Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2021, 20:59   #541
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitshippie View Post
Also, can you elaborate on the part "without pressing the brake pedal or starting the car". Is it mandatory for shifting gear lever from P to N. If this is the case then shouldn't there be a safety mechanism to prevent this kind of error?
In Automatics there is usually a mechanism where one cannot move the lever from N to R/P without pressing the Brake pedal and a button on the lever. Only movement between N and D can happen freely.
In some cases this can be bypassed with enough force and I'm guessing this is what happened as stated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulsenapati View Post
I also faced the exact same problem. Though in my case, the fault was with my driver who had never driven an automatic, and forcefully shifted the gear lever from P to N, without pressing the brake pedal, or starting the car.
Old 16th February 2021, 22:19   #542
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulsenapati View Post
I also faced the exact same problem. Though in my case, the fault was with my driver who had never driven an automatic, and forcefully shifted the gear lever from P to N, without pressing the brake pedal, or starting the car.

Price of part is 1.78L (excluding GST and labour charges)

So it will come around to 2L with labour and taxes. As a Creta dct owner, it is shocking to hear, that a simple mistake by a driver or valet or friend & family, who may not be that familiar with automatics may result in a damage which may cost 10% of car's price to repair. Shouldn't there be a safety/ fail safe mechanism to prevent such a damage.
SolidusSnake is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th February 2021, 13:16   #543
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftlock View Post
In Automatics there is usually a mechanism where one cannot move the lever from N to R/P without pressing the Brake pedal and a button on the lever. Only movement between N and D can happen freely.
In some cases this can be bypassed with enough force and I'm guessing this is what happened as stated.
Scared! Will take care never to do this.

A couple of times, I mistakenly and inadvertently, shifted the gear lever to P while the car was in motion. Probably, due to muscle memory of driving a MT for years. I heard a clicking noise before shifting back to D. No issues have occurred since then though and I'm more careful to not let this recur. However, now I am wondering if there's a chance that I could have also damaged the actuator? Should I get it checked up?
Old 18th February 2021, 13:44   #544
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashokkp View Post
My 1.4 DCT Sx(O) developed a problem yesterday within 6 months/5200 kms. Car suddenly lost power and then I noticed that the CEL is ON and the 2, 4, 6, R gears and Sport Mode/paddle shifters are not engaging.

Dropped it at the service station yesterday evening and I am expecting to get a diagnosis tomorrow.

The advisor hinted at “Actuator failure”. I did some discreet enquires and found out that it can take atleast a month to get this part, going by the previous experiences of the Service advisors. Fingers crossed till tomorrow. BlueLink response was good and they offered to provide RSA if needed. Drove it back since I was very near the service centre. Seeking informed opinions on what could be wrong and the way forward?
Any updates? What was the diagnosis by service center personnel?

On a related note, many times in D4 I feel like a pause and then lurch, do any other DCT owners feel it? Is it due to turbo lag or transmission?
Old 18th February 2021, 15:24   #545
BHPian

Dear All,

Did any Creta BS6 diesel owners face DPF clogging issues? I’ve booked a diesel Creta and was curious as I didn’t find any posts related to this by Creta owners. Have found quite a few from seltos owners. Can someone share their experience please?

Regards
Old 18th February 2021, 18:51   #546
BHPian

Is there any update rolled out for TCU? Read that in a few posts in the FB grp for creta. I doubt that the service advisor did any such updates to my car when i took her for the first service in Nov end.
Old 19th February 2021, 08:02   #547
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidusSnake View Post
Any updates? What was the diagnosis by service center personnel?

On a related note, many times in D4 I feel like a pause and then lurch, do any other DCT owners feel it? Is it due to turbo lag or transmission?
To my pleasant surprise, got the Car the very next day. Clutch Actuator Assembly replaced and TCM upgraded. Part Value Rs 81000. Paid ZERO under warranty. While a blown Actuator in a new car is no good news, Hyundai put a smile on my face with excellent service levels.

Last edited by Ashokkp : 19th February 2021 at 08:03. Reason: Spelling error
Ashokkp is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th February 2021, 10:11   #548
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashokkp View Post

To my pleasant surprise, got the Car the very next day. Clutch Actuator Assembly replaced and TCM upgraded. Part Value Rs 81000. Paid ZERO under warranty. While a blown Actuator in a new car is no good news, Hyundai put a smile on my face with excellent service levels.

All Hyundai/Kia DCT's sold in India are presently under warranty. In 3-5 years time when warranties start running out and gearboxes are affected by normal wear and tear, then it will come to be a very costly affair to get these boxes repaired.

Did you follow all the recommended practices like not moving shift lever when car is motion or anyone apart from you like a driver or valet drove the car, who may not have operated the shift lever correctly?
Old 19th February 2021, 18:22   #549
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidusSnake View Post
All Hyundai/Kia DCT's sold in India are presently under warranty. In 3-5 years time when warranties start running out and gearboxes are affected by normal wear and tear, then it will come to be a very costly affair to get these boxes repaired.

Did you follow all the recommended practices like not moving shift lever when car is motion or anyone apart from you like a driver or valet drove the car, who may not have operated the shift lever correctly?
1. Yes, Car is under 5 year warranty.
2. I follow the “best practices” from information garnered from various sources; like,

a) Smooth acceleration at start.
b) Always Shift to N at temporary stops. Please note Auto-hold will be activated at all driving times.
c) During start-stop situations, always try to keep some distance from the vehicle before mine and advance with accelerator inputs- never creep.
d) On full stop, always apply Parking brakes before shifting to P.

Following the above religiously. Are the above necessary or can I do anything more ?
Ashokkp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2021, 23:15   #550
BHPian

Has anyone faced the issue that bluelink voice recognition screen starts on its own without any command and similarly Google assistant screen starts randomly when android auto is in operation? Is it a software bug or hardware fault?
Old 21st February 2021, 03:08   #551
BHPian

I am planning to install seat covers on my 2016 Creta. Has anyone come across any good options in fabric? Most of the options I came across are either in PU or in Leather. I am not keen on any of the two due to hot summers in Delhi.
Tourer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2021, 12:17   #552
BHPian

Being an existing customer and expecting loyalty from dealer, registered for a test drive for Creta DCT SX(O) at Trident Hyundai Sankey Rd and even mentioned to the sales person that i will make a booking end of test drive, to my surprise no follow-up calls or no one even bothered to send a test drive car for last 5 days.
Is this the case for everyone due to parts unavailability?
Old 21st February 2021, 15:00   #553
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinbie2019 View Post
Being an existing customer and expecting loyalty from dealer, registered for a test drive for Creta DCT SX(O) at Trident Hyundai Sankey Rd and even mentioned to the sales person that i will make a booking end of test drive, to my surprise no follow-up calls or no one even bothered to send a test drive car for last 5 days.
This is probably because they are having too much in their plate right now & are not really intrested in taking that extra effort to pull in buyers.

Forget Hyundai, even Nissan dealers have a similar approach here. A company which was on a deathbed just few months ago! Forget a TD, they don’t even pick up your calls / respond to texts.

Crazy times!!

Last edited by ashvek3141 : 21st February 2021 at 15:01.
Old 21st February 2021, 22:52   #554
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinbie2019 View Post
I too faced this with Trident Hyundai Hosur Road. They showed no interest in arranging a test drive at the earliest. I didn’t get a response for over 10 days. I wanted to check if they can arrange a TD for me since they are nearer to my house.

I’ve received excellent response from Advaith Hyundai ORR. Initially they gave me a test drive on the IVT on the day I visited the showroom. But since I was looking for a manual diesel, I wanted to TD that particular variant (this variant wasn’t available with Advaith ORR on that day). However, they promised to get the said variant in a couple of days, took an appointment as per my convenience and sent the car to my house 35 kms away. That way I got to TD the car till their showroom and immediately booked it. Amazing customer experience with Advaith ORR. The sales consultant is a top guy who answered all my questions (I ask a lot of them) politely, patiently.
Dhananjay_Desai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2021, 10:07   #555
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by concorde24 View Post

My running is around 10k kms per year and thought petrol should be sufficient. But if 1.5 NA Petrol is underpowered and lower mileage(and low resale), i will plan to switch to SX Diesel. Suggestions welcome.
Thanks to all the suggestions on my previous questions. Well, the SA made my choice simple. I had originally booked SX Petrol, but apparently there is a huge backlog and it will take minimum of 12 Weeks. During the time of booking in Jan end i was told delivery in 4 weeks. I was offered SX Diesel which can come quickly as I was told Hyundai is ramping up production of Diesel.

After much discussions, I decided to switch to SX diesel and lo-behold, my Polar White SX CRDI came home in just 5 days of confirmation.. Since my dealership is just 40km from the factory, the car arrived in just 3 days from VIN manufacturing date and I got home in another 2 days with RTO work done. Dealership was very professional and it was communicative in every step. Overall they made the delivery experience memorable.

Switching to Creta from Swift Dzire(1st gen) is a huge upgrade in terms of engine power, space, height and ride quality & gizmos. I am 6'2' and there used to not much space for the passenger behind my seat in previous car. But not a problem in Creta !! Again, the diesel engine is very refined and with no external markings, it is very difficult to identify based on engine noise only.

Looking forward for a good ownership experience !!

Last edited by concorde24 : 22nd February 2021 at 10:35.
concorde24 is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks