Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 24th July 2021, 00:04   #916
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Navigation Woes
Are you able to use the navigation on touchscreen effectively?

1. I have found the location search to be patchy (perhaps google maps have spoiled us all), you need to enter a lot of text before it zeros in on the intended location.

2. Once the route guidance starts, we cannot see the route ahead of what is shown on the screen. Particularly if you want to get an idea of the turns or markers that you have to look out for. If you touch anywhere on the map, the system thinks you have changed your destination and starts giving you instructions for the point you touched on the map. I could not find a way to return to the original destination selected for navigation unless you re-enter the full text (point no.1).

I have had to abandon the navigation half way many times as it was too cumbersome. And if you are using Android Auto, you can search a location only via voice command (not by typing on the phone or touchscreen)
Totoro11 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2021, 11:51   #917
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhananjay_Desai View Post
I don’t know if Hyundai gives any additional damping for the variants with Bose speakers. I doubt it. And no, I don’t think it’s worth the risk for a new car at least.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamNikhil View Post
Wish they did give such special treatment for the top variant, but alas, it's Hyundai we're talking about! Also, I personally thought that the sound setup does not do enough justice to the legendary Bose brand, it's quite underwhelming honestly...and just a marketing gimmick. Also, would advise not to tinker with the doors for aftermarket damping, especially if it's a new car.
Ideally, the Bose system should have got better damping by Hyundai. If you hear back to back music on Creta SX (without Bose system) and SXO (with Bose system) the difference is very clear. SXO sounds better hands-down but if you compare the noise isolation, at least I could not feel any difference.
Does any car manufacturer give better damping for higher variants of their cars? Does any car come with factory fitted damping on the door and boot in up to 40 lac segment?

Quote:
Originally Posted by amolout View Post
Scary and discouraging at the same time.... Hope August brings some good news on this front...
Yes, all hopes are now sticking to 1st week of Aug 2021. I have been told that allocation of cars happened between 2nd to 7th every month. I am not sure how much play does your booking date priority is given vs. the dealer margin priority is taken into account while allocation happens.

Why can’t automobile companies in India give a tracking mechanism for the orders placed?

Why can’t the automobile companies offer a very transparent tracking mechanism post-booking of the car? I know that once the car is allocated from the factory, one can track/get updates that when the car has reached after shipping from the factory but I suspect that the car allocation from the factory happens only once the dealer places the order/release the amount for the car to the manufacturer which means that your car allocation is finally in the hand of the dealer.

How difficult it would be for the car manufacture to launch a portal where after booking, the customer can track when he can expect his car to go into manufacturing, are there any delays etc? Hyundai does give you a centralized booking id for each of its bookings so why can’t I track my car using this id? Why do I need to chase the dealer for the status? This will save tons of hours for both the customer and the dealer where customers keep on chasing dealers to know the status. Today you can even track orders of Rs. 20 for two samosas at Zomato) but surprisingly you can track an Rs. 2 million car!!!

I remember back in 2005 (that is 16 years ago), one can customize and order Dell systems through their website/helpline. One could have added additional RAM, or graphic card to the laptop and see the price difference of individual items and then place the order. Post this you can track when your laptop goes into production, if there is a delay due to part availability that was also notified and once the laptop is shipped (it used to ship from Malaysia factory to India) you can track the shipment. It worked beautifully and transparently. Why can’t this be done by the car manufacturer?

The reason I doubt that dealers have a play in getting the order quickly or delayed is that as I have seen the kind of margins dealers are making in things like accessories and insurance. If you check the forums of Creta on Facebook and you will find people uploading their quotations and the difference is huge among them. I have seen Insurance quote of Creta E (base variant) is higher than Creta SXO (if I compared it to what I got as a quotation). The same is with accessories where dealers are asking to buy accessories of a certain amount (can be as high as Rs. 50,000 to Rs. 1 lac) to ensure a quick delivery.

I am sure if TeamBHP members start discussing the ex-showroom price and insurance prices for Creta 2020, we all will see the way dealers are fleecing money from us.

What chances does a customer have who have negotiated hard during the booking, or have asked to match the insurance quote from outside or have not taken any accessories from the dealer vs. a customer who has gone for by the quote given by the dealer based on trust or just because they need the car quickly? Is this not a is daylight robbery/cheating? For the dealer, a customer who is buying more accessories or insurance at a higher rate would always be a preference (it makes business sense to them). And by not introducing any mechanism to track your order, car manufactures are prompting this behaviour of dealers.
HP-BHP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2021, 14:23   #918
BHPian

Facelift Hyundai Creta 2022

Images of facelift Creta 2022 have surfaced online.

The Creta platform could be confirmed by front fenders and side profile of the camouflaged car in pics.

The front bumper as well as the headlights have been redesigned and front grill is now in line with 2021 Tucson and Elantra N Line that is sold in North America.

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-38077364c3a042d9ab30141c59759695.jpeg

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-9db67a427839491dbf48e0a4bd9dd116.jpeg

Source: carblogster web page
sarav100 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th July 2021, 21:11   #919

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
Hi folks. I am in a situation with my Creta SX IVT booking in Bangalore and need some advice. I plan to go via company lease but the catch is that delivery has to happen in a certain month as per company guidelines. I made the booking 4 months ago and the SA was confident about delivery by now. However now he is simply putting his hands up and not even committing to any future dates. I know there has been long waiting period but I thought 4-5 months is a reasonable time frame. Going by some posts here, I see that folks are getting deliveries even faster. I also dialed couple of other dealers in town and they seem confident of delivery within 2-3 months. May be they want to get new booking but at least they are ready to give firm commitment. I can't transfer my current booking so not sure if I should cancel and make new booking. My question is that is it true that Creta IVT SX waiting period is indeed 6+ months or my SA is simply taking me for a ride or may be there is genuine delivery issue with this dealer (Advaith) and I should go for some other dealer ? What is best way forward?
Maybe you could book the car with the other dealer , I am assuming it's Trident. At the end of say 2 months once you have the car ( going by the dealer commitment) you could cancel one booking. Normally in the name of goodwill you should be able to get back your entire booking amount .Worst case you loose 3000.
Old 26th July 2021, 16:19   #920
BHPian

Hello BHPians, happy to inform that I have booked the Creta SX(O) IVT: Typhoon Silver today with Arsh Hyundai, Mumbai. The waiting period will be about 4-5 months. Dealer says they would try to get delivery by Diwali. We've told him that we'd be paying the final amount upfront and no loan formalities are involved, so keeping fingers crossed now that they can secure a delivery on priority. The final OTR stands at 19,98,788/- and the breakup is as follows:

Ex-showroom: 16,65,900/-
TCS: 16,659/-
Insurance: 84,293/-
Shield of Trust: 9,999/-
RSA: 1,360/-
Fastag: 600/-
Accessories: 5,000/-
Addl accessories: 10,000/-

(Opted for the 5 yr/50k Wonder Warranty package.)

The Sales guy was playing hardball with the Accessories bit, finally managed to negotiate and include 3D Mats instead of the regular good-for-nothing mats that the dealer provides in the 5k package (Mats + Mud Flaps + Boot Mat + Car Perfume) which is supposed to be "mandatory".

Wasn't keen on getting accessories from an aftermarket shop and wanted genuine Hyundai accessories, so bargained hard on the additional accessories and finally managed to close the deal at 10,000/- including labour charges for the following:
1) Door Visors with Chrome
2) Head Lamp Garnish
3) Fog Lamp Garnish
4) Tail Lamp Garnish
5) Tail Lamp Upper Garnish
6) Window Beading Chrome
7) Tail Gate Garnish
8) Car Body Cover

Now the wait begins!
Old 27th July 2021, 11:00   #921
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarav100 View Post
Facelift Hyundai Creta 2022
Images of facelift Creta 2022 have surfaced online. The Creta platform could be confirmed by front fenders and side profile of the camouflaged car in pics.
The front bumper as well as the headlights have been redesigned and front grill is now in line with 2021 Tucson and Elantra N Line that is sold in North America.
Looking at the waiting period, there is a possibility that many of us will end us getting the facelifted version based on the current booking

Quote:
Hello BHPians, happy to inform that I have booked the Creta SX(O) IVT: Typhoon Silver today with Arsh Hyundai, Mumbai. The waiting period will be about 4-5 months. The final OTR stands at 19,98,788/- and the breakup is as follows:
Ex-showroom: 16,65,900/-
TCS: 16,659/-
Insurance: 84,293/-
Shield of Trust: 9,999/-
RSA: 1,360/-
Fastag: 600/-
Accessories: 5,000/-
Addl accessories: 10,000/-
(Opted for the 5 yr/50k Wonder Warranty package.)
Congrats Nikhil for booking the Creta SX(O) IVT. Following are my observations:
  • 4-5 months waiting is too optimistic. Here in Delhi NCR, waiting is 8 months for SX(O) IVT (other variants i.e. DCT and Manual is less). Of course, you can get a better waiting time of few days if you are ready to pay a premium.
  • The Insurance quoted to you is way through the roof. 84K for 20 lac vehicle is a sham. At this insurance quote, they should be giving you the vehicle within 20 days!!!
  • Shield of Trust might not be very useful for an IVT as IVT transmission wear and tear is not covered in it. Other parts covered are not that expensive. It’s better to put the money in FD for three years and use it for any repair of wear & tear. If you would have opted for manual or DCT then Shield of Trust for 5 years (for Rs. 25K) would have made sense.

Following is my quotation for SO(X) IVT (This is for Noida):
  • Ex-showroom: 16,65,900/-
  • TCS: 16,659/-
  • Insurance: 46,920/- (Zero Dep – I can opt for Return To Invoice and Engine Protect for additional Rs. 5000)
  • Fastag: 600/-
  • Accessories: 12,000/-
  • Total: 19,13,469/-

Let see where the rolling ball of price would stop at the time of delivery (at the time of booking on 2nd Jan 2021 the OTR price was 18.75 lacs) as another price hike is speculated in 1st week of Aug 2021
HP-BHP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2021, 17:25   #922
BHPian

Quote:
Hello BHPians, happy to inform that I have booked the Creta SX(O) IVT...
Quote:
Originally Posted by HP-BHP View Post
..Following is my quotation for SO(X) IVT...
Congrats on the purchase guys!! Question - do you know if Hyundai has removed the Electric Seat Height Adjustment for the driver's seat in the recent update/variant update for SX(O)?
sam264_2000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2021, 17:38   #923
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam264_2000 View Post
Question - do you know if Hyundai has removed the Electric Seat Height Adjustment for the driver's seat in the recent update/variant update for SX(O)?
It was very much present in the test drive vehicle, as also part of the feature list shown by the dealer. Haven't heard anything about this online as well. Where did you get this from?
IamNikhil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2021, 22:26   #924
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats on the purchase guys!! Question - do you know if Hyundai has removed the Electric Seat Height Adjustment for the driver's seat in the recent update/variant update for SX(O)?
Have checked with my SA today and according to him, there is no such news about any feature being deleted from SX(O) variant. But you never know, it's our Hyundai Creta... they can make any changes, anytime.

My SA said today "Saar jab aapko gaadi mil jayegi aap tab check kar lena saare features. Jo aapki gaadi mein aayenge uss mahine ka wahi features honge sabhi Creta SX(O) mein. Aap brochure aur website dekhna band kar do"

i.e. "Sir whenever you will get your vechicle, you please check all the features as for that month those features would be available across all Creta SX(O). Please stop looking at websites and brochures"
HP-BHP is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th July 2021, 11:35   #925
BHPian

Quote:
...Where did you get this from?
It wasn't mentioned on the Hyundai website and their new brochure as well. It used to be clearly called out earlier.

Quote:
..But you never know, it's our Hyundai Creta... they can make any changes, anytime.....
Exactly, that's why I thought of asking the question.

Did anyone of you try the "Clicktobuy" feature from Hyundai website? I have heard that the wait times are reduced to 4 weeks if booked online. Only condition being you must be an individual buyer and finance the vehicle through a pre-approved car loan offer from your bank.
sam264_2000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2021, 12:39   #926
BHPian

Quote:
It wasn't mentioned on the Hyundai website and their new brochure as well. It used to be clearly called out earlier.
It is still mentioned in latest brochure. Refer to Page 4 of brochure “Power driver seat - 8 way” but it’s not on the website (atleast I could not find it) but I guess it was not mentioned earlier also. I have the old brochure (of Dec 2020) so I can compare the changes. But for sure it’s a nightmare for the dealer and SA as with every batch there is something or the other changed in the feature list of Creta. Bad part is that usually there are no upgrades.

Quote:
Did anyone of you try the "Clicktobuy" feature from Hyundai website? I have heard that the wait times are reduced to 4 weeks if booked online. Only condition being you must be an individual buyer and finance the vehicle through a pre-approved car loan offer from your bank.
Please refer to my earlier post regarding ClickToBuy
Quote:
As per my dealer (Capital Hyundai, Noida), one way to get accelerated delivery (as per them deliveries have happened within 15 days through this route) is to book the car using Clicktobuy. Following are the eligibility criteria for getting Creta in 15 days from Clicktobuy:
  • You have to be an individual buyer (so corporate lease buyers are not eligible)
  • You need to buy the car using car loan (so anyone not opting for the loan is not eligible)
  • You need to have a pre-approved car loan offer from eligible private banks (I guess it's limited to ICICI and HDFC). Keep in mind that it has to be a pre-approved car loan offer.
If someone fulfils the above criteria then your Creta can be delivered within two weeks. As per the dealer, such an order from Clicktobuy goes directly to Hyundai and the dealer’s role is limited to delivering the car.
As per the dealer, he has managed to get 2-3 vehicles delivered in the past two months using this way.
I am not sure how impartial is the booking process is at Hyundai. On one side, Hyundai is not able to deliver cars ever after 6 – 7 months (You search Twitter, Facebook for Hyundai Creta and you will find 100’s posts of the people waiting for their cars to be delivered for many months) and on the other side, they have an option to book the car directly with them and get the car quickly. I guess Hyundai might be getting some commission from these private banks for processing orders through ClickToBuy by bypassing the dealers.
HP-BHP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th July 2021, 18:03   #927
Senior - BHPian

When I connect my oneplus 7T to sxo infotainment using bluetooth, the media volume in phone gets reset to mute. I have to unmute it always. I see same issue raised in oneplus forums. I don't face this issue with other Bluetooth audio devices, so the issue seems particular to creta bluetooth. Has anyone else faced the same in creta sxo?

https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/b...ytime.1081408/
Old 30th July 2021, 01:14   #928
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
...I am not sure how impartial is the booking process at Hyundai...I guess Hyundai might be getting some commission from these private banks for processing orders through ClickToBuy by bypassing the dealers.
Have heard mixed reviews about ClickToBuy as well actually. Know someone who opted for this and still had a 4 month waiting period. It's actually quite appalling that Hyundai is adopting such discriminatory selling tactics. Are we fools to book through dealers then, or is it our crime that we are ready with an upfront payment, instead of opting for a loan? The commission must be really at a premium level for Hyundai to adopt such practices.
Old 30th July 2021, 01:22   #929
BHPian

Its going to be a month since I got the delivery of my Alcazar and I have driven it around 550 kms and I was wondering should I get it services now or wait till I complete 1000kms.
As they both share same engine and Alcazar’s thread isn’t very active as of now I am posting my query here.
Old 30th July 2021, 01:34   #930
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jatin247 View Post
Its going to be a month since I got the delivery of my Alcazar and I have driven it around 550 kms and I was wondering should I get it services now or wait till I complete 1000kms.
As they both share same engine and Alcazar’s thread isn’t very active as of now I am posting my query here.
Hi,

You should get the car serviced as per the schedule mentioned in the manual. The service interval depends on the duration or kms clocked since purchased. Usually for most cars it is 1 month/1000kms. Please check you car's manual for the service interval.

Considering it is a new car, it is extremely important to have it serviced as per intervals mentioned by the manufacturer. This ensures your car's factory warranty remains intact.
Shanksta is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed