Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 4th April 2024, 16:16   #1981
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpeshc View Post
My Creta 2020 AVN screen is hanging and not moving ahead from the logo. Tried a hard reset but doesn't work. Service centre is saying that the AVN is not covered under existing warranty. That's honestly quite disappointing as it's not a wear and tear damage. It's something wrong with their system. Anyone has any guidance on how to proceed?
AVN is 100% covered under the standard warranty. I have got it replaced in the extended warranty for the very same reason.

However, mine is the 1st gen Creta ; not sure if the warranty terms have changed later (with growing popularity of Creta).

Try escalating this issue with the Hyundai CC.
Old 4th April 2024, 17:55   #1982
BHPian

Whad do we mean that AVN is not covered in warranty? Do we need to take another warranty for AVN? How does one ensure that we dont have to pay for AVN
Old 5th April 2024, 08:00   #1983
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
My Creta 2020 AVN screen is hanging and not moving ahead from the logo. Tried a hard reset but doesn't work. Service centre is saying that the AVN is not covered under existing warranty. That's honestly quite disappointing as it's not a wear and tear damage. It's something wrong with their system. Anyone has any guidance on how to proceed?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvek3141 View Post
AVN is 100% covered under the standard warranty. I have got it replaced in the extended warranty for the very same reason.

However, mine is the 1st gen Creta ; not sure if the warranty terms have changed later (with growing popularity of Creta).

Quote:
Originally Posted by utkarshgoel View Post
Whad do we mean that AVN is not covered in warranty? Do we need to take another warranty for AVN? How does one ensure that we dont have to pay for AVN
Maybe this was why the service center was confident. Taken from Hyundai website.
But again, it's definitely covered under warranty. Even if it's a 3rd party claim, Hyundai will need to initiate the warranty since it was supplied from the factory.

My Ecosport had a sidewall crack in the first month and Ford issued a letter to be handed over to MRF.

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-screenshot-20240405-7.56.148239am.png
Old 5th April 2024, 10:46   #1984
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Maybe this was why the service center was confident. Taken from Hyundai website.
But again, it's definitely covered under warranty. Even if it's a 3rd party claim, Hyundai will need to initiate the warranty since it was supplied from the factory.
Correct. Even my dealer tried to get away with this same warranty policy stating it is directly with the AVN OEM.

I stood strong saying that I have purchased my vehicle from Hyundai and not 'Motrex' , the AVN OEM.

A quick call / complaint to the Hyundai customer care solved the issue and got a replaced unit.
ashvek3141 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2024, 09:51   #1985
BHPian

Quote:

Yes. It seems in the new Creta the AVN warranty is just 3 years. It's usually something one never expects and it seems it's written in the warranty terms and conditions as audio system not covered. I've reached out to Hyundai. Waiting for their response. Unfortunately, due to this I am not able to take the car out for long drives
kalpeshc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2024, 09:54   #1986
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post

My Ecosport had a sidewall crack in the first month and Ford issued a letter to be handed over to MRF.

Attachment 2590496
They claim the third party warranty is just 3 years. And if one googles, it seems this is a very common issue in Creta 2020 AVN and many are failing now. There is a large repair market which fixes this issue but it's strange that a reputed car manufacturer having a great car would not honour such a crucial part in their extended warranty.
Old 6th April 2024, 09:56   #1987
BHPian

Quote:
Correct. Even my dealer tried to get away with this same warranty policy stating it is directly with the AVN OEM.

I stood strong saying that I have purchased my vehicle from Hyundai and not 'Motrex' , the AVN OEM.

A quick call / complaint to the Hyundai customer care solved the issue and got a replaced unit.
I don't understand why Hyundai would want to risk their reputation due to a third party manufacturer. It's such a brilliant car and due to this one issue I'm really disappointed. The part in question costs a hefty 40K!

Any idea how to escalate this to Hyundai and their seniors?
Old 6th April 2024, 10:33   #1988
BHPian

Quote:
I don't understand why Hyundai would want to risk their reputation due to a third party manufacturer.
They've already built a reputation for themselves. Creta sells 16-17k copies a month ! That's a staggering number for car costing an average of 17 Lakhs !

During my time (i.e. the 1st-gen) , they were barely doing 6-7k IIRC.

I won't be surprise it they don't honour the customer's requests like they used to. It also depends on the dealer that you deal with.

We have 2 dealers here in Goa and the one in South (Goa Hyundai) is much better than the other.

Quote:
Any idea how to escalate this to Hyundai and their seniors?
I had just called up on their customer care number. But again , my experience is about 5-6 years old. Things for sure must have changed now.
Old 7th April 2024, 07:56   #1989
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
They claim the third party warranty is just 3 years. And if one googles, it seems this is a very common issue in Creta 2020 AVN and many are failing now. There is a large repair market which fixes this issue but it's strange that a reputed car manufacturer having a great car would not honour such a crucial part in their extended warranty.
Not just Creta, this was seen across Verna, i20 from this era. Even mine stopped working (Burnt IC as per the repair guy).

I sent the unit to Delhi, got it repaired by a local guy. If your's is out of warranty, this would be the best bet. You may check my ownership thread for details.

As for escalation, you may check the Hyundai issues thread where I think I have shared the list of email ids.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2024, 02:50   #1990

Hi All, I noticed a strange issue today in my Creta facelift 2024 SX(O) 1.5 Turbo DCT. I went to get my three channel dashcam cable routing done today without any hardwiring in Lajpat Nagar, Delhi. The rear camera routing was done through the left side with the standard routing without overlapping on any of the components of the the airbags. After that, I went to pick up my wife from work and then we went to shopping to a nearby mall as well. We returned late in the evening and once we reached near home, my wife wanted to practice driving the new car. So she was just practicing start/stop and U-turns at the car creeping speed in an area where it was a dead end and no vehicles go through it. She tried that multiple times and tried doing reverse and parallel parking as well. She practiced all these for almost 20 minutes. Then while I was instructing her to turn more at a junction, she said that she is not able to turn further and she said it is impossible to turn further even though there was room to turn more. I dismissed it thinking that she is a bit nervous and afraid of getting closer to the divider. And I asked her to do couple of U-turns more and she did it without any issues. Then I took control and drove in a normal speed back to home without any issues.

Now when I was parking near my home, the parking space was tight but can be easily managed with slow speed and correct turn and reverse. I was again trying to move very slowly to get the correct angle to turn and park in reverse and to my surprise the steering wheel moved like maybe 130 degrees (approx. )but no more. It was impossible to move further. I felt the same stiffness as that of the case when the car is parked and the engine is off. I turned the other way and it was the same. It turned around the same angular distance and no more. The other thing I noticed is when I start increasing the speed more than the creep speed then the turn angle increases i.e. I am able to turn more with more speed. But if I am at halt or at car creep pace, it just refuses to turn after a certain point like after turning it for around 130 degrees. After a great deal of back and forth I managed to park in the tight space with that steering wheel disability. I decided to go back home and check online on what can be the possible root cause. It must have been like 30 mins at home and I was planning to check my dashcam footage to see if I had to modify the video settings to a higher resolution, but then I remembered I left the SD card in the car dashcam itself. So I went to get that and during that time I thought I will check once if the steering wheel issue is still there or not. To my surprise, the steering wheel was back to normal as though nothing happened at all. I was able to turn the wheel when the car engine was on and stationary. I checked online and I did find another thread on this related to steering wheel locks up (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...e-driving.html (Steering wheel locks up while driving!)) but this was the opposite of my issue.

I just posted this to see if anyone else had this kind of issue and if yes, then what should be the next steps to prevent this in the future?
Old 1st June 2024, 20:05   #1991
BHPian

Got the dreaded Transmission Overheating error for the first time today after being stuck on an uphill jam for 1 km while entering Mall Road Manali. Drove on for 10 minutes with error and D1 blinking till I pulled over at my hotel gate. The car would not climb further up into the hotel. There was burning smell. Waited for 10 mins and started again. The car climbed and I drove straight to the lobby and parked. Hoping for a safe journey back to Delhi.
Old 25th June 2024, 15:15   #1992

hope the issue got resolved, and nothing much untoward happened
Old 6th July 2024, 16:19   #1993
BHPian

Hi fellow BHPians

Need an urgent expert opinion and diagnosis on my Creta 2017, 1.6 Diesel, MT

The car ran for 55000 kms till date, regularly serviced in the service center

Post the last service in September, in January, at around 50,000 kms there was excessive engine heating that we could feel, and there was coolant water splashed on the inside of the wheels and slightly on the front doors.

I took it to the service centre and they said the engine oil and coolant are getting mixed, they cleaned radiator for any blockages. They kept the car for 2 days drove it for 100 kms and checked thoughly and returned the car

Yesterday, when driving around, there was a thud sound in the engine, so I immediately stopped the car as I didn't want any damage to the engine. I called in a local mechanic to check, and he said that the engine oil is low and not to start the car. I called in the service centre and got the vehicle towed

Today got a call from the service centre, below are the problems that they understood after topping up the engine oil and testing the car
1. Coolant is being pushed up and is spilling. So there is pressure being built up.
2. Could be a possibility of engine oil pushing the coolant up due to a valve fail in the water bed of the engine (which apparently seperates engine oil and coolant in the engine)
3. Head Gasket failure which could push the engine oil and lead to leak /depletion. And the reason for this could be as stated by the service team is if the piston rings are worn which will impact the gasket (I doubt the worn out happening, as the engine has run 55k kms)

The resolution they are suggesting is to open the engine, replace the gasket, and change all the one time parts, and water bed with an estimate of 1 to 2 lakhs

So wanted expert opinion on the issue and how to proceed
Old 17th July 2024, 18:33   #1994
BHPian

I have a problem with my 2020 Creta's (Automatic) rear camera since a week. There is no video seen when I put the car in reverse. While it is not completely black, it is faintly gray and shows some lines, but nothing else is visible. I spoke to the Hyundai SA about this, and he said please send the car to service centre for me to check the problem. The issue is, I am travelling for a week starting tomorrow, and just wondering if it is a lose connection that I can fix or tinker with some settings that may have been changed, so that I don't need to send the car to the service centre. Anybody else faced this problem? Any advice will be helpful!
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Creta : Official Review-rearcamera.png  

Old 18th July 2024, 08:03   #1995
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmshaw View Post
Anybody else faced this problem? Any advice will be helpful!
Did you try opening the boot? There's a weird issue with older Creta where if the rear camera is disconnected, the electronic boot release wont work.

It looks like a loose connection. Suggest you to drop in to a service center and diagnose it.

Most Viewed