Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2021, 01:24   #946
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

In other news, even Ladakh Police have got a swanky set of wheels in the form of the new Hyundai Creta now.

https://www.carblogindia.com/hyundai...ce-car-ladakh/
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Creta : Official Review-latesthyundaicretapolicecarladakh.jpg  

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-screenshot_20210731_012333.jpg  

IamNikhil is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st July 2021, 02:00   #947
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
My usage is less and I plan to use synthetic oil with the Hyundai timelines. A good quality synthetic oil, shell, mobil etc, should easily last 10k kms in our conditions.

I have been using synthetic oil in my old vehicle and the engine is in excellent condition even after crossing 1 lakh kilometers.

I checked with the service advisor and he said they provide shell synthetic oil.

Any thoughts?
I also fall in the same category of "My Usage is less" and despite that for the last 2 services i have opted for Synthetic Engine oil. Heck, I was so adamant in getting the Shell synthetic oil that going forward I will only get my vehicle serviced from Advaith Hyundai ITPL as they stock Shell. Trident mostly stocks Servo Synthetic. Shifting from mineral to Synthetic makes a difference in smoothness and you rest assured that a Lil bit of spirited driving won't harm the engine. After getting the 2nd service last year from them I went on a trip from Bangalore to Punjab and the vehicle performed without any issues and last month I got the 3rd service and while changing the engine oil it didn't feel exceptionally dirty. So yes it's worth going for Synthetic any day for the additional peace of mind.
Artyom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2021, 09:39   #948

Hi guys,
This is my first post here, after being silently following the forum for the last 7yrs. Feeling nervous and ecstatic at the same time.
Team-BHP got introduced to me by my brother when I was looking to buy my first car in India. Since that day I got so hooked on to this forum that my day wouldn’t complete without a visit to the forum.
I bought my Ciaz ZDI+ back then after gaining a lot of gyan from bhpians posts and never regretted the decision. But now the itch for new car began and last month cured it with a booking of Creta SXO Diesel Auto at Hyd.
SA gave me a 4 month waiting period but I am trying to get it early by some jugaad. OTR price quoted Rs. 21,15,690/- (Insurance @77K) but SA was ready to match the quote from my agent.
I have a question regarding the features (viz. Ventilated seats) getting deleted from SXO... is this true?? If it is, doesn’t it make it an already overpriced car (considering it only for its features above the competition) to be more ridiculously overpriced with no features.
Finally thank you guys for all the help I got from this wonderful place for my first car and throughout its beautiful journey and I wish the same gets repeated for the next one too.
Syperam is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st July 2021, 11:49   #949
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syperam View Post
... I have a question regarding the features (viz. Ventilated seats) getting deleted from SXO... is this true?? If it is, doesn’t it make it an already overpriced car (considering it only for its features above the competition) to be more ridiculously overpriced with no features...
These are nothing but unqualified rumours. There is no official word on these purported deletions from the list of features of the top model. Almost seems like a motivated campaign designed to create panic amongst people like us who are intently awaiting deliveries of their Cretas.

Came across this video from a guy who openly says he's paid 60k "black money" over and above the car price for early delivery. Such nefarious practices by buyers and dealers both hits people like us, who have done everything by the rule book, but are still at the receiving end!

(Watch from 12:48)

Old 31st July 2021, 12:53   #950
BHPian

Quote:
This is my first post here, after being silently following the forum for the last 7yrs. Feeling nervous and ecstatic at the same time.

I have a question regarding the features (viz. Ventilated seats) getting deleted from SXO... is this true??.
Congratulations on your booking and welcome to the forum!

The ventilated seats are very much there. Both PatienceWins and I have got the SXO diesel auto during June end/July first week and both our vehicles have the ventilated seats. This is something that Hyundai wouldn’t remove on the top on their line car. I’ve not known of any features getting deleted from the SXO variant.

What is the source of your information?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP-BHP View Post
changing oil and oil filters at every 5K kms is a waste of money. If you are more worried about the wear n tear then I would suggest that you go for synthetic oil (after 10K service) and get it changed every 10K kms
As I’ve stated earlier, the mineral oil is ₹405/litre and synthetic is ₹934/litre. This is for the Diesel engine. Oil filter is ₹425. I’ve been using synthetic oils in my other two cars since 10 years so I know about their advantages. I just want to feed the Creta fresh oil every 5000kms. The money I’d pay for either an annual synthetic oil change or bi-annual mineral oil change is practically similar. I’m not sure how it would be a waste of money. Please let me know if I’m missing something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP-BHP View Post
but do keep in mind that mineral oil + 10K kms change cycle is absolutely fine for Creta.
Mineral oil good for 10k? That’s news to me. Everything I’ve ever seen or heard says mineral is to be changed by 3-3.5k miles. Could you please help me out with sources that say mineral is good for 10k kilometres? It’ll be even lighter for my pocket.
Old 31st July 2021, 15:45   #951
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamNikhil View Post
Came across this video from a guy who openly says he's paid 60k "black money" over and above the car price for early delivery. Such nefarious practices by buyers and dealers both hits people like us, who have done everything by the rule book, but are still at the receiving end!
It is not uncommon for people to pay extra money to the dealer for early delivery. I have seen this practice as far back as I can remember...be it bike or car in demand.. In fact I have seen people selling their car or bike, which they got early through "jugaad", to another party at a premium! Can't say such practices are legal or fair but that's what it is. Unless there is some transparency or rule in place to stop such practices, there is no other choice
Aviator_guy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2021, 16:58   #952
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhananjay_Desai View Post
...Mineral oil good for 10k? That’s news to me. Everything I’ve ever seen or heard says mineral is to be changed by 3-3.5k miles. Could you please help me out with sources that say mineral is good for 10k kilometres? ....
Check out the Creta User Manual. It clearly specifies that for normal driving conditions, the oil change interval is 12 months or 10 k km. The 5 k or 6 month oil change is rec for severe conditions. Definition of severe condition(s) is also clearly specified. I have attached the extracts of the manual for ref. You can take a call depending on your typical driving cycles.

Also, cross check with the Hyundai website for confirming the specific grade and brand of mineral oil recommended by them.

https://www.hyundai.com/in/en/connec...ice-calculator . The replacement cost given by Hyundai for engine oil is about Rs 2k, for capacity 5 l (IIRC), which again indicates mineral oil.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf creta-su2 Owners Manual extract.pdf (148.1 KB, 368 views)

Last edited by Rigid Rotor : 31st July 2021 at 17:02.
Rigid Rotor is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st July 2021, 19:45   #953
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have a question regarding the features (viz. Ventilated seats) getting deleted from SXO... is this true?? If it is, doesn’t it make it an already overpriced car (considering it only for its features above the competition) to be more ridiculously overpriced with no features.
I got delivery of diesel Auto SXO early this month. There was no feature deletion, including ventilated seats. It came with the new features, engine start from remote and map updates over internet.

Last edited by PatienceWins : 31st July 2021 at 19:49.
PatienceWins is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st August 2021, 18:49   #954
Senior - BHPian

I need some info about which car loan to go for and the process. So far, I have zeroed onto SBI (better rates, transparency and easy TnC but paper work might be tedious) and HDFC bank (due to my relationship, processing might be less leg work). Car delivery is still a month or two away.

Is SBI paperwork reasonably fast and easy or do they make you run around? I do not have any relationship with them so bit skeptical.
When is the right time to start the loan application process?
Is there any advantage of going thru dealer ( haven't spoken to them yet) or should I initiate it on my own?

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 1st August 2021 at 18:54.
Old 1st August 2021, 20:49   #955
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
I need some info about which car loan to go for and the process. So far, I have zeroed onto SBI (better rates, transparency and easy TnC but paper work might be tedious) and HDFC bank (due to my relationship, processing might be less leg work). Car delivery is still a month or two away.

Is SBI paperwork reasonably fast and easy or do they make you run around? I do not have any relationship with them so bit skeptical.
Is there any advantage of going thru dealer ( haven't spoken to them yet) or should I initiate it on my own?
HDFC isn't exactly sweetness and light as most people like to tell you, they squeeze you and there are plenty of posts describing terrible experiences BHPians who are long term customers have had dealing with them.

SBI processes the loan in 3 days, you need to submit the required documents as listed below.

3 months' payslips
Form 16 for two years of you're salaried
6 months' bank statement
Address proof
Employment proof
2 passport size photos
PAN card copy.

There is no prepayment penalty after 2 years. You've to visit the branch and if you don't have an account with them, you'll have to pay her processing fees out of pocket. The loans start at 7.5%, if you apply through Yono app, otherwise it's around 7.75%.

There may be done advantage of going through the dealer, I think my delivery is delayed because I arranged financing on my own.
avira_tk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st August 2021, 20:58   #956
BHPian

Quote:

Have dealt with HDFC for my home loan and car loanl,they have been transparent with their deals. But they have charges for preclosure of the loan. Take it only from the dealer if he is offering the same rate offered elsewhere and promises earlier delivery if taken through them.
hareshjethwani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2021, 21:53   #957
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avira_tk View Post
HDFC isn't exactly sweetness and light as most people like to tell you, they squeeze you and there are plenty of posts describing terrible experiences BHPians who are long term customers have had dealing with them.

SBI processes the loan in 3 days..

There is no prepayment penalty after 2 years. You've to visit the branch and if you don't have an account with them, you'll have to pay her processing fees out of pocket. The loans start at 7.5%, if you apply through Yono app, otherwise it's around 7.75%.

There may be done advantage of going through the dealer, I think my delivery is delayed because I arranged financing on my own.
I also thought that the TnC of HDFC bank is bit a deal breaker if I am thinking of part payment or foreclosure (one or both are most likely scenario as I may not want to keep loan for full duration). I am only skeptical of SBI if they make me run to their branch for even a small paperwork now or during part payment. If any feedback please let me know. Also, I checked out their yono app but could not find any branch near to my place (there are couple of branches nearby but they are not listed on their app). So if I want my loan (most importantly paperwork) with a branch of my choice, I need to walk in or get hold of an agent? I haven't dealt with SBI before so little nervous of dealing with their paperwork in this pandemic situation.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 1st August 2021 at 21:56.
Old 1st August 2021, 23:23   #958
BHPian

Quote:

I had taken Bank of Baroda car loan last year october and the process was quite smooth except a couple of days of delay in handing over the final payment cheque. But the overall process took only 4-5 days. You can apply and ask them to keep the payment cheque/draft ready to avoid any delay at the last moment.
The ROI for me was finalized at 7.3 based on the cibil score and the current one starts with 7.25% listed on their website.
Documentation wise its mostly the same as others and no prepayment charges as well.
Give it a try, it might help you save some bucks
D'Ro@dSt@r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2021, 23:33   #959
BHPian

Quote:
Is there any advantage of going thru dealer (haven't spoken to them yet) or should I initiate it on my own?
SBI has improved by leaps and bounds over the years. You'll surely find them to be more cooperative and willing to help you out. If all your documentation is spick and span, you wouldn't face any unnecessary delays. The babus are satisfied if everything is in order and no discrepancies. HDFC isn't exactly as great as everyone makes them out to be, their attitude has become quite superiority-complex type, these days! Also, with regard to foreclosure etc, you'll always find a PSB that's easier to deal with, than a private bank.

Unless the dealer is 100% transparent with you and throws in some added benefits, don't go through them. You're better off handling the loan process independently.
IamNikhil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2021, 09:29   #960
sbm
BHPian

I recently saw some videos in which people have installed cruise control in Creta E model. It appears that one only has to replace the control module that costs only Rs.1700 and it can be directly installed in the original wiring, no wire cuts and no modifications whatsoever. Has anyone here installed cruise control in aftermarket? If its only costs Rs1700 why not provide it from base model itself? I am sure no buyer would mind paying few thousand bucks exta for it. Here is the link to one such video

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks