Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 18th July 2021, 02:14   #871
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Hey guys, my membership just got approved and this is my first post!

Will be booking the 1.5 SX(O) IVT next week. Still deciding on the colour though; opinion in the family is divided between the Typhoon Silver and the Mulberry Red. Currently we have a Toyota Corolla Altis (Champagne) and a Jeep Compass (Silver) in the stable. Was all set to book the SX IVT last year, but was unfortunately laid-off as my entire division was shut by the company owing to Covid-related downsizing. Managed to find a new job in October though and the finances are now back on track. Started off with budgeting for the SX, but after much dilly-dallying and talking to a score of people, have finally managed to stretch my budget to accommodate the SX(O). The family has always retained all our cars for 7-8 years and I don't want to repent later by getting stuck with an IVT.

I have been through almost the entire thread here of 58 pages and that has more or less answered all my queries. However, I just wanted to know from the members here, whether I should opt for the mats, mudflaps, door visors etc from the dealer itself or get it done from an outside shop. The dealer has quoted 5k for just mudflaps and basic mats which is obscene. I have prepared a wishlist from the Mobis website, which comes up to a decent amount, doubt whether there will be a sizeable saving by opting for an aftermarket shop. Please advise guys!

Also, Mumbai BHP-ians, what's the actual waiting period at the moment? All the dealers I have spoken to are quoting minimum 4 months, which I sense is just a play-safe tactic. I have already made it clear that I will NOT be opting for a loan, so hoping the dealer doesn't play around and gets the allotment done quickly.

This will be our first Hyundai car. We've had a couple of Marutis, a Ford, and currently a Toyota and Jeep. Kindly share any advice with the newest brother of the club. Thanks in advance
IamNikhil is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th July 2021, 09:35   #872
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamNikhil View Post

Managed to find a new job in October though and the finances are now back on track.
Welcome to the Forum Nikhil! The pandemic has been a tough period for most of us, if not all. But if life has taught me something, it’s that bad times don’t last. Glad to hear that things have around .

Quote:
The dealer has quoted 5k for just mudflaps and basic mats which is obscene. I have prepared a wishlist from the Mobis website, which comes up to a decent amount, doubt whether there will be a sizeable saving by opting for an aftermarket shop. Please advise guys!
Are the mats and flaps being coated with silver by the dealer? If there’s not much difference in the prices then go ahead with the genuine accessories. Send the screenshots of the accessories to the dealer with the part number and ask them to order it (it’s better if you give it to them right away so that they’ll have time to order and procure it if it’s not readily available with them - At MRP). You can also create a profile within the mobis app, add them to your cart and source it by selecting the dealer from the app (I’ve not tried this though as I had sent the list to dealer to procure it).

Also, since you are doing the complete payment and not going for a loan you should be able to get the vehicle earlier. All the best!
Dhananjay_Desai is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2021, 12:41   #873
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhananjay_Desai View Post
Welcome to the Forum Nikhil! The pandemic has been a tough period for most of us, if not all. But if life has taught me something, it’s that bad times don’t last. Glad to hear that things have around .

Are the mats and flaps being coated with silver by the dealer? If there’s not much difference in the prices then go ahead with the genuine accessories. Send the screenshots of the accessories to the dealer with the part number and ask them to order it (it’s better if you give it to them right away so that they’ll have time to order and procure it if it’s not readily available with them - At MRP). You can also create a profile within the mobis app, add them to your cart and source it by selecting the dealer from the app (I’ve not tried this though as I had sent the list to dealer to procure it).

Also, since you are doing the complete payment and not going for a loan you should be able to get the vehicle earlier. All the best!
Thanks a lot, Dhananjay

Will check the Mobis App as well. Saw a post on Facebook that there is a discount if you order accessories from the App.
P.s. It's ridiculous that for every little thing, these companies expect us to download Apps! By this rate, we'll need a phone with unlimited storage
Old 18th July 2021, 12:51   #874

Quote:
Short answer, do not buy any accessories from Hyundai unless you find something that is very useful and not available outside. The quality is good, but they are expensive and not much options for useful accessories (more bling stuff on the hyundai site). If the dealer is ready to reduce the accessory amount beyond the basics (mat and mudflap), go for it. Otherwise, select some useful accessories like neck pillow, 3 D mats etc instead of perfume, swach can etc. You will get very good options for seat cover and upholstery outside (from Stanley leather to normal rexin covers). Just make sure you get it done from a reputed shop so that there is no damage to the factory finish or rattling induced.

You can pick and choose a reputed insurance provider like HDFC Ergo, Bajaj Allianz etc. In my case, they gave Raheja QBE which is unheard of. Though I wanted to select it the sales advisor said it does not matter as long as it is Hyundai insurance, same feedback I got from others, The sales advisor agreed to get the new claim bonus transferred through the dealer itself. Also, we can change the insurance provider during yearly renewal, so the provider is not a big deal as long as is is under Hyundai Insurance. If you are getting insurance from outside, just make sure the dealer has tie up with the provider for faster and hassle free claims. In my other Hyundai vehicle, I went with Bajaj Allianz and the claims have been smooth.
Updates:

Chose HDFC Ergo as the insurance provider. Looks like there is an insurance broker called Aditya Birla Insurance brokers limited who bought the insurance from HDFC Ergo on my behalf.

Just going for two accessories for now. Neck pillows and an all weather mat.

Now fingers crossed for the delivery. Will update the thread once that happens.

Last edited by Sheel : 18th July 2021 at 17:15. Reason: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers. Thanks!
aj_agr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2021, 13:49   #875
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj_agr View Post
Updates:

Chose HDFC Ergo as the insurance provider. Looks like there is an insurance broker called Aditya Birla Insurance brokers limited who bought the insurance from HDFC Ergo on my behalf.

Just going for two accessories for now. Neck pillows and an all weather mat.

Now fingers crossed for the delivery. Will update the thread once that happens.
Hey aj_agr, wish you the best of luck and hope you get your Creta soon I will be booking the SX(O) IVT in Mumbai next week. Finalising the details with the dealer currently!
Old 18th July 2021, 16:28   #876
BHPian

Quote:

I have been through almost the entire thread here of 58 pages and that has more or less answered all my queries. However, I just wanted to know from the members here, whether I should opt for the mats, mudflaps, door visors etc from the dealer itself or get it done from an outside shop. The dealer has quoted 5k for just mudflaps and basic mats which is obscene. I have prepared a wishlist from the Mobis website, which comes up to a decent amount, doubt whether there will be a sizeable saving by opting for an aftermarket shop. Please advise guys!
Welcome to the forum Nikhil.

I also got mudflap and mats from the Dealer at 5K. However, in my case mats were 3D and I found quality also good. I would suggest you to buy mats from the outside as it will be cheaper. Below is a link of thread about various mats here. It will give you some idea.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modif...mium-mats.html (3D KAGU & Other Premium Mats)

Posting this pic of mat for your reference which I got from the dealer:
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Creta : Official Review-20210608_135307.jpg  

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-20210625_170448.jpg  

amitshippie is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th July 2021, 17:20   #877
BHPian

Quote:
Will be booking the 1.5 SX(O) IVT next week. Still deciding on the colour though; opinion in the family is divided between the Typhoon Silver and the Mulberry Red. Currently we have a Toyota Corolla Altis (Champagne) and a Jeep Compass (Silver) in the stable. Was all set to book the SX IVT last year, but was unfortunately laid-off as my entire division was shut by the company owing to Covid-related downsizing. Managed to find a new job in October though and the finances are now back on track. Started off with budgeting for the SX, but after much dilly-dallying and talking to a score of people, have finally managed to stretch my budget to accommodate the SX(O). The family has always retained all our cars for 7-8 years and I don't want to repent later by getting stuck with an IVT.
Welcome to the forum. The pandemic has created chaos for everyone. Good to know that things are back on track for you. Touchwood.

Quote:
You can create your profile/account on the Mobis website and order the accessories. Accessories ordered from the Mobis website directly offers a 15% discount. Most of the dealers will match the offer and will pass a similar discounts. Just make sure you open the website and add the products in the cart during the time of booking and they will match it.

Quote:
Also, Mumbai BHP-ians, what's the actual waiting period at the moment? All the dealers I have spoken to are quoting minimum 4 months, which I sense is just a play-safe tactic. I have already made it clear that I will NOT be opting for a loan, so hoping the dealer doesn't play around and gets the allotment done quickly.
Four to six months is the bare minimum you should expect. As per my dealer (Capital Hyundai, Noida), one way to get accelerated delivery (as per them deliveries have happened within 15 days through this route) is to book the car using Clicktobuy. Following are the eligibility criteria for getting Creta in 15 days from Clicktobuy:
  • You have to be an individual buyer (so corporate lease buyers are not eligible)
  • You need to buy the car using car loan (so anyone not opting for the loan is not eligible)
  • You need to have a pre-approved car loan offer from eligible private banks (I guess it's limited to ICICI and HDFC). Keep in mind that it has to be a pre-approved car loan offer.
If someone fulfils the above criteria then your Creta can be delivered within two weeks. As per the dealer, such an order from Clicktobuy goes directly to Hyundai and the dealer’s role is limited to delivering the car.

As per the dealer, he has managed to get 2-3 vehicles delivered in the past two months using this way.

I am not sure how impartial is the booking process is at Hyundai. On one side, Hyundai is not able to deliver cars ever after 6 – 7 months (You search Twitter, Facebook for Hyundai Creta and you will find 100’s posts of the people waiting for their cars to be delivered for many months) and on the other side, they have an option to book the car directly with them and get the car quickly. I guess Hyundai might be getting some commission from these private banks for processing orders through Clicktobuy by bypassing the dealers.
HP-BHP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2021, 18:57   #878
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitshippie View Post

I also got mudflap and mats from the Dealer at 5K. However, in my case mats were 3D
5k just for mud flaps and 3D mats?! That’s daylight robbery!! Why 5k did you check with the dealer?

I too got the same 3D mats and mud flaps few days ago

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-ba85dfe501f34fabb2de066a89e63b4a.png

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-68e4073de03b4d14b4cb01f02b697d97.png
Dhananjay_Desai is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 18th July 2021, 20:27   #879
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhananjay_Desai View Post
5k just for mud flaps and 3D mats?! That’s daylight robbery!! Why 5k did you check with the dealer?
In my case, all the price negotiations were done by my company so I didn't have much to say. Anyway, I saw many dealers charging 5K for normal Mat and Mudflap so I didn't pursue this matter much.
Old 19th July 2021, 00:54   #880
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitshippie View Post

I also got mudflap and mats from the Dealer at 5K. However, in my case mats were 3D and I found quality also good. I would suggest you to buy mats from the outside as it will be cheaper. Below is a link of thread about various mats here. It will give you some idea.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modif...mium-mats.html (3D KAGU & Other Premium Mats)

Posting this pic of mat for your reference which I got from the dealer:
Thank you Amit. Will check the link. Exploring the option of buying stuff from the Mobis App. Will talk to the dealer tomorrow. Definitely not paying 5k just like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP-BHP View Post
Welcome to the forum. The pandemic has created chaos for everyone. Good to know that things are back on track for you. Touchwood.

Thanks a lot for the kind words

You can create your profile/account on the Mobis website and order the accessories. Accessories ordered from the Mobis website directly offers a 15% discount. Most of the dealers will match the offer and will pass a similar discounts. Just make sure you open the website and add the products in the cart during the time of booking and they will match it.
Not opting for a loan, so sadly this option is a non-starter for me. Also, it's quite appalling that Hyundai is adopting such divisive techniques, when a large base of customers is facing a waiting period of over 6 months in some cases after gone through the legit way of booking through dealers. No wonder there's not much awareness about the ClickToBuy option, since officially there's never any announcement regarding the same.

Note from Support:

1- Please use the edit / multiquote functionality instead of back to back posts within 30 mins on the same thread.
2- Quoting a long post hampers readability. Kindly quote only the relevant bits.

Thanks in advance for your understanding.

Last edited by Eddy : 19th July 2021 at 01:26. Reason: Note inline
Old 19th July 2021, 15:02   #881

I am thinking for going with the colouring the roof with black colour - effectively making it dual tone. The Hyundai accessory guy is quoting a price of 16K for it. Any ideas on the pros-cons of doing it?
Old 19th July 2021, 15:17   #882
Distinguished - BHPian

Creta SX automatic trims in all three engine options; the 1.5L Petrol, 1.4L turbo Petrol and 1.5L Diesel have been officially discontinued.

Now automatics are available only in the top-end SX(O) trims!

All SX trims irrespective of the transmission have been replaced by the SX Executive available only in a manual transmission with the 1.5L Petrol and Diesel.

https://www.hyundai.com/content/dam/...v-brochure.pdf

Galaxy Blue colour discontinued as well.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Creta : Official Review-8d419b6284a54d5992360f0844707777.jpeg  

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 19th July 2021 at 15:20.
CEF_Beasts is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th July 2021, 15:38   #883
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
Creta SX automatic trims in all three engine options; the 1.5L Petrol, 1.4L turbo Petrol and 1.5L Diesel have been officially discontinued.

So with limited supply of IVT, Hyundai wants to get maximum profit.
Old 19th July 2021, 18:16   #884
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post

All SX trims irrespective of the transmission have been replaced by the SX Executive available only in a manual transmission with the 1.5L Petrol and Diesel.

https://www.hyundai.com/content/dam/...v-brochure.pdf

Galaxy Blue colour discontinued as well.
I've been waiting for last 4months for SX IVT.. Haven't heard anything from my dealer yet.. I hope they honour existing bookings..
Old 19th July 2021, 18:48   #885
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
I've been waiting for last 4months for SX IVT.. Haven't heard anything from my dealer yet.. I hope they honour existing bookings..
Looks like some confusion. On the Hyundai website click to buy page, it is showing petrol options as SX IVT, SX executive MT and SX(O) IVT. So as per this, SX(O) MT petrol is discontinued. Let's wait for more clarity and official word..

Most Viewed