Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 24th March 2021, 00:15   #616
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarutiGuy1977 View Post
Does that not negate the warranty with all the changes done?
I have been following his channel since he started uploading creta's videos as I was also interested in getting the base variant and modifying it and I don't think the work done by him would negate the warranty because it is plug and play.
Jatin247 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th March 2021, 07:17   #617

Guys ,

Has anyone felt a shudder or a small jerk in dct turbo variants when you start releasing the break in D mode. I didnt feel this in the IVT and found it very smooth.
Does anyone know about this ?
The SA tells me it's because I need to release the brake more than 70 percent in DCT but I am like how do I control the speed in that case ?
Old 24th March 2021, 10:10   #618
Senior - BHPian

Booked Creta dct sxo in white dual tone today. Went for petrol as my usage does not warrant diesel. My usage will be primarily highway and need a performance oriented vehicle. The waiting period in Bangalore is 5 months for dct. Hope Dct would be reliable in long term.

May cancel and go for kushaq or taigun 1.5 once it is launched. Space is very important as we are a family of tall people. Boot space is another concern for VW cousins.

Last edited by PatienceWins : 24th March 2021 at 10:11.
Old 24th March 2021, 20:15   #619
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
Booked Creta dct sxo in white dual tone today....The waiting period in Bangalore is 5 months for dct. .
Which dealer did you go for? When I enquired, Trident mentioned 3 months for DCT whereas Advaith quoted minimum 5 months for any model. I have booked SX IVT which has 5 months waiting across dealers.
Old 24th March 2021, 20:17   #620
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
Which dealer did you go for? When I enquired, Trident mentioned 3 months for DCT whereas Advaith quoted minimum 5 months for any model. I have booked SX IVT which has 5 months waiting across dealers.
Booked it from Advaith. I did not check with Trident as I can wait.
Old 26th March 2021, 10:41   #621
BHPian

Today morning, after parking the vehicle after a short drive of 4 kms with A/C on, I noticed water dripping from under the engine. Even after engine was switched off it was continuing.

Is this normal for Creta or is this something I need to check with Service Advisor?

Last edited by concorde24 : 26th March 2021 at 10:44.
Old 26th March 2021, 10:44   #622
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by concorde24 View Post
Today morning, after parking the vehicle after a short drive of 4 kms, I noticed water dripping from under the engine. Even after engine was switched off it was continuing.

Is this normal for Creta or is this something I need to check with Service Advisor?
If it's water, probably coming from the AC drain. No worries.
MalluDude is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th March 2021, 13:15   #623

I recently saw a video in which cruise control was added to base model of creta. It was working just like OEM cruise control with notification on MID. The shopkeeper is charging only 3k for that feature including installation of OEM controls on the steering. I was curious as to how he enabled that in the base model. I think the feature is present in all models but hyundai activate it only for higher models
pragunjain is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th March 2021, 23:10   #624
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pragunjain View Post
. I was curious as to how he enabled that in the base model. I think the feature is present in all models but hyundai activate it only for higher models
As also stated in that video, ECUs of the different models are the same, Hyundai to differentiate the different models have not provided the controls to activate the cruise control etc. in base models, thus resulting in a mostly plug and play solution for activating the same by purchasing the steering cruise control assey.
SolidusSnake is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2021, 06:20   #625
Senior - BHPian

Took my Creta for a short drive yesterday evening on the Pune- BLR bypass in the direction of Dehu Rd. There was moderate but fluid traffic, and I maintained a speed of about 70-80 kph. Over a 30km stretch , the dash showed an incredible fuel efficiency stat:25.7kmpl which became 26.6 for a brief period. I have never experienced such numbers ever. Even if we account for a 10% error, it is still fantastic. No wonder the diesel Creta is so much sought after.

Last edited by fhdowntheline : 27th March 2021 at 06:21.
fhdowntheline is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2021, 13:42   #626
BHPian

Hi - i am soon taking delivery of my dct creta. A couple of points i want to check with the forum for advice.

1. extended warranty - i am only seeing an option for 5 yrs 100k km warranty costing 17.5k. Since my usage is not much, 5 yrs, 50k would have been enough, but thats not available anymore. the price gap of 4 yrs vs 5 yrs is 6k, but thats worth it for sure, especially given DCT.

2. AMC for consumables - 10k for 2 yrs, 40k covering brake shoes, wipers, clutch plates etc. Is it worth going for?
Old 27th March 2021, 14:02   #627
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyp View Post
1. extended warranty - i am only seeing an option for 5 yrs 100k km warranty costing 17.5k. Since my usage is not much, 5 yrs, 50k would have been enough, but thats not available anymore. the price gap of 4 yrs vs 5 yrs is 6k, but thats worth it for sure, especially given DCT.
Standard warranty is customisable, you can opt for 5 years, 50k kms standard warranty. Therefore no need to take extended warranty. Edit- If your expected running is more than 50k kms in 5 years, then considering the unreliable nature of DCTs and likely very high repair costs post warranty, going for extended warranty is a good idea.

Last edited by SolidusSnake : 27th March 2021 at 14:28.
SolidusSnake is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th March 2021, 22:16   #628
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidusSnake View Post
Standard warranty is customisable, you can opt for 5 years, 50k kms standard warranty. Therefore no need to take extended warranty. Edit- If your expected running is more than 50k kms in 5 years, then considering the unreliable nature of DCTs and likely very high repair costs post warranty, going for extended warranty is a good idea.
1. Hyundai is also offering Shield of Trust for consumables (brake pad, clutch plate - I assume plate as it is wear and tear as they have just mentioned clutch in warranty - belt, hoses etc) in addition to standard/ extended warranty - 5 yr/ 60k coverage for Creta costs 26k, irrespective of model - https://www.hyundai.com/in/en/connec...hield-of-trust

Is it recommended in addition to the standard/ extended warranty for 5 yrs? Do not see attractive for me as I believe mfg defects should be covered in standard warranty. The chance of consumables covered (brake pad, clutch, hoses) being replaced is less I think and I believe clutch is already covered in warranty. The service advisor says clutch wear and tear (so clutch plate I believe) would not be covered in warranty whereas Shield of Trust will cover it.

I also need some clarifications on insurance and loan. It would be great if anyone can clarify.

2. Regarding insurance, Advaith hyundai is quoting 76k (1 year comprehensive + 3 year third party). As per them, it includes full IDV (ex-showroom price) with all add ons - zero depreciation, return to invoice, consumables etc. I took quote from digit and bajaj allianz online by adding all the covers and I see similar figures. So I am thinking about taking insurance from Advaith itself, should help in better assistance during claims as well. Any suggestions based on your experience?

I have 50% No Claim Bonus (NCB) in the current car which I plan to sell, Bajaj Allianz. So plan to get the same provider through the dealer and transfer NCB once I sell the current car.

3. I plan to take around 50% loan and prepay it soon. I see that the private players have pre closure and pre payment charges in addition to marginally higher loan rates. So I plan to take loan from PSU. Plan to visit Bank of Baroda branch near Marathahalli, where I stay. Any recommendation on PSU bank/ branch for loan? A customer friendly PSU bank/ branch is preferred. Thanks

4. I plan to change the tyre from stock JK to Michelin/ Continental once I got delivery. Any suggestions on tyre from those who have already changed tyre? My experience with Michelin has been very good, need to check the options/ availability in Bangalore.

I took a test drive of Creta DCT and I am impressed with the power delivery and refinement. The refinement is very good as I could not even make out that the engine is running with AC switched off. The only issue I see is low mileage reported in bumper to bumper traffic, Diesel AT seems good in this regard.

Last edited by PatienceWins : 28th March 2021 at 22:18.
PatienceWins is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2021, 10:42   #629
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post

Is it recommended in addition to the standard/ extended warranty for 5 yrs? Do not see attractive for me as I believe mfg defects should be covered in standard warranty.
There is a separate thread on Shield of Trust - please check here (Hyundai customers can now buy 'Shield of Trust' package that covers 14 wear & tear parts)

It makes lot of sense to take upto Venue as it is only 9k for 5 years. But for Creta it is costing 26K which looks steep. But if you look into the repairs covered in that thread, if you have one issue of Clutch replacement it will repay. You have time till 1st service to decide on picking up Shield of Trust and not mandatory during purchase.

For insurance, I would recommend to go with dealer as Hyundai package has some additional benefits like Rodent cover etc, but you can request the dealer to match the quote. For a new car it is 95% of ex-showroom is IDV and not 100%.
concorde24 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2021, 11:06   #630
Team-BHP Support

Mumbai query:

Does anyone know where in Mumbai (preferably south Mumbai or early suburbs) one can get a diesel AT Creta and a DCT for test drive?

I inquired in a couple of places (Saat Rasta Mahalakshmi and the one near New Cuffe Parade Wadala) and neither of them seem to stock diesel ATs for test drives. They only had the Petrol automatic and I think that too only in the 1.5 L non DCT option.

Thank you.

Most Viewed