Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2021, 00:40   #631
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post

2. Regarding insurance, Advaith hyundai is quoting 76k (1 year comprehensive + 3 year third party). As per them, it includes full IDV (ex-showroom price) with all add ons - zero depreciation, return to invoice, consumables etc. I took quote from digit and bajaj allianz online by adding all the covers and I see similar figures. So I am thinking about taking insurance from Advaith itself, should help in better assistance during claims as well. Any suggestions based on your experience?
I looked up qoutes online and got a 36k from kotak insurance. This was for full ex showroom IDV and zero dep + consumables. Return to invoice may be a couple thousand more. Pls compare before you go with the dealer. there is a 30k odd savings to be had here.
funkyp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2021, 13:16   #632
vns

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyp View Post
I looked up qoutes online and got a 36k from kotak insurance. This was for full ex showroom IDV and zero dep + consumables. Return to invoice may be a couple thousand more. Pls compare before you go with the dealer. there is a 30k odd savings to be had here.
I'd booked in Pavan Hyundai, Kanakapura Road. They're not ready to change the insurance quote based on our value and whatever is decided was final. It costed me ~70k with zero dep.
Old 30th March 2021, 14:36   #633
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vns View Post
I'd booked in Pavan Hyundai, Kanakapura Road. They're not ready to change the insurance quote based on our value and whatever is decided was final. It costed me ~70k with zero dep.
Advaith is fine with buying insurance from outside. I took online quotes from digit and
Bajaj and got similar quote as dealer.

Is 70k quote given for sx optional dct?
Old 30th March 2021, 14:39   #634
vns

Quote:
Advaith is fine with buying insurance from outside. I took online quotes from digit and

Its for SX MPi Manual
vns is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2021, 20:13   #635
BHPian

In my DCT, I can feel the gearshifts, not jerks but upshifts are often perceptible during normal driving whereas when I drove a friend's TC, its gearshifts were imperceptible, is it normal DCT behaviour? It's my first automatic car, hence don't have much experience.
Old 30th March 2021, 20:15   #636
BHPian

Quote:

Try TATA AIG. I too have booked a diesel SXO manual. Dealer quote for insurance is ~83k including b2b . I spoke to Tata AIG and they’ve given a quote of 42k with B2B, RTI, engine protect etc (it’s their sapphire plus plan). Dealer is fine with me taking the insurance from outside. Tata AIG has a cashless facility with Hyundai (I had checked with the dealer on this).
Dhananjay_Desai is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 31st March 2021, 00:47   #637
BHPian

Recently, there has been new about automakers hiking price in April. Is there any chance that Hyundai might increase the price of creta yet again ? They have already done it twice since launch.
Creta is already overpriced for what it offers but there are not many options for diesel automatics in 20L budget.
Old 31st March 2021, 12:28   #638
Senior - BHPian

I am very happy with the test drive of creta dct, have not driven diesel at. I decided to go for petrol dct as my usage is less, predominantly highway and enjoy driving. As I now see many dct issues, mainly alternator, i am wondering whether I should change the booking to diesel at?

How's the diesel at driving experience, engine as well as transmission, compared to petrol dct?

It seems the alternator issue is limited to initial batch and is fixed now. Is it so?

Any recommendation would be helpful. Thanks
PatienceWins is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2021, 12:40   #639
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidusSnake View Post
In my DCT, I can feel the gearshifts, not jerks but upshifts are often perceptible during normal driving whereas when I drove a friend's TC, its gearshifts were imperceptible, is it normal DCT behaviour? It's my first automatic car, hence don't have much experience.
I do feel gear changes in some scenarios in my Seltos DCT too. I think this is the normal behavior for a DCT gearboxes. In TC gears don't exist so you won't observe that.
Old 1st April 2021, 13:42   #640
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I think you are perceiving things correctly. Both DCTs and TC gearboxes do provide the sensation of transmission shifts, notably upshift. CVT transmission doesnt provide that feel, but it provides the rubber-band effect.
Its not a deal breaker or an issue at all. What is more important with respect to DCT is the adherence to the rule of keeping transmission in Neutral during longer periods of standstill to avoid overheating.
Old 1st April 2021, 14:26   #641
BHPian

I'm driving my SX petrol manual for about 3 months and have covered 2500kms approximately. Since last week, gear shifts have become hard (for the lack of word). I've to apply some force to slot the gears. What could be the issue here ? First servicing is done on the car last month.
Old 1st April 2021, 14:34   #642
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountainman21 View Post
I do feel gear changes in some scenarios in my Seltos DCT too. I think this is the normal behavior for a DCT gearboxes. In TC gears don't exist so you won't observe that.
Actually the Torque Converter replaces the clutch and not the gears. The gears are very much there. However a good torque converter can provide for very smooth shifts as I imagine any jerks would be absorbed by the fluid in the coupling.
Strangerintown is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2021, 21:44   #643
BHPian

Quote:
I just got my 3rd service done recently and they did a software upgrade , which is documented as as Gear Shift logic update , in the bill . This was a free software upgrade .

I can confirm the DCT gear shift jerks are all gone now . Its very smooth now .
gautamkhadse is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2021, 21:58   #644
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gautamkhadse View Post
I just got my 3rd service done recently and they did a software upgrade , which is documented as as Gear Shift logic update , in the bill . This was a free software upgrade .

I can confirm the DCT gear shift jerks are all gone now . Its very smooth now .
It is a software update for TCU i.e. transmission control unit, many other owners on facebook group have also reported that their dealer called them for TCU update, though I have not got any such call, may be it's specific to a batch of cars. What is the manufacturing date/ month of your car?
Old 1st April 2021, 22:07   #645
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay6988 View Post
I'm driving my SX petrol manual for about 3 months and have covered 2500kms approximately. Since last week, gear shifts have become hard (for the lack of word). I've to apply some force to slot the gears. What could be the issue here ? First servicing is done on the car last month.
Hope the Gear oil is up to the mark. If not that then get the clutch checked.
It could be as simple as rust or lack of lubrication at the gear lever point of contact.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks