Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2021, 14:55   #736
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Hyundai Creta creates history by becoming India's highest-selling car in May 2021.

It is for the first time that a Non-Maruti model has emerged as the bestseller in the Indian market for a very long time.

Quote:
Only 3 out of the Top 10 cars came from Maruti Suzuki’s stable. Also, 3 Hyundai models fared in the list. Kia had 2 models and Mahindra/Tata had 1 each in the Top 10
Hyundai Creta : Official Review-1.jpg

Note:

Maruti Suzuki dispatches were majorly impacted by the production cut and is reflecting in the figures here. Also note that the retail phenomena may be quite different.

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 2nd June 2021 at 14:59.
volkman10 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2021, 17:05   #737
Distinguished - BHPian

This is indeed incredible! A mid-sized SUV outselling compact cars in unthinkable. Not only that, the Kia Sonet is in the third rung! These cars sell for 12-22 lakhs on-road - almost 4 times the price of compact hatchback cars! Granted, this is influenced by the production stoppages at Maruti, but Hyundai also had to stop production towards the end of the month.

I think, more importantly, this underlines the inelastic demand exhibited by more expensive cars versus the cheaper ones. Those buying the Creta are probably less affected financially by COVID than those buying a Swift.
Old 2nd June 2021, 17:18   #738
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Hyundai Creta creates history by becoming India's highest-selling car in May 2021.

It is for the first time that a Non-Maruti model has emerged as the bestseller in the Indian market for a very long time.
Is it because of lockdown propagating from North to South India through the month? As I understand, Tamilnadu state (Hyundai factory) went to strict lockdown from May24th whereas Maruti factories where already in lockdown impacted mode from early May?

Last edited by concorde24 : 2nd June 2021 at 17:28.
concorde24 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2021, 19:31   #739
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
This is indeed incredible! A mid-sized SUV outselling compact cars in unthinkable
Take these numbers with a pinch of salt as mostly they represent dispatches to the dealer in that particular month. Due to lockdown as well as MSIL deciding to shut down plant and divert oxygen for medical purpose might have led to less dispatch numbers. This month data is more of an anamoly.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 2nd June 2021 at 19:35.
Aviator_guy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2021, 11:16   #740
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidusSnake View Post
Has anyone faced issue with saving of favourite FM stations?. Issue I am facing is- Suppose I save 8 stations, then I can cycle through them by pressing up and down on the steering controls.

Saving that station again as favourite resolves the issue temporarily.
Have you figured it out? Please let us know the solution.

In older Hyundai vehicles, there was an option of AST (automatic store tuning) that used to scan and set the FM channels in one go... in Creta we have to go to list and manually select individual channels and mark them as favorites.. or am i missing a trick here?
Old 4th June 2021, 13:14   #741
BHPian

Any information on a new SX executive varient?
Have been reading about in on quiet a few groups.
Old 5th June 2021, 12:22   #742
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hareshjethwani View Post
Any information on a new SX executive varient?
Have been reading about in on quiet a few groups.
I have booked SX(O)D AT, should i wait for this variant ?. Is it getting more features? . Previous gen executive variant sat above SX(O), got ventilated seats extra. I am not sure what they can add extra, may be 360 camera and HUD.
Old 5th June 2021, 22:41   #743
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvishnu View Post
I have booked SX(O)D AT, should i wait for this variant ?. Is it getting more features? . Previous gen executive variant sat above SX(O), got ventilated seats extra. I am not sure what they can add extra, may be 360 camera and HUD.
Not sure about SX executive but I got information that few features are going to be removed from the SX version in coming week.
amitshippie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2021, 23:38   #744
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitshippie View Post
Not sure about SX executive but I got information that few features are going to be removed from the SX version in coming week.
Is Hyundai serious, they are becoming more like ford. They keep changing the features, they just added some features with the price hike and now they want to delete them
Old 6th June 2021, 08:22   #745
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
What a coincidence! Creta had topped the sales chart (statistically) in May 2020 as well.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post4817253 (May 2020 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis)
Old 6th June 2021, 15:01   #746
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvishnu View Post
It is going to be a stripped down version of the existing SX. Not very sure though.
I don't think they would touch the existing upgrades they made to the SX and SX(o) which they made recently.
Old 7th June 2021, 10:15   #747
BHPian

At the 10K service right now. Service advisor is insisting on Servo 5w30 synthetic engine oil at Rs. 2250 + GST; Air filter replacement at Rs. 500 + GST and Tyre rotation with wheel balancing at about Rs. 1500

Please advice which of these I should go for at HASS and which is best done outside.
Old 7th June 2021, 10:36   #748
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamitp View Post
At the 10K service right now. Service advisor is insisting on Servo 5w30 synthetic engine oil at Rs. 2250 + GST; Air filter replacement at Rs. 500 + GST and Tyre rotation with wheel balancing at about Rs. 1500

Please advice which of these I should go for at HASS and which is best done outside.
Get the wheel balancing/alignment done outside. As for parts/maintenance, always stick with HASS during the warranty period.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2021, 10:52   #749
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Get the wheel balancing/alignment done outside. As for parts/maintenance, always stick with HASS during the warranty period.
Thanks. I followed your advice. I understand that there is not point in doing Tyre Rotation (with WA&WB) at HASS either, right?

PS: I haven't rotated the tyres or done WA and WB so far. Was planning on driving to a specialized tyre store from HASS for TR, WA, WB.

Last edited by iamitp : 7th June 2021 at 11:07.
Old 7th June 2021, 22:46   #750
BHPian

Update - 100 odd KM after getting my Creta serviced this morning at Lamba Hyundai, Okhla, the car broke down! I am stranded with the car refusing to engage reverse gear or anything else other than D1. Have called my family for help. Shall post an update and perhaps a new thread chronicling this nightmare after I figure out my way home.
iamitp is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks