Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th December 2020, 18:21   #421
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by D'Ro@dSt@r View Post
Anyone else facing this kind of issues with the wired setup of Android Auto?

Couple of other confusing question I have are
a) Can we play FM while Android Auto is connected?
b) Can we play music from OTT (Prime music/Jio Saavn) while Bluelink navigation is on? I was not able to get any speaker output from the media playing, but the voice from the navigation was fine.
I had the same exact issue when I used the wired setup of Andriod Auto, I use a Nokia 8.1 phone which has a stock Android 10 OS. It appears, this is a common issue with Android Auto and I found tons of similar posts on Google.

I also noticed an issue that at times I get output only from the rear speakers when using Android Auto. I have to kill the ignition and fiddle around to make it work correctly, it is very annoying.

I now use Bluetooth connectivity for streaming songs from Amazon Music, you would be able to use BlueLink navigation with this option.

I have tried Apple CarPlay and found it to be more reliable, there were no intermittent disconnections and the interface was much better.
autocool is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2020, 19:57   #422
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autocool View Post

I also noticed an issue that at times I get output only from the rear speakers when using Android Auto. I have to kill the ignition and fiddle around to make it work correctly, it is very annoying.
I had also faced this issue once but I switched off the the Media player and it worked fine after I switched it ON again after a few seconds. Dont think it really require an Ignition kill
Quote:
I now use Bluetooth connectivity for streaming songs from Amazon Music, you would be able to use BlueLink navigation with this option.
Not sure But I was not able to get any speaker output even though the media was playing.
Quote:
I have tried Apple CarPlay and found it to be more reliable, there were no intermittent disconnections and the interface was much better.
hmm.. looks like I will have spare a kidney now to have the media work seamlessly
D'Ro@dSt@r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2020, 10:46   #423
BHPian

Quote:
Need some help in understanding the way to use the Android Auto.

b) Can we play music from OTT (Prime music/Jio Saavn) while Bluelink navigation is on? I was not able to get any speaker output from the media playing, but the voice from the navigation was fine.
To both your questions above, the answer is yes.
a) You can play FM while Android Auto is connected just by pressing the Radio button below the touch screen.
b) You can play music of OTT while Bluelink navigation is on by pressing the Media button below the touch screen. Media button will let you play music from the phone connected by USB or Blutooth.
Hope this helps.
ashlil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2020, 11:33   #424
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpeshc View Post
People have been posting mileage of their cars without mentioning whether it's petrol or diesel. I am running a Petrol IVT and the best I can manage on highways is 15 and in traffic it's closer to 12-14 range depending on how much traffic I am driving in.
Not me - I mentioned about having the CRDI engine, and compared mileage figures to my previous "oil-burners" like Duster/Dzire MJD !

I think the mileage you are getting for the IVT is good. Its a NA engine, and you cant expect much higher mileage on the highway without a turbo boost like in the 1.4 DCT where you can ride the torque wave at 1500rpm onwards.

Last edited by fhdowntheline : 9th December 2020 at 11:39.
fhdowntheline is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2020, 11:37   #425
BHPian

Quote:
Need some help in understanding the way to use the Android Auto.
Faced many problems with the wired setup in my last drive. Initially thought of using the bluelink app for the navigation, but I guess need some more time to get used to the interface. Plugged in the phone to the USB port to use the Android Auto app and it kept on disconnecting in between may be due to jerks or loss of network connectivity. In case network drop it re-connected on its own, but many a times it got disconnected and I had to re-plug the cable to connect the Android Auto app. It was quite annoying.
Anyone else facing this kind of issues with the wired setup of Android Auto?

I may have to spend some more time to fiddle around these things and thought of checking with experts here before I re-invent the wheel as these are few important ingredients to churn out a perfect drive.
I too faced this but only once or twice, however on both these occasions, just replugging the wire seems to do the trick. At the risk of sounding redundant, why don't you try changing the cable. With USB, sometimes the cables too are at fault.

Yes, you can play FM while on Android Auto. Simply change the mode from your steering wheel control and it'd keep switching between the various modes.

By Bluelink navigation, do you mean the default navigation of Hyundai or do you mean Google maps? If it's the former, I'd advise you to stay away from it. Google Maps are far better and more accurate. When I connect Android Auto, it allows me to play YT Music and JioSaavn. This is a feature of Android Auto where it exposes these services on your phone to the AVN and allows you to control it via the Android Auto program. The audio prompts for Google Assistant works very nicely with both these streaming service e.g. on prompting the assistant to play 'Kishore Kumar songs on Jiosaavn', it would promptly trigger the same without any fiddling on the AVN or phone. The default music player is YT music though and just saying 'play Kishore Kumar songs' would play them on YT Music.

Before upgrading your phone, wait for a system update and the new version of Android Auto if you can. For me the Google Maps and YT Music integration seems to be working well via the Android Auto and it's godsend. The AVN gives you map on that big screen and the YT music seems to obey your voice commands quite well.

A long push on the 'Voice' button on the steering also can trigger Google Assistant once it's connected, which is convenient if you don't want to wake it up with voice commands.
kalpeshc is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th December 2020, 09:53   #426
BHPian

Adding my input to mileage figures being discussed here last week:

The mileage that I get on the MID on long drives is 17-18 with Petrol IVT. I usually do not cross 80 km/hr very often.
On short drives closer to home, the MID hovers around 8 km/hr.

Compared the MID with actual consumption recently for a total of 300 odd km. (Around 200 km on the highway with steady speeds, around 60 intercity and the remaining 40 on very short drives with stop and go traffic). The MID average was 12.5, whereas the actual average turned out 11.5 km/ltr.

Have read somewhere previously, that the MID shows around 1 km/ltr higher than the actual average. My experience exactly matches this observation
AK79 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2020, 11:29   #427

I have got confirmation from SA that the vehicle has been dispatched from factory.
Date of Booking: 20.09.2020
Estimated date of delivery : 20.12.2020
Variant: E diesel
amitkuch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2020, 16:46   #428
BHPian

https://gaadiwaadi.com/hyundai-india...rna-venue/amp/
https://www.rushlane.com/amp/hyundai...-12386708.html
Above are news articles on price hike of Hyundai.
Can someone confirm this with a trusted contact?
I had a talk with GM of the dealership and he said that only the prices of Venue and Grand i10 NIOS are being hiked. i20 and Creta are not going to be hiked.
The Creta already had a price hike in October 2020.
Can someone verify with a reliable contact and revert on this thread?
Old 15th December 2020, 17:18   #429
BHPian

I discovered a quirk today:
While a single chime is heard while accelerating at 80 kmph and continuous chimes are heard at 120 kmph mark, I observed that a single chime is heard while de-accelerating also while reducing speed from 80+ kmph to less than 80 kmph. This is observed only while reducing speed from extended periods of highway cruising.
While it is a small quirk, it is quite useful for gauging speed without looking at instrument cluster on highway drives.

Secondly, I've observed that wiper stalk automatically moves to INT (intermittent) level each time car hits big pothole at speeds of 70+ kmph. I'm talking specifically about the potholes that are big/sharp and requires slowing down to 10/20 kmph speed. I have missed them a few times due to restricted line of sight and each time, wipers come on automatically.
Old 15th December 2020, 17:40   #430
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitkuch View Post
I have got confirmation from SA that the vehicle has been dispatched from factory.
Date of Booking: 20.09.2020
Estimated date of delivery : 20.12.2020
Variant: E diesel
Congratulations, which colour are you getting?
Old 16th December 2020, 20:36   #431

The colour is polar white.
Weird times !! It is generally advised not to take delivery in December. I am happy to get the car delivered in December.

With the news of price hike from 1 Jan 2021, I think it is not bad to get the vehicle delivered in December, atleast when the car is Creta.

All the customs of car delivery process have gone for a toss with the continuous waiting periods. SA told me on Sunday that vehicle has shipped from factory. I have made the full payment today. Because it is the only E-CRDI creta which they will be getting in this month. Now what with PDI ? What if there is any problem in the car ?
Old 17th December 2020, 10:19   #432
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitkuch View Post
Now what with PDI ? What if there is any problem in the car ?
Please do a PDI. Do not sign the RTO forms until you have done a PDI and you are satisfied with the vehicle. They cannot register the vehicle to your name until you sign the RTO forms.
ashlil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2020, 08:56   #433
BHPian

A little naive question here.

I've recently graduated from i10 to the new Creta.

Given that the car has features like EPB, Auto Hold, and powered driver seat, would you give any specific instructions before handing over your car to a valet?

Of course, the valets are used to handling much more expensive cars but still want to be careful.
Old 18th December 2020, 10:28   #434
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK79 View Post
Given that the car has features like EPB, Auto Hold, and powered driver seat, would you give any specific instructions before handing over your car to a valet?
If you are particular about the seat position, inform them not fiddle with the settings of the seat and steering wheel so you don't need to spend time adjusting them again.

Rest of the part, I don't think anything is important as they will used to all features/cars available in the market.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2020, 12:37   #435
Senior - BHPian

I am exploring Creta as my next car to replace my current grand i10. Looking for some guidance about how does the insurance NCB transfer work. Whether I need to sell my old car first and get NCB letter from the insurance firm? If so, how does it work if I go for exchange option with Hyundai dealer. Is there an option to get NCB benefit on new car by just transferring the NCB without having to first sell the car ? Any pointer is appreciated as I plan to buy new car in the next few months.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks