Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2021, 13:10   #646
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Looking forward to the Alcazar launch. Hope it comes with front parking sensors or 360 degree cameras. Porting them to the Creta should be possible at a dealership level.
iamitp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2021, 22:28   #647

I finally booked SXO dct over the weekend. When I quizzed the sales person I was told that they could setup a 360 camera for 30k. Has anybody gotten this installed before ? If so from where and how has been the experience so far ?
Rahulinthecity is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2021, 23:53   #648
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamitp View Post
Looking forward to the Alcazar launch. Hope it comes with front parking sensors or 360 degree cameras. Porting them to the Creta should be possible at a dealership level.
Looking at the preview video which Hyundai released for the Alcazar, seems like there is no 360 deg camera, although front parking sensors maybe present.
CEF_Beasts is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2021, 05:10   #649
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulinthecity View Post
I finally booked SXO dct over the weekend. When I quizzed the sales person I was told that they could setup a 360 camera for 30k. Has anybody gotten this installed before ? If so from where and how has been the experience so far ?
Was it an aftermarket or a Hyundai Mobis setup offered by the SA?
Old 8th April 2021, 13:10   #650
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulinthecity View Post
Where did you book? Waiting period?

I booked in advaith in may end and given 5 months waiting period.
PatienceWins is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2021, 16:38   #651
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
Looking at the preview video which Hyundai released for the Alcazar, seems like there is no 360 deg camera, although front parking sensors maybe present.
Sorry for giving wrong information about the 360 degree camera, Alcazar will get a 360 deg setup, must be possible to fit on the Creta as well.

Name:  Screenshot 20210408 163425.png
Views: 4318
Size:  179.0 KB

Name:  Screenshot 20210408 163356.png
Views: 4334
Size:  197.3 KB
CEF_Beasts is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2021, 20:18   #652
BHPian

Creta booking cancellation #longpost

With a heavy heart, I took the decision to cancel my Creta booking today, due to the hardships I had to face with the dealer.

I booked the car at the beginning of Feb and was pretty excited when the dealer "assured" me that I'll get the car before the end of March itself. Due to this assurance, we sold our existing 7+-year-old car and started waiting for our newbie and didn't we didn't have any plans of travel in Feb - March.

What happened afterward is what made me lose the trust. They'll call me at the end of every month and keep assuring me that I'll get it during the current month itself. This call happened in March & April. Given the fact that it could take more than 2 months because of the demand, I started making plans for a long drive for one of my cousin's wedding in Chennai at the beginning of May, with the "assurance" that the ride would be in my hand by March, and I had convinced everyone for a road trip, where some were looking to go by flight (I was sounding so convincing that all of them didn't book their flight at the beginning of March for a pack of around 15 people and the flight rates were around 4k up and down then, now it has shot up to 9k)

Fast-forward to 5th April -> got a call from the SM and he said that my variant hasn't come in the allocation confirmation list, and he said to wait for 2 days as he's trying hard for one. I again trusted him in this "assurance" and decided that it would happen. From then, no calls from him - I called him way past his assured callback time and all I could hear was apologies for missing to call me blah blah blah.. I asked patiently if I'll get the vehicle before the first week of May, and then he dropped the bomb! The next vehicle allocation would happen in JUNE only!!

I had made many plans for May, my dad's treatment, vacation with my family, this wedding which I mentioned above, another wedding.. and my heart literally sank for a min and it took a few seconds to regain my presence and asked why you didn't say it initially that the delivery would take this long? Again, he was apologetic and then dropped the second bomb - I'll try my best to get the car to you in June, which meant - there is a possibility that it may take even longer, and when I asked it explicitly he was they weren't expecting this delay for a DCT but yeah it could take longer.

Since I couldn't wait that long, and Rent-A-Car wasn't a permanent fix for a long time (almost 3+ months) we decided to go ahead and book Hector Sharp CVT (Specific about Petrol Automatic), and it was the next best car we had shortlisted. Hector is on its way, and hopefully, I'll get it by end of this month and all my plans wouldn't be in vain.

Heavy heartedly - Bye bye - Creta, Welcome Home, Hector!!
subramaniamj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th April 2021, 20:25   #653

Quote:
Was it an aftermarket or a Hyundai Mobis setup offered by the SA?
I don't see it under mobis so must be by the SA. I will check this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
Where did you book? Waiting period?

I booked in advaith in may end and given 5 months waiting period.
I am on 4 months waiting. I really hope it can be earlier before my patience runs out.
Rahulinthecity is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2021, 16:56   #654
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarutiGuy1977 View Post
This guy (VIG Automobile) seems to be modifying Creta's like no one's business and people are driving all the way to Vashi from all parts of the country to get modifications done - specially on the base E model.

Refer to the video from YouTube. Does that not negate the warranty with all the changes done?

https://Youtu.be/CEro5iOMs6g
Beware of this guy's quality of work and prices.. His fit and finish of seat covers / other interiors is sub par. He also charges through the roof.. e.g. the Sony XAZ 800 is available for 25-26K tops and he charges 33k for it.

In Delhi - all accessories are offered at 5% discount and no labour charges, whereas this dude charges MRP and labour.

I would be very careful getting my car done from this centre.
rahulvv is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th April 2021, 18:39   #655
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulvv View Post
Beware of this guy's quality of work and prices.. His fit and finish of seat covers / other interiors is sub par. He also charges through the roof.. e.g. the Sony XAZ 800 is available for 25-26K tops and he charges 33k for it.

In Delhi - all accessories are offered at 5% discount and no labour charges, whereas this dude charges MRP and labour.

I would be very careful getting my car done from this centre.
I too felt that his prices are higher than the other car accessories shops.

Moreover, I found him a bit careless during a telephonic interaction. Inspite, of me telling him that I'll be travelling all the way from Goa to Mumbai to get the work done; he didn't care much and insisted on a Whatsapp chat; to which he never replied properly.

And ya, his leather or rather art leather work is surely not upto the mark. No matter how much ever he praises it in his videos. The finer details are nowhere comparable to say that of the Orchis.

Anyway, currently going by his YT channel, he has an enormous fan following and people do come from every length of the country.

Last edited by ashvek3141 : 9th April 2021 at 18:41.
ashvek3141 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th April 2021, 13:54   #656
Senior - BHPian

Rode to Madikeri and Coorg yesterday. Pretty happy with the car so far. I was a bit apprehensive about full load and an anaemic petrol NA engine but save for a few twisty bends needing a 2nd gear climb it was all okay. The climb up the hills saw fuel efficiency dip to 14kmpl. But on the way back the average fuel economy went as high as 42kmpl as I was descending down the hills for an hour. Then i floored it all the way home and the overall fuel efficiency stood at 14.7kmpl. The last photo was taken by a passenger from the rear seat.

Not bad for a 5 seater petrol NA with luggage.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Creta : Official Review-20210410_171911.jpg  

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-20210410_133631.jpg  

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-20210410_175918.jpg  

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-img20210410wa0135.jpeg  

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-img20210410wa0141.jpg  

Nithesh_M is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 13th April 2021, 07:49   #657
BHPian

Hey guys! I'll be due for my 10,000 KM service in a few days. Since it'll be my first new car 10K service I had some queries in mind:

1. What are the things I should look for, watch out for and ensure during the service, above and beyond what the manual says?

2. How long is the service expected to take? Is it advisable to be present at the service station during the service or should I drop off and collect my car?

3. Any suggestions on picking the right service station in New Delhi? For the 1st service, I went to the petrol pump close to my house which is also registered as a HASS. Should I look for a bigger service station or does that not matter much? Should I go to the same dealer from whom I bought the car or does that also not matter much?

I did go through the below thread, but please do also share your recent Creta 2020 specific experiences.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...lhi-ncr-5.html (Decent Hyundai Service Centre in Delhi/NCR)

Please do let me have your thoughts.

Thanks & regards,

Amit

Last edited by iamitp : 13th April 2021 at 07:53.
Old 13th April 2021, 09:21   #658
BHPian

Quote:
1. What are the things I should look for, watch out for and ensure during the service, above and beyond what the manual says?
For Specifics just take a look at the service manual and it will clearly tell you what should be replaced against what should be inspected and if required then replaced.
Mine is a 1.6 Petrol 2019 model and i remember the Fuel Filter, Air Filter, Engine Oil was replaced and other than that regular inspection was done. I am confident the same goes for the 2020 model but again let others comment as well.
PLEASE DONT opt for any other unnecessary services like AC cleaning, Injector cleaning, Interior cleaning, Wheel Balancing, etc that is just another way of making money for them.
I shifted from mineral oil to synthetic oil and it makes a difference in the refinement although you have to pay more. I would highly advise shifting to a Synthetic one.

Quote:
2. How long is the service expected to take? Is it advisable to be present at the service station during the service or should I drop off and collect my car?
If you stay there and you must it should not take more than 2 hours top. I would HIGHLY advise you to be present there and oversee the work if allowed.
The least you should do is keep the vehicle within your line of sight at all times.
During covid, they might not allow you to be right next to the vehicle but you can still oversee the work being done.
Another advantage of staying there during the service is that your vehicle will be serviced on priority since you are present but for that, you have to ensure that you are at the service station by 9 am sharp so that your number comes first.
Artyom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2021, 14:19   #659
Senior - BHPian

My car has finally landed at the dealer's stockyard, we have got the Creta 1.5 Diesel SX(O) AT in Polar white. All the formalities are done but due to the lockdown in Delhi, we would be unable to bring her home as of now. This car is primarily for my sister for her daily run and also for me for some outstation trips where it is not possible to take our 320d to due to the road conditions and terrain.

Diesel was selected over petrol as the running would be higher on this car once the pandemic ends and also i did not want to deal with dct woes. Since the car would not be my daily drive, am sure the others would not take care of putting the car in neutral at red lights etc and that would aggravate the dct wear n tear. I plan to take the car to spiti valley, leh etc and diesel felt a safer bet around such places.

The choice was between Seltos/Creta only, she liked Creta's exterior/interiors more + the pano sunroof was a huge swing for her and my mother. Seltos did feel better to drive with a stiffer set up but Creta had a superior ride quality. Did not want to experiment with Tata and having owned a VW product earlier for 6 years, VAG cars would not be in my contention for this life.

Variant choice was simple, SX (o) was selected for the 6 airbags primarily and also the Bose system, i am an audio freak and did not want to open up the door pads etc to upgrade the audio later. Now that i see the photos, the alloys on SX O looks way better compared to other variants, worth the stretch to the optional variant. Would post my detailed driving experience once she comes home.

I have a question for fellow Creta owners, how are the stock JK tyres on the car? My earlier experience with JK has not been good, they are long lasting/durable and it ends there. How is the tyre noise, grip levels? Yokohama has come in with RV02 tyres in this size. Is it worth upgrading? Do not want to go for Michelin's as it defeats the purpose of the car being abuse friendly over bad roads, Michelins are a bit delicate.

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-42613aec4e5a4e25af767a444ed734d7.jpg

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-31c332b837734291a97cdff25dafd716.jpg

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-f5639326a22e491da4f47b6a4386d2fe.jpg

Last edited by coolboy007 : 23rd April 2021 at 14:21.
coolboy007 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th April 2021, 07:24   #660
BHPian

Existing owners of Creta diesel please let me know the real world milege of the car with AT vs MT transmission. Really torn between the sx auto and sxo Manual.
TIA

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks