Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th January 2021, 18:25   #481

Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

I booked a SX IVT in December, SA said it will take about 4 to 5 months. Booked it at Ishanya Hyundai in Pune.
Old 12th January 2021, 21:06   #482
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adityathakkur View Post
I booked a SX IVT in December, SA said it will take about 4 to 5 months. Booked it at Ishanya Hyundai in Pune.
Got a call from my Sales Rep earlier today and he also mentioned the same timelines. They had mentioned 1.5 to 2 months when I had taken the test drive in early Dec. 3 months while booking (mid December) and today, he called to say the waiting period has increased to 4-5 months as per Hyundai.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitshippie View Post
Saw this message on one of the Facebook group. Can anyone confirm about this?
Attachment 2106825
Just a thought, Could this be the reason for the higher waiting period as well? I remember in one of the conversation the Sales Rep telling me that the delay is due to Engine shortage.
Old 12th January 2021, 21:29   #483
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechLiveMANA View Post
Just a thought, Could this be the reason for the higher waiting period as well? I remember in one of the conversation the Sales Rep telling me that the delay is due to Engine shortage.
I am not sure as NA petrol engines are same across all variants. So, if SX(O)IVT has a longer waiting period(which seems the case at present) then it should be related to the gearbox rather than the engines.
Old 12th January 2021, 22:00   #484
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechLiveMANA View Post
Got a call from my Sales Rep earlier today and he also mentioned the same timelines. They had mentioned 1.5 to 2 months when I had taken the test drive in early Dec. 3 months while booking (mid December) and today, he called to say the waiting period has increased to 4-5 months as per Hyundai.

I was under the impression that these long waiting periods are merely a marketing ploy by Hyundai to attract more customers. The SA quotes long waiting periods at the time of test drive/booking and once the booking amount has been paid the dealer somehow "manages" to get the car within 7-10 days. Am I wrong in making this assumption?

Are the waiting periods 3-4 months in certain cities/States only? Are all variants impacted by the engine shortage?

I am planning to purchase a car in the next 1-2 months and Hyundai Creta CVT is at the top of my list.
Old 13th January 2021, 12:10   #485
BHPian

Hey guys! Hope you're enjoying your Cretas to the hilt! Mine's about to hit 5K and it's been a sweet journey.

Even before I bought the car, getting a OEM HU-integrated 360 Degree Camera from the after-market was on my priority list. After having seen quite a few videos of such a mod on Youtube (for e.g. Carsonics in Hyderabad), I made some enquires in Karol Bagh for prices. According to a couple of stores, prices seem to be on the higher side these days, hovering around Rs. 20K in Delhi due to shortage of imports from China.

Was wondering if anyone here has gone ahead and gotten one already? I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on this soon.
iamitp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2021, 15:23   #486
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kushagra452 View Post
I was under the impression that these long waiting periods are merely a marketing ploy by Hyundai to attract more customers. The SA quotes long waiting periods at the time of test drive/booking and once the booking amount has been paid the dealer somehow "manages" to get the car within 7-10 days. Am I wrong in making this assumption?
This is true on most counts, and I can confirm this out of my own experience. Back in September 2020, the SA had quoted me 2 months waiting period for Creta IVT SX(O) variant. However, the car was delivered to me in 2 weeks after booking.

White, Black and Silver colours are usually available easily is what the SA had told me at that stage, the other colours had longer waiting times.

Last edited by autocool : 15th January 2021 at 15:26.
autocool is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th January 2021, 16:53   #487
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autocool View Post
This is true on most counts, and I can confirm this out of my own experience. Back in September 2020, the SA had quoted me 2 months waiting period for Creta IVT SX(O) variant. However, the car was delivered to me in 2 weeks after booking.

White, Black and Silver colours are usually available easily is what the SA had told me at that stage, the other colours had longer waiting times.
Doesn't seem to be case now. I have booked white SX(O) IVT on 15th December 2020 and dealer is still firm on 5 month waiting period which was given to me at the time of booking. Care that its a company registered booking and we have booked 2 cretas on same date, still no preference.

I hope with Skoda Kushaq already in picture now, Hyundai will try to reduce waiting period.
Old 15th January 2021, 17:18   #488
Senior - BHPian

I hope "Atmanirbharta" is not coming in the way of manufacturers trying to do a good job of production targets and customers trying to get their money's worth. I had read somewhere that there is shortage of steel currently.
https://economictimes.indiatimes.com...w/80242168.cms
Old 16th January 2021, 11:47   #489
BHPian

Hi BHPians,

I'm currently getting Creta 1.5 petrol serviced for it's 10K km schedule.

Following has been scheduled for service:
Shell 5w30 synthetic engine oil
Oil Filter
Air filter

Estimated cost: 4K INR (major cost is synthetic engine oil)

SA is suggesting (not forcing) me to get the following also done at additional cost:
- Throttle body cleaning
- Brake pads opening and cleaning
- Suspension lubrication

I've denied these three items since I felt these are really not required at 10K/ 6 months interval.
Old 17th January 2021, 15:15   #490
BHPian

I've been able to run YouTube, web browser, etc. on Creta S 8 inch screen.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Creta : Official Review-img_20210117_151145.jpg  

Old 18th January 2021, 12:10   #491
BHPian

SA from HMP Hyundai Chennai says 4 months wait time for IVT variants. The turbo can be available in 3-4 weeks. The main constraint seems to be the transmission supply.
NoLurkerForLong is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2021, 10:08   #492
BHPian

Checking on the Latest Creta Brochure - Seems low line TPMS and cooled glovebox have been removed for E/Ex from Jan 2021 and prices seems to be the same for now. So E Diesel is still at 9,99,999 which is favorable for lower tax in some states and no TCS (<10L)
Old 21st January 2021, 12:06   #493
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by concorde24 View Post
Checking on the Latest Creta Brochure - Seems low line TPMS and cooled glovebox have been removed for E/Ex from Jan 2021 and prices seems to be the same for now. So E Diesel is still at 9,99,999 which is favorable for lower tax in some states and no TCS (<10L)
Most likely they would be waiting to see how Skoda Kushaq gains attention before taking the call on price increase. Agreed that it's going to be a petrol only model but they will gauge if Skoda is in any position to challenge them with this one.

If reviews for Kushaq are not positive then we might see increase in prices across models except E.
Old 23rd January 2021, 14:31   #494
Senior - BHPian

Finally came home today. Happens to be my first ICE car after falling out of love with cars for sportbikes for over a decade.
1.5P S variant. Jan 1st 2021 make.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Creta : Official Review-img20210123wa0040.jpg  

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-img20210123wa0044.jpeg  

Nithesh_M is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2021, 16:13   #495
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai India has revealed the new price list of Creta, effective from Jan 2021. In terms of on-road, the price increase is in the range of approx Rs 60k to Rs 1 lakh.

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-smartselect_20210123161151_chrome.jpg

Source

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks