Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th July 2021, 12:58   #841
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by D'Ro@dSt@r View Post

What other feature difference you are able to find from the previous year model?
I wanted to know more about the soft touch feel to the dash in case you can share.
Thanks

I do not know what they meant by soft touch dashboard, it is still hard plastic - seems to be a different texture. The sales guy was silent when I asked him what is meant by soft touch dashboard. I will watsapp the picture to you.

I read that the new model also supports map update over internet, in addition to soft touch dash and start/ stop using remote. No idea how map update is done in old model, maybe during service.

Seems they wanted to justify price hike by announcing some lame updates. The start/ stop maybe useful for early morning start and idling during trips, if it works.

Last edited by PatienceWins : 8th July 2021 at 13:02.
PatienceWins is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2021, 11:57   #842
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totoro11 View Post

1. Can we create multiple trips in the MID? As of now i see only the current trip (which gets reset after being idle for few hours) and accumulated info (which can be set to reset at every fuel refill). What's the best way to monitor time/distance/mileage on a round trip lasting couple of days.
Unfortunately, there is none. An useful feature that I sorely miss from my Honda City. It would have been great if Hyundai had provided 2 trip meters in addition to the "Drive Info" which by the way is quite useful for day trips.

The only way is to reset the "Accumulated Info" before start of the multi-day trip that you want to monitor.
autocool is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2021, 01:43   #843

Creta White SX IVT - buy or not

Hi fellow members,

I am Ajay - new to this forum. I have been searching for my ideal car since last six months or so. Looked at a bunch of categories starting from sub 4M SUVs to the Hectors and Harries of the world. Finally zero-ed in on Hyundai Creta SX IVT for the below reasons.
  1. Getting immediately delivery of the car
  2. Fully automatic car
  3. Wide service network of Hyundai Creata
  4. Good/decent fuel Economy
  5. Good ground clearance needed for Bangalore potholes and humps
  6. Good resale value in future
  7. Feature loaded

What I don't like about this car:
  1. Polar white colour is not my first choice
  2. Just two airbags even after spending 19L OTR

The other close contender to Creta was the Honda City VX CVT Red colour. Red looks smashing IMO on the Honda city. It's a pretty reliable car with a good track record. CVT is smooth - paddle shifters in sports mode is very nice. Creta was preferred over Honda City due to concerns regarding ground clearance, lack of panoramic sunroof, substandard infotainment system and back camera in the Honda city.

I am a bit concerned about this immediate delivery of SX IVT without any delay. Is there a catch here? Is it a common practice for the dealers to give preference to customers who pay the full amount without a loan? Please help.
Old 14th July 2021, 05:48   #844
BHPian

Re: Creta White SX IVT - buy or not

Hello Ajay, welcome to the forum.

The SX variant misses out on a few important and useful features -
Only 2 airbags after spending so much
No auto-dimming IRVM
No electrically adjustable driver seat
No ventilated seats
Very basic looking MID etc.

It just doesn't really feel complete as a package IMHO. Plus, the 1.5 NA petrol engine isn't very engaging to drive and can feel a little underpowered when fully loaded. My son briefly considered the same variant but decided against it and booked Sonet GTX Plus, something you can consider if you don't need that extra few inches of space (not just Sonet but other cars from sub 4 meter segment). It saves you a lot of money and gives you a fully loaded trim which will feel fresh for a lot more longer duration than a SX Creta with half of the features missing.

In case SX Creta IVT works for you, please check the VIN first, if you haven't done that already. As Creta is a fast moving model, it shouldn't be more than couple of months old. I don't see any reason why it's unsold for such duration. Inspect the car thoroughly during daylight hours and ensure there are no damages or signs of repairs. Tyres can tell us a lot, look carefully. And don't commit or pay anything before you are absolute sure about it. We all know how difficult it can be later.

Good luck!
Col Mehta is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2021, 07:35   #845
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj_agr View Post
Finally zero-ed in on Hyundai Creta SX IVT for the below reasons.
  1. Getting immediately delivery of the car
  2. Fully automatic car
  3. Wide service network of Hyundai Creata

The other close contender to Creta was the Honda City VX CVT Red colour. Red looks smashing IMO on the Honda city. It's a pretty reliable car with a good track record. CVT is smooth
IVT is not a fully automatic transmission. You still need to change gears manually just without pressing the clutch. On the other hand CVT is a fully automatic transmission.
Old 14th July 2021, 07:41   #846
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlearner View Post
IVT is not a fully automatic transmission. You still need to change gears manually just without pressing the clutch. On the other hand CVT is a fully automatic transmission.
You seems to be confused between iMT and IVT. IVT is the name that Kia, Hyundai use for CVT. It is a proper auto transmission. Manual gear changes are required for iMT
NICHE is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 14th July 2021, 07:57   #847
BHPian

Quote:
Hi fellow members,

I am Ajay - new to this forum. I have been searching for my ideal car since last six months or so. Looked at a bunch of categories starting from sub 4M SUVs to the Hectors and Harries of the world. Finally zero-ed in on Hyundai Creta SX IVT for the below reasons.
Hello Ajay Sir, Welcome to the Forum.
I would suggest you to inspect the car properly before taking the delivery. Inspect the car in broad daylight and try making out whether this car is new and properly functional or not. As mentioned above, do check the tires of the car too.
If a dealer is ready to immediately deliver a Creta, then there is some chance of the car not being perfect. Again, do a proper inspection before buying it.

Yes you are right, the SX variant does miss out on a few features one would have liked at a price point it commands.

Hope this helps,
Happy Hunting.
Old 14th July 2021, 08:33   #848
BHPian

Hi, I have Creta SX manual transmission variant, so I can chip in few points. First thing is the 1.5 NA engine is not for enthusiast driver. It does it's job fairly well but don't expect performance. In the city I can potter around all day in second gear, on highways it builds up speeds quickly, overtaking needs a quick downshift to get in the power band. Panoramic sunroof is a big, nice to have feature. I keep the blind open whenever the weather is pleasant. The cabin definitely feels premium. Reverse camera is ok, nothing exceptional. The infotainment screen has crisp resolution, but the camera is of low quality.
If you do go with this model, please check the VIN and if it's display car. Creta is in high demand with waiting period spanning in months, so double check before going ahead with purchase.
Akshay6988 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th July 2021, 09:24   #849
BHPian

Quote:
What I don't like about this car:
  1. Polar white colour is not my first choice
  2. Just two airbags even after spending 19L OTR
Yes, it is annoying that we have to settle for 2 airbags in a car that costs 17.5L (in Uttarakhand). If one wants a spacious crossover south of 20L, especially automatic transmission, just two vehicles fit the need and so it is what it is.
Quote:
I am a bit concerned about this immediate delivery of SX IVT without any delay. Is there a catch here? Is it a common practice for the dealers to give preference to customers who pay the full amount without a loan? Please help.
I think they do give preference to customers paying the full amount without a loan. We booked our SX IVT on 5th June and the salesperson said yesterday that we will get our car by August 20. That would make it a waiting period of 3 months instead of the expected 4 or 5 months. Maybe it is because we are paying the full amount and someone else's car is being allocated to us or maybe it's a blatant lie.

Have you asked your dealer about the immediate delivery? What was their reasoning?

Last edited by YD14 : 14th July 2021 at 09:26.
Old 14th July 2021, 14:16   #850

Quote:
In case SX Creta IVT works for you, please check the VIN first, if you haven't done that already. As Creta is a fast moving model, it shouldn't be more than couple of months old. I don't see any reason why it's unsold for such duration. Inspect the car thoroughly during daylight hours and ensure there are no damages or signs of repairs. Tyres can tell us a lot, look carefully. And don't commit or pay anything before you are absolute sure about it. We all know how difficult it can be later.
Thanks ColMehta for your response. Agree on your assertion regarding sub-4M cars vs Creta. We bought an XUV300 for my brother in 2019 - No complaints about the car except the boot space, substandard music system and pathetic ASS. I test-drove Sonet - I found the rear to be too cramped for my taste. They probably wanted brownie points for having the largest boot space in the segment. I feel Nexon hits the sweet spot between boot space and rear seat space. Nexon AMT felt horrible - that's why I didn't go for it.

The dealership shared the Chasis/VIN number with me. The manufacturing year is 2021 for sure - apparently you can't figure out the month from the Chasis number for Hyundai cars. I asked the sales guy for the manufacturing month, they are yet to come back. He says you get to know the month only during the registration which sounds fishy. However the sales guy is a bit in-experienced - so gets the benefit of doubt.

Quote:
Hello Ajay Sir, Welcome to the Forum.
I would suggest you to inspect the car properly before taking the delivery. Inspect the car in broad daylight and try making out whether this car is new and properly functional or not. As mentioned above, do check the tires of the car too.
If a dealer is ready to immediately deliver a Creta, then there is some chance of the car not being perfect. Again, do a proper inspection before buying it.
When I asked to check the car before the registration process starts, he says it's in their stockyard which is 50 KMs from my location and will only be brought to the dealership two days before delivery. Buy by then, the ship would have sailed and I would have to take the car no matter what. What can I do here? Should I push him to take me to the stockyard? Am I making a big deal out of this here?
Old 14th July 2021, 15:34   #851
BHPian

Quote:
Hi fellow members,

I am Ajay - new to this forum.

Is there a catch here? Is it a common practice for the dealers to give preference to customers who pay the full amount without a loan? Please help.
Hey Ajay, welcome to the forum!

In Bangalore yes it usually is a practice for customers willing to pay the full amount to get first preference. Since the cash is ready the dealer can inform the manufacturer to prioritise the car for said customer. It’s simple economics for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetrolHead2272 View Post
Could be a genuine reason also where the customer for whom the car was allotted wasn’t able to arrange the finances. This happened with me. I took the delivery of my Creta Diesel SXO AT on June 29th. I had called the dealer on 17th June to check on the waiting period and he informed me that they have 2 cars in stock and one of the customers had cancelled due to financing issues. He asked me to visit the stockyard, check the vehicles and pick whichever one I wanted. The cars were manufactured in the 1st week of June so got a freshly baked product.

But I do agree - definitely visit the stockyard and check the vehicle first.

Quote:

The dealership shared the Chasis/VIN number with me. The manufacturing year is 2021 for sure - apparently you can't figure out the month from the Chasis number for Hyundai cars. I asked the sales guy for the manufacturing month, they are yet to come back. He says you get to know the month only during the registration which sounds fishy. However the sales guy is a bit in-experienced - so gets the benefit of doubt.

When I asked to check the car before the registration process starts, he says it's in their stockyard which is 50 KMs from my location and will only be brought to the dealership two days before delivery. Buy by then, the ship would have sailed and I would have to take the car no matter what. What can I do here? Should I push him to take me to the stockyard? Am I making a big deal out of this here?
There are two characters after the chassis number - a star (*) and an alphabet. This alphabet denotes the month of the manufacturing. Ask for these two characters. They should have it. The below link will help -

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buyin...cture-vin.html (ARTICLE: Find your car's date of manufacture (VIN))

You are paying ~₹2 million, you’ve every right to visit the stockyard and check the vehicle. Yes the stockyards of dealers in Bangalore are usually on the outskirts of the city (I’m just guessing that your dealer is Advaith - they have it on Mysore Road/Kengeri). Trident has one near hosa road junction. They will tell we need to take permission to visit stockyard etc, tell them to take the permission. They need to inform the yard incharge/supervisor about the visit and you can spare some time and go. This is better than to lament later. I too visited the stockyard and checked the cars - one had a slight damage to the front bumper that had happened while unloading. So I rejected that one and selected the other car that they had in stock.

There’s a checklist kept in the car’s boot that’s come from the factory (usually kept near the spare tire- lift the boot lid and you should find it. Check the date on it. It’s the checklist from factory so you should get an idea on when the vehicle was manufactured).

Below is the link for the PDI checklist from T-BHP. Take a printout of the PDF while checking the car.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buyin...heck-list.html (ARTICLE: Pre-delivery Inspection (PDI) & Check List)

All the best!
Dhananjay_Desai is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th July 2021, 15:43   #852
BHPian

Quote:

Yes, something is not right here. All Hyundai cars will have their manufacturing month and year information. You should definitely ask them again.

Quote:
I would strongly recommend to inspect the car before saying yes.
Old 14th July 2021, 16:52   #853
BHPian

It is better to do a PDI than regret later. There are lot of cancellations of the cars booked due to the covid situation. A lot of dealers have stock unsold,so may be you are getting it earlier.
Old 14th July 2021, 23:51   #854

Got an update (written email) from the sales guy - the car is manufactured in June. So we should be good there. Thanks for the response folks. I am talking with the sales guy to do a PDI before the registration process.

Got a discount of 12K on the full price - probably discount on the insurance price. Is it good enough or do people with better negotiation skills get a better discount?
Old 15th July 2021, 03:13   #855
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Got an update (written email) from the sales guy - the car is manufactured in June. So we should be good there. Thanks for the response folks. I am talking with the sales guy to do a PDI before the registration process.

Got a discount of 12K on the full price - probably discount on the insurance price. Is it good enough or do people with better negotiation skills get a better discount?
Congratulations! SX IVT is good VFM variant. You are lucky to get this model so quickly. Generally waiting is running in many months. .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks