of power needed for quick overtaking. Drive is set to 'Comfort' mode 90% of the time (Comfort gives best mileage in 80-95kmph and Eco mode mileage is good at 50-70kmph speeds)
5. The in-built rear sunshades are a blessing, i wonder why they are not a standard in all cars now
6. Ample space in the cabin to keep knick-knacks, large water bottles plus other stuff. During an extreme situation, we had 6 adults and a child fit in for a full day without complaints
7. So easy to drive that you wont feel fatigued even after driving for 12 hrs.

Dislikes:
1. Pathetic voice recognition, patchy sim connectivity of Bluelink
2. Absence of front parking sensors/360 camera is felt quite often. Also missing Passenger side request sensor and illuminated switches
3. Minor rattles from sun-glass holder (felt-lining could solve this) and boot door
4. You cannot have turbo-charging and wired android auto at the same time as they use different USB ports.
5. Boot space under the floor around the spare tyre could have been better utilized

Special mention:
Service Experience has been fantastic with Safdarjung Hyundai (Gurgaon). They always take good care of the car and are not very pushy about add-ons. Staff is very courteous and are very receptive to feedback and complaints. When i had an air leakage issue from front tyre, they went out of their way to co-ordinate with JK Tyres to get a new tyre under warranty.

Quote:

Also my Hyundai Bluelink has been down for the past few days? Anybody else too?
Hyundai rear wipers are slightly difficult to find compared to the front ones. I had a tough time finding it for my i10 and even the Service Center said they will replace the full set and cannot sell only rear blade.

For Bluelink, check the software version on your head unit. There is an update available, i got it done last week as the service center folks were insisting (they did mention a possibility of the head unit software hanging if not updated timely). If you are facing issues in Bluelink connectivity, it could be due to signal strength.

Signing off with some pictures....Going Places
Hyundai Creta : Official Review-chidikho.jpg

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-windmills.jpg

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-ruins.jpg

Last edited by Totoro11 : 21st April 2023 at 22:57. Reason: typos
Totoro11 is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2023, 13:51   #1770
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totoro11 View Post
2yr, 12,000km ownership update (SXO IVT)
So I managed to fix the Bluelink network issue by performing a hard reset.
iamitp is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks