Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2021, 14:26   #586
BANNED

Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Mod Note : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further. Request to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 8th March 2021 at 07:29.
tsr_83 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 7th March 2021, 17:52   #587
BHPian

Need your help Creta Owners / Experts

A close friend of mine had booked a Creta diesel E variant and the dealer has been pushing him for accessories. The latest is dealer offered him Climate Control as an accessory for just 20k! The dealer even confirmed that it's just plug and play and even shared with him the panel pics (14.5k for the panel and 5.5k labour).

As per my understanding, Climate Control was a bit of a complex unit and I doubt if the dealer is taking him for a ride. I had found many add on items like steering mounted controls, 17-inch alloy wheels etc online but haven't heard of adding climate control! Can somebody shed light on this?

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-c8085ed8d9f24b7693a82b7c87c151a0.jpg

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-ed3b0453c7e842f59810138add48c534.jpg
Old 8th March 2021, 12:21   #588
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulinthecity View Post
The long term reliability of the DCT is still unknown .I read in some forums that people are averaging 6-8 kmpl during city drives during rush hours. I find this quite poor. I have a city and I have never seen it go below 10 kmpl.

Am I shooting myself in the foot by going for the DCT or should I just wait it out for the IVT ?
Hi Rahul,
I was in the same boat as you a few months ago, switching from Honda City, and was very confused between DCT and IVT variants. The enthusiast in me wanted the DCT, but considering long-term maintenance costs associated with turbo petrol and the unknown reliability of the DCT gearbox I ended up choosing the IVT variant.

This post from RavenAvi also helped me with my decision process - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...vt-review.html

It's been 5 months now with my car (have covered 4100 kms), I am extremely pleased with both performance and mileage figures. I get around ~9 kmpl in city and ~16 kmpl on highways. I feel this is decent enough considering the comfort of an automatic.

If you like a fast car with good throttle response and don't mind the additional costs (car, fuel, maintenance) then go for DCT. If you are a sedate driver then IVT should be your pick.
autocool is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th March 2021, 06:55   #589

Hey Team
As the Creta 2020 is still relatively new and because of the long waiting time, still not that many on the road, I thought of adding some of my experiences here. I bought the Creta 2020 Petrol SX IVT in June 2020, right after the lockdown ended. Understandably, there were not many posts about this car on Team-BHP. Here is my attempt to fill the void a bit.

As most people researching about buying this one, I thought that I would share the shortcomings of the car first (even though I am falling in love with it quite fast), so here it is.

No Telescopic Steering in a 18L car? Its preposterous
This one still bugs me, it shows complete contempt of customers from Hyundai.

Ride Quality
Another minor issue with the ride quality is the front suspension which feels a little hard.

Design Issues
While I would not categorize these as major issues but there are quite a few design issues. At times, it feels like a rushed car because of BS6 regulations as some very basic features are missed out

1. Strong glare on the Driver's window because of white dash
It is quite irritating, especially if you are driving in strong sun (which is almost all the time I drive). Its very difficult to drive without sunglasses because of this very strong glare.

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-screenshot-20210204-11.44.41-pm.png

2. No backlit window controls
This one is quite irritating as well. I haven't yet had to drive a lot at night but in a couple of rides done at night, rear passengers were struggling to find their window controls.

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-screenshot-20210205-12.22.40-am.png

3. No Unlock button on the passenger side door

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-unlock-button.png

This again seems like either a cost cutting measure or a rushed decision. There is no unlock button on the passenger side door, resulting in minor inconvenience you wouldn't really want in a 18L car

Rear Air Conditioning?
I haven't had the chance to test it out personally but my family members who sit in the back of the car have pointed this out a few times that rear AC is not very strong. The jury is still out for me and I will update the thread once I get to sit in the back and test it out a few times.

Blue Link Shenanigans
I do not understand how these companies are surviving in EU and US with such shitty apps. Or maybe they have special love for their Indian customers. Blue Link is a complete sham of an app and the only suggestion you get from their call center is to "please reinstall the app". It has become their own version of restarting a PC to fix any issue. Because of these bugs and issues in the app, I have not really found myself using it. I do intend to make a habit of using it so that I have a decision ready at the end of 3 years, whether to pay to use it or not.

Good Parts Now

Ride Quality
Now for the good part(s). There is a lot to like in the new Creta. Ride is comfortable for both front and rear passengers. We did a 1600 KM ride recently, with lots of luggage, and noone had any comfort related problems.

Apart from the glare issue mentioned above, driving it has been a lot of fun. In the Sports mode, it is a beast. In the eco mode, there is a slight lag in the transmission that can be felt, especially at lower speeds, but nothing to feel underpowered. Once it reaches above 25kmph, even Eco mode is quite responsive and smooth. In Sports mode and Comfort mode, no such issues and response has been perky and awesome at all speeds

Cabin is very quiet even at decent city speeds and 80-90 KMPH on highways. Cabin definitely sounded quieter than the Seltos HTX IVT models (based on my test drives).

Brakes have been performing as per expectations. There have been no surprises so far. I had few instances of hard braking and it has performed well without anything noteworthy to mention (which is a good thing).

Interiors
Front of the vehicle is easy to get into and the seats are comfortable. There are some cheap plastics which is disappointing but nothing to make it feel cheap. Though, I feel the interior of Seltos feels a bit more premium. Steering wheel has a nice D shape and is comfortable to drive.

Back of the vehicle is quite easy to get into as well, though I am yet to feel that, being the only driver of the family. Leg space is quite adequate, even for my 6ft-giants-filled family. Seats are wide enough to have comfortable long rides with adequate thigh support - something which the Seltos misses with its narrow back seats.

One miss in the rear is the lack of head rest for the middle seat, though Hyundai have tried to compensate it with cushions for the other two rear head rests.

Features

Most of the features work as expected and there are some really nice ones as well. Air purifier, anti pinch windows and sunroof, rear window shades etc. are all nice features with a lot of utility, especially on long drives.

Mileage
I am getting ~16 KMPL on highway, with AC on and fully loaded car and ~12-13 KMPL on city roads with AC on, which seems okayish for an IVT 1.5L engine.

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-img_1143.jpg

Conclusion
Apart from some minor cost-cutting measures, Hyundai has pulled off a winner again with the new Creta. Ride quality is amazing, mileage is decent and the final product feels premium.

So that's that! I am a casual car lover so I am still taking my time with this one. As I drive it more, I will try to keep this thread warm with any new observations. I hope this will help a few prospective buyers who are on the fence with Creta.

Till then, feast on some of the photos I have taken of this beast!

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-img_1597.jpg

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-img_1600.jpg

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-img_1644.jpg

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-img_1650.jpg

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-img_7820.jpg

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-img_7822.jpg

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-img_1605.jpg

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-img_1619.jpg

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-img_1624.jpg

Cheers!
roaming-er is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 9th March 2021, 08:18   #590
Senior - BHPian

I think the rear suspension is where I feel it to be tighter than the front at least in my Diesel variant. The Seltos felt hard all over, this one feels softer upfront , in-fact softer than my earlier Duster.
Old 9th March 2021, 19:13   #591
Senior - BHPian

Did a 200 km round trip from Mangalore, Karnataka to Chervathur, Kerala. Very impressed with the comfort the car provided and I was a bit apprehensive about being able to use the 6th gear on narrow KL roads. But it surprisingly was capable of lugging 4 passengers, some small bits of luggage, AC on full time and still returning about 16kmpl from what many refer to as the anaemic 1.5 NA petrol.

Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Creta : Official Review-20210307_095609.jpg  

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-img20210307wa0007.jpeg  

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-img20210307wa0009.jpeg  

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-img20210307wa0088.jpeg  

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-20210307_125249.jpg  

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-img20210307wa0127.jpeg  

Nithesh_M is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th March 2021, 13:00   #592

Thanks for the amazing detailed review.

I liked the floor mats in the pics - did they come standard or do we need to pay separately for these?

A dealer I was talking to said there is a basic accessories kit that comes for about 4.6K and includes floor-mats, mud-flaps etc. This for an SX(O) IVT - so was wondering whether this things really need to be bought separately or are they included in the price of the car.
Old 13th March 2021, 15:08   #593

While cleaning my newly bought Creta 1.5 IVT SX (O) a few days ago, I saw a crude looking square opening on the underside of the rear spoiler. On closer inspection, I realised that it is the nozzle opening for the rear washer (for the rear wiper). But unlike the front washer, it seemed to be incomplete, as if some part of the washer assembly is missing. I have attached a couple of photos of this.
Our housing society has a couple of 2020 Cretas, all of them barely a couple of months old. When I examined the rear washers on these cars, I noticed that both of them had a similar square hollow opening where the nozzle of the rear washer should have been.
A telephone car to my Hyundai dealer's Service Adviser was inconclusive since he also wasn't clear whether this is the the way it should be or if the front part of the rear washer nozzle assembly had dropped off. But similar findings on the three cars is too much of a coincidence and it seems that all these cars had come from the factory with the similar looking rear washer opening.
Can fellow members who have the 2020 Creta look up this part in their cars and confirm this finding? The opening is actually quite crude and unfinished looking and doesn't seem as if Hyundai had designed it to be so. And if a part of the rear washer nozzle assembly has actually dropped off on three cars that are just 1-2 months old then it doesn't speak much for the quality control at Hyundai.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Creta : Official Review-creta-rear-washer-nozzle-1.jpg  

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-creta-rear-washer-nozzle-2.jpg  

Old 13th March 2021, 19:08   #594
Senior - BHPian

Sorry for the blurry image but yes that is the way it is straight from factory. Mine is a Jan 2021 model.

Edit: Does anyone with the 8" touchscreen model(EX and S variants only) have issues with car radio? Its never clear. Crackling for me from day one. And also noticed audio dipping when vehicle travels over bumpy roads like there's some lose connection.

Anyone else facing this issue?
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Creta : Official Review-20210313_190656.jpg  

Last edited by Nithesh_M : 13th March 2021 at 19:11.
Old 14th March 2021, 18:58   #595
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by docinog View Post
Can fellow members who have the 2020 Creta look up this part in their cars and confirm this finding? The opening is actually quite crude and unfinished looking and doesn't seem as if Hyundai had designed it to be so. And if a part of the rear washer nozzle assembly has actually dropped off on three cars that are just 1-2 months old then it doesn't speak much for the quality control at Hyundai.
Mine is November 2020 make, it's same as yours, thus seems to be the way Hyundai has designed it.
Old 14th March 2021, 20:13   #596

Grateful for fellow members' replies. So Hyundai does seem to have designed this part, in spite of its crude and raw looks. Quiet disappointing actually since it is so unlike the rest of the car's sleek exterior.

It is not exactly concealed or in an out of sight location. A rubber/ plastic grommet to hold the rear washer nozzle would have definitely looked much better. And wouldn't have cost much.
Old 17th March 2021, 08:42   #597
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by northstar* View Post
Need your help Creta Owners / Experts

A close friend of mine had booked a Creta diesel E variant and the dealer has been pushing him for accessories. The latest is dealer offered him Climate Control as an accessory for just 20k! The dealer even confirmed that it's just plug and play and even shared with him the panel pics (14.5k for the panel and 5.5k labour).

As per my understanding, Climate Control was a bit of a complex unit and I doubt if the dealer is taking him for a ride. I had found many add on items like steering mounted controls, 17-inch alloy wheels etc online but haven't heard of adding climate control! Can somebody shed light on this?

Attachment 2129722

Attachment 2129723
Sorry for the late reply but hope you find it useful.
While I'm not 100% not sure, I think dealer is correct on his statement. Creta does have a lot of components that are directly plug and play and climate control might be one of them as well.

A lot of guys on YouTube/Facebook have been able to enable cruise control as well by changing merely steering buttons module. If required, you may get that as well.

Same goes for OEM trio LED headlights and full LED taillights. They too are easily available in the aftermarket.

Quote:
While cleaning my newly bought Creta 1.5 IVT SX (O) a few days ago, I saw a crude looking square opening on the underside of the rear spoiler. On closer inspection, I realised that it is the nozzle opening for the rear washer (for the rear wiper). But unlike the front washer, it seemed to be incomplete, as if some part of the washer assembly is missing. I have attached a couple of photos of this.
This is normal in Creta. No need to worry about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nithesh_M View Post
Sorry for the blurry image but yes that is the way it is straight from factory. Mine is a Jan 2021 model.

Edit: Does anyone with the 8" touchscreen model(EX and S variants only) have issues with car radio? Its never clear. Crackling for me from day one. And also noticed audio dipping when vehicle travels over bumpy roads like there's some lose connection.

Anyone else facing this issue?
While AM/FM reception is definitely bad in 8 inch headunit for all Cretas, it is the audio dipping that seems to be the real issue specific to your car. Please get it checked from Hyundai ASC.

Last edited by sarav100 : 17th March 2021 at 08:49. Reason: Added quoted posts for rest of replies
sarav100 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2021, 09:10   #598
BHPian

Finally after 84 days of waiting, got a call from the dealership yesterday that my Creta SXO Diesel AT has arrived and I can submit the document for registration. Checked the VIN and the manufacturing date is 10th March 2021. Will go and submit the documents and do a PDI today. Hopefully, if all goes well, I will get the delivery by end of this week.
TechLiveMANA is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th March 2021, 10:23   #599
vns

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidusSnake View Post
Mine is November 2020 make, it's same as yours, thus seems to be the way Hyundai has designed it.
Mine got delivered yesterday and it does have this opening.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Creta : Official Review-img_1504_s.jpg  

vns is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th March 2021, 11:33   #600
BANNED

Quote:
I saw a crude looking square opening on the underside of the rear spoiler. On closer inspection, I realised that it is the nozzle opening for the rear washer (for the rear wiper).
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidusSnake View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by vns View Post
Mine got delivered yesterday and it does have this opening.
Earlier generation Creta's has the rear wiper washer nozzle integrated into the HMSL hence was inconspicuous.

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-hyundaicreta39__01.jpg

Due to the addition of a spoiler in the current generation, that nozzle has not been designed properly since it isn't visible clearly unless one peeps to look for it.
a4anurag is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks