Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2021, 07:09   #826
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
Regarding tyre, I see bad feedback about stock JK tyre online.
You can decide on tyres after seeing which ones you get on your car. I got the Apollo alnac 4g. On my two highway trips they seemed fine and they were comfortable. I’ll stick with stock tires till they wear out or get damaged.

Quote:

You are right. Raheja QBE GeneraL Insurance is the underlying policy, though it is marketed as Aditya Birla Insurance in the header.
Aditya Birla is the broker through which Hyundai get their HAPs done. What I’m surprised about is that the dealer didn’t give you a choice to select the actual insurance provider. I was given this choice by the dealer (two separate dealers) for both my elite i20 and Creta HAP insurance and I chose the ones that I wanted to go with. I’ve heard negative feedback about liberty insurance but since it’s HAP I don’t think there should be any problem since you just have to leave the vehicle with Hyundai and they’ll do the rest. But yes, change the underlying insurance provider during the renewal
Dhananjay_Desai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2021, 07:34   #827
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhananjay_Desai View Post
You can decide on tyres after seeing which ones you get on your car. I got the Apollo alnac 4g. On my two highway trips they seemed fine and they were comfortable. I’ll stick with stock tires till they wear out or get damaged.

Aditya Birla is the broker through which Hyundai get their HAPs done. What I’m surprised about is that the dealer didn’t give you a choice to select the actual insurance provider. I was given this choice by the dealer (two separate dealers) for both my elite i20 and Creta HAP insurance and I chose the ones that I wanted to go with. I’ve heard negative feedback about liberty insurance but since it’s HAP I don’t think there should be any problem since you just have to leave the vehicle with Hyundai and they’ll do the rest. But yes, change the underlying insurance provider during the renewal
Yes, I intend to check the tyre brand the vehicle comes with and make a decision. Mostly I will change only if it is JK tyre, as the online/ tyre dealer feedback is bad. I assumed it will be JK as that is what I see people reporting nowadays. Happy to know that I might be getting a better tyre brand. Considering the low buy back price of the stock tyres, it makes sense to use it for sometime and upgrade.

No, the dealer did not check with me regarding insurance. When I checked with the my sales executive whether I can pick the insurance provider, his response was it does not matter during claims as long as it is Hyundai insurance. The list of affiliated insurance providers in the insurance leaflet were reputed names and I did not know that Aditya Birla mentioned there was the broker, and not the actual insurance provider. Anyway, I plan to change it to outside insurance during renewal unless they give a competitive quote, which would not happen looking at the premium they charge. I had to go with the dealer insurance now to get the vehicle soon.

I am not happy with the way dealers are using insurance to make money by charging atrocious premium on a vehicle with high demand. They behave as if they are selling insurance when they are just selling the car. Bundling accessories/ extended warranty/ shield of trust etc in the price and marketing them as mandatory are unethical practices. They cannot do soft blackmailing by saying claims would be faster and efficient when it is hyundai insurance. They should clearly communicate in the price list that they are optional, most customers would not be knowledgeable about these items. Hope there will be competitive vehicles in this segment from other brands so that the attitude will change.

Last edited by PatienceWins : 3rd July 2021 at 07:42.
Old 3rd July 2021, 09:02   #828
BHPian

Quote:
The PDI of my Creta is arranged on Monday, I hope it will go smoothly.

Regarding tyre, I see bad feedback about stock JK tyre online. So I plan to switch to Michelin Primacy, stock size itself, on delivery itself. The quote I got from the tyre dealer is buy back price of Rs.3000 for JK (if good year Rs. 3500) and Michelin at Rs. 11,600 each. I have been a long time user of Michelin tyres and would like to stick with Michelin for its ride comfort, grip and reliability, though it is expensive than other options.
I got JK as stock on my DCT and were inflated with more than 40 PSI in all tyres. Initial ride really felt bumpy and all undulations of the roads were felt inside. Got the pressure changed but still was not happy with the ride quality and with all the bad feedback abt JKs I thought of going ahead with an additional cost of replacing them with michelin or Continentals.
This was last year december and the import restrictions impacted the availability of michelins and hence decided to go ahead with Continental CC LX2. Ride back home was way better than what it was with the stock JK.
CC5 costed 9800 per tyre and the buyback was 3500.
I m sure you can push for more than 3000 and save some bucks

Last edited by D'Ro@dSt@r : 3rd July 2021 at 09:30. Reason: Minor changes
D'Ro@dSt@r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2021, 10:39   #829
BHPian

Quote:
Bundling accessories/ extended warranty/ shield of trust etc in the price and marketing them as mandatory are unethical practices. They cannot do soft blackmailing by saying claims would be faster and efficient when it is hyundai insurance.
Did the dealer make the SOT/Extended warranty/accessories mandatory for you? Accessories - I rejected their standard list and chose from Mobis site and sent screenshots to the accessories Dept of my dealer in my native and they ordered and procured the list in 4 days. Extended warranty I’ll take later on for the 5th year. For now I’ve chosen the 4 year/60k wonder warranty. SOT again was not advised to me by my trusted service advisors in both Bangalore and my native for the automatic. Claims would be smoother and quicker with the HAP (have claimed multiple times on my Hyundai cars. I just left it there and the work started immediately and I collected the car when ready by paying the compulsory deductibles) as compared to outside insurance since we have to do some follow up from registering a claim to settling the amount and also make sure that whichever insurance we choose from outside has a cashless facility with Hyundai. I went with HAP for Creta since the dealer gave me a good discount and the price was the same as outside insurance
Old 3rd July 2021, 13:48   #830
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhananjay_Desai View Post
Did the dealer make the SOT/Extended warranty/accessories mandatory for you? Accessories - I rejected their standard list and chose from Mobis site and sent screenshots to the accessories Dept of my dealer in my native and they ordered and procured the list in 4 days.
I got the extended warranty/ SOT removed by them during the negotiation process. They were making it look like something mandatory, which they are removing for me as a noble gesture. The initial attitude was to pay the full amount in price list as we are giving the vehicle in a week. They came to negotiation table only when I told them I am not interested to book and get vehicle early as per their terms.

Regarding accessories, I removed the items I do not need from the standard list (body cover, perfume, idol) and gave them the list of items I need (3D mat and neck pillow). Let us see it goes during delivery.

I have chosen 5 years/ 50k standard warranty as my usage is less. I had the same reasoning as you with regards to SOT for automatic, clutch is the common suspect for Hyundai cars.

Though I had taken extended warranty to the full extend for my Getz, I never had to use it. Considering my limited usage and the rates, I decided not to go for it. Will take it later if required. I might get a better deal/ freebies as service advisors are always eager to sell these packages.

Regarding insurance claims, I have been a Hyundai customer for the last 17 years and have claimed multiple times from dealers with outside insurance. I have always got smooth cashless settlements without any involvement or additional payment from me (few thousands always) by making sure that the insurance provider I have selected has tie up with the dealer (Bajaj Allianz in my case). So I suspect the claim by dealer that their insurance is faster, even if it is so not an ethical practice as Insurance has nothing to do with Hyundai. They are already making a lot of money by inflating claims, if you have noticed how eager they are to claim insurance even for small works.

In your case, Hyundai insurance makes perfect sense as they are matching the quote from outside and having the provider selected by you. Wish the dealers in Bangalore are as efficient and transparent as the dealer at your native place.

Last edited by PatienceWins : 3rd July 2021 at 14:16.
PatienceWins is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2021, 11:58   #831
Senior - BHPian

Folks in Bangalore who have booked Creta - what is the waiting period? Did the dealer mention any tentative time lines? In my case, my SA is not able to provide any guidance and the only thing I hear is that they are waiting for new timeline from Hyundai. Is it same thing with others as well?
Note that I have booked SX IVT model in March with Advaith motors.
Old 4th July 2021, 12:29   #832
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
Folks in Bangalore who have booked Creta - what is the waiting period? Did the dealer mention any tentative time lines? In my case, my SA is not able to provide any guidance and the only thing I hear is that they are waiting for new timeline from Hyundai. Is it same thing with others as well?
Note that I have booked SX IVT model in March with Advaith motors.
Yes, initially Advaith had given me 4 to 5 months in June first week when I changed my booking made in March for petrol dct to diesel. Later they told me there will be further delay and they are waiting for confirmation from Hyundai.

I am getting the vehicle in 2 weeks through a contact, based on their terms for downpayment and further negotiation. Let me know if you need the contact and wish to discuss with me. All the best.

Last edited by PatienceWins : 4th July 2021 at 12:44.
PatienceWins is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2021, 15:24   #833
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, initially Advaith had given me 4 to 5 months in June first week when I changed my booking made in March for petrol dct to diesel. Later they told me there will be further delay and they are waiting for confirmation from Hyundai.

I am getting the vehicle in 2 weeks through a contact, based on their terms for downpayment and further negotiation. Let me know if you need the contact and wish to discuss with me. All the best.
Thanks! My issue is that I'm going with company lease so there is hardly any room for negotiation or agreeing to certain conditions laid down by dealer which can help me expedite. May be the SA knows my limitations and that's why not giving priority to my booking .. Let me pm you for what it's worth
Old 6th July 2021, 16:56   #834
Senior - BHPian

Got delivery of the car today, SXO Diesel Automatic.

Just drove 6kms in traffic back home from showroom. Total odometer reading: 35 kms.

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-img20210706wa0013.jpeg
PatienceWins is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 6th July 2021, 17:22   #835
BHPian

I want to share an incident that my Creta ran into last week. It all started with the road work that BBMP had undertaken near my house, and I had to park my car at a nearby public park as no other immediate alternatives were available. While I made sure to inspect the physical safety of the vehicle each day, I never needed to take it out, so it remained parked there for a week.
This past weekend, I had an errand to run, so I got in and tried starting my car, and it wouldn't start. I cranked it twice, but the result was the same. My heart was already racing as my car is just a few months old. Then, I went ahead and opened the hood, and to my horror, I could see petrol sprayed all over the engine bay.

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-img_0952.jpg

I went blank at the sight of this, and it took me few minutes to gather myself and figure out what could have happened. I suspected this to be the handiwork of a rodent, but I wasn't sure of the extent of damage at this stage.

With no other option left, I called the Hyundai RSA. They were very prompt in taking the request and arranged a flatbed tow truck to reach my location within 45 mins. I requested that they drop my car at Pavan Hyundai as their service center is just 2 km from my place, and it is also where I bought my car. I also called up the service division at Pavan Hyundai to inform them about this incident and requested them to inspect my car on arrival. They mentioned that the service center was closed for the weekend due to COVID curfew, and they would look at it Monday morning.

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-img_0956.jpg

The service center did diagnose the car Monday morning. The SA called and confirmed my initial suspicion that a rat had indeed chewed the fuel pipe. The fuel was being sprayed out of the hole in the fuel pipe whenever they cranked the car.

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-img_0955.jpg

They replaced the fuel pipe to resolve the problem, the cost of repairs came around 3.3K. I was relieved to an extent in the end as I had feared much worse damage based on my first look.
I took delivery of the car later that evening, and things look good so far.

While this is not the first instance that rats have caused havoc with my car, this certainly was the worst and first on my Creta. Sadly, Hyundai doesn't offer anything to counter the rat problem.

Coincidentally, I read this thread [https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...g-hector.html] (Rats destroy the interiors of my MG Hector) around the same time, and it baffles me the extent of damage these rodents can cause to our cars. I am following the discussion here and exploring options to rat-proof at least the engine bay.
autocool is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 7th July 2021, 20:12   #836
BHPian

Creta owners, i am unable to figure out the following:

1. Can we create multiple trips in the MID? As of now i see only the current trip (which gets reset after being idle for few hours) and accumulated info (which can be set to reset at every fuel refill). What's the best way to monitor time/distance/mileage on a round trip lasting couple of days.

I used Trip A-Trip B to keep track of rough mileage as i would reset the trip every time the low fuel indicator would turn on. I know this will not be as accurate as the tank full method but it is quite close. The second trip option can then be used for individual short or long travels.

2. In older Hyundai vehicles, there was an option of AST (automatic store tuning) that used to scan and set the FM channels in one go. In Creta we have to go to list and manually select individual channels and mark them as favorites. Manually saving different channels in the city when you are on a long trip crossing multiple cities will be cumbersome. Is there a better way?
Old 7th July 2021, 20:28   #837
BHPian

I took delivery of my creta on 18th June. Total distance covered so far is 230Km. Today while coming back from office AVN System hanged. Steering mounted control also stopped working including rearview camera button on gear console. Stopped the vehicle and restarted car but still no change. Only after hard resetting the AVN unit it started working. Bluelink, remote start of engine by key were already frustrating and now this issue. I hope this was one off the incidence and will not persist.
amitshippie is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th July 2021, 20:39   #838
Senior - BHPian

Does the rear view camera button on the gear console work only when the vehicle is moving?

The remote engine start from remote seems to be a gimmick, as it works sometimes. See the same issue on a walkthrough video on YouTube as well.
Old 7th July 2021, 22:56   #839
BHPian

Quote:
Does the rear view camera button on the gear console work only when the vehicle is moving?

The remote engine start from remote seems to be a gimmick, as it works sometimes. See the same issue on a walkthrough video on YouTube as well.
Congratulations on your new car. Wishing you many happy miles on your ride .!!!

Yes the rear view only works while driving. For all such needs of looking at the rear at stand still you can engage reverse

What other feature difference you are able to find from the previous year model?
I wanted to know more about the soft touch feel to the dash in case you can share.
D'Ro@dSt@r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2021, 00:56   #840
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay6988 View Post
Guys I hear sound of rubbing parts (like krrr krrr) from rear left side of my car when driven on road with potholes. Noise doesn't appear when running on smooth tarmac. No noise when accelerating or braking, or shifting gears. Only when car goes over potholes or bumps. The issue appeared all of a sudden today morning. Car was running whisper quiet till yesterday evening.

I have checked visually so far, including sunroof panels, rear seats and boot, everything looks ok. What could be the reason for the noise ? I'm absolutely clueless about this.PS My car is petrol manual variant.
A quick update to this. I drove the car with rattles for 2 days and just couldn't tolerate it anymore. Opened up the sunroof to check if all's ok, cleaned the edges (rubber seals) with damp cloth, checked the sunroof gutters ( err the area where sunroof mechanism slides back and forth ). And then I noticed that the back seat was not fit in properly in it's latch. So I secured the seat back into it's position and lo and behold the noise is gone forever ! I hope it never crops up again BTW I need to spend some time in the back seat of my car too ! The sunroof looks dope from the back seat

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks