Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st October 2020, 16:50   #256
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

I did my first fuel refill since my purchase and went on a short drive along the Pune BLR bypass up to Katraj and back to Bavdhan. The traffic was moderately high, and the fuel efficiency numbers that came in were interesting. If this is the situation in moderate traffic, I am sure that driving at decent speeds between 75-100 kph in light traffic will give great FE numbers.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Creta : Official Review-img_3793.jpg  

fhdowntheline is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 1st November 2020, 10:24   #257

Hey guys, does anyone know what’s the size and brand of brake discs provided with the Creta SX(O) trim ?
Old 2nd November 2020, 13:24   #258

Finally got my 1.5SX IVT Petrol Typhoon Silver. HMP Chennai was really fantastic with everything. SA Vignesh V really helped through the processes. Excellent experience.

Really liked the Silver color variant, since it accentuates the black cladding very well. Have a silver Micra anyways, so probably am biased!

Did couple of long drives on ECR (East Coast Road), Chennai. The car really felt stable and comfortable to drive. Excellent mileage. It was a Saturday afternoon and not much of traffic, but still it's very good in my opinion for a Hyundai. Didn't get a chance to validate against Fuelio, yet.

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-img_20201031_144049.jpg

Also, saw a quirky thing under the front passenger seats. There are 3 screws pointing out! Understand it's a provision for the amplifier for the top end version. It's an eye sore (although it's pretty hidden under the seats). Spoke to the showroom guys and they promised to cover it with some cap during the 1st service.

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-img_20201031_144528.jpg

But, overall super pleased! Thanks to AshBabu, have ordered the 7D mats. Also, thanks to RavenAvi, his thread really helped me to narrow down to the options!
karthikkr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2020, 18:52   #259

I just returned after completing the PDI at the dealer's stockyard. To my surprise, the production date of the allotted vehicle was 26th October 2020 (just 7 days old ) as per Hyundai Motors Services website and which happens to be mine and my dad's birth date as well

Well, the PDI went fine and I made the transfer of the remaining amount, expecting it to be ready for delivery within 2 to 3 days.

I saw dozen of new i20 as well at the stockyard and I must say the new i20 looks way better in reality when compared to the pictures.
ashish2610 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2020, 17:43   #260
BHPian

Having read most of the comments on threads and the ownership reviews I see that most of the variants booked on Team-BHP have been SX and higher.

Given that Creta E is a VFM product and the amount of customization options it provides I thought would have seen more Creta E variants on the forum as well.

Is there some issue with the E variant that have been not touched upon?
E diesel seems to be a good option for someone thinking about Sonet/Venue mid variants.
Old 3rd November 2020, 18:12   #261
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdrive View Post
Having read most of the comments on threads and the ownership reviews I see that most of the variants booked on Team-BHP have been SX and higher.

E diesel seems to be a good option for someone thinking about Sonet/Venue mid variants.
My 2 cents - most car owners want a fuss-free ownership starting from the dealership. So the car needs to have the bare-minimum safety & convenience functions they expect from a car. Not everyone is OK to buy a car and run around for aftermarket updates, additions & electric modifications to uplift a base variant to make it similar to a higher trim. So even if it costs higher - most owners pick the peace of mind of a sufficiently kitted out car trim that ticks all boxes off the showroom floor. And it makes sense too. A Creta E you really need to drive to an accessory store for 1 day worth of work straight from the showroom. That's how bare bones it generally is. Is it good enough to drive as a car? Yes - but is it loaded enough to use without any upgrades - not at all.

In fact - we can be sure that the car makers also keep this dynamic in the mind. The pricing is made such a way that most people will be convinced by sales staff to pick a higher trim. Lower trims also tend to be made in lower numbers thus maintaining a higher waiting period in most cases. Higher trims = higher margin for the car makers. So marketing and sales strategies are made to ensure higher trims roll off in higher volumes. It all works like a well oiled machine.

No - there aren't any lower trim specific issues known about the Creta.

Last edited by Reinhard : 3rd November 2020 at 18:16.
Reinhard is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2020, 18:17   #262

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashish2610 View Post
I just returned after completing the PDI at the dealer's stockyard. To my surprise, the production date of the allotted vehicle was 26th October 2020 (just 7 days old ) as per Hyundai Motors Services website and which happens to be mine and my dad's birth date as well

Well, the PDI went fine and I made the transfer of the remaining amount, expecting it to be ready for delivery within 2 to 3 days.

I saw dozen of new i20 as well at the stockyard and I must say the new i20 looks way better in reality when compared to the pictures.
Nice to know ! Can you tell me what was your waiting period for this ? I have booked on 1st Oct and still waiting.
Old 3rd November 2020, 19:12   #263
BHPian

The price difference between lower and higher trims is definately more than getting aftermarket accessories but again the fit and finish you get with factory fitted accessories is way better than aftermarket.

Service & support is not the best with after market installations either.
You procure accessories from different shops and thereby getting support means running pillar to post to get them serviced if need be.

I remember one of my friends got an aftermarket HU installed which was top of the line at that time and 3 years down the lane he faced some issues and surprisingly service guys took ages to procure the spares reason being the model is no longer in production.

Atop of that godforbid if it screws your electricals or mechanicals then you end up voiding warranty.

I calculated the actual difference if i buy accessories from outside as against a higher trim and trust me the difference is not a deal breaker when you consider the above points.

Mechnicals being the same i dont see any issues with running of the vehicle.
Artyom is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2020, 19:34   #264

Quote:

Given that Creta E is a VFM product and the amount of customization options it provides I thought would have seen more Creta E variants on the forum as well.

E variant of diesel is not readily available. I booked one on 20 september and got Estimated Delivery Date of Dec-Jan. This situation is all over India.
At 11.30 Lakh, E variant is still better than sub-4 meter SUVs. The only modification I want is a music system.
If Hyundai decides to manufacture More of E variant, creta may top the sales chart.
amitkuch is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th November 2020, 05:54   #265
Senior - BHPian

Its an ecosystem isnt it- the lower trims create the market opportunities for 3rd party products and accessory shops. Not many people will mod the high trims except for tyres perhaps. And there is practically no need to- you get alloys, larger tyres, Infotainment covered under warranty, and good quality speakers. Not to mention better safety features.Yes you pay nearly double the price, but thats what it is.
fhdowntheline is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2020, 11:09   #266

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudhirbharadwaj View Post
Nice to know ! Can you tell me what was your waiting period for this ? I have booked on 1st Oct and still waiting.
The waiting period was 15 days. I booked it on 14th October and the car was available for PDI in stockyard on 31st October. The dealer here had black SX 1.5 Petrol readily available when I booked but since I was particular about white I chose to wait.

Which variant did you book? I see diesel cars have a higher waiting period.
ashish2610 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2020, 11:16   #267
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhdowntheline View Post
Not to mention better safety features.Yes you pay nearly double the price, but thats what it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by amitkuch View Post
If Hyundai decides to manufacture More of E variant, creta may top the sales chart.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artyom View Post

Mechnicals being the same i dont see any issues with running of the vehicle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Higher trims = higher margin for the car makers. So marketing and sales strategies are made to ensure higher trims roll off in higher volumes. It all works like a well oiled machine.
No - there aren't any lower trim specific issues known about the Creta.
Thanks for all your response, while I understand it's a money making business, it's disappointing that most of the Safety features are only reserved for top end trims.
I mean forget about ESP, TC etc. even rear washer wiper is made to look like a premium feature by the manufacturers
I've said this earlier on the forum, Creta SX with Sunroof has all the safety features required, but what about someone who doesn't want sunroof?
I still think Hyundai should get a SX variant with optional Sunroof (for people who don't want sunroof, or people on tighter budget but want the safety features)
firstdrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2020, 11:40   #268
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I mean forget about ESP, TC etc. even rear washer wiper is made to look like a premium feature by the manufacturers
Some of these things can be fixed by govt regulation which requires all hatchback s and SUVs to be fitted with washer/wipers by default. I think in the coming years, ESP will be made mandatory.
fhdowntheline is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th November 2020, 20:06   #269
BHPian

Need a help on the TPMS issue. When I took the delivery, the Tyres were at 42-45 level. I got them deflated completely and got Nitrogen filled in with 33 PSI at the fuel station. The very next day TPMS started giving me low air pressure signal on the front right tyre. I tried using my portable inflator and got the level back to 33. Now the issue is that the TPMS still shows me a low pressure issue with 32 as the reading from that tyre.
Is there a way that it can be reset and brought back to normal or Anyone else faced this issue and can help me with a resolution?
D'Ro@dSt@r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2020, 20:47   #270

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashish2610 View Post
The waiting period was 15 days. I booked it on 14th October and the car was available for PDI in stockyard on 31st October. The dealer here had black SX 1.5 Petrol readily available when I booked but since I was particular about white I chose to wait.

Which variant did you book? I see diesel cars have a higher waiting period.
I booked SXO DCT variant. I followed up yet again today with Advaith OOR sales person and he says the allocations havent come yet as new i20 has been launched and thats a priority.

Still waiting for the car since 1st Oct - hopefully should get delivery before Diwali !

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks