Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th November 2020, 16:40   #286
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

I took my Creta SXO for another highway drive last Sunday, this time to Lonavala and surrounding areas.. The objective was to check out the expressway ride on a proper tarmac unlike the pathetic Pune-Satara section of the highway which I tried earlier. Then we also decided to take the car up to Lions Point, which would give a good sense of the mountain road performance.
I really liked the performance of the car on the expressway. The best part was the way it eased into the 100 kph speed range without significant pedal inputs-there was never a moment where I had to push the pedal a bit more than usual, and it felt very comfortable in that 90-110 zone which is what I would call the ideal one for this car, as it gives very good mileage (between 18-20 in my case). The car feels planted, and eager for more.. I have seen videos of people taking the diesel Creta up to 170 kph, but that would be quite dangerous for any car in India. Touched the 120 kph mark briefly just to hear the constant speed alarm. I think this is one good feature that has been mandated by the authorities as it stirs up some level of conscience in you and your fellow passengers.
On the climb up to the Lions Point, the car had absolutely no issues- the only observation being, that I felt a wee-bit of a turbo lag while the transmission worked through the shifts, particularly on one of the really steep hairpin bends midway through the route (regular visitors would know what I am talking about). I used the paddle shifters while descending to mimic the first/second gear (which is kinda necessary there).
All in all, it was a satisfying experience and the car performed as per expectations.In the process, I also crossed the first minor milestone of 1000kms.

On a side note- Lonavala seems to be coming back to its normal touristy self. While we went early, there were already a few dozen cars and of course the ubiquitous superbike/cruiser bike gang who were doing their usual Sunday vrooming.
Some pictures-
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Creta : Official Review-img_3812.png  

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-img_3813.png  

Attached Images

Last edited by fhdowntheline : 11th November 2020 at 16:42.
fhdowntheline is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 11th November 2020, 18:44   #287
Senior - BHPian

Does the new Creta run an AdBlue setup or a LNT ?
Old 11th November 2020, 18:45   #288
BHPian

Just read that the Indian Kia Seltos scored an abysmal 3 star in the Global NCAP rating.

While I may not be very well aware of the technicalities of the tests, I'd love to hear out the opinion of the learned members here. Given the erstwhile Creta scored a satisfactory 4 star in the NCAP coupled with the fact that the new Creta comes with 74.3% advanced high-steel strength ( atleast advertised so ), would the new Creta still triumph over the Seltos on the NCAP ?
Old 11th November 2020, 18:53   #289
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandatrooper View Post
Given the erstwhile Creta scored a satisfactory 4 star in the NCAP coupled with the fact that the new Creta comes with 74.3% advanced high-steel strength ( atleast advertised so ), would the new Creta still triumph over the Seltos on the NCAP ?
1. Ertwhile Creta was not tested by Global NCAP, not for the Indian market. Ratings from other markets are irrelevant here, as even the Seltos received excellent ratings from both IIHS and ANCAP.

2. Seltos was advertised to have 73% high strength steel as well. We now know it didn't really help anyways.

CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 11th November 2020, 18:55   #290
BHPian

A user in the Creta owners FB group has posted an issue he has faced with his SXO DCT and how Hyundai does not have the parts in stock which need to be imported.

Sharing it here for the benefit of the respective users.

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-screenshot-20201111-18.52.23.png
sv97 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th November 2020, 12:19   #291

Hey Creta owners, I have the car for about a month now (1st service still pending). I have noticed that the rear parking camera is slightly offset in the display.

What I mean is that the actual position of the car is about a feet offset from what's shown on the display in terms of the parking slot markings.

Is that an issue with the rear camera placement or configuration ? Has anybody else noticed this ?
Old 12th November 2020, 13:15   #292
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjab View Post
Does the new Creta run an AdBlue setup or a LNT ?
No provision for AdBlue-it has LNT.
Old 12th November 2020, 17:45   #293
Senior - BHPian

Quite frankly, the message delivered by GNCAP is lost on the Indian public now (judging by the sales of the GNCAP rated unsafe cars) . All it does is to give some data and inflame passionate forums like ours.

The real deal would be when (if ever) the higher GNCAP criteria are adopted by Bharat Safety Assessment program and then the products are "filtered" out from there, judged by a Constitutionally mandated independent organisation. And we are just talking about frontal collisions here. If we really have to raise the bar, let us advocate raising it to the highest levels incorporating all possible safety measures. In a country where a lot of people still dont use a helmet (for example in a literate, modern city like Pune) , berating one or two manufacturers for low safety scores is like showing selective outrage.

Last edited by fhdowntheline : 12th November 2020 at 17:47.
fhdowntheline is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2020, 18:24   #294
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhdowntheline View Post
Quite frankly, the message delivered by GNCAP is lost on the Indian public now (judging by the sales of the GNCAP rated unsafe cars) . All it does is to give some data and inflame passionate forums like ours.

The real deal would be when (if ever) the higher GNCAP criteria are adopted by Bharat Safety Assessment program and then the products are "filtered" out from there, judged by a Constitutionally mandated independent organisation. And we are just talking about frontal collisions here. If we really have to raise the bar, let us advocate raising it to the highest levels incorporating all possible safety measures. In a country where a lot of people still dont use a helmet (for example in a literate, modern city like Pune) , berating one or two manufacturers for low safety scores is like showing selective outrage.
I don't think anybody expected that GNCAP would come out with ratings and then all of a sudden the Indian public would sit up and enmasse boycott the substandard products from a lot of these companies.

Change like this takes time and we need to show the maturity and patience for it. Independence, realization of Women's rights, recognition of global warming and so many other things we not done in one day.

With time you will see that even non-enthusiasts are aware of safety ratings of cars to an extent and ofcourse Team-BHP members can help raise awareness of all this. I see a lot more people flaunting Altroz/Nexon/XUV300 ratings on SM. I don't remember the public talking about safety to this extent a decade ago.

Also, don't hold your breath for a Government to take care of you and your family. We can vote with our wallets too. GNCAP has my respect for doing this thankless job. I don't really care if they are not appointed by the Government of India. The tests are standardized and the results are released for all to see and judge.

I am all for increased safety features but I am not sure why certain members keep coming to the defense of these organizations with false equivalences. If someone decides to put his life at risk not wearing a helmet while riding that idiot knows what he is doing.

But if a manufacturer throws up useless jargon like world class product and 73% high tensile strength steel etc. to just fill out the content space on a PPT file/brochure and then scores less than some of the cheapest cars in India then they need to be called out.

Oh and there is no way that anyone can convince me that Creta is going to score more than 3 star in GNCAP unless they go and actually do the test at this point.

For all those who are considering the new Creta - It is great car but if safety has slipped your mind then caveat emptor (as depressing as that sounds)!
JithinR is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 13th November 2020, 15:54   #295
BHPian

Hi Bhpians!
A friend is looking for Creta SX Diesel Manual/Auto in Delhi NCR and adjoining States. But he needs it before 4th December, for gifting in his Sister’s Marriage.
I tried reasoning with him regarding the less than stellar performance of Seltos in GNCAP, but it seems they are fixated on the Sun Roof equipped Creta.

Any help regarding quick delivery/ or if anyone cancelled theirbooking is appreciated!
Old 13th November 2020, 16:20   #296
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by buntee90 View Post
Hi Bhpians!
A friend is looking for Creta SX Diesel Manual/Auto in Delhi NCR and adjoining States. But he needs it before 4th December, for gifting in his Sister’s Marriage.
I tried reasoning with him regarding the less than stellar performance of Seltos in GNCAP, but it seems they are fixated on the Sun Roof equipped Creta.

Any help regarding quick delivery/ or if anyone cancelled theirbooking is appreciated!
Try to go for the SXO Manual/Automatic- which may be available earlier. I got mine shipped out in 12 days. You also get more safety equipment.
Old 14th November 2020, 05:24   #297

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandatrooper View Post
Just read that the Indian Kia Seltos scored an abysmal 3 star in the Global NCAP rating.

While I may not be very well aware of the technicalities of the tests, I'd love to hear out the opinion of the learned members here. Given the erstwhile Creta scored a satisfactory 4 star in the NCAP coupled with the fact that the new Creta comes with 74.3% advanced high-steel strength ( atleast advertised so ), would the new Creta still triumph over the Seltos on the NCAP ?
The
I believe the tests are carried out on the base models. Now the base models don't really come with a lot of safety features in the name of cost cutting. Am confident that the SX or the SXO if tested would fare better and that reflects in their prices. So for the consumer the choice is available , go for a lower safety creta E or Ex for the comfort and the size or go for a top end venue for instance with all the safety features.
Having said that , I feel that it should be made mandatory for every car to go through these tests and the results should be available for the consumer. I would even say let each variant be graded .I may be wrong but today I think this isnt mandatory.
Old 14th November 2020, 08:09   #298
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulinthecity View Post
The
I believe the tests are carried out on the base models. Now the base models don't really come with a lot of safety features in the name of cost cutting. Am confident that the SX or the SXO if tested would fare better and that reflects in their prices.
Sorry to nitpick, but that's not true. Body structure being rated unstable means that it won't be helped by a dozen more airbags.
Cessna182 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th November 2020, 10:37   #299
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexios View Post
Hey Creta owners, I have the car for about a month now (1st service still pending). I have noticed that the rear parking camera is slightly offset in the display.

What I mean is that the actual position of the car is about a feet offset from what's shown on the display in terms of the parking slot markings.

Is that an issue with the rear camera placement or configuration ? Has anybody else noticed this ?
The camera keeps a couple feet margin when projecting car reference within the yellow lines. Else put a picture here.
Old 14th November 2020, 13:38   #300

I finally got a delivery date for my Creta SXO DCT booking. Will be taking delivery on Nov 24th or 25th. Dealer insisted on full amount before registration and apparently this is the new norm. Beyond a point I just gave up and got money transferred thru my loan account at Bank.

Hope to pin my experience in a month or two.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks