Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2021, 19:52   #466
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by autocool View Post
I did some extensive driving of my IVT SX(O) variant during the last couple of weeks. I covered nearly 1500 Kms which were predominately on highways and I drove in "Comfort" mode for 80% of the trip. The ODO reading hit 3000 Kms this week.

Here are a couple of observations:

- I received an average FE number of ~17.2 kmpl for the entire trip which I find to be very impressive. However, whenever I used the "Sports" mode for certain stretches there was a drastic drop in the average FE readings (it even came down to 14 kmpl levels).
That's a very impressive FE number. I recently saw one youtube video on Creta which says that in city driving we should keep it in Comfort mode to get maximum FE. ECO mode is good for highways to get better FE.

BTW your Creta is petrol or Diesel?

AC unit in my i20 was never good. It used to take a lot of time to cool the car and I had to keep it to the minimum temperature. Recently BIL2_HGi10 too in his travelogue https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/trave...ravelogue.html (Bangalore to Cuttack Road Trip: A detailed travelogue)talked about the underperformance of AC unit of his creta in the East Coast's hot weather.

Not sure if it is a typical problem with all Hyundai cars.
Old 5th January 2021, 19:55   #467
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Just for a thought, during the cold starts what is the outside temperature at that time while the ACC is set at 23 degrees?
These were early morning temperatures, they were around 20-22 degrees.
Old 5th January 2021, 20:20   #468
BANNED

Quote:
I remember reading somewhere that IF the outside temperature is lower than what is set on the ACC, the cooling will be minimal and won't be as effective (Not able to find the reference!).

How does the cooling work during the rest of the day?
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2021, 17:25   #469
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
How does the cooling work during the rest of the day?
The cooling works fine for rest of the day. I am pretty sure that on most of these occasions the outside temperatures were lower than the AC setting. I even joked to my wife saying that Hyundai has fitted an "adaptive climate control" in our car

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitshippie View Post
That's a very impressive FE number. I recently saw one Youtube video on Creta which says that in city driving we should keep it in Comfort mode to get maximum FE. ECO mode is good for highways to get better FE.

BTW your Creta is petrol or Diesel?
Thanks for the tip, I will try the "Eco" mode next time on the highway and check. I drive the Petrol variant.
Old 7th January 2021, 15:12   #470
BHPian

Has anyone who recently booked or enquired got any update on new pricing as reported by several portals? The Sales Person from Kothari Hyundai, Pune with whom I have been following up, hasn't been able to give any concrete answer on the price updates. They have neither accepted nor denied any change in the pricing yet.

The only thing I have been told is that the waiting period has increased as they now have a waiting period of 3 months for my Diesel SXO AT (which at the time of enquiring in early Jan was said to be 1.5 to 2 months) and that the factory was shut for 15 days for annual maintenance and the production has started again from 6th January.
Old 7th January 2021, 15:19   #471
Senior - BHPian

JK Tyre will supply its UX Royale radial tyres (215/60 R17) to Hyundai India for the top-end variants of Creta under an exclusive partnership.

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-fb_img_16100130314298169.jpg

Quote:
We are proud to further strengthen our partnership with Hyundai India for Creta. Through this collaboration, we aim to provide supreme-quality tyres with cutting-edge features," said JK Tyre and Industries Technical Director V K Misra

With its five-rib asymmetric design, variable draft groove technology, stable shoulder tread blocks, among others, the UX Royale 215/60 R17 tyre is the perfect fit for the compact SUV, the company said
Source

Last edited by Venkatesh : 7th January 2021 at 15:23.
Old 8th January 2021, 11:14   #472
BHPian

Quote:
The cooling works fine for rest of the day. I am pretty sure that on most of these occasions the outside temperatures were lower than the AC setting. I even joked to my wife saying that Hyundai has fitted an "adaptive climate control" in our car
I believe your car has Automatic climatic control which will bring the cabin temperature equal to the one you set (by heating or cooling).

If temperature inside is already at 24 or less then cool air will not flow until temperature inside increases >24 (or if cabin temperature sensor has gone kaput).

I think you are facing this issue..
Mountainman21 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2021, 11:45   #473
BHPian

I am looking for an AT car for my dad and have started to like the Creta. I feel that it has the perfect size and will suit his needs. He presently drives Elite i20/Ciaz and the Creta will not be a primary car.

The usage won't be much and it would be used for occasional highway runs.

I really like the value proposition of DCT but I'm not sure about its reliability as there are several posts on social media of the DCT cars breaking down.

If I get the DCT, I might end up using it more than him

Should I go ahead with DCT or should I choose Diesel AT?
Old 11th January 2021, 12:27   #474
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechLiveMANA View Post
Has anyone who recently booked or enquired got any update on new pricing as reported by several portals? The Sales Person from Kothari Hyundai, Pune with whom I have been following up, hasn't been able to give any concrete answer on the price updates. They have neither accepted nor denied any change in the pricing yet.

The only thing I have been told is that the waiting period has increased as they now have a waiting period of 3 months for my Diesel SXO AT (which at the time of enquiring in early Jan was said to be 1.5 to 2 months) and that the factory was shut for 15 days for annual maintenance and the production has started again from 6th January.
I had a word with my Salesperson, he mentioned about a small change on the warranty pricing. I am still awaiting formal confirmation. But it seems there is no price change, yet.
I am waiting for my Creta SX petrol as well, just over 6 weeks now. And I don't have a timeline confirmed :(
Old 11th January 2021, 12:33   #475
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nacd80 View Post
I had a word with my Salesperson, he mentioned about a small change on the warranty pricing. I am still awaiting formal confirmation. But it seems there is no price change, yet.
I am waiting for my Creta SX petrol as well, just over 6 weeks now. And I don't have a timeline confirmed :(
I also rechecked with my SA yesterday but no change in pricing or waiting period as of now. (Tentatively 5 months for me in Navi Mumbai). Today a friend from Chennai informed me that it's 4 weeks there for SX(O) IVT. (Earlier it was 6-8 weeks there).

Does it mean that the waiting period in other cities also will reduce?
Old 11th January 2021, 12:39   #476
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nacd80 View Post
When did you book the car and from which Dealer? I was told by my Salesperson that Petrol has a longer waiting period than Diesel, specially if you are looking at the IVT options.

Since I am opting for the Company Car Lease option, the lease vendor said they are in touch with Hyundai directly to see if they can speed up the delivery.
Old 11th January 2021, 16:35   #477
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitshippie View Post
Does it mean that the waiting period in other cities also will reduce?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechLiveMANA View Post
When did you book the car and from which Dealer?
Hope the delivery period actually comes down!

If the waiting is actually going to be 5 months, Vision IN may just get my vote.

I booked the car in the first week of December. I was told of a waiting period of 13-15 weeks. (Garve Hyundai)
Old 12th January 2021, 00:41   #478
BHPian

Saw this message on one of the Facebook group. Can anyone confirm about this?
Hyundai Creta : Official Review-screenshot_20210112003912_facebook.jpg
Old 12th January 2021, 07:44   #479
BHPian

Quote:
I have a 2017 Creta with ACC. Whenever ACC is engaged and the set temperature is equal or higher than the outside temperature, the AC automatically switches off and throws warm air. The light of the AC button goes off. Only the light of the Auto and recirculation button remains on. Initially I was also perplexed and the AC unit has become faulty but later I found that as soon as outside temperature goes above the set temperature, the compressor kicks in and starts blowing cold air.

Just observe and see if the same is happening.
BLACNWYTE is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2021, 16:07   #480
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACNWYTE View Post
Just observe and see if the same is happening.
Thank you, I'm observing a similar behaviour when the outside temperature is lower than the ACC temperature setting. However, in my case, the AC light is ON and the AUTO light is OFF.
One would expect it to behave this way only when the AUTO mode is ON, but this ACC works differently from my previous cars.
autocool is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks