Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2021, 17:51   #796
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhananjay_Desai View Post
Dear All,

Is shield of trust useful/worth it for an automatic transmission vehicle? A major reason in manuals to go for it is the clutch assembly being covered. But I’m not sure if SOT would make sense in an automatic. Please advise.
I did evaluate SOT as it was being thrust down on me by the Sales folks when i refused the extended warranty due to low running expected. I would say it will depend on your risk profile as it is a matter of probability of part failure (I don't think they would cover accidental damage which should be taken care of by insurance)

My logic was that a new car that will run not more than 250-300km per month for the next couple of years (due to covid and lockdowns) will have low probability of too much wear & tear in the initial period. So for the first 2 years, SOT did not make commercial sense. Opting for SOT for a longer period was heavy on the pocket.

My other 10 year old Hyundai has not required any major part replacement beyond the regular filter changes so far. Hence i decided to live with the chance that in case a part fails, i will have to bear the cost.

In your case, if a)the running is going to be high b) not on good roads c)your driving style puts pressure on parts, and d)you believe in peace of mind, better safe than sorry then you should go with the SOT. there was a discussion on another thread about what parts are covered along with their cost. That should help you make an informed decision.
Totoro11 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2021, 21:06   #797
BHPian

Has somebody from Mumbai installed this 'Full Floor Mat' from Hyundai? If yes, could you kindly share the dealer details?
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Creta : Official Review-mat.jpg  

Old 23rd June 2021, 21:17   #798
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totoro11 View Post
I did evaluate SOT
Thank you! Your points make sense. I’ll check out the prices in the other thread and then decide if I should take it.

My running would be high but the roads are good. Only 5% may be on bad roads. Do will check the prices to see if the investment would be good for me over a period of five years.
Old 24th June 2021, 02:57   #799
BHPian

Quote:
As per the image, when you press the EPB button down, it should disengage. However, in my case, nothing was happening on pressing it. I will try various combinations of Ignition, Shift, and brake pedal to see if something works.

I have a suspicion that it would require me to press the brake pedal and then release EPB manually (though it may perhaps be a safety feature, it isn't really required if the shift is in 'P')
You need to press the break pedal and then press the EPB button to disengage it or else you can just put the car in R or D mode and press accelerator as it automatically disengages it.
Jatin247 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2021, 21:54   #800
Senior - BHPian

Update regarding my Creta Diesel Automatic delivery:

I had booked Creta DCT SXO with Advaith in March 2021, with an expected waiting period of 4 to 5 months.

A couple of weeks back, changed the booking to Diesel Automatic because of multiple issues being reported online on DCT. The dealer said I have to wait for another 4 to 5 months from June as I just changed the booking from petrol to diesel.

I called a reference in trident, given by my friend. He said that he can deliver diesel automatic in 15 days max provided I make a ready transfer of 5 lakhs, fine with me as I intend to make partial payment and rest loan. Getting vehicle now means I would not be taking depreciation hit with a vehicle delivered in the end of the year. So I will be getting the vehicle in another 15 days.

The only issue is that I need to buy insurance from them instead of getting it from outside, means an additional expense of around 20k for zero depreciation insurance from Hyundai. I have a 50% no claim bonus on my current insurance on Getz, I will take assistance from Hyundai to transfer it to Creta.

I will not be going for the shield of trust (SOT)/ extended warranty as I do not see it worthwhile considering the cost and my limited usage, mainly on highways. I will be going for the standard warranty of 5 yrs/ 60k. The main attraction for SOT is clutch replacement, probability of early replacement less with the automatic box.

Though my usage does not require diesel, decided to go for it instead of IVT as I need a powerful vehicle for highways with full luggage and 4 people. I like the power delivery in turbo compared to NA, like to reach cruising speed fast and stay there.

Last edited by PatienceWins : 24th June 2021 at 22:19.
PatienceWins is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th June 2021, 03:47   #801
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
The only issue is that I need to buy insurance from them instead of getting it from outside, means an additional expense of around 20k for zero depreciation insurance from Hyundai. I have a 50% no claim bonus on my current insurance on Getz, I will take assistance from Hyundai to transfer it to Creta.
Even if you take insurance from dealer ask him to at least match the quotation from outside.
I initially got a quotation of 77K and told my SA that I will take insurance from outside he did all the drama and stuff and was even ready to cancel my booking but I was stubborn and finally got the quotation down to 55k ( HDFC/ICICI Lombard does also cost near 55k).
Old 25th June 2021, 05:32   #802
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jatin247 View Post
Even if you take insurance from dealer ask him to at least match the quotation from outside.
I initially got a quotation of 77K and told my SA that I will take insurance from outside he did all the drama and stuff and was even ready to cancel my booking but I was stubborn and finally got the quotation down to 55k ( HDFC/ICICI Lombard does also cost near 55k).
Is it zero depreciation insurance from dealer? In the Hyundai price list, I see that zero depreciation is mentioned separately (a column hiding at the end) as 10k, in addition to the 76k insurance quote. Thanks
Old 25th June 2021, 17:22   #803
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
Is it zero depreciation insurance from dealer? In the Hyundai price list, I see that zero depreciation is mentioned separately (a column hiding at the end) as 10k, in addition to the 76k insurance quote. Thanks
Yes, it includes 0 depreciation too. I m attaching my quotation below to clear your doubts.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Creta : Official Review-e720535798434f7ca24cdaa41b0fb115.jpeg  

Old 25th June 2021, 18:54   #804
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamitp View Post
Another strange issue is that the door keeps showing as unlocked in Bluelink despite it being locked. Bluelink is also repeatedly failing to take commands even when car is being regularly run and there is good network.

Any thoughts?
It has happened with me and i was thinking maybe we were too soft while closing the doors. Even had to go down couple of times to the basement parking to cross check (because i checked bluelink status before going to bed )

It could be an issue with sensor quality & reliability or a bug in the software. I am more worried about the reverse situation where we thought it was locked and it actually wasn't.

On a separate note, i found BlueLink to be quite patchy and unreliable. There is too much lag in communicating with the server. Voice recognition is trial&error, my kid is very disappointed that it responds only to parents' voice. The navigation can really take you for a ride.
Totoro11 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2021, 11:15   #805
BHPian

Quote:
It could be an issue with sensor quality & reliability or a bug in the software. I am more worried about the reverse situation where we thought it was locked and it actually wasn't.
On a separate note, i found BlueLink to be quite patchy and unreliable. There is too much lag in communicating with the server

I am sure it is Hyundai's choice of vendor which is screwing up Bluelink. It is slow, buggy and poorly designed. We need to pressurize Hyundai into doing something about it.

I've tweeted out to them, do share this tweet if you can, to amplify our grievance.

https://twitter.com/iamitp/status/14...584557062?s=20
iamitp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2021, 22:18   #806
BHPian

Guys I hear sound of rubbing parts (like krrr krrr) from rear left side of my car when driven on road with potholes. Noise doesn't appear when running on smooth tarmac. No noise when accelerating or braking, or shifting gears. Only when car goes over potholes or bumps. The issue appeared all of a sudden today morning. Car was running whisper quiet till yesterday evening.

I have checked visually so far, including sunroof panels, rear seats and boot, everything looks ok. What could be the reason for the noise ? I'm absolutely clueless about this.PS My car is petrol manual variant.
Old 27th June 2021, 06:49   #807
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarav100 View Post
So, I reached Hyundai authorised service station and the glass started working out of the blue. It wasn’t working even when I was entering the workshop but the moment I stepped in, it magically started working . The service advisor also tried simulation of the problem but the damn glass refused to fail. So, after a couples of runs by them as well as me, lubrication spray was used on it and it started working even faster. So, the problem is resolved for the time being at least.

For the rest of the windows and other areas, I’ve ordered WD-40 from Amazon here .
This has become really frustrating . The driver window glass has started to fail again to operate intermittently while going up/down. This time it failed to operate while on a road trip and I had to inhale fumes from trucks for a good half an hour in traffic jam after which it started working again. ASC says glass has to fail during my visit which I’m not sure will happen or not in order to get a resolution in warranty. Will mailing Hyundai’s central customer care team help in resolving this ? Has Anybody else faced similar issue ? Facebook forums show a few posts wherein similar issue was faced and swich was changed under warranty to resolve the same.

Last edited by sarav100 : 27th June 2021 at 07:05.
Old 27th June 2021, 08:58   #808
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarav100 View Post
ASC says glass has to fail during my visit which I’m not sure will happen or not in order to get a resolution in warranty. Will mailing Hyundai’s central customer care team help in resolving this ? Has Anybody else faced similar issue ? Facebook forums show a few posts wherein similar issue was faced and swich was changed under warranty to resolve the same.
The next time it occurs, please record a video of the issue. Capture all possible information such as date, time, Odo reading and even number plate of your car if possible such that you can use it as an evidence. Then reach out to dealership first. I am expecting, they'll honor your complaint and work on it.

Next would be an email to Hyundai with a link to the video.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2021, 12:30   #809
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamitp View Post
I am sure it is Hyundai's choice of vendor which is screwing up Bluelink. It is slow, buggy and poorly designed. We need to pressurize Hyundai into doing something about it.

I've tweeted out to them, do share this tweet if you can, to amplify our grievance.

https://twitter.com/iamitp/status/14...584557062?s=20
Yes, it has not been working for me from last 2.5 months. Even when the car is running, it says no response from server
D'Ro@dSt@r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2021, 16:28   #810
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
The next time it occurs, please record a video of the issue. Capture all possible information such as date, time, Odo reading and even number plate of your car if possible such that you can use it as an evidence. Then reach out to dealership first. I am expecting, they'll honor your complaint and work on it.

Next would be an email to Hyundai with a link to the video.
Thanks for your suggestions, I’ll surely get a video proof this time with all relevant details.

I had posted about this issue on Facebook as well and I’m bewildered by the count of people who said they faced the same issue in initial 2 years of ownership. Seems like a recurring issue with Creta.

Facebook post link
sarav100 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks