Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2021, 13:57   #601
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

I took a test drive of IVT and to be honest, it exceeded my expectation in terms of driving performance.. I had done Seltos IVT test drive earlier but was disappointed. Not sure if Hyundai has changed the tuning or what but it felt much peppier and lively than Seltos. It totally changed by perception about the IVT and now I am inclined to pick it over diesel AT. Did anyone else have similar feel driving seltos vs creta ivt or is it just me
Aviator_guy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2021, 10:17   #602
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
I took a test drive of IVT and to be honest, it exceeded my expectation in terms of driving performance
I am about to make the booking for SX IVT in Bangalore and have couple of queries.
1. As per SA, wait time is 4-6 months irrespective of color or model. I am looking for a particular time period for delivery so any insights would be helpful.

2. He also mentioned that Hyundai has stopped offering galaxy blue color. Is it true ? It is one of the colors I am considering.

3. Is it possible to add 360 camera or at least front parking camera/sensor in SX IVT ? How much does it cost ?

5. Does SX IVT has wireless Android Auto or Do I need to connect through a cable. The test drive car was SX (O) and for some strange reason their central display console was not working so could not check.

4. For such an expensive car, tyre brands being offered are disappointing. Do we have a choice to pick a particular brand among the available options with the dealer ? If yes, any recommendation which one would make sense in terms of quality, reliability and comfort.

Thanks for any feedback if you have
Old 18th March 2021, 21:27   #603
BHPian

Quote:
I am about to make the booking for SX IVT in Bangalore and have couple of queries.
1. As per SA, wait time is 4-6 months irrespective of color or model. I am looking for a particular time period for delivery so any insights would be helpful.

2. He also mentioned that Hyundai has stopped offering galaxy blue color. Is it true ? It is one of the colors I am considering.

3. Is it possible to add 360 camera or at least front parking camera/sensor in SX IVT ? How much does it cost ?

5. Does SX IVT has wireless Android Auto or Do I need to connect through a cable. The test drive car was SX (O) and for some strange reason their central display console was not working so could not check.

4. For such an expensive car, tyre brands being offered are disappointing. Do we have a choice to pick a particular brand among the available options with the dealer ? If yes, any recommendation which one would make sense in terms of quality, reliability and comfort.

Thanks for any feedback if you have

I have taken delivery of SX last month, my inputs as below

1) Wait times for IVT is definitely longer. I was told for manual models that wait time is irrespective of color but definitely dependent on model. SX/SXO manuals may be delivered in a month timeframe in Chennai but IVT and base models will take couple of months.

2) I was told Galaxy Blue was available in first week of Feb, may be it has changed now.

3) Even i am looking for front parking camera/sensor which can feed to existing HU. There seem to be some options in youtube which cost >20k. I did check with dealer, but there is no authorized accessories available from showroom for front sensor/camera. I am slowly getting used to front limits but sensor/camera would have been helpful.

4) I was told that tyres could be any of the 8 brands which Hyundai has tied up and it will be known only during PDI. Predominantly, for SX/SXO it is JK for 17 inches and Apollo for 16 inch spare.

5) Carplay/Android auto is via USB Cable only.
concorde24 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2021, 21:41   #604
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by concorde24 View Post
I have taken delivery of SX last month, my inputs as below

-Wait times for IVT is definitely longer.

-Even i am looking for front parking camera/sensor which can feed to existing HU... I did check with dealer, but there is no authorized accessories available from showroom for front sensor/camera.

-Carplay/Android auto is via USB Cable only
Appreciate your inputs How long did you need to wait for delivery and which SX model you bought?
I checked with the dealer about 360 camera and looks like they can install it for 30k. He was confident it wouldn't void warranty and is perfectly allowed by Hyundai.
Is there any disadvantage of having to connect the phone via an USB cable vs. Wireless? I was uhder impression that 2021 model have new software which may allow wireless connectivity for select few Android hand sets. May be I am mistaken.
Old 19th March 2021, 13:18   #605
BHPian

Quote:
How long did you need to wait for delivery and which SX model you bought?

Is there any disadvantage of having to connect the phone via an USB cable vs. Wireless? I was uhder impression that 2021 model have new software which may allow wireless connectivity for select few Android hand sets. May be I am mistaken.
For my SX- it took 20 days from booking to delivery.

I have Iphone12 - I use cable to connect it for Carplay and it also charges the phone. If Creta had supported wireless carplay, I could have used wireless charging mat as well. Other than that, i don't see any difference.
concorde24 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2021, 12:54   #606
BHPian

For everyone looking to add a front camera or a parking sensor - you can try DIYing a dashcam with rear camera (installed in front) for as little as under Rs. 4000.

I've done the same and don't use it after 6 months as I now have a feel for the car's dimensions. Been looking for front parking sensors though especially at the front corners. Everything in the market now needs a separate LCD screen. I'd suggest waiting for the Alcazar launch, which is rumoured to have OEM parking sensors. Should be easy enough to fit them on the Creta too.
iamitp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st March 2021, 13:05   #607
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I have Iphone12 - I use cable to connect it for Carplay and it also charges the phone. If Creta had supported wireless carplay, I could have used wireless charging mat as well. Other than that, i don't see any difference.
Thanks for info. Did you buy SX ivt? I checked with many dealers and it is 4-5 months waiting period quoted by all of them. I am hoping that with the new launches of Alcazar, Safari, Hector+ and probable Seltos facelift (my peronsal wishlist ) , demand for Creta may come down a bit in next couple of months.
Old 21st March 2021, 13:27   #608
BHPian

Quote:

From which showroom did you take the delivery? And were there any discounts offered?
Old 21st March 2021, 15:07   #609
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for info. Did you buy SX ivt? I checked with many dealers and it is 4-5 months waiting period quoted by all of them. I am hoping that with the new launches of Alcazar, Safari, Hector+ and probable Seltos facelift (my peronsal wishlist ) , demand for Creta may come down a bit in next couple of months.
Mine is SX Diesel Manual. IVT has similar waiting period in Chennai as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hareshjethwani View Post
From which showroom did you take the delivery? And were there any discounts offered?
I have sent you dealer details via PM. Please check.
concorde24 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2021, 01:09   #610
BHPian

Hello, I finally got accepted on TeamBHP and this is my first post here.
So, today I finally went ahead and booked Creta SXO 1.5 Diesel AT.
I had a query regarding how to shift gears in creta's automatic gearbox like when to press the button on gear knob to shift gears ? I have driven automatics before and even the test drive vehicle was automatic but the gearbox felt a bit delicate and I wouldn't like to test anything on my new car.
The test drive vehicle I drove had a strange sound coming from it when I turned on the ventilated seats, SA was clueless about it and thought it was coming from sunroof but on observation I was able to convince him that it were the ventilated seats causing this sound. Has anyone faced any problem with ventilated seats ?
The waiting period I have been quoted is 9 months :(
Jatin247 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2021, 06:07   #611
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jatin247 View Post
Hello, I finally got accepted on TeamBHP and this is my first post here.
So, today I finally went ahead and booked Creta SXO 1.5 Diesel AT.
I had a query regarding how to shift gears in creta's automatic gearbox like when to press the button on gear knob to shift gears ? I have driven automatics before and even the test drive vehicle was automatic but the gearbox felt a bit delicate and I wouldn't like to test anything on my new car.
The test drive vehicle I drove had a strange sound coming from it when I turned on the ventilated seats, SA was clueless about it and thought it was coming from sunroof but on observation I was able to convince him that it were the ventilated seats causing this sound. Has anyone faced any problem with ventilated seats ?
The waiting period I have been quoted is 9 months :(
Hi-welcome to Team BHP ! Congratulations on booking the Creta SXO Diesel AT. Hope you get your car sooner than the quoted time.
Regarding your query on AT- you have multiple ways of using the gearbox.
1) Default (D) mode, where you actually dont do anything at all!-this is good enough for 90% of the driving.
2) Shift to S (Sport) mode by shifting the lever to the right from the default D. Here, you can allow the car to change gears in an enthusiastic manner or shift them up or down as you need. The car will retain the gear you choose for a fair bit of the rev-range, but will downshift when it cannot sustain a lower than required rpm.
3) Paddle shifters which can be used in D or S mode. I use these mostly for engine braking during a continuous steep downslope. Note-if you want to disengage paddle shifters after engaging them in D mode, you need to shift to Sport and then back to D.
The gear lever may appear stylish but its not fragile as such. In my view, you will not find the need to engage the gears manually very often in any case, except when you want to pull away very quickly to create distance or pass traffic quickly OR you want to accelerate up a slope with a load of passengers/luggage. In my experience, the tuning of the engine in Comfort mode does tend to bog down the AT a bit on steep gradients. You may want to use the sport mode at that time.
I have used the seat ventilation sparingly, but have not experienced any noise as such, could be your specific test car.

Last edited by fhdowntheline : 22nd March 2021 at 06:11.
fhdowntheline is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2021, 13:19   #612
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhdowntheline View Post
Hi-welcome to Team BHP ! Congratulations on booking the Creta SXO Diesel AT. Hope you get your car sooner than the quoted time.
Regarding your query on AT- you have multiple ways of using the gearbox.
Thank you so much for answering my queries.
I read somewhere in this thread only that we can press "+ paddle shifter" for 3 seconds and it goes back to D mode.

Last edited by Sheel : 22nd March 2021 at 15:48. Reason: Trimmed quoted posts. Please start your sentence with a capital letter. Thanks.
Jatin247 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2021, 15:20   #613
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jatin247 View Post
thank you so much for answering my queries.
I read somewhere in this thread only that we can press "+ paddle shifter" for 3 seconds and it goes back to D mode.
OK-didnt notice that, might as well try it out sometime .But in general, you really dont need to use it in the Creta diesel as much as you would need to use it in a CVT type of gearbox (I used it in my erstwhile City, but not to the same effect).
fhdowntheline is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2021, 09:47   #614
BHPian

This guy (VIG Automobile) seems to be modifying Creta's like no one's business and people are driving all the way to Vashi from all parts of the country to get modifications done - specially on the base E model.

Refer to the video from YouTube. Does that not negate the warranty with all the changes done?

MarutiGuy1977 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2021, 20:19   #615
Senior - BHPian

Done with the first service after 2 months @1450 kms. So far so good.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Creta : Official Review-img20210321wa0008.jpeg  

Nithesh_M is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks