Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th May 2023, 20:58   #1786
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaythacker View Post
Guys, my BIL is buying Creta SX black shade in Hyderabad. Can owners from Hyderabad suggest good place for under body and ceramic coating shop and contact details if available.
There are many well know and lesser known car details shops on the entire stretch of Ayyappa society including The Detailing Mafia and 3M. What's "good" can entire depend on change on the specific experience there. So may be he can go and talk to everyone and see who seems professional in their work and honest in their quotes and explanation.
Old 12th May 2023, 16:19   #1787
BANNED

Is it just me or have anyone of you noticed this too?

I drive Creta Petrol manual.

On highways, when on cruise control, if you pause it, decelerate for a while and again resume it, in some cases, after certain rpm/speed level, the car seems to accelerate much faster and engine feels responsive to the cruise controls throttle rather than me accelerating manually. As a result I am relying more on the resume button to quickly gain speed to reach the set limit

Have seen this behavior even in one of my relative’s Kia Sonet IMT petrol.

Very curious to know the reason behind this, is it same with other vehicle’s cruise control feature.

Last edited by Axe77 : 29th March 2024 at 22:02. Reason: Poorly typed post.
car_is_matic is offline   Received Infraction
Old 12th May 2023, 17:33   #1788
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_is_matic View Post
is it just me or have anyone of you noticed this too?
... after certain rpm/speed level, the car seems to accelerate much faster...

Very curios to know the reason behind this, is it same with other vehicles cruise control feature
I have experienced this in Honda City (4th generation) too. Seems like a standard behaviour in cruise control.
Old 13th May 2023, 15:49   #1789
BHPian

Brake(?) Noise

Recently I observed a faint grunting noise coming from my 2021 Creta SX(O) when using the Electronic Parking Brake. This usually happens after a drive when I put the car in P and press the EPB button. Sometimes the noise also comes when the vehicle just starts moving from a stationary position pulling out of parking.

Is this normal? Have others observed this too? What could be the reason?
Old 14th May 2023, 11:41   #1790
Senior - BHPian

I own 2021 SX IVT and have a question on the Android Auto. Earlier I used to see gaana/amazon music on the screen but now it only shows Spotify whenever I connect the phone. Any idea how to enable other music apps?
Old 15th May 2023, 16:52   #1791
BHPian

Proud Owner of CRETA SX(O) IVT April 2023.

I have always been a spirited Driver who loves to push the pedal at almost all given opportunities. Without sounding rude or boastful, i like to consider myself on the border line which differentiates between fast driving and rash driving by being >90% on the "right" side of that line.

What i wanted:

My heart was on Tata Harrier XZA+ because of looks, road presence and sheer space for a 5 seater. My budget was totally against my heart. So did not even test drove it.
One of my very close friend bought a Safari Dark Manual last year and i was lucky to drive to Ooty last july'22 and thoroughly enjoyed those drives.

But to be fair and honest, my kilometer range does not justify a Diesel engine so not very disappointed in not getting the Harrier as well.

Another out of budget car which i liked was Compass, but GTO pointed out that for automatics, real fun is in diesel and petrol may or may not meet the 'brand' expectation. Anyway, was out of budget, so did not test drove this one too.!

What we test Drove:

Kushaq 1.5 TSI, Seltos IVT and GT+, MG Astor, Creta Turbo (2022) and IVT.

Now undoubtedly, Kushaq was the most fun to drive and if i am being completely honest even Seltos had better driving dynamics than Creta.

But the overall package for a ~22.5L OTR Bangalore price point, Creta wins hands down.

Panoramic Sunroof, Three Adult Rear Seating, AC, big infotainment system, 360 camera (extra accessory), electronic driver seat adjustment are all BIG PLUS for Creta. I come from a humble back ground and this much money means a lot and therefore I personally wanted luxury. (There is no arguing over NCAP ratings and therefore not mentioning it here)

For eg: The test drive Kushaq car which came had power window issue, while entering back in my society after test drive, rolled down the window to talk to security, the window never came up.!!! My father, Mother and wife seating at back were not comfortable (as they were in Creta)...!! So even though i did like the push-back which the engine provided and it is a 5star rated car, it did not meet overall package deal which i wanted.

I personally would have chosen Taigun over kushaq because of looks and the GT badging which does provide differentiation from lower variants, we decided not to test drive it because it would have been similar to Kushaq anyway. Another point was, i had booked an online test drive appointment for 1.5 GT but they never came and i did not followed up.

Final Decision:

I for one never imagined myself driving an IVT but some times life gives surprises of its own. So 2023 started with 2 big news from Hyundai on Creta

1. No Facelift in 2023
2. Discontinuation of 1.4 Turbo/DCT engine

Had a long chat with my wife. And debating over lot of factors (daughter being too young, most of drives to be within Bangalore traffic, rare long trips for next 4-5 years plus Hyundai itself deciding not to give me (anyone) the DCT option) led me to finally pick up my phone, call the SA and asked him to get me a Polar White SX(O) IVT.

10 day later, Hyundai launched Verna with 1.5 Turbo.

Anyway, did not expect Creta to come with that engine this year, so went ahead with my booking.

Car Delivery:

I had booked in around mid feb and got my car delivered to me on 24th April 2023. I had asked for a 360 camera which dealership itself provided me at the time of delivery with an extra cost. (But peace of mind about warranty challenges)

Driving experience:

I had an immediate 2 week travel so i have not been able to drive to my satisfaction yet. Till now in about ~150 kms (all Bangalore) has been good.
Will post a detailed driving experience of how me and IVT handle/love each other over time.

I would like to thank Aviator_guy for his answers and support over the last one year.!

Last edited by abhinav1817 : 15th May 2023 at 16:55.
abhinav1817 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th May 2023, 17:02   #1792
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
I own 2021 SX IVT and have a question on the Android Auto. Earlier I used to see gaana/amazon music on the screen but now it only shows Spotify whenever I connect the phone. Any idea how to enable other music apps?
Hey, it should show up on Android Auto, unless you have disabled it in Android Auto mobile app. Sharing a screenshot which might be of help
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Creta : Official Review-screenshot_20230515_165835_android-auto.jpg  

Last edited by deepakdograbhp : 15th May 2023 at 17:22. Reason: Typo
deepakdograbhp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th May 2023, 19:15   #1793
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav1817 View Post

I would like to thank Aviator_guy for his answers and support over the last one year.!
Glad that I was able to contribute towards your decision making in some ways

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakdograbhp View Post
Hey, it should show up on Android Auto, unless you have disabled it in Android Auto mobile app. Sharing a screenshot which might be of help
Thank you. Let me check this.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 15th May 2023 at 19:42.
Aviator_guy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2023, 11:42   #1794
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav1817 View Post

But the overall package for a ~22.5L OTR Bangalore price point, Creta wins hands down. Panoramic Sunroof, Three Adult Rear Seating, AC, big infotainment system, 360 camera (extra accessory), electronic driver seat adjustment are all BIG PLUS for Creta.
Final Decision:
I for one never imagined myself driving an IVT but some times life gives surprises of its own. So 2023 started with 2 big news from Hyundai on Creta

1. No Facelift in 2023
2. Discontinuation of 1.4 Turbo/DCT engine

Had a long chat with my wife. And debating over lot of factors (daughter being too young, most of drives to be within Bangalore traffic, rare long trips for next 4-5 years plus Hyundai itself deciding not to give me (anyone) the DCT option) led me to finally pick up my phone, call the SA and asked him to get me a Polar White SX(O) IVT.

Driving experience:
I had an immediate 2 week travel so i have not been able to drive to my satisfaction yet. Till now in about ~150 kms (all Bangalore) has been good.
Will post a detailed driving experience of how me and IVT handle/love each other over time.
Congratulations on your purchase. Creta is one of the best value-for-money packages available in the market today. Yes better NCAP ratings would help, but it completely depends on your usage pattern.

DCT is definitely superior driving experience but I am personally more comfortable not having even the minutest apprehensions of transmission failure. Try to target increasing your mileage for first few weeks/months and IVT will slowly influence your driving style. Sedate driving becomes a habit. The linear acceleration coupled with minimal noise will make you feel at peace inside the car.

Hope you enjoy the ownership experience
Totoro11 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2023, 12:01   #1795
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsm_bang View Post
Sound while disengaging the Brakes

Hi BHPians,

I got the delivery of my SXO IVT earlier this month and have done approximately 1000km by now. I am planning to go for first sometime next week. I have done one long trip (~700KM) couple of weeks back and i am overall happy with the car.

However, for past few days, i am hearing some sound (Drrrrr) when I disengage the brake pedal. My observation is that the sound normally happens when I stop on a slope (might be momentarily), while the car is in "Drive" mode and i disengage the brake pedal to restart. (On a plane road, the sound is almost not noticeable).

Has anybody else also noticed this? Any possible reasons? Is this something that I need to bring to service person's notice?

regards,
Vivek
Quote:
Originally Posted by Totoro11 View Post
Brake(?) Noise

Recently I observed a faint grunting noise coming from my 2021 Creta SX(O) when using the Electronic Parking Brake. This usually happens after a drive when I put the car in P and press the EPB button. Sometimes the noise also comes when the vehicle just starts moving from a stationary position pulling out of parking.

@vsm_bang, did you find any resolution
Old 18th May 2023, 14:46   #1796
BHPian

Quote:
Brake(?) Noise

Update: Took the car to the service station for annual service and highlighted the issue. I was wrong in assuming that this was happening due to brakes. The SA checked the issue and found it to be a problem with something called 'Mode Actuator'. This seems to be the device that controls air flow through upper/lower blowers.

We were able to reproduce the sound by pressing the air circulation buttons marked below

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-2020hyundaicretaclimate-control.jpg

The moment you step in the car and switch the power on, this mode actuator moves and makes a noise in the process. The same happens when you power off at the end of a trip. Since there are many other sounds while you drive, this grrrr on pressing buttons goes unnoticed. However at trip start and end, since the engine is off, you are able to hear it clearly.

Fix: some grease was applied to the moving parts after taking out the glove box. Though i do not notice much difference, the SA claims that noise has reduced and will go down further in a day or two once the actuator moves around and grease gets spread all over.

The only other option is to get the part replaced under warranty if the problem persists. My guess is this is a common problem and hence they are able to diagnose it and suggest a fix quickly. Hope it gets resolved peacefully.
Totoro11 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2023, 17:06   #1797

Hi All - I have a Hyundai Creta 2021 DCT SXO model. While I love everything about it, seem to be having issues with the infotainment system. Key ones are:
1. Keeps hanging
2. Date keeps resetting every now and then
3. Lately the Bluetooth connection with my mobile is acting weird. While I can answer the calls through the bluetooth, I can't hear anything and I have to resort back to the phone, remove the bluetooth to speaker and talk.

Beyond all this, the maps is totally outdated and every time I take it to service centre, they say it's the updated one. Any help is appreciated, thank you.

- Sudheer.
Old 19th May 2023, 09:53   #1798
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudhvenu View Post
Hi All - I have a Hyundai Creta 2021 DCT SXO model. While I love everything about it, seem to be having issues with the infotainment system. Key ones are:
1. Keeps hanging
2. Date keeps resetting every now and then
3. Lately the Bluetooth connection with my mobile is acting weird. While I can answer the calls through the bluetooth, I can't hear anything and I have to resort back to the phone, remove the bluetooth to speaker and talk.

Beyond all this, the maps is totally outdated and every time I take it to service centre, they say it's the updated one. Any help is appreciated, thank you.

- Sudheer.
Even I had the issue #1 when I got the car. After all the free updates, I didnt have this issue. If you have a doubt regarding the AVN update, try updating it yourself. There's a dedicated thread here showing how it can be done. Think only the first 3 updates are free after which you will need to pay 1500 for each update.

For reference, I drive a 2015 Creta.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2023, 19:54   #1799
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations on your purchase. Creta is one of the best value-for-money packages available in the market today. Yes better NCAP ratings would help, but it completely depends on your usage pattern.

DCT is definitely superior driving experience but I am personally more comfortable not having even the minutest apprehensions of transmission failure. Try to target increasing your mileage for first few weeks/months and IVT will slowly influence your driving style. Sedate driving becomes a habit. The linear acceleration coupled with minimal noise will make you feel at peace inside the car.

Hope you enjoy the ownership experience
Thanks a lot. Can't agree more. True VFM.

Yes, got stuck in a very bad traffic stand still last sunday and the complete peace of not worrying about transmission / gear box heating did play a big role in just chilling and driving through that traffic. My left leg was the happiest.

Yes, the second point from you comes from experience . I did notice the avg being in 6 point somethings when i received the car and in about 300kms all within city has reached to 11 point somethings. So your point about focusing on correcting mileage number connected to me instantly!!!
abhinav1817 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2023, 19:30   #1800
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_is_matic View Post
what you mean by skipped seat covers? are you planning to use the fabric one? i have white facbric seats, planning to upgrade to leather/semi leather ones, not able to find any lead in bengaluru.
Hi! Thanks and sorry for the late reply. Yes, as advised by members here I decided not to put seat covers at the time of delivery but now after one month of usage I am finding it difficult to maintain them as per my satisfaction. I have enquired outside and have found semi leather seat covers matching the interior design which have cutouts for the seat airbags. These are available in Guwahati so you should be able to get in Bengaluru too.

Last edited by ankan : 29th May 2023 at 19:35.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks