Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th December 2020, 21:52   #406

Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Hey folks,
A slightly noobish question here. So the Hyundai dealership I booked my Creta at has a tie up with my bank, so they offered a decent interest rate for the financing. My bank's relationship manager undercut the interest rate by about 0.05%. Is there any advantage of going with the Hyundai's own executive with respect to RTO registration and hypothecation and stuff as opposed to doing it from my bank?

Also, my executive told me straight up that I can't go ahead with external insurance. I'm currently being quoted about 10-12k lesser from the external insurance but I would like to know if the battle for external insurance is a beneficial one. Especially when Ive heard horror stories about dealerships moving allotted cars to someone else if in-house insurance is not taken.
FettyG is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2020, 14:09   #407
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FettyG View Post
Hey folks,
A slightly noobish question here. So the Hyundai dealership I booked my Creta at has a tie up with my bank, so they offered a decent interest rate for the financing. My bank's relationship manager undercut the interest rate by about 0.05%. Is there any advantage of going with the Hyundai's own executive with respect to RTO registration and hypothecation and stuff as opposed to doing it from my bank?

Also, my executive told me straight up that I can't go ahead with external insurance. I'm currently being quoted about 10-12k lesser from the external insurance but I would like to know if the battle for external insurance is a beneficial one. Especially when Ive heard horror stories about dealerships moving allotted cars to someone else if in-house insurance is not taken.
Get insurance from outside, your benefits would be more than 10-12K to be honest. In my case it was close to 30K savings for SX IVT
kalpeshc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2020, 17:28   #408
BHPian

This is one of the reasons we all love our rides, they take us to places like these..
Took her out for a drive to a nearby lake and we were welcomed by this view.

Really enjoyed the drive with some twisties on the way and the approach to the lake was a muddy n slushy road, used the traction control with Mud terrain mode and it was able to come up the slope with any wheelspin or drama.

I do drive with a heavy foot whenever i get to see empty stretches and with that as well, was able to see 15.1 kmpl for 160 km round trip.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Creta : Official Review-img_20201205_142503.jpg  

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-img_20201205_153449.jpg  

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-img_20201205_153442.jpg  

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-img_20201205_143640.jpg  

D'Ro@dSt@r is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 7th December 2020, 12:32   #409

Hey folks!

Long time lurker here, but finally decided to sign up and post my impressions of the Creta 1.5l IVT, because I haven't seen too many first impressions about that variant on T-BHP apart from RavenAvi's excellent thread.

In Comfort mode, I'd describe the performance of the car as adequate, particularly if you drive with a light foot.

From a standstill, the vehicle launches in a fairly sprightly manner typical of CVT autos, and while there isn't any "punch", you'll hit 80kph much faster than you might be used to on a typical manual vehicle (no perceptible gearshifts are observed when driven with a light foot). I came from a 1.2l MPI Polo, which isn't a particularly fast car, and the Creta in Comfort mode feels about the same.

While in motion, depress the A pedal and give the gearbox a second - it'll drop to the appropriate ratio pretty smoothly and give you fairly seamless overtakes at city speeds. However, if you've got a heavy foot, you'll feel the "rubber-band" effect, albeit not for long - but the boomy sound of the revs climbing momentarily can get annoying if you do this frequently.

If you're impatient (like me!), enable Sport mode.
Here, the character of the vehicle changes entirely, to a point where the gearbox feels much more like a VW DSG (apologies if that sounds like blasphemy!). The engine stays above 2000rpm, which is frankly not noticeable inside the cabin with the excellent refinement.
No matter what speed you're doing, floor it and the car will punch ahead, with the gearbox never being confused in any way about your intention. Almost no perceptible rubber band effect here. Sure, it's nothing on the punch you'll get with the DCT model, but frankly I never felt wanting of power, especially while driving in city traffic, or even on a short highway run. If you're upgrading from a smaller car, like I did - the Sport mode definitely put a smile on my face.

Finally, an interesting hack I picked up - if you don't want to scare your passengers and want to keep things civil, drive in Comfort mode with the gear selector in D mode. But if there's a gap you want to close, move it over into S and gearbox will react instantly. Slot back into D when you're ahead. This appears to be an alternative to constantly switching drive modes.

Hope this has been helpful. Happy to answer any questions!
hellrouse is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th December 2020, 13:11   #410
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D'Ro@dSt@r View Post
I do drive with a heavy foot whenever i get to see empty stretches and with that as well, was able to see 15.1 kmpl for 160 km round trip.
My mileage seems to vary hugely. On a 30 KM Delhi - Greater Noida run in Eco mode with a lot of cruise controlling, I got 23 KMPL. However, with my usual Central Delhi sports mode spurts, I usually get 8 KMPL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellrouse View Post
Hey folks!
Finally, an interesting hack I picked up - if you don't want to scare your passengers and want to keep things civil, drive in Comfort mode with the gear selector in D mode. But if there's a gap you want to close, move it over into S and gearbox will react instantly. Slot back into D when you're ahead. This appears to be an alternative to constantly switching drive modes.
Isn't it easier to use paddle shifters?
iamitp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2020, 14:22   #411
Senior - BHPian

Just pitching in on the mileage data being reported by others. On a morning highway trip last weekend : Pune-Lonavala-Pune, outbound via Old Highway, Inbound via Expressway, I managed to average 23 kmpl at speeds between 70-90 kph, and 21 kmpl overall, maintaining speeds between 95-110 on the Expressway. All this in Comfort mode, 100% of the time.

This is better than what I remember getting on the Duster or even my earlier Dzire MJD (comparing my previous oil burners).
And of course, the smoothness/refinement is incredible. It would be safe to say that what 1.5 iVTEC is to Honda City in terms of refinement, the 1.5 CRDI is to the Creta.

I also couldn't help noticing at the McD's parking lot that the 2020 Creta actually stands out in the company of equal sized cars. The design may not be to everyone's taste, but it is quirky and also feels fairly substantial especially when viewed from the front between 4 o'Clock and 8 o'Clock position.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Creta : Official Review-photo3.jpg  

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-photo2.jpg  

Last edited by fhdowntheline : 7th December 2020 at 14:25.
fhdowntheline is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th December 2020, 16:57   #412

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamitp View Post
My mileage seems to vary hugely. On a 30 KM Delhi - Greater Noida run in Eco mode with a lot of cruise controlling, I got 23 KMPL. However, with my usual Central Delhi sports mode spurts, I usually get 8 KMPL.

Isn't it easier to use paddle shifters?
Paddle shifters only drop one ratio at a time. Moving the shifter to S moves it directly into whichever the appropriate ratio for that speed/accelerator pressure combination is.

Annoying thing with the paddle shifters is also that it doesn't go back to D automatically after some time unlike some other autos I've driven - you need to hold down the Up paddle to get it to do that. I'd use them out on an open highway perhaps, but haven't as much yet.
Old 7th December 2020, 18:36   #413
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellrouse View Post
Paddle shifters only drop one ratio at a time. Moving the shifter to S moves it directly into whichever the appropriate ratio for that speed/accelerator pressure combination is.

Annoying thing with the paddle shifters is also that it doesn't go back to D automatically after some time unlike some other autos I've driven - you need to hold down the Up paddle to get it to do that. I'd use them out on an open highway perhaps, but haven't as much yet.
So moving the gear lever into S and selecting sports through the rotary dial achieves the same end result (sports mode)? What if you do them together?
Old 7th December 2020, 18:43   #414

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamitp View Post
So moving the gear lever into S and selecting sports through the rotary dial achieves the same end result (sports mode)? What if you do them together?
To be honest, I'm not sure! If you asked me to guess, I'd say moving the gear selector to S simply changes the shift points in the gearbox to higher revs.

Sport mode with the rotary dial seems to make some sort of an ECU change which seems to increase engine power.

I don't think moving the gear shifter to S while in Sport mode makes any additional change that I've noticed beyond essentially enabling manual shifting (which is anyway available via the paddle shifters in D mode as well!)

I haven't found this covered in any official resource either, including the owners' manual.

Any other BHPians care to share exactly how this works?
hellrouse is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th December 2020, 11:04   #415
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhdowntheline View Post
Just pitching in on the mileage data being reported by others. On a morning highway trip last weekend : Pune-Lonavala-Pune, outbound via Old Highway, Inbound via Expressway, I managed to average 23 kmpl at speeds between 70-90 kph, and 21 kmpl overall, maintaining speeds between 95-110 on the Expressway. All this in Comfort mode, 100% of the time.
Those are very good numbers for the AT. Have you tried driving in City Traffic? If yes, what's the general mileage that you are seeing in Pune traffic?
TechLiveMANA is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2020, 13:03   #416
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechLiveMANA View Post
Those are very good numbers for the AT. Have you tried driving in City Traffic? If yes, what's the general mileage that you are seeing in Pune traffic?
In the city, depending on the traffic I get around 13-15 kmpl. If I go someplace in the early hours of the day, I have observed numbers in the 17-19 range.
fhdowntheline is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2020, 14:15   #417
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhdowntheline View Post
In the city, depending on the traffic I get around 13-15 kmpl. If I go someplace in the early hours of the day, I have observed numbers in the 17-19 range.
Thanks! Although I wasn’t initially in favour of an automatic. The test drive has made me think again. The clutch on the manual felt heavy and it was just driven for 10.5k kms. I know it may have been abused badly being a test car, but in the long run it may start giving some trouble to my already troubled left knee. AT on the other hand felt smooth to drive. Your mileage figures are making me seriously consider AT now.
Old 8th December 2020, 16:15   #418
Senior - BHPian

Go for the SXO- AT. Its a fantastic gearbox for the CRDI engine. While the engine-transmission combo may not generate dollops of punch like the 1.4 DCT, it is definitely more than adequate for regular usage in cities and the highway. it really doesn't make sense to drive a manual car in the Indian urban driving cycle these days. Hyundai was infamous for giving the AT a step-child treatment before 2019 (almost never had a top variant of any car in AT except the D-segment and above) .That has since been corrected.
fhdowntheline is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th December 2020, 16:53   #419
BHPian

People have been posting mileage of their cars without mentioning whether it's petrol or diesel. I am running a Petrol IVT and the best I can manage on highways is 15 and in traffic it's closer to 12-14 range depending on how much traffic I am driving in.
kalpeshc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2020, 17:13   #420
BHPian

Need some help in understanding the way to use the Android Auto.
Faced many problems with the wired setup in my last drive. Initially thought of using the bluelink app for the navigation, but I guess need some more time to get used to the interface. Plugged in the phone to the USB port to use the Android Auto app and it kept on disconnecting in between may be due to jerks or loss of network connectivity. In case network drop it re-connected on its own, but many a times it got disconnected and I had to re-plug the cable to connect the Android Auto app. It was quite annoying.
Anyone else facing this kind of issues with the wired setup of Android Auto?

Couple of other confusing question I have are
a) Can we play FM while Android Auto is connected?
b) Can we play music from OTT (Prime music/Jio Saavn) while Bluelink navigation is on? I was not able to get any speaker output from the media playing, but the voice from the navigation was fine.

I may have to spend some more time to fiddle around these things and thought of checking with experts here before I re-invent the wheel as these are few important ingredients to churn out a perfect drive.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks