Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th November 2020, 14:49   #301
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudhirbharadwaj View Post
Dealer insisted on full amount before registration and apparently this is the new norm. Beyond a point I just gave up and got money transferred thru my loan account at Bank
Full amount 'before registration' is absolutely normal. But 'full' amount (major chunk at the least) transfer should happen Post your pre-delivery inspection and Before your registration process starts. Would recommend Not to do full amount transfer before your inspection of the car. Even in case you have already transferred the amount, do insist on inspection before registration starts (if not already planned)
srikanthmadhava is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th November 2020, 17:29   #302

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cessna182 View Post
Sorry to nitpick, but that's not true. Body structure being rated unstable means that it won't be helped by a dozen more airbags.
Agree with you on the body structure aspect. However , it is not the be all end all for deciding the ratings. Simple additions such as dual airbags ,three point seatbelts , isofix do add up to the points . We find these today more on the higher end variants.
Another point is that these are front impact tests. Side crash impacts aren't tested yet. If these are done we will possibly see even worse results.
Again my argument is not on the personal safety point of view. My point is merely how companies by adding a few features could get into 3star or 4 star bracket. Maruti doesn't care obviously.
Rahulinthecity is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2020, 17:35   #303

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudhirbharadwaj View Post
I finally got a delivery date for my Creta SXO DCT booking. Will be taking delivery on Nov 24th or 25th. Dealer insisted on full amount before registration and apparently this is the new norm. Beyond a point I just gave up and got money transferred thru my loan account at Bank.

Hope to pin my experience in a month or two.
Congratulations Sudhir Did you drive the IVT as well and if so any reasons why you chose to exclude the IVT.
I am in a similar position as you are . Heart says dct but the brain says ivt or even manual.
Rahulinthecity is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2020, 19:43   #304
Senior - BHPian

If you need a petrol car and dont need all that power/ torque ie a sedate driver, then CVT is not a bad option.
fhdowntheline is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2020, 20:16   #305

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulinthecity View Post
Congratulations Sudhir Did you drive the IVT as well and if so any reasons why you chose to exclude the IVT.
I am in a similar position as you are . Heart says dct but the brain says ivt or even manual.
Rahul - thank you. I didn't drive IVT at all. I was very much fixated on DCT because I had driven DSG in Vento before and was totally floored with it. DCT might not be in the same league as DSG but certainly worth a shot.

Went totally by Team BHPs review on this. Certainly IVT is a value for money having read other reviews too. Go for what your heart says finally !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikanthmadhava View Post
Full amount 'before registration' is absolutely normal. But 'full' amount (major chunk at the least) transfer should happen Post your pre-delivery inspection and Before your registration process starts. Would recommend Not to do full amount transfer before your inspection of the car. Even in case you have already transferred the amount, do insist on inspection before registration starts (if not already planned)
Totally agree in this Srikanth. I am doing PDI still before registration. That being said , this is 2020 and certainly things have been topsy turvy.

1. Bank manager profusely thanked me for taking a loan. 2. Am following up with dealer on the car everyday so much that the sales person said that I could cancel the booking too since he can't deliver the car before Nov end.
3. DEALER changing process of payment completely to suit their needs and doesn't budge an inch - client centricity tossed out of window.

This is a worrying trend in whichever way you look at it. I just hope demand revives strongly that customer is back as king.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 14th November 2020 at 20:28. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please use the multi-quote button (QUOTE+) while quoting and replying to multiple posts at once. Thanks.
Old 15th November 2020, 15:11   #306
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamitp View Post
Any tips on the process for getting a replacement manual? I am more concerned about the free service entries and the warranty slip.
Need not worry about the manual if service entries and warranty slip are your only concern.
Download the 'Hyundai Care' app and add your car. Both this information is available in the app itself. It is much more convenient compared to retaining the manual.

Last edited by BlackPearl : 15th November 2020 at 17:31. Reason: Fixed broken quote. Thanks.
AK79 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2020, 20:53   #307
BHPian

Like the new Creta. I am confused about the model to go for. Initially thinking of the petrol manual S version. Then looked at the diesel manual EX version. Surprised to find it quiite a bit cheaper. Confused now. Should i go for Petrol S ( higher price, lower mileage) or Diesel EX ( cheaper, missing a few goodies, better mileage and torque). Anyone willing to share their thoughts regarding this dilemma. Just adding that my monthly running will be definitely < 1000 kms
HONESTabdul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2020, 21:01   #308
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HONESTabdul View Post
Like the new Creta. I am confused about the model to go for. Initially thinking of the petrol manual S version. Then looked at the diesel manual EX version. Surprised to find it quiite a bit cheaper. Confused now. Should i go for Petrol S ( higher price, lower mileage) or Diesel EX ( cheaper, missing a few goodies, better mileage and torque). Anyone willing to share their thoughts regarding this dilemma. Just adding that my monthly running will be definitely < 1000 kms
I am also in the same dilemma. But have finally made my mind to switch my EX petrol booking to S petrol. With NGT browbeating govts to ban diesels pan India like Delhi its like playing a game of whack a mole. If you have a short term ownership plan you may go ahead with diesel but if yoh think long term petrol is better. Mileage difference isn't very big compared to NA petrol. 10-12 city. 14 to 18 highway as per owners. Diesel does 14 to 16 city and 20 to 22 highway. But keep in mind maintenance costs differ, might take longer to break even. And the diesel future is unknown.
Nithesh_M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2020, 21:27   #309
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nithesh_M View Post
I am also in the same dilemma. But have finally made my mind to switch my EX petrol booking to S petrol. With NGT browbeating govts to ban diesels pan India like Delhi its like playing a game of whack a mole. If you have a short term ownership plan you may go ahead with diesel but if yoh think long term petrol is better. Mileage difference isn't very big compared to NA petrol. 10-12 city. 14 to 18 highway as per owners. Diesel does 14 to 16 city and 20 to 22 highway. But keep in mind maintenance costs differ, might take longer to break even. And the diesel future is unknown.
True sir, those thought s are crossing my mind too. Petrol S is tempting.
Old 15th November 2020, 22:43   #310
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nithesh_M View Post
I am also in the same dilemma. But have finally made my mind to switch my EX petrol booking to S petrol.
Quote:
True sir, those thought s are crossing my mind too. Petrol S is tempting.
Can you please share why are you considering S over EX?
It will help others to decide as well, considering the price difference of close to 1.5L from EX to S but it still misses out on the safety features that are available only in SX variant
Old 15th November 2020, 22:45   #311
AYP
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The Diesel 1.5 is much better to drive than the 1.5 NA petrol. If performance is something to which you assign more than average priority, go for the EX diesel. Features will only pamper you only for so far, the engine will always keep you smiling. And Hey, it's not that the you are going for the base E trim. The EX has decent enough features to keep you satisfied. Also, the S offers only incremental feature upgrades over the EX and it's not worth compromising on a better engine for the sake of these incremental features.

For the money you save, you can get yourself a nice set of alloys while enjoying a superior engine with a better mileage.

Last edited by AYP : 15th November 2020 at 22:48.
AYP is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2020, 22:47   #312
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdrive View Post
It will help others to decide as well, considering the price difference of close to 1.5L from EX to S but it still misses out on the safety features that are available only in SX variant
Though the S misses out on the Sx safety features, it does have a rear camera and cruise control. That is what I noticed. Then again for those two things one of which I cannot get fitted aftermarket, the price difference between Ex and S does seem too much.
In the end back to where I started. confused
HONESTabdul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2020, 00:19   #313
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdrive View Post
The SX is sitting at 17.05 lakhs OTR where I'm from. If I was in Delhi I could snag the same at 15.xx odd rupees and I'd have no issues with that. I have a hard time justifying the Creta top end pricing so I was content with the lower models from day 1. Unfortunately Hyundai pushed the EX petrol to a higher road tax slab in Karnataka from the day of my booking. So now there's a paltry difference of 1.65 lakhs between S and EX. For that money you do get the auto A/C, rear defogger and wiper, push button start with keyless entry, led taillamps, rear camera with guidelines, roof rails(useless but aesthetic), chrome grille(prefer base grille), fog lamps and most importantly factory fitment.

The led headlights as per most customers of the SX and SX O models are not much useful in certain driving conditions at night. The sunroof is pretty much useless in a hot and humid city like mine that's also dusty. The only things I'll miss is TC, ESC and Hill Hold Assist and maybe adjustable headrests for rear passengers. But 15 is about as high as I'd stretch for a FWD crossover.
Nithesh_M is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th November 2020, 10:41   #314
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamitp View Post
Update -
Overall, I feel the TPMS execution by Hyundai is glitched. No one should get a warning after filling the tyres at manufacturer recommended pressure (33). Why the TPMS readings seem to go off the mark at 33 psi is beyond me.
I'm facing the same issue in lowline TPMS (S model) also. Got warning when I was in Sonamarg (temperature= -7 degree Celsius) and on checking, found the rear tyre pressure to be 29.5 PSI. I topped it us to 33 PSI but warning wouldn't go away. Didn't fill beyond 33 PSI as it would compromise ride quality in hilly terrain significantly. The warning is still there and it refuses to go away.

This implementation of TPMS is very bad. Warning should go away as soon as tyre pressure exceeds 32 PSI.
sarav100 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2020, 13:11   #315
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Ratings from other markets are irrelevant here, as even the Seltos received excellent ratings from both IIHS and ANCAP.

2. Seltos was advertised to have 73% high strength steel as well. We now know it didn't really help anyways.
It is only fair to add these points to the pros & cons section of Creta’s official review here. This section continues to have similar “Safety package contains...” mentioned in the cons section, misleading people who take decision based on TeamBhp reviews to assume that it is a very safe car. This will also help counter misinformation on the web that quote other NCAP scores to project safety of Seltos/Creta that are irrelevant for India. I sincerely hope this is done. At least a mention in cons saying “Not yet tested by any NCAP yet” & “Seltos with same platform barely managed to score 3 stars in GNCAP”. I mean, there is a comparison with Seltos in the official review even in the cons section.

I just saw a white 2020 creta at a supermarket near my house and it’s looks are kinda growing on me. It may not be the best looking cross-over like a Seltos, but I can surely understand why many people are not put off by its looks. And it doesn’t look small by any standards, and significantly better road presence than the ~4m Subcompact cross-overs in India.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks