Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Search this Thread
Old 24th October 2020, 12:35   #226
BHPian
 
iamitp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 474
Thanked: 1,172 Times
Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by D'Ro@dSt@r View Post
I am yet to get my car, but as far as I remember from my test drives of Creta and Seltos, by default the rotary knob is in the drive select mode and you can rotate Left/right to change drive modes. Once you press it, the traction control mode gets activated.
Try that and let us know in case if its not that way.
Thanks! It worked

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarav100 View Post
I checked in the car today and saw that radio/media is off by default when the car is started as shown below:

Attachment 2071241

So, if 8 inch screen has this option, there should be one available in 10 inch screen as well, maybe exploring settings menu should help.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
If I may pitch in, since the system is common between Creta and Seltos. When you start the car, FM stays on/off based on it's status when you had switched off the car last time. So if you turn off the radio and turn off the car, it will remain off the next time you start.

Thanks Guys! Powering it off manually before shutting off the car does set it to off during the next car start.
iamitp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2020, 21:44   #227
BHPian
 
iamitp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 474
Thanked: 1,172 Times
Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

One more question for fellow Creta owners - Everytime I use the paddle shifters, the transmission switches to manual mode and stays there till I yank the gear shifter to S and back to D. This seems to be the case across all drive modes. Is there a way to automatically default back to automatic transmission after using the paddles once or twice for a quick overtake?
iamitp is offline  
Old 25th October 2020, 00:20   #228
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 30
Thanked: 13 Times
Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamitp View Post
One more question for fellow Creta owners - Everytime I use the paddle shifters, the transmission switches to manual mode and stays there till I yank the gear shifter to S and back to D. This seems to be the case across all drive modes. Is there a way to automatically default back to automatic transmission after using the paddles once or twice for a quick overtake?
You have to press the rear up paddle for couple of seconds to shift back to auto mode
ysomani is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th October 2020, 02:02   #229
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 54
Thanked: 41 Times
Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamitp View Post
Is there a way to automatically default back to automatic transmission after using the paddles once or twice for a quick overtake?
Keeping + paddle shift button pulled up for 3-4 seconds should do the job.
deepakdograbhp is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th October 2020, 08:53   #230
BHPian
 
iamitp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 474
Thanked: 1,172 Times
Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysomani View Post
You have to press the rear up paddle for couple of seconds to shift back to auto mode
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakdograbhp View Post
Keeping + paddle shift button pulled up for 3-4 seconds should do the job.
Thanks guys. Will try this out.
iamitp is offline  
Old 25th October 2020, 17:38   #231
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Chennai
Posts: 16
Thanked: 49 Times
Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshBabu View Post
I ordered the mats from the Autofurnish online site. Given below is the link for black color 7D economy mat, which I bought.
https://www.autofurnish.com/uls-7d-e...eta-2020-black
Hello AshBabu, want to check how the mats are? Is the fit good? Appreciate sharing the link.

Thanks!
karthikkr is offline  
Old 25th October 2020, 21:07   #232
BHPian
 
AshBabu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Chennai
Posts: 176
Thanked: 240 Times
Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthikkr View Post
want to check how the mats are? Is the fit good?

Thanks!
Yes, the mats are good. They cover up well. I had two long trip and it was raining, the mats served well to protect the car carpet from getting muddy
AshBabu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2020, 21:13   #233
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Chennai
Posts: 16
Thanked: 49 Times
Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshBabu View Post
Yes, the mats are good. They cover up well. I had two long trip and it was raining, the mats served well to protect the car carpet from getting muddy
Great. Thanks a lot for the response and suggestion.
karthikkr is offline  
Old 26th October 2020, 13:23   #234
BHPian
 
TkyoPandaMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 55
Thanked: 69 Times
Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

So I was on the Hyundai Website trying to book the Creta 1.4 DCT SX(O) and noticed that on the Exterior color selection, there's no Forest Green color. But when I spoke to the dealership, they told me that it is indeed available in that particular color.

Also, while choosing the interior color, its giving me 2 options now. Obsidian Black and Moss Grey. But I was under the impression that the top-spec SX(O) DCT was only available with Obsidian Black interiors.

Another point to note for the interior color, you only get the second option (Moss Grey) if you choose the Exterior colors Phantom Black and Polar White. If you happen to choose the Lava Orange with Black roof, or the Polar White with Black roof, the only interior option is Obsidian Black.

Any insights on this ?
TkyoPandaMan is offline  
Old 26th October 2020, 15:56   #235
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 525
Thanked: 135 Times
Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

FYI - The accessories available for Hyundai Creta are listed on this website

However, the dealers use the same accessories and charge an obscene amount. One can't even procure it from them as they charge an amount very different from what is written on the website.

e.g. the mats available for INR 899 are being sold at INR 5000 !!!

Is there any way to procure these official accessories without going through a dealer? I am from Mumbai.
kalpeshc is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th October 2020, 17:15   #236
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Thane
Posts: 218
Thanked: 1,105 Times
Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by TkyoPandaMan View Post
So I was on the Hyundai Website trying to book the Creta 1.4 DCT SX(O) and noticed that on the Exterior color selection, there's no Forest Green color. But when I spoke to the dealership, they told me that it is indeed available in that particular color.

Also, while choosing the interior color, its giving me 2 options now. Obsidian Black and Moss Grey. But I was under the impression that the top-spec SX(O) DCT was only available with Obsidian Black interiors.

Another point to note for the interior color, you only get the second option (Moss Grey) if you choose the Exterior colors Phantom Black and Polar White. If you happen to choose the Lava Orange with Black roof, or the Polar White with Black roof, the only interior option is Obsidian Black.

Any insights on this ?
There are bugs in the click2buy website of Hyundai. I confirmed with the web team of click2buy that there is no obsedian black theme interior for SX IVT. It is a known bug, but they still have not fixed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpeshc View Post
FYI - The accessories available for Hyundai Creta are listed on this website

However, the dealers use the same accessories and charge an obscene amount. One can't even procure it from them as they charge an amount very different from what is written on the website.

e.g. the mats available for INR 899 are being sold at INR 5000 !!!

Is there any way to procure these official accessories without going through a dealer? I am from Mumbai.
This is what I did. I went to the dealership accessory team and showed them the website on my mobile and asked them to order that for me. They have placed an order for me. For fitting, they would charge something, which they will let you know at the time of ordering.
ashlil is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th October 2020, 17:34   #237
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 525
Thanked: 135 Times
Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

I'll do exactly as you mentioned. It's just irritating that they do this with customers. Despite the fact that I mentioned to them that this is just a rip-off and help me order the official accessories, they mentioned that it's out of stock with them. It's very difficult to believe that a dealership which sells multiple Cretas a month does not keep stock of basic mudflaps and mats from Hyundai.

They conveniently charged 5K for the same in the price list!! So gullible customers would happily pay them this for the same accessories that officially is available for 1K
kalpeshc is offline  
Old 27th October 2020, 16:02   #238
Senior - BHPian
 
PatienceWins's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,392
Thanked: 702 Times
Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by D'Ro@dSt@r View Post
I am yet to get my car, but as far as I remember from my test drives of Creta and Seltos, by default the rotary knob is in the drive select mode and you can rotate Left/right to change drive modes. Once you press it, the traction control mode gets activated.
Try that and let us know in case if its not that way.

Did you get delivery of the car? I am also planning to go for the same trim. Feedback of your delivery experience and any recommended sales executive in Advaith, ORR, will be helpful as it is close to my home. Thanks
PatienceWins is offline  
Old 27th October 2020, 16:46   #239
BHPian
 
D'Ro@dSt@r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: KA05, OD15,MH03
Posts: 183
Thanked: 292 Times
Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
Did you get delivery of the car? I am also planning to go for the same trim. Feedback of your delivery experience and any recommended sales executive in Advaith, ORR, will be helpful as it is close to my home. Thanks
Yes, picked it up on sunday afternoon and the delivery experience with Advaith ORR has been good. I would definitely recommend the sales advisor Ashwin Kumar who was very prompt in answering my queries and kept me updated throughout the process from booking till delivery. Initially the expected waiting period was 2 months, but he got a car allocated in a month's time. Had the lethargic bank guys cleared my application earlier, would have picked it up with registration on friday and made use of the long weekend well
As far as the car is concerned, didnt got a chance to stretch her legs yet as it will be registered today and waiting for the number to be assigned. Only reason I wanted the SX(O) trim was the availability of 6 airbags which is the prime requirement as wifey and our 3 yr old sit at the back and didnt wanted to compromise on their safety.
If needed you can PM me and I can share the SA contact details.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Creta : Official Review-img_20201025_140550.jpg  

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-img_20201025_142009.jpg  

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-img_20201025_142257.jpg  

D'Ro@dSt@r is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 27th October 2020, 19:03   #240
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 30
Thanked: 13 Times
Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by D'Ro@dSt@r View Post
If needed you can PM me and I can share the SA contact details.
Congratulations and wish you many happy miles and memories...

Please share the contact details with me. Sorry cant send you a DM as i cant see that option on me. I have been talking with Trident guys for the same trim. My experience with SA i was talking to at Advaith ORR has been very bad. He said that it will take 2 to 3 months for the delivery (same colour as yours) and hence, i deferred the plan as i will get delivery in December. Wanted delivery before Diwali. Otherwise makes sense to defer it to next year jan.

Will offcourse be difficult to get delivery before Diwali now but i will try my luck. Thanks in advance.
ysomani is offline   (1) Thanks
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2023, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks